AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 26 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- ‘Kargil Vijay Diwas’ is celebrated on which date in India?
5.28th JulyAnswer – 3.26th July
Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July, to commemorate India’s emphatic victory against Pakistan and to honor the war heroes. On the occasion, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley and three Chiefs of Services paid tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives in the Kargil War at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate.
- On July 26, 2017, Nitish Kumar resigned as Chief Minister of Bihar. Nitish Kumar is from which political party?
2.Janata Dal (United)
3.Rashtriya Janata Dal
4.Bharatiya Janata Party
5.Bhaujan Samaj PartyAnswer – 2.Janata Dal (United)
On July 26, 2017, Nitish Kumar resigned as Chief Minister of Bihar citing irreconcilable differences with Lalu Prasad Yadav-led coalition partner Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on the issue of corruption. Nitish Kumar submitted his resignation to Bihar Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi.
- What was the theme of 2017 BRICS Youth Forum that opened in Beijing, China on July 25, 2017?
1.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Development”
2.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Sustainable Development”
3.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Inclusive Growth”
4.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Employment”
5.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Interaction”Answer – 1.”Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Development”
2017 BRICS Youth Forum opened in Beijing, China on July 25, 2017, to discuss youth development in the BRICS member-nations viz. Brazil Russia, India, China and South Africa. The three-day forum gathered 50 youth representatives working as civil servants, scholars, entrepreneurs, artists and journalists from BRICS countries.
- As per `Global Infrastructure Outlook’ released by Global Infrastructure Hub (GIH), India will need investments to the tune of around USD ______ trillion till 2040 to develop infrastructure to improve economic growth and community wellbeing.
5.5.5 trillionAnswer – 4.4.5 trillion
As per the report, rising income levels and economic prosperity is likely to drive significant demand for infrastructure investment in India over the next 25 years. Taking sustainable development goals (SDGs) into account, it is predicted that India will need additional USD 888 billion by 2030 to provide universal household access to electricity and water.
- On July 26, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017, which seeks to amend:
1.Collection of Statistics Act, 2002
2.Collection of Statistics Act, 2004
3.Collection of Statistics Act, 2006
4.Collection of Statistics Act, 2008
5.Collection of Statistics Act, 2010Answer – 4.Collection of Statistics Act, 2008
On July 26, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017, which seeks to amend the Collection of Statistics Act, 2008. The amendment bill was introduced by the Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Mr. D.V.Sadananda Gowda in Lok Sabha in March 2017 and was passed in April 2017.
- Which among the following will become India’s first metro to have its own FM radio station, which will provide entertainment and information on metro safety?
5.Chennai MetroAnswer – 1.Lucknow Metro
Lucknow Metro will also offer travellers with ‘Go Smart’ cards drinking water, toilet facilities and WiFi free of charge. An official of Lucknow Metro said, “Other metro stations earn revenue from these facilities but we will give these services to public free.”
- Which High Court has made singing of Vande Mataram compulsory in schools, government offices, private entities and industries in the state?
1.Mumbai High Court
2.Madras High Court
3.Manipur High Court
4.Meghalaya High Court
5.Gujarat High CourtAnswer – 2.Madras High Court
Justice M V Muralidharan said that private and government schools in Tamil Nadu should ensure that their students sing the national song at least twice in a week, preferably on Monday and Friday. He also said that the song can also be played in other government and private establishments at least once in a month.
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has formed a selection committee to identify and recommend eligible persons for appointment as the chairman and members of the National Anti-profiteering Authority. Who among the following is the head of this selection committee?
3.Pradeep Kumar Sinha
4.Y K Tyagi
5.Piyusg GoyalAnswer – 3.Pradeep Kumar Sinha
The National Anti-profiteering Authority shall be responsible for applying anti-profiteering measures in the event of a reduction in rate of GST on supply of goods or services or, if the benefit of input tax credit is not passed on to the recipients by way of commensurate reduction in prices.
- Which African country has given sole power to its President for appointing country’s top three judges?
5.ZimbabweAnswer – 5.Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe’s president Robert Mugabe has been given sole power to appoint the country’s top three judges by parliament. These changes were made by the ruling ZANU-PF party which used its two-thirds majority in parliament to ram through a bill to change the law.
- Mervyn Rose, who passed away on July 23, 2017, was associated with which sport?
5.CricketAnswer – 2.Tennis
Mervyn Rose, who won two grand slam titles and a pair of Davis Cups for Australia before coaching some of the greats of the game, has died at 87. Rose won the 1954 Australian Open and the 1958 French Open along with five grand slam doubles crowns.
- On July 26, 2017, which company launched its first “Made for India” chat messaging application called Kaizala?
5.IBMAnswer – 4.Microsoft
Extending its productivity solutions to the mobile space, Microsoft launched its first “Made for India” chat messaging application called Kaizala on July 26, 2017. The application is designed for large group communication and can enable messages to be sent to millions of people on a group simultaneously.
- On July 25, 2017, who among the followinglaunched Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority (UP RERA) website, http://www.up-rera.in/?
1.President Ram Nath Kovind
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
5.Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi AdityanathAnswer – 5.Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath
UP RERA portal will be open for all. It has been developed to ensure that people do not have to take rounds of offices to verify builder details. Home buyers can get complete information about builders right from registration number of builders to his/her antecedents
- Kubersingh Saklecha, who passed away on July 25, 2017, was:
1.Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
5.Bollywood ActorAnswer – 4.Freedom Fighter
Born in 1923 in Raisen district’s Bareli tehsil, Saklecha took part in the country’s independence movement and also went to jail. He also worked for the uplift of the society.
- K.E. Mammen, who passed away on July 25, 2017, was:
1.Former Chief Minister of Kerala
2.Former Chief Justice of India
5.PhysicistAnswer – 4.Freedom Fighter
Noted Gandhian and Freedom fighter K.E. Mammen, who had participated in the Quit India Movement, passed away on July 25, 2017 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He was 96. In recent years, Mr. Mammen had been active in anti-liquor struggles in Kerala.
- Which among the following entity celebrated its 78th anniversary on July 27, 2017?
1.Indian Coast Guard
2.Central Reserve Police Force
3.Central Industrial Security Force
4.Border Security Force
5.Assam RiflesAnswer – 2.Central Reserve Police Force
Director General, CRPF, Rajeev Rai Bhatnagar commemorated and paid homage to the martyrs who made the supreme sacrifice by laying their lives in the cause of national security. Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Bhatnagar said, the core motive of CRPF is to ensure internal security to the nation.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.