AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 24 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which city will host the tenth edition of Urban Mobility India conference beginning November 4, 2017?
5.KolkataAnswer – 2.Hyderabad
Urban Mobility India conference will be jointly organised by the Union Ministry of Urban Development and the Telangana Government. The theme of this year’s conference is “intelligent, inclusive and sustainable mobility”.
- UR Rao, who passed away on July 24, 2017, was a renowned:
5.PainterAnswer – 3.Space Scientist
Internationally-renowned space scientist UR Rao passed away on July 24, 2017 due to age-related health issues. He was 85. He served as the chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for about 10 years between 1984 to 1994.
- UNICEF ambassadorship of which Bollywood celebrity has been extended for another two years?
5.Konkana Sen SharmaAnswer – 1.Amitabh Bachchan
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s ambassadorship for UNICEF has been extended for another two years and will be working on eradicating measles and rubella infections for children. Amitabh, who is a tuberculosis and hepatitis B conqueror, has been associated with various health campaigns like polio, hepatitis B, tuberculosis and diabetes.
- Eighth edition of World Para Athletics Championships was held from 14th to 23rd July, 2017 in:
5.Berlin, GermanyAnswer – 3.London, UK
Eight edition of World Para Athletics Championships was organized by the World Para Athletics subcommittee of the International Paralympic Committee. Around 1,300 athletes from 100 countries participated in this championship, contesting at more than 200 medal events.
- Which country topped the Medal Table at World Para Athletics Championships 2017?
5.ChinaAnswer – 5.China
Chinese team won total 65 medals (30 –Gold, 17 – Silver and 18 – Bronze). India ranked at 34th position on medal table. Indian team won 5 medals (1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze) in this championship.
- Which Indian para-athlete won Gold medal at eighth edition of World Para Athletics Championships 2017?
1.Sundar Singh Gurjar
5.Amit SarohaAnswer – 1.Sundar Singh Gurjar
Indian Para-athlete Sundar Singh Gurjar became second Indian to win gold at the World Para Athletics Championships. Sundar Singh Gurjar won Gold in javelin throw at the Para-Athletics World Championships 2017 in London. Gurjar, whose left hand is amputated, recorded a personal best of 60.36 metres to win the gold medal.
- On July 24, 2017, The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017, was introduced in Lok Sabha by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The bill seeks to amend which of the following act?
1.Banking Regulation Act, 1949
2.Banking Regulation Act, 1951
3.Banking Regulation Act, 1961
4.Banking Regulation Act, 1965
5 Banking Regulation Act, 1991Answer – 1.Banking Regulation Act, 1949
This bill, popularly known as bad debt resolution or Non-performing assets (NPA) ordinance authorises Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to initiate insolvency resolution process on specific stressed assets. The bill also has a provision, which empowers RBI to issue other directions for resolution, appoint or approve for appointment, authorities or committees to advise the banking companies for stressed asset resolution.
- On July 23, 2017, Arun Jaitley inaugurated 315th Rest House of the Kendriya Sainik Board in:
5.SrinagarAnswer – 3.New Delhi
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated the Sainik Rest House in New Delhi on July 23, 2017. It is the 315th Rest House of the Kendriya Sainik Board, which is built at a cost of around 8 crore rupees.
- Kerala hosted a literary festival from July 24, 2017. The theme of this literary festival is:
5.‘Healthy Living’Answer – 1.‘Tolerance’
Kerala is hosting a literary festival with ‘tolerance’ as the core theme. Creative writers, journalists, theatre and film personalities will deliberate on tolerance at the fifth edition of South India Writers Ensemble (SIWE), which is being held at Chengannur, a sleepy town in coastal Alappuza district, from July 24, 2017.
- India has recently signed a pact with which neighbouring country to establish connection through waterways?
5.ChinaAnswer – 1.Bangladesh
Connection through waterways will facilitate movement of passengers and goods between India’s northeast and West Bengal through Bangladesh. The services are expected to start by the end of this year. Infrastructure for the services would be set up along the major rivers in Bangladesh.
- On July 24, 2017, Government withdrew from the Rajya Sabha a bill to amend the _______ which provides for registration of architects.
1.Architects Act, 1962
2.Architects Act, 1972
3.Architects Act, 1982
4.Architects Act, 1992
5.Architects Act, 2002Answer – 2.Architects Act, 1972
The bill has been withdrawn as the government seeks to redraft it with further amendments to the Act. The bill was first introduced in the Rajya Sabha by the previous government in 2010, which was later referred to the Standing Committee on Human Resources Development.
- The world’s first full-scale floating wind farm has started to take shape off coast of:
2.Cape Town, South Africa
5.Colombo, Sri LankaAnswer – 3.Scotland, UK
The revolutionary technology will allow wind power to be harvested in waters too deep for the current conventional bottom-standing turbines. Manufacturer Statoil says output from the turbines is expected to equal or surpass generation from current ones.
- On July 23, 2017, Iran and _____ signed an agreement to step up military cooperation and the fight against “terrorism and extremism”.
5.KuwaitAnswer – 4.Iraq
Iranian Defence Minister Hossein Dehghan and his Iraqi counterpart Erfan al-Hiyali signed a memorandum of understanding which also covered border security, logistics and training. Iran-Iraq ties have improved since Iran’s long-time enemy Saddam Hussein was toppled in 2003.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI), has signed a MoU with which state government for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in the state?
5.Arunachal PradeshAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
The scope of the MoU is to identify relevant factors influencing the development of civil aviation infrastructure in Uttarakhand, assessing commercial potential of various airports of the State, identifying technical considerations for airport operations in the State and evaluating site related technical and engineering parameters for development of projects.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given in-principle approval for sale of government’s 51.11 percent stake along with management control in HPCL to:
1.Indian Oil Corporation
5.Chennai PetroleumAnswer – 3.ONGC
While ONGC buying HPCL will help the government meet as much as 40 percent of its target for raising Rs 72,500 crore in the current fiscal through stake sales, more deals in the oil sector including one where refiner Indian Oil Corp (IOC) buys out explorer Oil India Ltd or Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) merges with gas utility GAIL may be in the offing.
- Which online portal has been launched by Women and Child Development (WCD) ministry to enable women employees of the central government to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace?
5.Fem-boxAnswer – 4.SHe-box
The decision to host an online platform for sexual harassment cases was taken by the WCD ministry last October after the minister received complaints from women employees in various ministries.
- Which mobile app has been launched by Union Ministry of Rural Development for or Performance Based Maintenance Contracting and Community Contracting for maintenance of rural roads?
5.’Road Suraksha’Answer – 1.’Aarambh’
This Mobile Phone App aims at use of GIS based mapping for making road inventories, condition surveys, and producing cost estimates and other relevant data for preparation and monitoring of annual road maintenance plans.
- US biologists have discovered three new species of _____ living in Nevada’s Great Basin in an expansive survey of the 190,000 square miles ancient lake bottom.
5.TortoisesAnswer – 3.Toads
The three new discovered toad species, the Dixie Valley toad, Railroad Valley toad and Hot Creek toad are not connected geographically. Since 1985, only three new frog species have been discovered and toad species are even more rare, with the last species discovered north of Mexico, the now extinct Wyoming toad, in 1968.
- Which country won ICC Women World Cup 2017 by defeating India in final match?
5.PakistanAnswer – 1.England
Final match of ICC Women World Cup 2017 was held at Lord’s Cricket Ground at London. England women cricket team won the finals defeating India by 9 runs. Anya Shrubsole of England won the player-of-the-match award for her six wickets.
- On July 24, 2017, who among the following won the US Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament?
4.H S Prannoy
5.Saketh MyneniAnswer – 4.H S Prannoy
Indian shuttler HS Prannoy clinched his third grand prix gold title by defeating country-mate Parupalli Kashyap in the final of the US Open Grand Prix Gold on July 24, 2017. Prannoy beat Kashyap by 21-15, 20-22, 21-12.
- Who among the following won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Youth Games after defeating Welsh boxer James Nathan Prober 4-1 in the final?
5.Amar ThapaAnswer – 1.Sachin Siwach
Siwach, who won gold last year, was the only one of the 103 boxers to have clinched a gold so far in the tournament, taking place in Bahamas. Earlier this month, he had claimed a silver medal at the Asian Youth Boxing Championship.
- Sudripta Roy, who passed away on July 23, 2017, was the former Chief Secretary of:
5.West BengalAnswer – 1.Himachal Pradesh
Roy, a 1978 batch IAS officer, held the post from 2012 to 2014. In his condolence message, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said Roy was an efficient bureaucrat and served the state in various important capacities.
- Government has formed 3-member ministerial panel headed by _____________to oversee and precipitate the sale of government stake in HPCL to ONGC.
4.Raj Nath Singh
5.Venkaiah NaiduAnswer – 1.Arun Jaitley
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will head a 3-member ministerial panel to oversee and precipitate the sale of government stake in oil refiner HPCL to explorer ONGC.Pradhan and Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari will be part of the ministerial panel.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.