AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 10 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- NITI Aayog has launched ‘SATH’ program with state governments for furthering the agenda for cooperative federalism. Acronym ‘SATH’ stands for:
1.Systematic Action for Transforming Human Capital
2.Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital
3.Sustainable Action for Training Human Capital
4.Systematic Action for Training Human Capital
5.Suitable Action for Transforming Human Capital
Answer – 2.Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital
Objective of ‘SATH’ program is to identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems. NITI Aayog along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium will work in close collaboration with administrative machinery and institutions in the three selected states to accomplish the end objectives
- Which State government has launched the “Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme”with an aim to provide cheaper and quality technical education to the meritorious and poor students of the state?
Answer – 1.Punjab
Under “Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme” all the students who are residents of Punjab and studying in government polytechnic and engineering colleges, Maharaja Ranjit Singh University, Bathinda and IKGPTU, Jalandhar would benefit from this scheme.
- According to the provisions of which act, the Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrolment number will be mandatory to file income tax returns and to apply for a new PAN?
1.Tax Return Act 2017
2.Aadhar Provision Act 2017
3.Finance Act 2017
4.Direct Tax Act 2017
5.UIDAI Act 2017
Answer – 3.Finance Act 2017
On June 9, 2017, The Supreme Court upheld the government’s decision to link Aadhaar with the permanent account number (PAN) for the filing of income tax returns, but ruled that non-compliance with the law will carry no retrospective criminal consequences.
- Which State Government has launched a new debt relief scheme ‘Krishi Rin Samadhan Yojana’ for farmers?
Answer – 3.Madhya Pradesh
Amid violent protests by farmers demanding loan waivers and fair price for their produce, the Madhya Pradesh government has launched a new debt relief scheme – Krishi Rin Samadhan Yojana — for farmers. The cabinet also allocated Rs 1,000 crore for the scheme.
- India has signed a pact with which country to institutionalize cooperation between Parliaments of the two countries?
Answer – 1.Mauritius
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and Speaker of National Assembly of Mauritius Santi Bai Hanoomanjee after their meeting in Port Louis, Mauritius
- The Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy(CCRYN) under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, has initiated a Yoga Awareness Drive through Mascots and Flash Mobs (YogMob)prior to International Yoga Day (21st June) to increase popularity of Yoga especially among the youth. CCRYN was formed in which year?
Answer – 2.1978
The Human-size Mascots are running the campaign & spreading the message of Yoga Day in Delhi NCR, Lucknow and Haryana from 8th June 2107. FlashMobs of Yoga Dance called YogMob are also being organised at certain crowded places like malls.
- Kaladan Multi-Modal Transport Project directly pertains to which North Eastern Indian State?
Answer – 4.Mizoram
Indian Government has awarded Rs. 1600 crore contract for building 109-km road connecting Paletwa river terminal to Zorinpui in Mizoram border as part of $484-million Kaladan multi-modal transport projects in Myanmar that will offer connectivity to Mizoram in India.
- The second Mission Innovation Ministerial (MI-2) took place on 7th and 8th June 2017 in:
Answer – 4.Beijing, China
MI-2 will bring together energy ministers and other representatives from MI member countries to share knowledge and collaborate on priorities for clean energy innovation. This event will include ministerial working sessions, opportunities for high-profile announcements, Innovation Challenge discussions, and a series of side events.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa?
Answer – 1.Ruchira Kamboj
Ruchira Kamboj, presently Ambassador/PR to Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO, Paris has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa. Earlier, Ruchira Kamboj had served as the Deputy Head in the office of the Commonwealth Secretary-General, London.
- SEBI has approved the appointment of ______________ as chief executive officer and managing director of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd (NSE).
Answer – 2.Vikram Limaye
Approval of Limaye’s appointment by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had been held up by his role on the panel overseeing the functioning of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Who among the following has become the first female Sikh MP to be elected to the UK’s Houses of Parliament?
Answer – 1.Preet Gill
Preet Gill secured 24,124 votes to hold the seat in Birmingham Edgbaston for Labour with a majority of 6,917. The seat had previously been held by Gisela Stuart who stepped down when the election was called.
- On June 8, 2017, which country fired multiple ground-to-ship missiles into the waters between Korea and Japan?
Answer – 5.North Korea
The missile launches on June 8, 2017 came less than a week after the UN expanded sanctions against North Korea in response to ballistic missile tests. These launches are North Korea’s fifth round of tests — three ballistic missile launches, a surface-to-air missile and now the cruise missiles — since the South Korea’s new President Moon Jae-in took power on May 10, 2017.
- Headquarters of International Olympic Committee (IOC) is located in which country?
Answer – 1.Swizerland
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has approved new events for the 2020 Tokyo Games, including a number of mixed-gender competitions. The additions include a mixed team event for judo. Each team will consist of 3 men and 3 women, all representing different weight classes. Team events have already taken place at the judo world championships, but never on a mixed-gender basis.
- Veteran Cong (I) leader and Rajya Sabha member from ________, Palvai Govardhan Reddy, passed away on June 9, 2017.
Answer – 2.Telangana
Palvai was first elected to the Legislative Assembly in 1967 from Munugodu constitutency in Nalgonda district in the United Andhra Pradesh. He went on to represent it five times, then served two terms as a Council member. He became a member of the Upper House of Parliament in April 2012.
- Basudev Chatterji, who passed away on June 8, 2017, was an eminent:
Answer – 3.Historian
Eminent historian Basudev Chatterji, also the former chairman of Indian Council for Historical Research (ICHR) passed away on June 8, 2017, in Guwahati in Assam. Chatterji was an academician, and he used to teach at St Stephen’s College in Delhi and University of Hyderabad besides supervising undergraduates at the University of Cambridge.
- ______________, the chairman of banned rebel Naga outfit, National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang, NSCN(K), died in Myanmar on June 9, 2017
1.K K Patton
2.N N Kire
3.L L Swu
4.S S Khaplang
5.T T Muivah
Answer – 4.S S Khaplang
S S Khaplang was born at Waktham village of Myanmar in April 1940. He belonged to Myanmar’s Hemi Naga tribe. He had become top Naga insurgent leaders over the years and had managed to bring several groups under one umbrella with a demand of freedom of Nagaland.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.