AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 30 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 30 2017
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has released Operational Guidelines for Planning and Implementation of FPC that is aimed at improving newborn health. Abbreviation FPC stands for:
1.Family Protection Care
2.Family Participatory Care
3.Family Participatory Counselling
4.Family Protection Counselling
5.Family Parental CareAnswer – 2.Family Participatory Care
The FPC guidelines will serve as a guiding document for those intending to introduce FPC in their facility as an integral part of facility based newborn care. It also provides details of infrastructure, training, role of health care providers and steps in the operationalization of FPC in the newborn care unit.
- Under which scheme, Punjab state government will provide commercial two wheelers and four wheelers to unemployed youth at subsidised rates?
1.’Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’
2.’Apni Savari Apna Rozgar’
3.’Apni Scooter Apna Rozgar’
4.’Apni Truck Apna Rozgar’
5.’Apni Transport Apna Rozgar’Answer – 1.’Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’
The Punjab government has announced the launch of its flagship ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’ scheme by flagging off over 100 uber MOTO bikes. Under the scheme the state government will be providing commercial two wheelers and four wheelers to unemployed youth at subsidised rates.
- 7th edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Artists Camp and Exhibition of Paintings begun on July 29, 2017, in:
2.New Delhi, India
3.Colombo, Sri Lanka
5.Kathmandu, NepalAnswer – 5.Kathmandu, Nepal
Around 40 artists from SAARC member countries except Afghanistan are taking part in the 4 day camp. Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, Jitendra Narayan Dev inaugurated the event.
- On the Digital Evolution Index 2017, which features countries having high potential in terms of digital payments, India has been categorised under which segment?
2.’multi bagger’ segment
3.’high value’ segment
4.’break out’ segment
5.’trending’ segmentAnswer – 4.’break out’ segment
On the Digital Evolution Index 2017, India has been categorised under the “break out” segment which refers to countries that have relatively lower absolute levels of digital advancement, yet remain poised for growth and are attractive to investors by virtue of their potential.
- Canara Bank has launched its first ‘Digital Banking Branch’ titled ‘CANDI’ in:
5.ChennaiAnswer – 1.Bengaluru
CANDI’ will provide an end-to-end digital experience to customers. The most attractive feature of the Digital Branch is a humanoid robot that addresses basic queries of customers on banking products and services. This is a first-of-its kind initiative by a public sector bank in the country.
- ______________, a Japanese Historian, who helped Cambodians preserve the Angkor temples, is among the six winners of Ramon Magsaysay Award 2017.
5.Fumio TakaichiAnswer – 2.Yoshiaki Ishizawa
Japanese historian Yoshiaki Ishizawa has been awarded for devoting 50 years of his life to help preserve Cambodia’s Angkor Wat, a 162-hectare (400-acre) temple, from the ravages of time and conflict.
- Who among the following is among the six winners of Ramon Magsaysay Award 2017?
4.Ms. Lilia de Lima
5.All of theseAnswer – 5.All of the above
The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award named after former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay. It is regarded as Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize and was first awarded in the year 1958.
- Who among the following has been appointed as a part-time member on the board of IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India).
5.Sanjeev SenAnswer – 4.Ravi Mittal
Mittal has replaced N S Rao at IRDAI, who is a joint secretary level officer. Former finance secretary Sushma Nath is another part-time member on the IRDAI board. Besides, Maruthi Prasad Tangirala, a 1990-batch IP&TAFS (Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service) officer, has been appointed as an executive director (ED) at IRDAI.
- Breakthrough Starshot, a Russian billionaire Yuri Milner’s $100-million effort to explore the closest star system to our own, has launched the smallest-ever spacecrafts known as __________ into orbit around Earth.
5.“Bling”Answer – 1.“Sprites”
“Sprites” are miniature satellites that are just 3.5cm x 3.5cm in size and carry radios, sensors and computers, with each device powered by sunlight and weighing just four grams. Scientists say this latest development is an important precursor to an ambitious attempt to send space probes to planets beyond our solar system.
- Which country has successfully produced natural gas from methane hydrate, also known as “flammable ice”, in an experimental project?
5.GermanyAnswer – 2.China
This experimental project was conducted by China in the South China Sea. Flammable ice consists of methane trapped within water crystals, and has been identified as a potential new gas source for China, with the South China Sea thought to contain some of the world’s most promising deposits.
- Who among the following American Swimmer has become the first swimmer to win three gold medals on a single night at either the FINA World Swimming Championship or the Olympics?
5.Victor CooperAnswer – 3.Caeleb Dressel
The 20-year-old American Swimmer Caeleb Dressel has become the first swimmer to win three gold medals on a single night at either the FINA World Swimming Championship or the Olympics. Caeleb Dressel accomplished this feat on July 29, 2017 at 2017 FINA World Aquatics Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
- Which two swimmers have set a world record at 2017 World Aquatic Championship?
1.Nicolas Ribakov and Kylie Masse
2.Adam Peaty and Jenny Breeze
3.Nicolas Ribakov and Jenny Breeze
4.Adam Peaty and Kylie Masse
5.John Duff and Carolina LewinskyAnswer – 4.Adam Peaty and Kylie Masse
On July 25, 2017, Britain’s Adam Peaty broke the 50m breaststroke world record for the second time in a day as he reached the World Aquatics Championships final in Budapest, Hungary. On the same day, Kylie Masse of Canada won women’s 100m backstroke gold in a new world-record time.
- Who among the following Indian boxers have won Gold medal at 48th Grand Prix Usti Nad Labem?
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
At the 48th Grand Prix Usti Nad Labem, Shiva Thapa (60kg), former Commonwealth Games gold-medallist Manoj Kumar (69kg), Amit Phangal (52kg), Gaurav Bidhuri (56kg) and Satish Kumar (+91kg) claimed gold medals after winning their respective summit clashes.
- On July 29, 2017, who among the following launched the book “Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Radio”?
1.Governor of Gujarat Om Prakash Kohli and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani
2.Governor of Maharashtra Vidyasagar Rao and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
3.Governor of Rajasthan Kalyan Singh and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
4.Governor of Madhya Pradesh Om Prakash Kohli and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
5.Governor of Goa Mridula Sinha and Goa Chief Minister Manohar ParrikarAnswer – 2.Governor of Maharashtra Ch Vidyasagar Rao and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
The Governor of Maharashtra Vidyasagar Rao and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the book “Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Radio” at the Raj Bhavan in Mumbai on July 29, 2017. The book includes transcripts of the first 23 episodes of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s monthly address on radio ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
- What was the theme of ‘World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2017’ observed on July 30, 2017?
1.“Let’s act now to protect and assist trafficking victims.”
2.”Raise your voice against trafficking in persons”
3.”United Stand against trafficking in persons”
4.”Advcating tougher laws against trafficking in persons”
5.”Creating supportive atmosphere for trafficking victims”Answer – 1.“Let’s act now to protect and assist trafficking victims.”
Human trafficking is a crime that exploits women, children and men for numerous purposes including forced labour and sex. In 2013, United Nations member countries designated July 30 as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons. This resolution declared that such a day was necessary to raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification