AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 3 2018
- Ministry of Defence has approved the sanction for construction of 17 new baffle firing ranges in Military Stations/Cantonments/Training Establishments at an estimated cost of _____?
1.Rs. 238 crores
2.Rs. 212 crores
3.Rs. 180 crores
4.Rs. 433 crores
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 238 crores
With this 7 additional ranges are added to the Southern Command, 3 to the Eastern Command, 2 to the Northern Command, 1 to the South Western and 1 to the Central Command. The 1 range at Central Command is proposed for the Officers Training Academy, Gaya. These 17 ranges are constructed in addition to the 60 similar firing ranges existing in India. The proposed baffle shooting ranges will facilitate firing from 300 to 500 meters. Baffle firing ranges are covered shooting practice areas that prevent possible accidents due to stray bullet injuries.
- On 3rd July 2018, where was the “National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)” held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The workshop was organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The workshop acted as a platform to all stakeholders like training partners, policy makers and employers. ThaawarchandGehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment inaugurated the workshop. Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was the Guest of Honour. ThaawarchandGehlot said that the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act (RPwD), 2016 directs the Government to frame schemes to promote Skill Development of Persons with Disabilities to increase their scope of employability.
- On July 3, 2018, Ministry of Power held a conference of state power ministries at ______?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Shimla
Issues like 100 per cent Household Electrification (under Saubhagya) by December, 2018, UDAY performance assessment, shifting to prepaid system in three years and 24X7 Power for All – From 1st April 2019 will be discussed. They will also discuss : proposed draft amendments in the provision of Captive Generating Plant in Electricity Rules, 2005 and flexibility in utilization of Coal, promoting environment friendly measures such as- setting up of Charging Infrastructure for E-vehicle, review of progress on adoption of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) by the States and the UTs and establishment of standalone SDA for effective implementation of Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency Programmes.
- On July 3, 2018, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the “____ Curriculum” for students of nursery to Class 8 in government schools?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Happiness
The new subject was designed and prepared by a team of 40 Delhi government teachers, educators and volunteers over a period of six months. According to the curriculum, Students across schools can expect a ‘happiness’ period of 45 minutes. Each class will begin with a five-minute meditation. It would also include value education and mental exercises. It would be beneficial for 10 lakh students with the help of around 50,000 teachers.
- On July 2,2018, The first meeting of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) was held at Central Water Commission (CWC) office in Delhi. Name the Chairman of CWC?
1.S Masood Hussain
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.S Masood Hussain
The members of CWMA from Tamil Nadu demanded immediate release of water as Karnataka dams have sufficient storage. The Authority discussed the information on total residual storage in Banasura Sagar (Kerala); Hemavathi, Harangi, Kabini, and Krishnarajasagara (Karnataka); Lower Bhavani, Amaravathy and Mettur (Tamil Nadu), as on June 1. Discussions on : Format for maintaining data of inflow, outflow, withdrawal, storage, rainfall, cropped area and domestic and industrial requirement to be maintained by the CWRC, requirement of data regarding actual yield in the basin from June 1 to June 30. Data regarding withdrawals / release of water in the basin during the above period and bringing out indications of distress, if any, in the basin were also discussed.
- On July 2, 2018, it was announced that which state will have the first ‘Khadi Mall’ of India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Jharkhand
This was announced while addressing the ‘Karigar Panchayat’ organized by the Khadi Board at the Tana Bhagat Indoor Stadium . The mall will be built in the land of the Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) campus. It will be developed by Khadi Board. So far 1.13 lakh artisans have been registered to be trained to make goods as per the needs of the market.
- On July 1, 2018, The Chhattisgarh government set up a tribal museum in the state’s upcoming new capital ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Naya Raipur
The tribal museum will be built at the cost of Rs 27 crore in an area of around 22 acres in Naya Raipur . It will be named after Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh, a freedom fighter from the state who had made a tremendous contribution in the freedom struggle of 1857.
- On July 3, 2018, An MoU has been signed between the Madhya Pradesh government and National Health Agency for implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana under the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission in the state from August 15,2018. An annual Health Security Cover of ____ will be provided to each family under the scheme?
1.Rs 5 lakh
2.Rs 3 lakh
3.Rs 2 lakh
4.Rs 4 lakh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 5 lakh
An expenditure of over Rs. 16 hundred crore at the rate of Rs. Twelve hundred per family has been estimated. An amount of Rs. 600 crore in the form of Grant-in-Aid will be provided by central government, whereas around Rs. 400 crore will be shared by the state. A total of 84 lakh families of deprived section have been included in the Ayushman Bharat scheme on the basis of socio-economic caste census. An annual Health Security Cover of 5 lakh rupees will be provided to each family under the scheme.
- On July 3, 2018, the Centre announced a state-of-the-art e-waste recycling unit for which city. This will be India’s first such unit in the government sector?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bengaluru
It would be built by the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET), a research institute under the Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry. Bengaluru produces an estimated one lakh tonne of electronic waste a year. This would promote entrepreneurship opportunities for strategic utilisation of high performance plastics and metal waste.
- On July 3, 2018, the World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim announced The World Bank’s support to the Bangladesh government in managing the Rohingya crisis in a meeting with Finance Minister AMA Muhith at the Secretariat in Dhaka. World Bank lent Bangladesh an amount of over _____, which is the second largest among the countries in the world that they had financed?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.US$3 billion
The WB lent Bangladesh amount of over US$3 billion, which is the second largest among the countries in the world that they had financed. The officials of the WB will visit the refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar where the refugees are residing. More than 700,000 Rohingya refugees are residing in crowded and flood-prone Bangladeshi refugee camps.
- On July 3,2018, China approved _____ grant to Pakistan after it has been placed in Financial Action Task Force FATF’s ‘grey list’?
1.USD 1 billion
2.USD 1.5 billion
3.USD 3 billion
4.USD 5 billion
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.USD 1 billion
The idea behind putting Pakistan in the grey list is to tighten their economy and curb terror financing. Earlier Saudi Arabia and China had pulled out from any cooperation but this time around China is providing financial aid to the nation. The move comes after Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves dropped to $9.66 billion last week from $16.4 billion in May 2017. With this loan, China’s lending to Pakistan in this financial year ending in June is set to cross $5 billion.
- On 1st July 2018, where was the 5th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tokyo, Japan
Ministers from 16 countries: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand took part in the meeting. Japanese Prime Minister Abe, Singapore Minister and Chairman of ASEAN, Mr. Chan Chun Sing, and ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi led the formal opening. Discussions were held on the developments since the 4th RCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting on 3rd March 2018 in Singapore, outcomes of the 22nd round of negotiations held on 28 April – 8 May 2018 in Singapore, intersessional meetings of selected working groups and sub-working groups and the 4th RCEP Intersessional TNC and Related Meetings held on 25-29 June 2018 in Tokyo, Japan.
- On July 3, 2018, NABARD has announced that it has sanctioned ____ in the first quarter of the current fiscal under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for West Bengal?
1.Rs 456.55 crore
2.Rs 735.53 crore
3.Rs 980.56 crore
4.Rs 788.67 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 735.53 crore
The entire loan amount was provided to the state at a concessional rate. These include 6 solar power, 1 medium irrigation, 5 minor irrigation and 12 flood protection projects, 57 projects for the widening and strengthening of roads and 5 rural bridges. The grid connected solar power projects would generate 88.61 MU of green energy per annum. The work on the irrigation projects would benefit 11,554 hectares of land besides addressing the problems of water wastage in the upstream areas, seepage loss, deposition of silt and insufficient height of canal, which have been resulting in erratic and short supply of water in the command area.
- Which is India’s top investment bank for equity issuance by private sector companies as per report of Prime Database Investment Bankers League table for FY 2017-18?
2.ICICI Lombard General Insurance
4.Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.IIFL
During the financial year 2017-18, IIFL completed twenty seven investment banking transactions including eleven IPOs (Initial Public Offers) and eight follow-on transactions involving top listed companies. The list of IPOs includes ICICI Lombard General Insurance, HDFC Life, Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management, Future Supply Chain, Shalby Multi-Speciality Hospitals, Indian Energy Exchange, Security & Intelligence Services, Dixon Technologies and Capacite Infraprojects. IIFL has been among the top investment bankers in India over the past few years in terms of capital raise. It has helped in raising about Rs. 48,000 crores of capital in the year 2017-18.
- Allahabad Bank has increased its lending rates by how many basis points with effect from July 1 ,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.10
On June 30, 2018, State-owned Punjab National Bank and Allahabad Bank have raised the marginal cost of funds-based lending rate, the floor rate at which it lends to consumers, for select tenors by 0.05-0.10 per cent. This will be effective from July 1,2018.
- SoundLogic has named which Indian cricketer as a partner-evangelist?
1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Recently, SoundLogic appointed PointNine Lintas as its full-service agency. PointNine Lintas is working with the team at SoundLogic and Mahendra Singh Dhoni on the marketing roadmap for SoundLogic. Sagar Gwallani is the CEO of SoundLogic. Vikas Mehta is the CEO of PointNine Lintas.
- On 1st July 2018, Indian cricketer _____ and Australian Ricky Ponting have been inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame for their achievements in international cricket, at an event in Dublin, Ireland?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rahul Dravid
Retired England woman wicket keeper-batter Claire Taylor has also been inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’. Rahul Dravid has become the 5th player from India to be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’. Ricky Ponting is the 25th player from Australia to be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’. Former Indian skippers Bishan Singh Bedi, Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev were inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame in 2009. Anil Kumble was inducted in 2015.
- ____ has agreed to buy 85.39 % stake in Indian School Finance (ISFC) for Rs 212 crore?
4.Sun Life Insurance
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Manappuram Finance
ISFC lends to educational institutions like private schools, vocational colleges and institutes, coaching centres etc. to build infrastructure. Manappuram Finance has also signed a transfer restrictions agreement with Indian School Finance Company and some continuing shareholders of ISFC. Manappuram Finance said that the total cost of acquisition is Rs 212.20 crore. This acquisition is subject to approval of the Reserve Bank of India and other customary conditions precedent.
- On July 3, 2018, Fleet Space Technologies, an IoT (Internet of Things) startup, disclosed last week that its first 10-kg nano-satellite _____ would fly to space on a PSLV later this year?
4.Spot Light II
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Centauri I
Co-founder and CEO Flavia Tata Nardini said that it is developing a series of 10-kg nano-satellites about the size of a shoe box. PSLV was chosen because of : Lighter Payload, Low Cost connectivity. The PSLV’s three versions can lift satellites of 1,000-1,750 kg to distances of around 600 km in pole-to-pole orbits. This would enable low-cost connectivity for agriculture, logistics, mining and other industries.
- On 2nd July 2018, Indigenous fighter aircraft ____ of No 45 Squadron ‘The Flying Daggers’ formally started operations from the Air Force Station at Sulur near Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, under Group Captain S Dhankhar?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tejas
The Southern Air Command base at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has been given the responsibility to integrate Tejas in Air Force’s Concept of Operations. ir Officer Commanding-in-Chief (Southern Air Command) RKS Bhadauria formally participated in the inaugural ceremony. jas is the first advanced Fly-by-wire fighter aircraft designed, developed and manufactured in India by HAL. It features a satellite-aided Inertial Navigation System. he aircraft has a digital computer-based attack system and autopilot mode. It can fire Air to Air Missiles, carry bombs and Precision Guided ammunition.
- On 25th June 2018, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the first time approved the use of _____ , an oral solution made from marijuana, for the treatment of seizures related to 2 rare and severe forms of epilepsy?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Epidiolex
Epidiolex is a plant-derived oral solution of cannabidiol (CBD). Cannabidiol (CBD) is the main ingredient of marijuana that does not cause intoxication or a euphoric high. The drug will be used to cure 2 severe forms of epilepsy namely Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome. It was the first time the FDA approved a drug to treat Dravet syndrome. Dravet syndrome is a rare genetic condition that occurs during the first year of life characterized by frequent fever-related seizures. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome starts in childhood, usually between 3 to 5 years of age. It is characterised by multiple types of seizures.
- On July 3, 2018, Natco Pharma announced that they have launched fixed dose combination of Sofosbuvir-Daclatasvir tablets for the treatment of Hepatitis C under the brand name _____, in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Hepcinat Plus
The product is a generic fixed dose combination of Sofosbuvir 400 mg and Daclatasvir 60mg tablets. It is used for the treatment of patients with chronic Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. The company has launched the drug at a maximum retail price of Rs 17,500 for a bottle of 28 tablets.
- Scientists of Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia have identified the gene that strengthens the human immunity system. The gene has not yet been named. It is currently referred to as ____ or f106?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.C6
This gene plays a major role in regulating the body’s immune response to infection including cancer and diabetes. The gene has not yet been named. It is currently referred to as C6 or f106. It has existed for over 500 million years. It has been preserved and passed down from simple organisms to humans. This identification could lead to the development of new treatments for various diseases including cancer, diabetes and inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis.
- On 1st July 2018, which country won the Champions Trophy hockey 2018 in Breda, the Netherlands?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Australia
In the finals, India lost 1-3 to Australia in shootout in the finals of Champions Trophy hockey. Australia won their 15th gold medal at Champions Trophy. India won their second silver medal. In the 2016 edition also, India had lost to Australia and settled for silver medal.
- On 2nd July 2018, Admiral JG Nadkarni died at naval hospital in Mumbai. He was a former ____?
1.Chief of Naval Staff
2.Director General of Border Roads Organisation
3.Director Roads of Indian Coast Guard
4.Chief of Air Staff
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Chief of Naval Staff
JG Nadkarni was 86 years old. He was the Navy chief from December 1987 to November 1990. He was the 14th Chief of Naval Staff. He was the founding member of the Maritime History Society.
- On 3rd July 2018, Rajmata of the erstwhile ____ principality and former MP, Krishna Kumari, passed away following a heart attack in Jodhpur, Rajasthan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Marwar
Krishna Kumari was 92 years old. She was born in 1926. She was the princess of Dharangdhra in Gujrat. She married the then ruler of Marwar, Hanwant Singh, in 1943. After the death of Hanwant Singh in 1952, she took the responsibility of campaigning for the elections, managing the family and other responsibilities.
- On 29th June 2018, Liliane Montevecchi, died after fighting colon cancer, at her residence in Manhattan, United States. What was her profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Actress
Liliane Montevecchi was 85 years old. She was born in Paris in 1932. She started dancing at the age of 8. She entered Hollywood in the 1950s. In 2013, she was honored by the French Minister of Culture as an “Officer of Arts and Culture” to France and the world.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of Hockey India?Rajinder Singh
- Name the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of HAL (Hindustan Aeronautical Limited) headquartered in Bengaluru?T. Suvarna Raju
- Who is the President of Financial Action Task Force?Roger Wilkins
- Where is Ranthambore National Park located?Rajasthan
- Which is the First Small Finance Bank in India?Capital Local Area Bank
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification