AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 25 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 24, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed FDDI Bill, 2017. Abbreviation FDDI stands for:
1.Fabric Design and Development Institute
2.Footwear Design and Development Institute
3.Future Design and Development Institute
4.Fiscal Deployment and Development Institute
5.Financial Deployment and Development Institute
Answer – 2.Footwear Design and Development Institute
The Footwear Design and Development Institute Bill, 2017 provides for establishing and declaring the Footwear Design and Development Institute as an institute of national importance for promotion and development of quality and excellence in education in this area.
- On July 24, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims), 2017, which seeks to repeal:
1.Admiralty Court Act, 1861
2.Admiralty Court Act, 1851
3.Admiralty Court Act, 1841
4.Admiralty Court Act, 1831
5.Admiralty Court Act, 1821
Answer – 1.Admiralty Court Act, 1861
The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims), 2017 seeks to upgrade the law related to maritime claims, arrest and detention of ships and extends jurisdiction of trial to various courts across the country.
- On July 24, 2017, Government introduced in the Lok Sabha, Central Road Fund (Amendment) Bill, 2017, which seeks to amend the Central Road Fund Act, 2000, to allocate ____ % of the proceeds of Central Road Fund for development and maintenance of National Waterways.
Answer – 4.2.5%
Central Road Fund (Amendment) Bill, 2017 was moved by Minister of State for Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan in absence of Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari. The bill seeks to amend the Central Road Fund Act, 2000, to allocate 2.5 per cent of the proceeds of CRF for development and maintenance of NWs and a reduction in the share provided for development of National Highways.
- On July 24, 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the first meeting of the newly constituted Island Development Agency (IDA) in New Delhi. IDA was set up on:
1.July 1, 2017
2.June 1, 2017
3.May 1, 2017
4.April 1, 2017
5.March 1, 2017
Answer – 2.June 1, 2017
The Union Home Minister presented the vision for developing India’s maritime economy while preserving the natural eco-system and addressing the security concerns. The IDA was set up on June 01, 2017 following the Prime Minister’s review meeting for the development of islands.
- The Central Government has approved construction of 30,000 houses for the urban poor on private land in which district of Maharashtra?
Answer – 1.Solapur
The Centre has approved construction of 30,000 houses for the urban poor on private land in Maharashtra’s Solapur, the first such project to be taken up on private land under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
- President of which country has declared his government’s total independence from World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
Answer – 2.Bolivia
Some of Bolivia’s largest resistance struggles in the last 60 years have targeted the economic policies carried out by the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. Most of the protests focused on opposing privatization policies and austerity measures, including cuts to public services, privatization decrees, wage reductions, as well the weakening of labor rights.
- On July 25, 2017, NSE Nifty breached the historic 10,000 level for the first time to trade at an all-time high of 10,011.30. NSE Nifty was launched on:
1.April 1, 1992
2.April 1, 1993
3,April 1, 1994
4.April 1, 1995
5.April 1, 1996
Answer – 5.April 1, 1996
As per brokers and analysts, upbeat sentiment, sustained capital inflows and widespread buying by retail investors, driven by strong earnings by some NIFTY constituent companies have been the driving factors of the recent rally in Nifty.
- Which bank has recently launched a Multi-currency Forex Card for overseas travellers?
1.Standard Chartered Bank
4.State Bank of India
Answer – 1.Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered’s Multi-currency Forex Card will allow customers the convenience of loading up to 20 widely used currencies on one card with an online reload facility during overseas travel.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has said it is banning the use of stapler pins in tea bags with effect from:
1.September 1, 2017
2.October 1, 2017
3.November 1, 2017
4.December 1, 2017
5.January 1, 2018
Answer – 5.January 1, 2018
FSSAI has said, the use of stapler pins in tea bags poses potential hazard to consumers since any loose staple pin consumed inadvertently with tea may cause a serious health hazard.
- On July 24, 2017, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee conferred this year’s ‘Mahanayak Samman 2017’to which veteran actress for her contribution to the world of cinema?
Answer – 3.Shakuntala Barua
For this year, Prosenjit Chatterjee and Nusrat Jahan took home the Best Actor and Best Actress awards. The Best Director, Music Director, Cinematographer and Script Writer awards went to Arindam Sil, Pt Bickram Ghosh, Shoumik Halder and Padmanabha Dasgupta. Suparnokanti Karati for ‘Bisarjan’ film and Shiboprasad Mukhopadhyay of Windows Productions for ‘Praktan’ film were awarded in Best Film and Best Producer categories
- Who among the following has been appointed to the board of directors of Alphabet (Google’s Parent Company)?
Answer – 4.Sundar Pichai
A long-time Google employee, Mr. Pichai, an IIT Kharagpur alumnus born in Chennai, has been leading the company for the past two years. As Google’s Chief Executive Officer, he is responsible for Google’s product development and technology strategy, as well as the company’s day-to-day-operations.
- Which company has acquired corporate travel services provider Air Travel Bureau (ATB) in an estimated cash-and debt deal of $22.5-27.5 million?
5.Cox & Kings
Answer – 2.Yatra Online
The acquisition has been made through Yatra’s online subsidiary Yatra Online Pvt Ltd, and the company will pay about $8 million at the time of the first closing, expected to take place in mid-August, acquiring the majority of ATB shares in the process.
- Scientists have produced human antibodies in the laboratory for the first time. Antibodies are produced by the body’s ____ cells to fight off infections by bacteria, viruses, and other invasive pathogens.
Answer – 2.B Cells
Scientists have produced human antibodies in the laboratory for the first time using a technique that can lead to rapid development of new vaccines to treat a wide range of infectious diseases.
- On July 25, 2017, Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure) announced the launch of its first two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) named:
1.‘Smruti’ and ‘Shruti’
2.‘Shachi’ and ‘Smruti’
3.‘Shivam’ and ‘Shruti’
4.‘Shachi’ and ‘Shruti’
5.‘Shachi’ and ‘Shivam’
Answer – 3.‘Shachi’ and ‘Shruti’
The two NOPVs — ‘Shachi’ and ‘Shruti’ — are the first warships to be launched by a private sector shipyard in India. These NOPVs are patrol ships armed with a 76 mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) system along with two 30 mm AK-630 guns, which provide medium range and short range offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Who among the following recently broke into the top 10 of the ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings?
Answer – 4.Harmanpreet Kaur
Kaur’s swashbuckling 171 not out helped India defeat Australia by 36 runs in the semi-final of ICC World Cup and she followed that with a fighting 51 in the final against England. These performances helped her improve seven slots to sixth place in the latest ranking.
- Which Indian weight lifter has bagged a gold medal at the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Kathmandu, Nepal?
2.Konsam Ormila Devi
Answer – 2.Konsam Ormila Devi
Konsam, a weightlifter from Manipur lifted 56kg in snatch and 70kg in clean & jerk for a total effort of 126kg in the 44kg weight category to finish on the top of the podium.
- Which Asian country will host Boxing World Championship in 2021?
Answer – 2.India
The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has announced that India will host their first elite men’s World Championship in 2021. The announcement was made after a two-day executive committee meeting that was held in Moscow.
- Professor Yash Pal, who passed away on July 24, 2017, was a veteran:
5.Hindi Novel Writer
Answer – 3.Scientist
Veteran scientist, administrator and popular science communicator, Professor Yash Pal passed away on July 24, 2017 in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He was 90. Pal gained recognition because of his contribution in the study of cosmic rays. He had held the position of professor at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai.
- Who among the following released the fourth volume of ‘Selected Speeches of President Pranab Mukherjee’ on 24thof July 2017?
1.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
4.Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
5.External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
Answer – 1.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
The book titled- Selected Speeches of President Pranab Mukherjee was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in presence of President-elect Ramnath Kovind and other dignitaries. In his address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi termed the outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee as an extremely knowledgeable person having simple personality.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.