AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 5 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 5, 2017, who among the following launched a month-long plantation drive in Delhi to mark Van Mahotsav?
1.President Pranab Mukerjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Speaker of the Lok Sabha Sumitra Mahajan
5.Environment Minister Dr Harsh VardhanAnswer – 5.Environment Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan
The plantation drive was organised at Ram Lila Park, C. C Colony and Model Town in Delhi. Harsh Vardhan planted a sapling and also distributed saplings to local residents. He urged the people to become ‘Green ambassadors’ and participate actively in plantation drives during the period of monsoon, in keeping with the spirit of Van Mahotsav.
- In its 270th report titled “Compulsory Registration of Marriages”, Law Commission of India has suggested that the time limit to register marriages should be restricted to ______days after which a penalty of Rs. 5/- per day could be imposed.
5.70 daysAnswer – 1.30 days
On July 4, 2017, Law Commission submitted its 270th report titled “Compulsory Registration of Marriages” to Law Ministry. In this report, Law Commission has recommended compulsory registration of all marriages to deal with social evils such as child marriages, bigamy, marriage frauds, desertions of women by their husband and gender violence.
- As announced by Union Government, how much proportion of the total outstanding debt of all state power distribution companies (discoms) has been covered under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) so far?
5.97%Answer – 5.97%
As on September 30, 2015, the total debt of all state-owned discoms was Rs. 3.95 lakh crore. The 26 states and 1 UT which have joined the UDAY scheme, account for total outstanding debt of Rs.3.82 lakh crore. Hence, about 97% of the total outstanding debt of all State discoms has been covered under UDAY
- 10TH India-Jordan Trade and Economic Joint Committee (TEJC) Meeting was held on 4th and 5th July, 2017, in:
3.New Delhi, India
5.Aqaba, JordanAnswer – 3.New Delhi
The 10TH India-Jordan Trade and Economic Joint Committee (TEJC) Meeting was held in New Delhi on 4th and 5th July, 2017 under the co-chairs of Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Commerce and Industry, Government of India, and H.E Eng. Mr. Yarub Qudah, Minister of Industry, Trade and Supply, the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Who among the following inaugurated the 9th edition of Delhi Dialogue on 4th of July 2017 in New Delhi?
5.M Venkaiah NaiduAnswer – 1.Sushma Swaraj
The ninth edition of the Delhi Dialogue, a conference in which policy makers converge to discuss a range of issues relating to India-ASEAN relations, was inaugurated n July 4, 2017, by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. This year’s event marks the completion of 25 years of India-ASEAN relation
- ‘Dree Festival’ is an agricultural festival celebrated by ‘Apatani Tribe’ of which state?
5.Aunachal PradeshAnswer – 5.Arunachal Pradesh
The Dree Festival of Arunachal Pradesh was celebrated on July 5, 2017, with the pre-celebration rituals starting from the evening of July 4, 2017. It is the biggest festival of the Apatanis and celebrated with zest marked by sacrificial offerings and prayers. The main and the biggest celebration of this festival happens at Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh.
- 5thMeeting of BRICS Education Ministers was held on July 5, 2017 in:
2.New Delhi, India
4.Durban, South Africa
5.Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAnswer – 3.Beijing, China
5th Meeting of BRICS Education Ministers was held on July 5, 2017 in Beijing, China. The Indian delegation was led by Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar. Beijing Declaration on Education was adopted in this meeting.
- Which country has started rolling out its Global Entry programme for Indian citizens which allows for expedited clearance of pre-approved, low-risk travellers?
5.UKAnswer – 4.US
Global Entry programme is an initiative of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). As per the initiative, once a traveller lands at one of the select airports, the programme members enter US through automatic kiosks, rather than queuing up to clear the immigration check by meeting an immigration officer.
- On July 5, 2017, Board of which international financial institution approved USD 329 million loan to build access roads to 4,000 villages in Gujarat?
1.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2.International Monetary Fund
4.New Development Bank
5.Asian Development BankAnswer – 1.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Under this project, district and farm-to-market roads will be constructed and upgraded for the villagers which shall provide approaches to educational institutions, schools and hospitals. The upgraded road access is expected to have a positive impact on women and girls by improving school attendance rates as the latter drop out due to lack of access to all weather roads.
- Which private sector bank has signed an MoU in London with Santander UK (a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Spanish Santander Group) to promote India-UK trade and business opportunities?
5.Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – 4.Yes Bank
The deal is aimed at Santander UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Spanish Santander Group, offering its clients in Britain, access to banking facilities and on-the- ground support through Yes Bank’s network across India. The MoU also covers access for Indian businesses looking to expand globally to access Santander’s support network in the UK.
- Which scheme has been launched by Karnataka State Government to identify and nurture innovative start-ups?
5.’Dreams 100’Answer – 4.’Elevate 100’
Karnataka Minister for IT and BT, Priyank Kharge has mentioned that aim of ‘Elevate 100’ scheme is to identify 100 most innovative start-ups in the state to elevate them to the next level of success.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Indonesia?
1.Pradeep Kumar Rawat
3.Kamal Nath Anand
5.Ritvik DusejaAnswer – 1.Pradeep Kumar Rawat
Pradeep Kumar Rawat is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1990 batch He is expected to take up this assignment shortly. He is presently a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- N Chandrasekaran has been appointed as Chairman of which Tata Group Company?
2.Tata Global Beverages
5.Tata MotorsAnswer – 2.Tata Global Beverages
Tata Global Beverages Ltd (TGBL) has appointed Tata Sons head N Chandrasekaran as Chairman with immediate effect. TGBL’s board has approved the appointment of N Chandrasekaran as an Additional Director and as Chairman of the Board of the Company. N Chandrasekaran has replaced Harish Bhat.
- Which company has announced that it has entered into a wide-ranging patent licensing and purchase deal with Xiaomi, the Chinese maker of smartphones?
5.SonyAnswer – 4.Nokia
The deal covers three main areas – Nokia and Xiaomi have inked a cross licensing deal covering cellular standard essential patents; Xiaomi has acquired unspecified patents from Nokia; and Nokia will provide network equipment to Xiaomi and will collaborate on building IP transport solutions.
- The world’s most detailed scan of the brain’s internal wiring has been produced by scientists at:
1.University of Oxford, UK
2.Stanford University, US
3.University of California, US
4.Cardiff University, UK
5.Ohio State University, USAnswer – 4.Cardiff University, UK
The scan conducted on volunteers at Cardiff University, UK, showed fibres in white matter called axons. These are the brain’s wiring, which carry billions of electrical signals. Scan not only showed the direction of the messaging, but also the density of the brain’s wiring.
- On July 5, 2017, Union Minister of State (IC)for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines, Piyush Goyal launched the ‘MERIT’ app and the e-bidding portal for providing e-Bidding solution to States to select Independent Power Producers (IPPs) for procurement of power. Abbreviation MERIT stands for:
1.Merit Order Diversion of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency
2.Merit Order Deviation of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency
3.Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency
4.Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Regeneration of Income and Transparency
5.Merit Order Diversion of Electricity for Regeneration of Income and TransparencyAnswer – 3.Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and TransparencyExplanation :
The app and the web portal would result in optimum utilization of Coal which would save the consumer close to Rs. 20,000 crores five years down the line. Empowerment of the consumer and participative governance, optimization of the power procurement costs and economy and efficiency in operations are some of the advantages of MERIT App.
- John Blackwell Jr., who passed away on July 4, 2017, was a:
2.Hollywood Film Director
5.American DiplomatAnswer – 1.American Drummer
Drummer John Blackwell Jr., who performed in Prince’s band New Power Generation for over a decade, has died at age 43. Blackwell was diagnosed with two brain tumors during a 2016 trip to Japan.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.