AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 9 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 9, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee launched which initiative to take education to the remotest corners of the country with the help of technology?
3.National Academic Depository
4.National Digital Library
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
President Pranab Mukherjee on July 9, 2017, launched digital initiatives Swayam, Swayam Prabha, National Academic Depository and National Digital Library in New Delhi to push e-education in the country. According to ministry of human resource development (MHRD) these initiatives will increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio in the higher education from 24.5 (2015-16) to 30 by 2020.
- On 6th and 7th July, 2017, National Security Guard (NSG) organised First International Aviation Security Seminar in:
2.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5.Bhuj, GujaratAnswer – 1.Manesar, Haryana
The seminar was inaugurated by Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha on July 6, 2017, whereas Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (I/C) Rajiv Pratap Rudy attended the seminar on the second day.
- India is planning to invite the leaders of the 10 ______ nations for the Republic Day parade for 2018.
1.South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
2.North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
3.Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
5.African UnionAnswer – 3.Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Taking an assertive step in its Act East Policy, India will invite the ten Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), leaders for the Republic Day parade and celebrations next year. Republic Day 2018 will be the first time ever that so many leaders will together be chief guests at the parade which showcases India’s military might.
- First edition of __________________ was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation on July 7, 2017.
1.DREAM 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity
2.HOPE 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity
3.ASPIRE 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity
4.BLUE SKY 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity
5.WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional ConnectivityAnswer – 5.WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity
The First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation on July 7, 2017. The Plenary session was chaired by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju and the Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Shri Jayant Sinha was also present on this occasion. Around 338 delegates from Government and Civil Aviation sector participated in the first edition of WINGS-2017.
- On July 8, 2017, ______ Government formally launched a scheme that sponsors free surgeries at private hospitals, if the waiting period at Government hospitals is long.
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 1.Delhi
According to the scheme, if the waiting period for 52 surgeries — heart bypass, cataract and kidney stones removal, etc—listed by the government is more than one month, patients would be eligible to get it done at 48 empanelled hospitals.
- A 2-day Regional Conference on “Good Governance and Replication of Best Practices” was held on 7th and 8th July, 2017 in:
3.Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
5.Jaipur, RajasthanAnswer – 2.Nainital, Uttarakhand
The conference was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India in collaboration with Government of Uttarakhand. The Conference is an effort to create a common platform to share experiences in the formulation and implementation of citizen centric governance, improved public service delivery through e-Governance, transparent, accountable and citizen-friendly effective administration.
- 12th G20 Summit was held on 7th and 8th July, 2017 in:
5.Tokyo, JapanAnswer – 3.Hamburg, Germany
The theme for this year’s G20 Summit was “Shaping an Inter-connected World”. The progress on decisions since the Hangzhou Summit last year was reviewed and deliberations were held on issues such as terrorism, climate, sustainable development, growth and trade, digitalisation, health, employment, migration, women’s empowerment, and partnership with Africa.
- Nelsan Ellis, who passed away on July 8, 2017, was:
3.American Basketball Player
5.American DiplomatAnswer – 2.American Actor
Actor Nelsan Ellis best known for playing Lafayette Reynolds on the HBO series “True Blood,” has died at the age of 39. The performance earned him a 2008 Satellite Award for best supporting actor and numerous awards alongside the cast of the show.
- At G20 Summit 2017, who among the following presented a 10-point action plan on counter terrorism?
1.US President Donald Trump
2.German Chancellor Angela Merkel
3.Russian President Vladimir Putin
4.Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
5.Japanese Prime Minsiter Shinzo AbeAnswer – 4.Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Deterrent action against nations supporting terrorism, exchanging lists of suspected terrorists and their supporters, expediting extradition process were some of the points listed in PM Modi’s 10-point action plan.
- On July 7, 2017, the leaders of the 5 BRICS countries held an informal meeting on the sidelines of G20 Summit 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. This was in run up to the forthcoming 9th BRICS Summit in September 2017 in:
4.Durban, South Africa
5.Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAnswer – 1.Xiamen, China
During this meeting, BRICS leaders discussed preparations and priorities for the forthcoming Xiamen BRICS Summit. Prime Minister mentioned that BRICS has been a strong voice and needs to show leadership on terrorism and global economy.
- Which international organisation has mentioned that India is emerging as a front runner in the global fight against climate change?
1.International Monetary Fund
3.Asian Development Bank
4.New Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure InvestmentAnswer – 2.World Bank
Noting that the solar power is gradually displacing coal as an energy source in India, World Bank has noted that India is emerging as a front runner in the global fight against climate change.
- On July 8, 2017, Nepal SBI Bank, a subsidiary of the State Bank of India,launched its fully automatic digital banking called __________ in Kathmandu
1.SBI Digi Bank
2.SBI Hi-Tech Bank
4.SBI Intouch Bank
5.SBI Green BankAnswer – 4.SBI Intouch Bank
This is for the first time the State Bank of India has expanded the paperless banking system outside India. Digital banking provides various services including cash deposit, opening of new accounts, distribution of debit card, ATM and online banking information on touch of the screen.
- Who among the following Bollywood Actor has featured in GQ’s Most Influential Young Indians 2017?
3.Sushant Singh Rajput
5.Varun DhawanAnswer – 4.Ranveer Singh
Actor Ranveer Singh has featured in GQ’s Most Influential Young Indians 2017. ‘Baahubali’ actor Prabhas has also featured in the list. Some of the other names to feature in the list include Reliance business scion Akash Ambani, Lipstick Under My Burkha writer-director Alankrita Shrivastava, Amrita Pandey, vice president of studios at Disney India, Amazon India head Nitesh Kripalani.
- Which Indian Music composer’s music from the film Viceroy’s House has been shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Awards?
1.A R Rahman
5.Himesh ReshmmiyaAnswer – 1.A R Rahman
Academy Award-winning composer AR Rahman has been shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Awards for his upcoming film, Viceroy’s House. It is a film directed by Gurinder Chadha, a British filmmaker of Sikh origin. All soundtrack and film music fans worldwide can cast their personal vote for the best soundtrack of the past 12 months.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI)?
5.Peter GomesAnswer – 2.John Joseph
John Joseph, a 1983 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has worked in the Finance Ministry’s important departments, including the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI). The DG GSTI is the new name given to the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence (DGCEI), mandated to check service tax and central excise duty evasion.
- _________________, a new personal assistant selected by the Queen Elizabeth is to become the first black equerry in British history.
1.Major Alan Kyeremanten
2.Major Ambrose Dery
3.Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah
4.Major Ken Ofori-Atta
5.Major John Peter AmewuAnswer – 3.Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah
Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah, a Ghanaian-born officer who fought in the Afghanistan war, will fill one of the most important roles in the royal household. As an equerry, Major Twumasi-Ankrah will act as one of the Queen’s most-trusted attendants, assisting her with official engagements and welcoming high profile guests to royal residences.
- Raninder Singh has been re-elected as president of:
1.All India Tennis Association (AITA)
2.Wrestling Federation of India (WFI)
3.Athletics Federation of India (AFI)
4.National Rifle Association of India (NRAI)
5.Badminton Association of India (BAI)Answer – 4.National Rifle Association of India (NRAI)
Incumbent Raninder Singh was re-elected president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for a four-year term with an overwhelming mandate. Raninder recorded a 89-1 margin over Shyam Singh Yadav, president of Uttar Pradesh Rifle Association, in a lop-sided affair.
- Who among the following has become the youngest known winner of a professional golf tour event with victory at the Ladies European Thailand Championship?
5.Stacy LewisAnswer – 1.Atthaya Thitikul
At 14 years, four months and 19 days, Atthaya broke the previous record of the formerly top-ranked Lydia Ko, who at 14 years and eight months won her first professional event at the New South Wales Open in 2012.
- Gour Ghosh, who passed away on July 8, 2017, was:
1.Bengali Novel Writer
2.Former first-class cricketer
5.Veteran JournalistAnswer – 2.Former first-class cricketer
Former Bengal and Jharkhand First-Class cricketer Gour Ghosh, 77, passed away on July 8, 2017. A right-hand batsman and wicketkeeper, Ghosh played 17 First-Class matches in a career spanning 1960-61 to 1970-71.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.