Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Vijay Diwas is being observed on 26th July to mark the celebration of which victory in 1999?
C.Part of Punjab
D.Part of West Bengal
Answer – A.Kargil
Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed to mark the celebration of Kargil victory on 26 July every year in honour of the Kargil War’s Heroes in the Kargil – Dras sector in New Delhi.
- Who has been ranked first in MRF Tyres ICC Rankings in the category of Test matches Bowler?
Answer – D.Ravichandran Ashwin
India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has moved to the top spot of the MRF Tyres ICC Rankings for Test Bowlers. The Chennai hailed spinner has replaced Pakistan leg-spinner Yasir Shah.
- Which of the following players has been banned from playing in Rio Olympics due to fail a dope test showed as positive in Sample A Test?
C.Both A and B
Answer – C.Both A and B
Shot putter Inderjit Singh, the second Rio Olympics-bound athlete to fail a dope test after wrestler Narsingh Yadav.
- The Solar powered plane Solar Impulse 2 has completed the first round world trip and arrived at which airport it had started its journey 505 days ago?
Answer – A.Abu Dhabi
Solar Impulse 2, the first plane powered by renewable energy has completed the first round world trip. The solar-powered plane finally arrived at Al-Bateen Executive Airport located in Abu Dhabi, where it had started its journey 505 days ago.
- Which of the following statements is not true about Zika Virus?
A.Member of the virus family Flaviviridae and the genus Flavivirus
B.Spread by daytime-active Aedes mosquitoes
C.Name comes from the Zika Forest of Brazil
D.Virus was isolated in 1947
Answer – C.Name comes from the Zika Forest of Brazil
Zika virus is a member of the virus family Flaviviridae and the genus Flavivirus. It is spread by daytime-active Aedes mosquitoes, such as A. aegypti and A. albopictus. Its name comes from the Zika Forest of Uganda, where the virus was first isolated in 1947.
- Which company acquired Jabong online fashion and lifestyle market from Global Fashion Group for $70 million?
Answer – A.Myntra
Myntra, a Flipkart Group company, acquired Jabong from Global Fashion Group (GFG) for $70 million.
- Who has been appointed as the General Manager of Easter Railway located in Kolkata?
Answer – C.Ghanshyam Singh
Ghanshyam Singh a 1979 batch officer of Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE), has taken over as the General Manager, Eastern Railway, Kolkata.
- Who has been appointed as Director General of the National Museum of India by the Union Government?
A.Dr. Maharaja Sundar Raja
B.Dr. Buddha Rashmi Mani
C.Dr. Narendra Reshmi Raja
D.Dr. Sundara Vadivelu Mani
Answer – B.Dr. Buddha Rashmi Mani
Dr Buddha Rashmi Mani, former Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) official was appointed Director General of the National Museum by the government
- What is the name of the Elephant from Kerala aged 86 years is all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the Oldest living Elephant?
Answer – C.Dakshayani
Dakshayani, 86 years old female Elephant from Kerala is all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
- Which Mobile wallet service has announced its partnership with Punjab State power Corporation Limited to offer easy to use digital option to pay electricity bills instantly?
D.None of these
Answer – B.Vodafone
Vodafone M-Pesa, a digital wallet service from Vodafone that offers Money Transfer, Bill and Utility Pay, has announced its partnership with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) to offer easy-to-use digital option to pay electricity bills instantly.
- Which bank ATMs are launched with a new payment system allow the account holders to transfer money using mobile phone number as a key identifier?
A.Bank of Baroda
C.State Bank of India
Answer – C.State Bank of India
State Bank ATMs are launched with a new payment system, which will allow the account holders to transfer money using mobile phone number as a key identifier and this system is based on the instant money transfer (IMT) platform.
- Which country to hold the world’s largest yazidi temple and to set the world largest temple is to be completed by 2017?
Answer – C.Armenia
A Yazidi temple is under construction in Armenian village, is set to bet the world largest Yazidi Temple is expected to be completed next year. World’s largest Yazidi temple
- Union Government lower house amended a bill providing for opening how many new Indian Institute of Technology under the institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill 2016?
Answer – B.Six
Lok Sabha amended a bill providing for opening six new IITs, Under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill 2016 on July 26. This bill enables the setting up of Indian Institute of Technology in Palakkad, Goa, Dharward, Bhilai,Jammu and Tirupati.
- Which Government has set up a dedicated Start-up Cell to fuel the implementation of the initiatives under the Start up policy?
Answer – D.Karnataka
The Karnataka government has set up a dedicated Start-up Cell to fuel the implementation of the initiatives under the Start up policy.
- Union Agriculture Ministry joined with which country agency for International Development (USAID) jointly inaugurated the second phase of the Feed the Future -India triangular training programme?
Answer – A.United States
Indian Agriculture Ministry and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) jointly inaugurated the second phase of the Feed the Future -India triangular training programme in New Delhi.
- Who has headed the Seventh Pay Commission and recommended the pay fixation and revision to Government Employees?
Answer – B.Ashok Mathur
The Union government issued notification for the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission recommendations related
to the hike a month after the union cabinet gave its nod for the same. The Pay Commission headed by Ashok Kumar Mathur recommended changes of 1 crore individuals
- India has contributed how much capital to a trust fund set up for victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers?
Answer – A.$100,000
India has contributed US $100,000 (RS 67,14,945) to a trust fund set up for victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers and by doing so, India is the first country to make a contribution to the fund.