AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 2 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following will take charge as the 21st Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India on July 6, 2017?
1.Achal Kumar Jyoti
5.Kailash Nath Arora
Answer – 1.Achal Kumar Jyoti
Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Jyoti will take charge as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India after current CEC Nasim Zaidi retires on July 6, 2017. Nasim Zaidi had taken over as the 20th CEC of India on April 19, 2015.
- On July 2, 2017, ‘Vikrikar Bhavan’ the headquarters of __________ government’s erstwhile Sales Tax department, was renamed as ‘GST Bhavan” as the new tax regime rolled out.
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
Maharashtra’s Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar and Minister of State for Finance Deepak Kesarkar attended the ceremony at the Vikrikar Bhavan, located in south Mumbai’s Mazgaon area. In two years, the ‘GST Bhavan’ will be shifted to Wadala from Mazgaon.
- Chief Minister of which state has decided to present a separate agriculture budget for the state from next year?
Answer – 1.Telangana
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, has decided to present a separate agriculture budget for the state from next year. Chief Minister Rao has also decided to substantially enhance funds for the agriculture sector.
- Which private sector bank has recently launched an Image Debit Card to enable its cardholders to personalise the card with the image of his/her choice?
Answer – 4.Karnataka Bank
As per a press release by Karnataka Bank on June 30, 2017, the customers will have the option of selecting an image either from the bank’s gallery of images or any image of his/her choice to be printed on the debit card. Customers can apply through the bank’s website for this card.
- How many MoUs in the textiles sector were signed on July 1, 2017, the 2nd day of mega textiles trade fair, ‘Textiles India 2017’?
Answer – 2.65
65 MoUs were signed between various domestic and international organizations from industry and government on 2nd Day of ‘Textiles India 2017’. Of the 65 MoUs, three were Government – to – Government (G2G) MoUs, with Australia, Bangladesh and China. The MoUs were signed in presence of Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani.
- On June 30, 2017, who has honoured with Indian of the Year Award by Brands Academy in New Delhi?
Answer – 3.Preeti Shenoy
Preeti Shenoy is one of India’s top five highest selling women authors. Shenoy’s books include “It’s All In The Planets”, “Why We Love The Way We Do”, “It Happens For A Reason”, “The One You Cannot Have” and “34 Bubblegums And Candies” among others.
- Which state has become first state in India to implement an integrated Core Banking Solution Project covering all three tiers of short term cooperative credit structure – state cooperative bank, district central cooperative banks and 2,708 primary agriculture cooperative societies (PACS)?
Answer – 2.Odisha
On July 1, 2017, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated computerisation of PACS and launched RuPay Kisan Credit cards in the state. With computerisation of PACS, farmers are now able to draw their sanctioned loans from the ATM network of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) having 2.14 lakh ATMs of all banks across the country.
- Who among the following was sworn in as Hong Kong’s first female leader on 1st of July 2017?
Answer – 3.Carrie Lam
Carrie Lam is the fourth person to hold the top government post since China regained control of the former British colony in 1997. Ms. Lam was previously the top deputy to Leung Chun-ying, the unpopular chief executive who chose not to seek a second term.
- Which space agency is developing the first-ever mission that will deflect a near-Earth asteroid, and help test the systems that will allow mankind to protect the planet from potential cosmic body impacts in the future?
5.European Space Agency
Answer – 4.NASA
NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) — which is being designed and would be built and managed by the John Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory — is moving from concept development to preliminary design phase.
- Researchers, including those from the Physikalisch- Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in _______ have now developed a laser with a linewidth of only 10 mili Hertz (mHz) – closer to the ideal laser than ever before.
Answer – 3.Germany
Researchers, including those from the Physikalisch- Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Germany have now developed world’s sharpest laser with record-breaking precision that can help make optical atomic clocks more precise as well as test Einstein’s theory of relativity.
- Who among the following stunned Pacquiuao to claim a unanimous 12-round decision and win the World Boxing Organization (WBO) world welterweight title?
Answer – 2.Jeff Horn
Australia’s Jeff Horn stunned Pacquiuao to claim a unanimous 12-round decision and win the WBO world welterweight title in front of 50,000 fans at Lang Park on 2nd July 2017.
- On June 30, 2017, who among the following became the first Indian batsman to hit more than 200 sixes in One Day International (ODI) cricket?
2.M S Dhoni
Answer – 2.M S Dhoni
M S Dhoni accomplished this feat while playing a crucial unbeaten knock of 78 runs against West Indies in the third ODI in North Sound, Antigua on June 30, 2017.
- ’World Sports Journalists Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 2.July 2
World Sports Journalists Day was established by the International Sports Press Association (AIPS) in 1994. It has been established to mark the 70th anniversary of the creation of AIPS and to celebrate the achievements of members of the sporting media.
- Melwyn Rego, has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of which public sector bank?
4.Central Bank of India
Answer – 3.Syndicate Bank
Melwyn Rego assumed charge on July 1, 2017. He was earlier the Managing Director and CEO of Bank of India. He has also served as deputy managing director of IDBI Bank, CEO of IDBI Homefinance and as its Head— International Banking Division, spearheading the overseas initiatives of IDBI.
- Who among the following has been conferred with the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US State Department?
2.Ajay Singh Rajput
3.Vikram Kumar Rathod
4.Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat
Answer – 4.Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat
Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat, an IPS Officer from Telangana has been conferred with the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US state department. Mr. Bhagwat, the current Rachakonda Police Commissioner is the third IPS officer to get the honour.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.