AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 31 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 31, 2017, Central Government launched ‘Swachh Survekshan-2018’ to rank cities and towns of India based on infrastructure development for improved sanitation services and their sustainability, outcomes, citizen connect and visible impact on ground. How many cities and towns will be covered under this survey?
Answer – 3.4041
On July 31, 2017, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs, Narendra Singh Tomar launched the survey, the third in the series and released a comprehensive Survey Tool Kit, explaining the methodology, weightage and new features and thrust areas that helps cities and towns prepare for the field survey over the next six months.
- To inspire the people to participate in the Swachhata Jan Andolan and connect themselves with the ‘Swachhata Survekshan-2018’, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs released a song with opening line:
1.‘Swachhata Ki Jyot Jagi Hai’
2.‘Swachhata Ki Leher Chali Hai’
3.‘Swachhata Ki Goonj Jagi Hai’
4.‘Swachhata Ki Umeed Jagi Hai’
5.‘Swachhata Ki Jwala Jagi Hai’
Answer – 1.‘Swachhata Ki Jyot Jagi Hai’
This song to be used as the anthem for the survey has been released by Babul Supriyo, Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. The song conceived by Supriyo has been scripted by renowned lyricist Prasoon Joshi and visualized free for the ministry by Producer Mukesh Bhatt. Shankar Mahadevan has provided the music.
- On July 29, 2017, “Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-2” to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population was launched by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Minority Affairs & Parliamentary Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in:
Answer – 4.Mumbai
The main objective of the “Jiyo Parsi” scheme is to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population by adopting a scientific protocol and structured interventions, stabilize their population and increase the population of Parsis in India. This scheme has two components: Medical Assistance and Advocacy/Counselling. The scheme has been successful. 101 babies have been born in Parsi community through “Jiyo Parsi” scheme.
- A two day Conclave of Tax Officers entitled ‘Rajaswa Gyansangam’ will be held on 1st and 2nd September, 2017 in:
Answer – 5.New Delhi
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi will inaugurate this Conclave on the 1st day of September, 2017. The focus of the discussion will be on GST as well as on unearthing black money. For the first time, on the 1st day of the two day Conclave, the Tax Officers of the State Governments will also be invited for discussion on the GST related issues.
- The Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga in its 4th meeting has approved seven projects worth Rs ______ crore in the sector of sewage infrastructure, Ghat development and research.
1.Rs 425 crore
2.Rs 525 crore
3.Rs 625 crore
4.Rs 725 crore
5.Rs 825 crore
Answer – 1.Rs 425 crore
In sewage sector three projects each in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar have been approved. For Uttar Pradesh, interception and diversion projects for Unnao, Shuklaganj and Ramnagar have been approved
- A nearly 500m (1,640ft) bridge for hikers billed as the longest hanging pedestrian bridge in the world has opened near which town of Switzerland?
The 494m bridge, named the Europabrücke (Europe Bridge), hangs up to 85m above the Grabengufer ravine. The Zermatt Tourist Board says it is the world’s longest, although a 405m bridge in Reutte in Austria hangs 110m higher above the ground.
- According to Japanese financial services major Nomura, India’s GDP grow this to be higher at _____% in the June quarter from the previous three months this year.
Answer – 3.6.6%
According to Japanese financial services major Nomura, the pick-up in growth which was visible toward end-of March quarter had lost some momentum towards end of the June quarter due to destocking and uncertainty ahead of the Goods and Services tax (GST).
- On July 31, 2017, which bank slashed interest on savings account deposits by 50 basis points to 3.5 per cent on balance up to Rs 1 crore?
1.State Bank of India
3.Punjab National Bank
5.Indian Overseas Bank
Answer – 1.State Bank of India
State Bank of India has introduced two-tier saving bank interest rate with effect from July 31. While balance above Rs 1 crore will continue to earn interest at 4 per cent per annum, interest at 3.5 per cent will be offered on balance of Rs 1 crore and below.
- Minister for Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh has said that first time India has become a net export country in Steel, as steel imports in the country went down by 39 % and exports has gone up by _____ % last year.
Answer – 2.102%
Mr. Singh said the consumption of steel per capita in India is at present 64 kg as against the world per capita consumption of 208 kg which has to be increased to 160 per kg. The Union Minister said the investment of Rs 4 lakh crore in the infrastructure development will help increase in the production of steel in the country.
- Amazon Prime Video has signed a worldwide exclusive content deal with which Bollywood star, that will allow Amazon Prime Video to premiere all his future films exclusively right after the theatrical release?
4.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – 3.Salman Khan
The deal gives Amazon a two months exclusive window where the films cannot be aired on satellite, television channel or any other form of distribution. Apart from Salman Khan’s new releases, existing titles like Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Kick and Jai Ho will also be available on Amazon Prime Video as part of the deal.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into how many Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (UAPAs) with Indian taxpayers in the month of July, 2017?
Answer – 4.Nine
The agreements endeavours to provide certainty to taxpayers in the domain of transfer pricing by specifying the methods of pricing and determining the Arm’s Length Price of international transactions in advance for a maximum period of five future years. The nine agreements signed in the month of July, 2017 pertain to diverse sectors of the economy.
- Who among the following is the first person to receive the Medal of Honor from President Donald Trump?
Answer – 1.James McCloughan
An Army medic from Michigan who risked his life multiple times to rescue Vietnam War comrades is the first person to receive the Medal of Honor from President Donald Trump.
- Scientists from which institute have who have developed a hydrophobic sorbent that can suck up oil and congeal it and thereby can effectively contain maritime oil spills?
1.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
2.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
3.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Chennai
4.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Hyderabad
5.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Jaipur
Answer – 2.Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
More efficient and quick absorption of crude oil from the sea following marine spill has now become possible thanks to scientists from the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER) in Thiruvananthapuram who have developed a hydrophobic sorbent that can suck up oil and congeal it.
- Scientists have developed a super strong, flexible adhesive material inspired by the glue secreted by ______ that sticks to biological tissues – even when wet – without causing toxicity?
Answer – 3.Slugs
Slugs secrete a special kind of mucus when threatened that glue it in place, making it difficult for a predator to pry it off its surface. This glue was previously determined to be composed of a tough matrix peppered with positively charged proteins, which inspired Jianyu Li, an assistant professor at McGill University in Canada and colleagues to create a double-layered hydrogel consisting of an alginate-polyacrylamide matrix supporting an adhesive layer that has positively-charged polymers protruding from its surface.
- Which typhoon affected China’s eastern Fujian Province on July 30, 2017?
Answer –4.Typhoon Haitang
Over 2 lakh people were evacuated after Typhoon Haitang struck China’s eastern Fujian Province with incessant rain battering different parts of the region. Typhoon Haitang, the 10th typhoon this year, made landfall on July 30, 2017 in Pingtung on the island of Taiwan.
- Who among the following has won men’s singles at Lagos International challenge in Nigeria?
3.H S Prannoy
Answer – 1.Rahul Yadav
Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav and men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy have clinched the men’s singles and men’s doubles title respectively at Lagos International challenge in Nigeria.
- India won how many medals at the Jordan Junior and Cadet Open table tennis tournament?
Answer – 2.24
India’s medal tally includes 7 Gold, 7 Silver and 10 Bronze medals. In the event, India was the second best finishers. The event was held in Amman the capital of Jordan.
- Who among the following Formula 1 driver has won Hungarian Grand Prix?
Answer – 2.Sebastian Vettel
Sebastian Vettel has won Hungarian Grand Prix. He took the checkered flag 0.9 seconds ahead of Raikkonen on July 30, 2017. This is his fourth win of the season and 46th of his Formula One career. The last Ferrari driver to win from pole position in Hungary was Vettel’s compatriot Michael Schumacher, who was dominant in 2004 and went on to win his seventh
- On July 30, 2017, which tennis player won his fourth ATP Atlanta title by defeating Ryan Harrison?
Answer – 4.John Isner
John Isner (from USA) won his fourth ATP Atlanta title on July 30, 2017. He defeated Ryan Harrison by 7-6 (8/6), 7-6 (9/7). Isner, who has reached the final in seven of eight editions of the tournament, added a fourth title to those he won in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.