AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 20 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 20, 2017, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind was elected as the ____ President of India.
5.17thAnswer – 2.14th
On July 20, 2017, BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) nominee Ram Nath Kovind was elected as the 14th President of India. Mr. Kovind defeated Opposition candidate and former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
- On July 19, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave approval for the signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) in respect of tax matters between India and the Revenue administrations of:
5.BRICS CountriesAnswer – 5.BRICS Countries
This MoC aims to promote cooperation amongst the BRICS Revenue administrations in international forum on common areas of interest in tax matters and in the area of capacity building and knowledge sharing. It envisages regular interaction amongst the heads of Revenue administration of BRICS countries and meeting of the Experts on tax matters to discuss the contemporary issues in areas of international taxation.
- A bill to grant statutory status to the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode was passed through a voice vote in Lok Sabha on July 19, 2017. Currently, how many such IIITs are operational across India?
5.35Answer – 1.15
The previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government initiated the opening of 20 IIITs with private partnership of which 15 are already operational. The Government has also mentioned that fees for the poor students will not increase and that reservation law will apply in these institutes.
- On July 19, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and __________ on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
5.NetherlandsAnswer – 5.Netherlands
This MoU would lead to setting up of a Joint Working Group, drawing members from Department of Space/ Indian Space Research Organisation (DOS/ISRO), and the Netherlands Space Office (NSO), which will further work out the plan of action including the time-frame and the means of implementing this MoU.
- On July 19, 2017, National Steering Committee on Climate Change (NSCCC), under the Chairmanship of Secretary of Environment Ministry, Mr Ajay Narayan Jha, approved projects submitted by Governments of which three states for funding under the National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC)?
1.Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim
2.Rajasthan, Gujarat and Assam
3.Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Sikkim
4.Karnataka, Gujarat and Sikkim
5.Rajasthan, Maharashtra and SikkimAnswer – 1.Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim
NAFCC is a flagship Scheme of Government of India, which provides 100 % grant to the State Governments for implementing climate change adaptation projects. The fund was established in August 2015. It has been established to fulfill the objectives of National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC) and to operationalize the State Action Plans on Climate Change (SAPCCs).
- Which State Government has launched ‘Janahitha’, an integrated grievance redressal management system under which a call centre set up for the purpose will receive grievances from complainants in simpler forms such as an SMS, e-mail or a call?
5.HaryanaAnswer – 2.Telangana
Developed by the Telangana State Information Technology, E&C department, ‘Janahitha’, an integrated grievance redressal management system aims at expediting complaint resolution through continuous monitoring at a centralised cell. The portal also serves information on the various schemes the users could avail.
- On July 18, 2017, the Telangana School Education Department issued strict guidelines to reduce the weight of school bags for children in the State. As per the guidelines the weight of school bags has been capped between:
1.1 kg and 3 kg
2.1 kg and 4 kg
3.1.5 kg and 5 kg
4.1.5 kg and 5.5 kg
5.2 kg and 6 kgAnswer – 3.1.5 kg and 5 kg
According to the Government Order (GO), the maximum weight of a school bag with textbooks and notebooks should not exceed 1.5 kg for Class I and II and 2 to 3 kg for Classes III to V. For Classes VI and VII, the weight should not exceed 4 kg and for Classes VIII and IX, it should not be more than 4.50 kg. In the case of Class X, it should not be more than 5 kg.
- As per a senior US counter-terror official, _____% of all terror attacks in 2016 took place in Iraq, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines
5.45%Answer – 4.55%
Justin Siberell, Acting Coordinator for Counterterrorism, in a media briefing on the release of the Country Reports on Terrorism by the US State Department mentioned that 55% of all attacks took place in Iraq, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines, and 75% of all deaths due to terrorist attacks took place in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- On July 19, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that it will shortly issue bank notes of denomination Rs ____ in Mahatma Gandhi series 2005.
