Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- For how many projects inaugurated at over 100 locations in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Haryana and Delhi under Namami Gange Programme?
The projects worth of Rs.1500 Crore. Union Ministers Nithin Gadkari (Minister of Road Transport & highways and Shipping), Uma bharti (water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation), Narendra Tomar and Mahesh Sharma launch the works in Haridwar along with the Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat. Namami Gange will achieve its objective by 2018.
- Which academy to be set up in Dharamshala will train MPs, MLAs and the staff of such institutions from different states in the country?
Ans: D.E –VIDHAN
Himachal Pradesh Assembly Speaker BBL Butail today said that a National E-Vidhan Academy will be set up in Tapovan in Dharamsala, where Himachal Pradesh is situated. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in have already permitted in principle approval for setting up of the National academy. This academy in Dharamsala will train MPs, MLAs and the staff of such institutions from different states in the country.
- Which place is come up with tourist hub worth of Rs. 300 crore for the development of tourism?
B.Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir
D.Gajoldoba, West Bengal
Ans: D.Gajoldoba, West Bengal
Tourism Department of West Bengal plans to set up a tourist hub at Bhorer alo aka Gajoldoba. Total estimated cost of the project is Rs.300 crore, of which Rs 200 crore would be spent to improve the infrastructure. The total area of the hub is 208 acres. The place is likely to be a major tourist destination in West Bengal by 2017.
- How many domestic fliers in India when compared to Russia, China and US report which is released by the International Air Transport Association (IATA)?
Ans: B.80 million
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported that India’s Air passenger market in India grew at the fastest pace in the world in 2015 and India topped the domestic air passenger growth rankings. With annual growth of 18.8% (in a market of 80 million domestic passengers), India’s performance surpassed that of Russia (11.9% growth, in a market of 47 million domestic passengers)
- In which bank, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved increased limits in foreign investments from 62% to 74% of the total paid up share capital on a fully commodity basis?
B.Indus Ind Bank
Ans: A.Axis Bank
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved increased limits in foreign investment in Axis Bank from 62% to 74% of the total paid up share capital of the Axis Bank on a fully commodity basis. As the result of this approval, foreign direct investment to the tune of Rs 12,973.14 crore will be received in the country with an estimated creation of 6000 to 7000 jobs over the next three years.
- For which company, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sanctioned a semi closed wallet license?
Ans: D.YELDI SOFTCOM
A semi-closed wallet is a payment instrument that is accepted by a predefined set of merchants that have been contracted specifically by the issuer of the semi-closed wallet. A semi-closed wallet does not allow users to withdraw or redeem cash. Most semi-closed wallets require a debit card, credit card or a net banking account. But when it comes to adding money to Yeldi’s products, cash could be remitted over a designated counter to add money to the wallet.
- Which government sector having India’s first insurance policy covering public liability to an atomic power plant operator?
India’s first insurance policy covering public liability to an atomic power plant operator has been issued to Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited(NPCIL). The total premium of such policy is Rs 100 crore for a risk cover of Rs 1,500 crore. Policy complies with all the provisions of the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act (CLND). This policy would cover the liability towards public as a consequence of any nuclear accident in the plants.
- Who becomes the first Indian gymnast to secure World Class Gymnast award, ‘Gymnaste de Classe Mondaile’ by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG)?
Ans: D.Dipa Karmakar
She is also the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Karmakar received the letter of distinction that also carries a special badge, which she will be carrying during the Olympics. FIG decided to honour Karmakar for the fine performance in the World artistic gymnastics championships, held in Glasgow 2015. She ranked fifth in that event in Glasgow.
- Who is the new CEO for Reliance Group Internet of Things (IoT) business operations?
A.Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
Ans: D.Juergen Hase
Anil Ambani led Reliance Group, which had drawn up a comprehensive strategy to drive growth in the Internet of Things (IoT) space, has appointed Juergen Hase as the Group CEO for its IoT Business. Juergen has worked in the global telecommunications industry for more than 25 years to develop, implement and execute new businesses in different global markets.
- Who has appointed as a New Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh?
D.Kuljit Singh Kropha
Ans: A.Deepak Singhal
Deepak Singhal has been appointed the new Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh. Mr. Singhal will succeed Alok Ranjan, who has got retire in the month of June after a three-month extension of service. He will also hold additional charge of Principal Resident Commissioner of UP in New Delhi, and chairman of the Pradeshiya Industrial & Investment Corporation of UP (PICUP).
- Which artificial organ is found by the Researchers, in order to monitor blood glucose in patients with diabetes ?
In order to monitor blood glucose in patients with diabetes an automatically adjusts levels of insulin entering the body, researchers found how to make a artificial PANCREAS in 2018. One part of the clinical need for the artificial pancreas is the variability of insulin requirements between and within individuals – on one day a person could use one third of their normal requirements, and on another three times what they normally would.
- What species has identified near the home town of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the late Nobel literature laureate?
D.Great raft spider
A new species of tarantula has been identified near the home town of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the late Nobel literature laureate. The newly researched “Kankuamos marquezi” is named for both Garcia Marquez and the indigenous Kankuamo group who live in the area of Caribbean Colombia where the writer was born.
- What is the name of China’s largest indigenously-built transport aircraft that allows the world’s largest force to transport cargo and troops?
China has inducted its largest indigenously-built transport aircraft Y-20, that allows the world’s largest force to transport cargo and troops over long distances in diverse weather conditions. The maximum take off weight of that transport plane is 200 tonnes. The plane is comparable to the Russian-made IL-76 and the US C-17.
- Which swimmer along with Shivani Kataria will represent India at the Rio Olympics?
Ans: C.Sajan Prakash
After a long wait, the names of the swimmers set to represent India at the Rio Olympics 2016 have been revealed by the Swimming Federation of India (SFI). As per the decision of SFI Swimmers Sajan Prakash and Shivani Kataria will represent India at the Rio Olympics.
- Which football sportsperson handed 21-month prison term in Spain for tax fraud?
Ans: D.Lionel Messi
FC Barcelona’s Superhero Lionel Messi his father Jorge have been sentenced to 21 months in prison for tax fraud, but the Barcelona forward is not expected to spend any time behind bars. This jail term for deceiving Spain of €4.1m (£3.5m; $4.5m) between 2007 and 2009. Messi proclaimed that he “knew nothing” about his financial affairs, while his father said he was told by a legal adviser that the practice was legal.