Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place Union Cabinet approved to setting up of major port to become a trans-shipment hub for the global East-West trade route?
The Union Cabinet has given it’s in essence approval to setting up of a major port at Enayam near Colachal in South Tamilnadu. Chennai port trust, Kamarajar port trust, V.O.C Chidambaram port trust altogether sponsored a Special Purpose Vehicle to develop the port infrastructure including dredging and construction, reclamation of backwaters, ensuring connectivity etc.
- Which state Government Labour Department has introduced a new system of introducing minimum wages to the part time workers?
Rajasthan State Government Labour Department has introduced a new system of introducing minimum wages to the part time workers. Part time workers fall under the jurisdiction of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948. As per this notification, it is compulsory to pay 50 percent of a day minimum wage to a person who works less than four hours a day.
- In which international airport having the World’s Largest “chakra” that is unveiled by the BJP President Amit Shah?
A.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
B.Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur
C.Anna International Airport, Chennai
D.Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
Ans: D.Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
BJP President Amit Shah unveiled the World’s Largest “chakra (spinning wheel)” at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. The ‘charka’ has been installed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). The installation of the charkha also commemorates the centenary year of Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival from South Africa.
- For what purpose, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved The High Court’s Bill, 2016?
A.Alteration of Names
B.Addition of Names
C.Substitution of Names
D.Deletion of Names
Ans: A.Alteration of Names
The Union Cabinet in its meeting on Tuesday with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the chair approved the introduction of a bill to rename High Courts named after cities they are located in, consequent to cities name being changed.
- In which place the World famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath leaves along with his brother Balram and sister Subhadhra?
This is the only time in the entire year that the devotees will see Lord Jagannath leaving the Puri Jagannath temple with his brother Balram and sister Subhadra. Devotees from all over gather in Puri, Odisha for the annual Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra, which begun on july 6th. They visit their aunt for nine days and are taken in a procession which what the Hindu festival is all about.
- What is the ranking position, India secured among the rest of the countries in terms of their readiness for transition to a digitised economy and society?
Steeping down into the bottom of the table, India ranked 91 among the rest of the countries in terms of their readiness for transition to a digitised economy and society. Among the major emerging markets, Singapore ranks first and India ranks last.
- In which country along India has approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy?
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Tanzania in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- Which bank launched a full-fledged digital banking service for small and medium enterprises (SME)?
Ans: A.HDFC Bank
HDFC bank launched a full-fledged digital banking service for small and medium enterprises (SME). This will help the customers to utilize a complete set of services on their choice at anytime and at anywhere in India.
- For what purpose, 3 lakh rupees of loan amount at an interest rate of 4% is given by the Central Government?
In order to boost the fast growing Indian economy several schemes have been introduced by the Central Government. One among that is the extension of 3% interest subvention on crop loans.
- Which has acquired Paris-based Moodstocks, a startup that has developed machine learning technology to bolster the image recognition features on smartphones?
Google has acquired Paris-based Moodstocks, a startup that has developed machine learning technology to bolster the image recognition features on smartphones. Moodstocks team, a small group of researchers and engineers, will join a Google research and development center in Paris. Google and its parent Alphabet are expected to integrate the image search team in artificial intelligence efforts.
- Which Motor corporation has inked a wage settlement pact with its permanent workers at Gurgaon Plant?
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL) has inked a wage settlement pact with its permanent workers at Gurgaon Plant. As per the settlement, the permanent workers of the Gurgaon facility have been given a hike of Rs.12,500 spread over the next three years.
- Which writer won the 17th Caine Prize for African Writing for his short story Memories We Lost, published in Incredible Journey: Stories That Move You?
Ans: D.Lidudumalingani Mqombothi
South African writer Lidudumalingani won 17th Caine Prize for African Writing for African Writing for his short story Memories We Lost, published in Incredible Journey: Stories That Move You.
- Which spacecraft followed by The Galileo is a key mission endeavoured to explore and study the biggest planet of the solar system “The Jupiter”?
Juno spacecraft followed by The Galileo is a key mission endeavoured to explore and study the biggest planet of the solar system “The Jupiter”. It was launched on 2011 from Cape Canaveral station, Florida.
- Which Javeline thrower sets national mark at 56th National Inter-state Athletics Championships at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium?
Ans: A.Annu Rani
Javeline thrower Annu Rani, the Incheon Asian Games bronze medalist, sets national mark at National Inter-state Athletics Championships. She has snapped her own national record with a massive 59.87m throw at the recently-concluded 56th National inter-state Senior Athletics Championships.
- The first actress played the role Lois Lane on the Adventures of Superman television series who is passed away at an age of 95. Who is she?
Ans: D.Noel Neil
US actor Noel Neill, the first actress to play the role Lois Lane on the Adventures of Superman television series passed away, She was 95. Neill first took on the role as the Daily Planet reporter in the 1948 Columbia movie serial, “Superman.”