AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 26 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 26, 2018, where was international conference on India-Vietnam economic ties held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
Vietnam and India has extensive economic ties in oil exploration, agriculture, manufacturing and defence. India will extend ties in services sector. Both nations have agreed on a trade target of USD 15 billion by 2020. As Vietnam is a member of ASEAN, it can help on the growth of India’s ties with other ASEAN countries.
- On July 26, 2018, _____ platform, a collaboration between the Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov was launched by NITI Aayog to create and encourage a structured ecosystem for innovation in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.#InnovateIndia
It is a citizen centric platform of the Government of India to access the innovation in the country. In this platform, registration of both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level will happen. The users can View, comment, share, and rate the innovations in the platform. It has a leaderboard which is calculated based on the votes on each innovation.
- On July 26, 2018, The National Green Tribunal formed a monitoring committee for Yamuna Rejuvenation Project. This decision was taken by a bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson _____?
2.A K Goel
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.A K Goel
B S Sajwan and former Delhi chief secretary Shailaja Chandra has been appointed as members of the committee. The committee has been asked to submit the report by December 31,2018. This decision was taken by a bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson A K Goel. State governments of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh has been asked to cooperate the committee on this issue.
- On July 26, 2018, the Meghalaya Cabinet approved the convergence of phase 4 of Meghalaya Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) with the centre’s Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Under this the health coverage has been increased to _____ from previous Rs.2.8 lakh per household excluding government employees?
1.Rs. 3.5 lakhs
2.Rs. 5 lakhs
3.Rs. 4 lakhs
4.Rs. 4.5 lakhs
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs. 5 lakhs
On July 26, 2018, The Meghalaya Cabinet approved the convergence of phase 4 of Meghalaya Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) with the centre’s Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Under this the health coverage has been increased to Rs. 5 lakh from previous Rs.2.8 lakh per household excluding government employees. It would also cover investigations of sickness as well as treatment. This would benefit a total of 8.8 lakh families in the state.
- On July 26, 2018, Chief Minister of which state inaugurated the Rs 300 crore Rukura Medium Irrigation Dam project in Sundargarh district?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Odisha
The Rukura project, built at a cost of Rs 296 crore, is constructed over the Rukura nullah in Bonai Sub-Division of Sundargarh district. It has a height of 26 metres, upper width of 6 metres, while the dam’s length is 1,133 metres and is built over 666 hectares. It has maximum flood discharging capacity is 1,442.50 cusecs. It has only one main canal, and its length is over 10.872km. In the rabi season, it will irrigate 2,185 hectares, while during the kharif season, the dam will irrigate 5,463 hectares.
- On July 25, 2018, where was the 18th International Children’s Film Festival inaugurated?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.West Bengal
It will screen 36 films from 17 countries. Screening of one children’s film in every cinema hall of the state every month to be done. The festival was being organised by Cine Central in collaboration with the UNICEF. Screening of films will begin from August 9 to September 30th. The inaugural film is Moana from the USA.
- Which state has become the leading State for renewable energy in India according to the report released by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Karnataka
Karnataka reached 12.3 gigawatts (GW) of total installed capacity in March 2018. 5 GW capacity addition was done in 2017-18. 27% of Karnataka’s power generation comes from renewable energy. Also, Pavagada industrial solar park that is developed in Karnataka, is said to be the second largest solar development currently under construction in the world. The report also cites certain threats to solar energy in Karnataka like lack of transmission network infrastructure and policies like repealing the zero wheeling charge order. IEEFA has presented a model for Karnataka’s electricity supply and demand till 2027-28.
- On 25th July 2018, the West Bengal government introduced which bill in the Assembly, for direct recruitment of personnel for various categories of posts and services in the establishment of urban local bodies?
1.West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Bill
2.West Bengal Urban Bodies Bill
3.West Bengal Civil Services Bill
4.West Bengal Government Bodies Bill
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Bill
The bill was introduced by West Bengal Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim. Implementation of this bill will enable the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission to conduct recruitment for all the 8 municipal corporations, 115 municipalities and 18 development authorities in West Bengal. The Commission will have a chairman and 3 other members. It will operate under the administrative control of West Bengal government in the urban development and municipal affairs department.
- ‘Project Gandiva’ for students aged between 10-16 years to offer them international level facilities and coaching with an aim to secure medals in Olympic Games in a period of 10 years, was launched in which state on 24th July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
The Amaravati International Sports Complex will be built on 8.9 acres of land. The headquarters of the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) will be moved to this complex. The Andhra Pradesh government has planned to develop Amaravati, Vizag and Tirupati as sports cities. Andhra Pradesh government will spend Rs 54 crore and the Centre will offer Rs 6 crore for this complex. Chandrababu Naidu also launched ‘Project Gandiva’. As per this project, government will choose students aged between 10-16 years and offer them international level facilities and coaching with an aim to secure medals in Olympic Games in a period of 10 years.
- From 1st August 2018, the “Gaj Yatra” exhibition will be conducted to raise awareness about conservation of elephants at the Mandi House metro station in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Delhi
Gaj Yatra will be conducted for 2 months. It is conducted as part of India Habitat Centre’s year-long multi-media festival on sustainable development named “Habitat Photosphere”.It is organised by Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and the International Fund for Animal Welfare. It is curated by Alka Pande, an art consultant and cultural theorist. It will feature illustrations on elephant, which is India’s national heritage animal.
- On July 26, 2018, for the first time a 16 member committee has been formed by IRDAI to examine motor third party insurance pricing and make recommendations on the premium rates for 2019-20. Name the Chairman of this committee?
2.H L Paramasivan
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.P.J. Joseph
IRDAI member – P.J. Joseph is the chairman of the committee. Other members include 2 senior officials of IRDAI , one each from Centre’s Department of Financial Services and Ministry of Road transport and Highways and 5 members from general insurance companies. It also includes other members from All India Motor Transport Corporation (AIMTC), Bus Operators Corporation of India, Federation of India Automobile Association, Consumer Voice, General Insurance Council, Insurance Information Bureau of India (IIBI).
- On July 26, 2018, Invest India and ____ have signed an MoU to promote investment and cooperation between startups of India and France?
4.France Trade Org
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Business France
Under the MOU, joint activities and exchange will take place in the French and Indian private sector. It would promote direct foreign investment by providing practical investment information to enterprises which would help in economic growth.
- On July 26, 2018, Fortune released its The Ledger ’40 Under 40′ list and how many persons of India-origin were named on it?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.4
Rank Person Position in company
4 Dhivya Suryadevara CFO of General Motors
14 Anjali Sud CEO of Vimeo
24 Baiju Bhatt Cofounder and Co-CEO of Robinhood
32 Anu Duggal founding partner of Female Founders Fund
- On 26th July 2018, name the two Indians who were named winners of 2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award?
1.David Harley, Novak Charles
2.Ravi Karthik, N Paramesh
3.Sailender Singh, Priya Sivaram
4.Bharat Vatwani, Sonam Wangchuk
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Bharat Vatwani, Sonam Wangchuk
Other winners of the award are:
• Youk Chhang from Cambodia
• Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz from East Timor
• Howard Dee from the Philippines
• Vo Thi Hoang Yen from Vietnam
- On 26th July 2018, the government gave the final approval for the merger of Vodafone and which mobile operator that will result in the creation of India’s largest mobile operator with 35% market share and nearly 430 million subscribers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Idea Cellular
This move has been made days after Idea Cellular and Vodafone India made a joint payment of Rs 7,268.78 crore ‘under protest’ to the Department of Telecom (DoT) for merging their mobile businesses. Now, the entities will approach the Registrar of Companies (RoC) for stipulated filings for approval to conclude the formalities. DoT gave conditional nod to the merger on 9th July 2018 and asked the two firms to meet the demand raised for taking the merger on record. The new telecom entity Vodafone Idea Limited will replace Bharti Airtel from its current number one position.
- On July 26, 2018, According to a report on US journal Science, a massive underground lake has been detected for the first time on which planet?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mars
This study was led by Italian researchers. The lake is about 20 kilometres wide, located under a layer of Martian ice and is the largest body of liquid water ever found on the Red Planet. It lies almost 1.5 km beneath the icy surface in a harsh and frigid environment and the water is not drinkable. The discovery was made using radar instruments on board the European Space Agency’s Mars Express orbiter, which launched in 2003.
- On 26th July 2018, Swapan Sarkar died due to diabetic complications. He was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.sports journalist
Swapan Sarkar was 67 years old. He was the Delhi sports correspondent of Ananda Bazaar Patrika (ABP). Earlier, he had worked for Amrita Bazar Patrika, Northern India Patrika and Gujarat Samachar.
- When was the 19th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrated throughout India to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1999 Kargil War?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.July 26
kargil Vijay Diwas honours the martyrs who sacrificed their lives for India in the 1999 Kargil War. On 26th July 1999, India won the Kargil War that was fought for more than 60 days. Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year for three days till 26th July. Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrations started on 24th July 2018 at the Drass War Memorial in Kargil town in Jammu and Kashmir.
- On 25th July 2018, which country announced that it will remove five zeroes from currency as hyperinflation increased to 1,000,000%?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Venezuela
Venezuela will remove five zeroes from the bolivar currency rather than the three zeroes originally planned, in an effort to keep up with inflation projected to reach 1 million per cent this year. The Opec nation’s economy has been steadily collapsing since the 2014 crash of oil prices left it unable to maintain its socialist economic system that for years provided lavish subsidies while enforcing strict price controls.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of India?General Bipin Rawat
- Where is Dhyan Chand National Stadium located?Delhi
- Who is the Chairman of Telecom Commission and Telecom Secretary?Aruna Sundararajan
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?Headquarters: Hyderabad; Chairman: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Who is the CEO of NITI Aayog?Amitabh Kant