5.Rs. 100Answer – 3.Rs. 20
The notes will be similar in design to those currently in circulation. The new notes will be bearing inset letter ‘S’ in the number panel and signature of Governor Urjit R Patel.
- Which rating agency has launched a new system for rating of infrastructure projects, in association with the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)?
5.SMERAAnswer – 3.ICRA
The new system will focus on the overall recovery of dues by the investor/lender over the lifecycle of the project, besides retaining the valuable aspect of probability of default already adopted by the conventional rating scale.
- According to the second edition of National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) State Investment Potential Index (N-SIPI 2017) report, which state has retained the top position of having highest investment potential?
5.PunjabAnswer – 1.Gujarat
Gujarat is followed by Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. Haryana and Telangana have moved rapidly up the ranks to finish among the top five.
- Who among the following received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as a parliamentarian in the Lok Sabha at a function organised by the Lokmat Media Group?
2.L K Advani
3.Murli Manohar Joshi
4.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
5.Jaswant SinghAnswer – 2.L K Advani
On July 19, 2017, Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as a parliamentarian in the Lok Sabha. The award was given by the Vice President Hamid Ansari at a function organised by the Lokmat Media Group to honour distinguished Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members.
- On July 18, 2017, who among the following resigned from the Rajya Sabha for not being allowed to speak about atrocities against Dalits?
5.B K HariprasadAnswer – 1.Mayawati
On July 18, 2017, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati resigned from the Rajya Sabha in protest against not being allowed to raise the issue of atrocities against Dalits in the House.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new brand Ambassador of Tata Sky for southern market?
5.Shriya SaranAnswer – 2.Nayanthara
Content distribution platform provider Tata Sky has signed popular South Indian actress Nayanthara as its brand ambassador for the Southern market. A new commercial featuring the actress in four languages — Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada – has been released.
- Who among the following has been appointed brand icon of Pro Kabaddi League franchise Tamil Thalaivas, co-owned by India batting legend Sachin Tendulkar?
5.Mahesh BabuAnswer – 3.Kamal Hassan
Haasan launched the jersey of Tamil Thalaivas at an event on July 20, 2017. Sachin Tendulkar was present at the function along with Telugu film stars Chiranjeevi, Allu Arjun and Ram Charan Teja.
- Which company has launched ‘Hire’, a recruiting app for small- and medium-sized businesses?
5.AmazonAnswer – 1.Google
In an apparent move to compete with Microsoft-owned LinkedIn, Google has launched ‘Hire’, a recruiting app for small- and medium-sized businesses that also integrates seamlessly with G Suite. With ‘Hire’, businesses can communicate with candidates in Gmail or ‘Hire’ and emails will be synced automatically in both.
- Which state will have a first of its kind eco-friendly bridges over a canal cutting across the tiger corridor shared with the adjoining state?
5.AssamAnswer – 4.Telangana
In a first of its kind, Telangana State will have eco-friendly bridges over a canal cutting across the tiger corridor linking the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) in the Chandrapur district of Maharashtra with the forests in Telangana’s Kumram Bheem Asifabad district.
- ____________, an American actor, film stuntman and songwriter, passed away on July 18, 2017.
5.White EastAnswer – 3.Red West
Red West’s most memorable role was as Red Webster in 1989’s “Road House” opposite Patrick Swayze. His other feature credits include “The Rainmaker” (1997), “Goodbye Solo” (2008), and most recently, 2013’s “Safe Haven.”
- Who among the following Indian woman shot putter has tested positive for a banned substance?
5.Ritika TomarAnswer – 2.Manpreet Kaur
The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has informed the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) that woman shot putter Manpreet Kaur has tested positive for a banned substance. Manpreet, reportedly tested positive for dimethylbutylamine, a banned stimulant, in the Federation Cup at NIS Patiala on June 1, 2017. The substance is a ‘derivative’ of methylhexaneamine.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.