AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 23 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 23 2018
- On July 23 2018, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the foundation for National Highways projects project worth over Rs 5485 Crores in Guna district of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Madhya Pradesh
Name of NH projects Cost of project 4 laning of Jhansi-Khajuraho section of NH 75 Rs 976.62 Crore 4 laning of Seoni-Nagpur section of NH7 Rs 730.8 Crore 4 laning of Hiran Nadi-Sindoor Nadi section of NH12 Rs 617.17 Crore 4 laning of Rewa-Sidhi section of NH75 with Churhat Byepass and Tunnel Rs 1004 Crore 2 laning of Biaora-Maksudangarh section of NH752 B Rs 254.17 Crore Phase I of 4 laning of Shivpuri-Guna section of NH 3 Rs 830.36 Crore 4 laning of Guna- Biaora section of NH 3 Rs 1012.9 Crore 4 laning of parts of Lakhnadaun – Chapara section of NH 7 Rs 58.6 Crore
- On 23rd July 2018, a Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between NITI Aayog and _____ to collaborate in Aspirational Districts Programme. As per this SoI, they will carry out developmental work in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lupin Foundation
On July 23 2018, Shri Yaduvendra Mathur, Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog and Shri Sita Ram Gupta, Executive Director, Lupin Foundation was signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) to collaborate and improve indicators in education, health & nutrition, financial inclusion and skill development, agriculture and water resources and basic infrastructure in Aspirational Districts(in the backward disticts) of India. As per this SoI ,it will work in three states – Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan to develop economic strength, technological viability and moral leadership across three districts Dholpur in Rajasthan, Nandurbar in Maharashtra and Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh as part of Phase I of the cooperation.
- On 22nd July 2018, Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha inaugurated Regional Rail Training Institute (RRTI) in _____?
1.Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh
2.Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh
The Rail Training Institute (RRTI) was inaugurated with an aim to strengthen the expertise and capabilities of the employees of North-Eastern Railways. He also inaugurated the newly constructed washing pit at Ghazipur City station. Manoj Sinha said that, the RRTI was constructed within stipulated time. It will highly boost the development of the area. RRTI was built at a the cost of Rs 21 crore. It has modern training facilities, an advanced model hostel, computer room, cafeteria and other necessary facilities.
- On 23rd July 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the three day National Traders’ Conclave at Constitution Club of India, in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
National Traders’ Conclave is organised by the Confederation of All-India Traders. He said that, in the next two-three years India’s economy will be among the top five. Also, by 2030 India would enter the world’s Top Three economies. He said that, India is the most attractive destination for foreign investors and received more than $150 billion FDI in last four years. In ‘Ease of Doing Business’, India’s ranking has improved from 142 to 100. In 2014, there were only two mobile phone factories in India. Now we have 120 handset manufacturing units.
- On 22-23 July 2018, the first meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Committee on Border Haats was held in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Agartala, Tripura
Other issues related to review of operations of the four functional Border Haats and suggestions for improvement, timeline for setting up the six additional Border Haats. The next meeting would be held in Bangladesh on mutually agreed dates. The Joint Committee visited the Border Haat at Kamlasagar (Sipahijala District, Tripura) – Tarapur (Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh). The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Border Haats between India and Bangladesh signed on 8th April 2017 provides for establishment of a Joint Committee to review the border haats operations, suggest modifications in the operational modalities and propose new locations of Border Haats.
- On 23rd July 2018, the first tribal atlas of which state was released consisting of a set of maps and statistics highlighting the tribal demography of the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Odisha
The atlas has been prepared by the SC & ST Research and Training Institute along with Academy of Tribal Language and Culture. The atlas has been edited by Prof A B Ota, director of SC & ST Research Institute. It was reviewed by development commissioner R Balakrishnan. It will be available at the SC & ST Research and Training Institute located at Nayapalli in Bhubaneshwar. The atlas has been developed using the data of Census 2011 and other relevant statistics. This atlas is said to be the first of its kind in India.
- On 22nd July 2018, a senior official said that, a special unit of the which state Police has launched a drive to curb an international syndicate that smuggles endangered pangolin, which is one of the world’s most illegally traded mammals?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Odisha
Odisha Director General of Police (DGP) R P Sharma said that, they have already moved the government and initiated a process to curb the international pangolin smuggling network with the help of the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT). MLAT is an agreement between countries to exchange information or offer legal assistance to enforce laws. He said that an organised international network smuggles pangolin for its scales. He added that, members of the network also function from neighbouring countries like Myanmar.
- On 21st July 2018, Public Affairs Centre (PAC), a think tank, released Public Affairs Index (PAI) for 2018, its third annual PAI, at an event in Bengaluru. Which state has topped the Public Affairs Index (PAI) for 2018 as the best governed state in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kerala
2 Tamil Nadu
- Indian Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country to obtain help in enhancing overall public transport system in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.United Kingdom
The MoU was signed by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, India, and Transport for London (TFL) to develop public transport in India. Transport for London (TFL) is a statutory body formed under the Greater London Authority Act, 1999 (UK). This MoU will to share information and areas of cooperation like improving the public transport system with an augmentation of passenger capacity, passenger services, data analysis, induction of electric vehicles, introduction of technology, ticketing and the provision of passenger information, urban transport planning and policy, institutional organisation of transport, governance and accountability arrangements, project financing, strategy, and procurement methodologies, policy development and assessment of technology strategies, operations procurement and contracting, Infrastructure maintenance strategies, Infrastructure design and delivery etc.
- Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the government has cut the minimum annual deposit requirement for accounts to ____ from Rs 1,000 earlier?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rs. 250
Sukanya Samriddhi scheme was launched in 2015. Till November 2017, more than 1.26 crore accounts were opened across the country securing an amount of Rs 19,183 crore. Under the scheme, a parent or legal guardian can open an account in the name of the girl child until she attains the age of 10 years. As per the scheme, the account will be valid for 21 years from the date of opening, after which it will mature and the money will be paid to the girl child in whose name the account has been opened. The minimum deposit that needs to be made every year is now Rs 250, while the maximum is Rs 1.50 lakh.
- _____, a collaboration of Sahapedia and YES Arts & Culture, has been awarded the PATA Gold Award 2018?
1.India Heritage Walk Festival
2.Indian Heritage Show Festival
3.India Culture and Heritage Festival
4.India Commerce and Industry Festival
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.India Heritage Walk Festival
The award has been announced by the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) in Bangkok under the ‘Heritage-Culture’ category. It was sponsored by Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO). The PATA Awards achievements of recognised achievements of 27 organisations and individuals in the field of travel and tourism. PATA Awardswill be presented to the winners on September 14 during the PATA Travel Mart in Malaysia.The month-long, multi-city IHWF 2018 was organised in February 2018.
- On 22nd July 2018, who was named the 2017 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sunil Chhetri
List of 2017 AIFF Award winners:
• 2017 AIFF Award for Best Grassroots Development Programme: Kerala FA.
• 2017 AIFF Award for long-time contribution to Indian Football: Hero Motocorp.
• 2017 AIFF Award for Best Assistant Referee: Sumanta Datta (Assam).
• 2017 AIFF Award for Best Referee: CR Srikrishna.
• 2017 AIFF Emerging Woman Footballer of the Year: E Panthoi.
• 2017 AIFF Emerging Player of the Year: Anirudh Thapa.
• 2017 AIFF Woman Footballer of the Year: Kamala Devi.
• 2017 AIFF Player of the Year: Sunil Chhetri.
- On 23rd July 2018, the Board of Max Financial Services (MFS) named ____ as the non-executive Chairman of Max Financial Services (MFS)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Analjit Singh
Max Financial Services is the listed holding company for Max Life Insurance Company. It was established after the demerger of Max India Limited. That demerger resulted in 3 independent listed entities: Max Financial Services, Max India Limited and Max Ventures & Industries Limited. These 3 entities comprise the Max Group. Analjit Singh is the sponsor and principal shareholder of MFS, Max India and MVIL. He succeeds Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai. Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai will continue on the Board of MFS for her full term as an independent, Non-executive director.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has created an online tool named ____ to help people overcome issues related to mental health?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.TreadWill
TreadWill has been developed by a team with support from the Computer Science and Engineering and Humanities and Social Sciences, HSS (Psychology) departments. TreadWill is a website designed to help people deal with stress, low mood, lethargy and other depressive symptoms by means of various online exercises, questionnaires and games. It will help in overcoming depressive symptoms and becoming more resilient against stressful events in the future. TreadWill is based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which helps people with depressive symptoms.
- Which tennis player remains in the top position of the ATP tennis world rankings as per standings on 23rd July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rafael Nadal
ATP standings on 23rd July 2018:
• 1 – Rafael Nadal (ESP) with 9,310 points
• 2 – Roger Federer (SUI) with 7,080 points
• 3 – Alexander Zverev (GER) with 5,665 points
• 4 – Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) with 5,395 points
• 5 – Kevin Anderson (RSA) with 4,655 points
• 6 – Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) with 4,610 points
• 7 – Marin Cilic (CRO) with 3,905 points
• 8 – Dominic Thiem (AUT) with 3,665 points
• 9 – John Isner (USA) with 3,490 points
• 10 – Novak Djokovic (SRB) with 3,355 points
- On 22nd July 2018, who won the German Grand Prix 2018 held at Hockenheimring track in Germany?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton secured the first position in the German Grand Prix 2018. He was followed by Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes in the second position. Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen secured the third position. The first part of the F1 season ends in Hungary next weekend.
- Who has taken over as Member Staff, Railway Board and Ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India on 20thJuly 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.S.N. Agrawal
Shri S.N. Agrawal, a Civil Engineer, belongs to the Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE) of 1980 batch. He has rich and varied experience of working in several key posts in Western Railway, Central Railway, Southern Railway, North Central Railway, South East Central Railway, RDSO etc., including the post of Divisional Railway Manager, Nagpur and as Principal Chief Engineer, Western Railway, Mumbai.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium located?Chhattisgarh
- What is the tag line of Bank of Baroda?India’s International Bank
- Which is the Largest artificial lake in Asia?Upper Lake, Madhya Pradesh
- Koteshwar Dam has been constructed on which river?Bhagirathi River
- Which state houses the Kondakameru Wildlife Sanctuary?Odisha
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification