AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 2 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 2 2018
- On July 2, 2018, the Income Tax Department has launched instant Aadhaar-based e-PAN allotment service for individuals seeking PAN (Permanent Account Number) service for the first time. How many digits does the PAN contains?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.10
This facility is free of cost and is available for a limited period on first-come, first-served basis. The e-PAN will be allotted on basis of one-time password (OTP) sent on mobile number linked to Aadhaar number of a person. It will have the same name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and address as in Aadhaar card. Once e-PAN is allotted to applicant through his electronic Aadhaar-based verification system in few seconds, the applicant will be sent the PAN card by post.
- On 3rd July 2018, “National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)” was inaugurated by Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Thaawarchand Gehlot
The event will be inaugurated by Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment. The guest of Honor will be: Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Krishan Pal Gurjar, MoS for M/o SJ&E will address at the workshop. Representatives from Corporate Sectors (both in Private and Public), State Governments and Empanelled Training Centres of DEPwD will also be present.
- On July 2, 2018, the “National Policy on Marine Fisheries, 2017” was announced in the inter-session meeting of the consultative committee of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare on “Marine Fisheries-Mariculture in India” held in ____?
1.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2.Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu
Under this scheme, traditional fishermen, their associations/organizations or self-help groups are provided with central financial assistance upto 50% of the cost of the vessels i.e. Rs 40 lakh for ‘Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels’. For implementation of this scheme, Rs 312 crore of central share has been released in the first year (2017-18). The government has also included a sub-component namely, ‘Assistance for Deep-Sea Fishing’ under ‘Blue-Revolution. It has decided to promote ‘marine culture fisheries’ and included the sub-components of ‘Mariculture’ under ‘Blue Revolution’ Scheme.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) is conducting a two-day “National Consultation on Accessible Elections,” from the 3rd July, 2018 in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
The “National Consultation on Accessible Elections,” will be having three technical sessions over the course of the two days. The best practices on ‘Accessible Elections’ that were practiced in six states during their last Assembly Elections will be shared in the meeting. The meet is expected to contribute significantly to evolve a policy on “Accessible Elections,” that will help in making electoral processes more accessible. The national event is the culmination of a nearly three-month long series of district and state level consultations aiming to identify the barriers or gaps in the inclusion of PwD’s in the electoral process.
- The government has set up a 13-member committee to upgrade the norms for computation of economic data at states and districts level to revise the base year for National Accounts or GDP calculation. The committee will be headed by _____?
1.Ravindra H Dholakia
2.R D Burman
3.S Mahendra Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ravindra H Dholakia
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) will change the base year to 2017-18 for the calculation of GDP and IIP numbers from the current 2011-12 with an aim to capture changes in the economy. It would review the concepts, definitions, classifications, data conventions, data sources and data requirements for preparation of State Domestic Product (SDP) and District Domestic Product (DDP). It will also suggest measures for improving SDP and DDP in the country, suggest state-level annual/benchmark surveys.
- On July 1,2018, The Government notified the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 via Gazette Notification. State Bank of India (SBI), in the 3rd phase of sale, has been authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its ____ Authorised Branches?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.11
Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India. Electoral Bonds can be bought individually or jointly with other individuals. Electoral Bonds shall be encashed by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank account with the Authorized Bank. Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951 & which secured not less than 1% of the votes polled in last General Election or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive Electoral Bonds.
- On July 2, 2018, the 9th and final meeting of Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on India-Nepal relations concluded in ____?
4.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kathmandu, Nepal
They discussed on various bilateral issues including 1950 Peace and Friendship treaty, trade, transit and border. The Group will submit the joint report prepared in the two day meeting to the respective Prime Ministers of the countries involved.
- On June 30,2018, The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India’s proposal to increase its stake to 51 % in which bank from 10.8 %?
3.Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.IDBI Bank
An additional 40.2 per cent stake for IDBI Bank will cost LIC Rs 9,229 crore at the current share price of nearly Rs 55. According to BSE, currently the government holds 81% of the IDBI Bank. LIC-IDBI Bank deal will lead to a series of exemptions to be given by three regulators — Irdai, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). LIC would be exempted from the provisions in the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act, 2015, and the Life Insurance Corporation Act, 1956, that bar insurers from holding more than 15% in any company.
- On July 2, 2018, NSE signed an agreement with ______ for a suitable platform and technology backbone to effectively tap post–trade delivery capabilities?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Nasdaq
Earlier, NSE’s current clearing and settlement system operated by National Securities Clearing Corporation Limited (NSCCL). Under this agreement, Nasdaq will deliver a customised real-time clearing, risk management and settlement technology to one of the world’s largest stock exchanges. It has also sealed a deal with NSE IT to make use of its capability in implementations and project augmentation globally. The state-of-the-art architecture using Nasdaq Financial Framework, will enable all asset classes to be cleared and settled in one system.
- Which Bank has said that, its emPower app will get enhancements like Chatbot and artificial intelligence based e-commerce payments?
1.Indian Overseas Bank
2.Oriental Bank of Commerce
4.Punjab National Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Allahabad Bank
Bank New AI/Technology deployed Uses SBI SBI Intelligent Assistant (SIA). A smart chat assistant that efficiently resolves queries of NRI customers . Innovation Centre Will explore AI Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to make banking process more efficient. Bank of Baroda Baroda Brainy artificial intelligence robot. Digital Lab hi-tech digital branch equipped with advanced gadgets. Allahabad Bank emPower app App will have Chatbot and artificial intelligence based e-commerce payments.
- On June 30,2018, The first three phase energy efficient Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) coaches built with stainless steel bodies were rolled out by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in ____?
1.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2.Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The MEMU train consists of eight coaches and two driving motor coaches. The carrying capacity of trailer coaches is 325 with 84 seats, while the motor coaches which has 55 seats can carry upto 226 passengers. Thus, the rake can carry about 2,402 passengers per trip. The first rake is to be sent to Southern East Central Railway.
- Name the refinery that has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’?
1.Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL), Assam
2.Mangalore Refineries Private Limited, Karnataka
3.Manali PetroChemicals Limited, Tamil Nadu
4.Reliance Refineries, Gujarat
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL), Assam
It is a onestop solution for effectively managing the organisations legal and regulatory compliances through monitoring control at different levels. It covers the requirements of laws like labour, taxation, IT, commercial, export-import, corporate laws and other industry-specific laws.
- On July 2, 2018, Bharti Airtel-owned telecom tower company Bharti Infratel Limited got an approval from the Competition Commission of India to merge with _____?
2.Indus Towers Limited
3.Videocon Towers Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Indus Towers Limited
It is the largest tower company in India with around 27 per cent market share. Indus Towers is 42 per cent owned by Bharti Infratel and Vodafone each, while Idea Cellular Limited holds 11.15 per cent. The rest is held by private equity firm Providence.
- On 30th June 2018, artist Anjolie Ela Menon received the National Kalidas Samman in Delhi for visual arts from which government?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Madhya Pradesh
Anjolie Ela Menon is 78 years old. She has been awarded the Kalidas Award for her sensitive portrayal of the identity and spirit of women in her paintings. She made her first solo exhibition in Delhi in 1958. She has received the Padma Shri award. She has received various national and international awards. She had received a doctorate from Rabindra Bharati University, recently. Artist A. Ramachandran was also awarded the Kalidas Award.
- Whic state has been named first among states for its performance under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritav Abhiyan (PMSMA) in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Himachal Pradesh
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda prsesented the award and it was received by Additional Chief Secretary, Health, BK Agarwal on behalf of Himachal Pradesh, at an event in New Delhi. Himachal Pradesh has been given this award for bringing maximum number of women for ante-natal check-up to the PMSMA clinics. Himachal Pradesh government had launched PMSMA in August 2016. Nearly 495 clinics were established in which ante-natal check-ups were conducted by doctors. Out of 1,28,058 women registered between August 2016 to May 2018, 87,414 (68.26%) were successfully brought to the special PMSMA clinics for antenatal check up.
- On 1st July 2018, who was elected as the new President of Mexico?
1.Enrique Peña Nieto
2.Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador
On July 1,2018, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won Mexico’s presidency with the widest margin in a presidential election since the 1980s. He won 30 points ahead of his nearest rival. He replaced President Enrique Peña Nieto.
- On July 2, 2018, The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has recommended 15 executive directors to be elevated as managing directors (MD) at various public sector banks. The panel was headed by ____?
2.B P Sharma
3.M V Muthiah
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.B P Sharma
Name Earlier post Appointed as Bank Anushula Kant Deputy Managing Director and CFO managing director SBI B Sriram Managing Director (SBI) MD and CEO IDBI Padmaja Chunduru Deputy Managing Director Managing Directors SBI Karnam Sekar Mrutyunjay Mahapatra Pallav Mohapatra J Packirisamy C V Nageswar Gopal Murli Bhagat Executive Directors Corporation Bank P V Bharathi Canara Bank Atul Kumar Goel Union Bank of India S Harisankar Allahabad Bank Ashok Kumar Pradhan United Bank of India CH S S Mallikarjuna Rao Syndicate Bank M K Bhattacharya Indian Bank A S Rajeev
- On July 2, 2018, State Bank of India (SBI) named _____ as Managing Director of the bank?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Arijit Basu
He will be in charge of commercial credit and IT, and will also hold additional charge of stressed assets resolution group. He will fill in the post vacated by Rajnish Kumar, who has been elevated as the chairman of the bank. He will hold the post till 31 October, 2020, the date of his superannuation, or until further orders. Prior to becoming deputy managing director, he served as managing director of SBI Life Insurance.
- Who was appointed the new chairman and managing director (CMD) of SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited), on 30th June 2018?
1.P K Sharma
2.R K Agarwal
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Saraswati Prasad
Saraswati Prasad is the special secretary and financial advisor in the steel ministry. He has been given additional charge of SAIL CMD. He succeeds incumbent CMD P K Singh who has retired. P K Singh assumed office as SAIL chairman in 2015. Earlier, he was the chief executive officer of SAIL’s Durgapur Steel Plant.
- Who took charge as the new director general and chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) with effect from 1st July 2018?
1.V M Shrinivas
2.P K Shrivastava
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.P K Shrivastava
Earlier, P K Shrivastava was the additional director general of ordnance factories and member of OFB. Also, he was in-charge of OFB’s Armoured Vehicles headquarters at Avadi, Chennai. He joined Indian Ordnance Factories’ Service in 1982. He has served in Ammunition Factory Khadki, Vehicle Factory Jabalpur, Ordnance Factory Varangaon, Ordnance Factory Khamaria, Armoured Vehicles headquarters and at OFB headquarters as member of personnel division. He has also written a book named ‘Total Quality Management’.
- On July 2, 2018, Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) named _____ as its president?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rajat Sharma
He won by 54.40% of votes in his favour. Sharma’s tenure as the DDCA President is for three years. Sharma’s team will consist of Rakesh Kumar Bansal who has been elected as the vice-president with 48.87% votes in his favour. Sharma is currently the Chairman and Chief Editor of Hindi news channel INDIA TV.
- India is currently in the process of inducting the first batch of its intercontinental ballistic missile system _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Agni-V
Agni-V will bring targets across China within its range. Agni-V missile system has a strike range of 5,000 km. It has the capacity to carry nuclear warhead. They are inducted into the elite Strategic Forces Command (SFC). User trials are being conducted before it is handed over to the SFC. The missile can bring targets across China including cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong under its range. Agni-V was successfully test-fired off the coast of Odisha recently. Very few countries like US, China, Russia, France and North Korea have intercontinental ballistic missiles.
- Deepak Mathur, Executive Vice-President, Global Sales at SES Video, said that, the successful launch of _____ satellite recently will help India’s direct-to-home (DTH) TV market?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.SES-12
Deepak Mathur said that, in line with the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) recent directive to allow mobile and Internet services in Indian airspace, the satellite’s concentrated beams could also offer cost-effective capacity to enable inflight connectivity services. SES-12 is designed with advanced wide beams and high throughput beams. It was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral in Florida, US, in June 2018. It would replace and augment the services currently provided by SES NSS-6 satellite. Along with SES-8, SES-12 will reach 18 million TV homes.
- On 30th June 2018, which country won the six-nation Kabaddi Masters Dubai title in Dubai?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.India
India defeated Iran 44-26 in the finals and became champions of the six-nation Kabaddi Masters Dubai. Indian team was led by captain Ajay Thakur. The six-nation invitational tournament was organised by International Kabaddi Federation along with Star Sports and Dubai Sports Council.
- On 1st July 2018, who won the Austrian Grand Prix in Austria?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Max Verstappen
Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen finished in the second spot. Following him Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel finished in the third spot. Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton retired from the race due to a mechanical issue in his car. Mecredes’ Valtteri Bottas also retired from the race due to mechanical issues with his Mercedes car.
- From 26th June to 1st July 2018, the 2018 Malaysia Open, officially named the CELCOM AXIATA Malaysia Open was held at Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Who won the women’s single title?
1.P V Sindhu
4.Min Shu Ying
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tai Tzu-ying
• Men’s Singles – Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia)
• Women’s Singles – Tai Tzu-ying (Chinese Taipei)
• Men’s Doubles – Takeshi Kamura, Keigo Sonoda (Japan)
• Women’s Doubles – Misaki Matsutomo, Ayaka Takahashi (Japan)
• Mixed Doubles – Zheng Siwei, Huang Yaqiong (China)
- When was World Sports Journalists Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.July 2
World Sports Journalists Day is celebrated on July 2 every year to honour the services of sports journalists towards the promotion of sports. World Sports Journalists Day was established by the International Sports Press Association (AIPS) in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of its foundation. The International Sports and Press Association (AIPS) was formed in 1924 during the Paris Summer Olympics.
- When was World UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) day observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.July 2
World UFO day is celebrated on 2nd July every year. The first World UFO Day was celebrated in 2001. This day is dedicated to the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO). This day is celebrated to create awareness about the existence of UFO’s. This day is also observed for encouraging governments to officially declare their knowledge about UFO sightings.
- On 3rd July 2018, the _____ Foundation Day celebration of Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS) will be held at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.50th
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari will be the chief guest of the event. Ambassadors, High Commissioners and Water Resources and Energy Ministers from Burundi, Congo, Ghana, Liberia, Afghanistan and other countries will also take part in the event. In 1969, WAPCOS was incorporated as a Public Sector Enterprise by the Indian Government. It is a techno-commercial organization. It functions under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS)?R.K. Gupta
- Who is the President of International Kabaddi Federation?Janardan Singh Gehlot
- Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of India?Om Prakash Rawat
- Who is the President of International Sports and Press Association (AIPS) headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland?Gianni Merlo
- Where is Sanskriti Kendra Museum located?Delhi
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification