AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 19 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 19 2018
- On July 19, 2018, National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) organised “Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan” in how many main stem Ganga basin states?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.5
State Forest Departments of the 5 basin states were made the nodal agencies. Divisional Forest Officers (DFOs) were made the district level Nodal Officers and Chief Conservator of Forest (CCF) at the State level for organizing the events. Other Participants in the programme were:
• Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS)
• Ganga Vichar Manch (GVM),
• NGOs and educational institutions,
• District Ganga Committees
- On July 19, 2018, the chief minister of which state launched an online portal and mobile app called ‘Aabhaar-Aapki seva ka’ for the online pensioners of the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Chhattisgarh
This would be implemented by Online Pension Management System. 80,000 pensioners would get information related to pension through the app and portal. Pensioners will get the benefit of senior pension with the State government’s 7th pay scale before January 1, 2016. According to which an increased Basic Pension of 2.57 per cent would be received by them.
- On July 19, 2018, according to Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Cities report, which Indian city has ranked 3rd among the 15 of the world’s best cities?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Udaipur
The top 2 cities are both in Mexico: San Miguel de Allende and Oaxaca. The ranks were given based on sights and landmarks, culture, cuisine, friendliness, shopping, and overall value. Earlier in 2009 it has ranked 1st in the list making it ‘best city in the world to visit’. And in 2017 also it has received the 3rd rank.
- External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj is hosting the 10th edition of Delhi Dialogue (DD X) from July 19th to July 20,2018 in New Delhi. What is the theme for this year’s DD X?
1.Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation
2.Taking India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation forward
3.Best Maritime Practices for development
4.Maritime Commerce and wealth
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation
The theme of this year’s DD X will be “Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation”. DD X is being organised in partnership with the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). This will be the first major event to be organised after the ASEAN-India commemorative Summit, which was held in New Delhi in January 2018.
- National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) has installed a remote sensing instrument- LiDAR for assessment of offshore wind resource at Gulf of Khambat, off the Coast of _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Gujarat
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has performed the following studies with foreign assistance during the past 3 years and current year:
• Study/Survey & Preparation of Road Map on Tidal Energy Projects in India.
• Study on the business models for decentralized systems like Solar PV/Hybrid mini grids, PV irrigation pumps and household lighting systems under access to Clean Energy Programme.
• Study for analysis of battery and Solar PV modules recycling processes in India and creation of market outreach strategy for Rooftop Solar PV.
• Study on the Investment Potential of Biofuels in India.
- On July 17, 2018, Western Railways renamed Elphistone Road station to _____ on Mumbai’s suburban section?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Prabhadevi
On July 17, 2018, Western Railways renames Elphistone Road station to Prabhadevi on Mumbai’s suburban section. This change will come into effect from July 19th ,2018. The station code for the renamed station is PBHD. Previously it was named Elphinstone road station after Lord Elphinstone , Governor of Bombay from 1853 to 1860.
- On 15th July 2018, the UK Space Agency said that, it had chosen _____, a peninsula on Scotland’s north coast as the site for UK’s first space port?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sutherland
Graham Turnock is the head of UK Space Agency. The United Kingdom will build its first spaceport at A’Mhoine Peninsula in Sutherland on the northern coast of Scotland. The UK Space Agency is offering 2.5 million pounds to Highlands and Islands Enterprise for the development of the facility. Highlands and Islands Enterprise will work with a consortium that includes Lockheed Martin to initiate launches as early as 2020. A spaceport or cosmodrome is a site for launching or receiving spacecraft. Also, an English airport signed a deal that would lead to launches from its facility.
- On July 19, 2018, according to Bloomberg Billionaires index 2018, who is the richest man in modern history with a net worth of $152 billion?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Jeff Bezos
He holds the position of the richest man since 1982. His net worth is $55 billion more than that of Bill Gates. His net worth increased by $52 billion in 2018 and over all it is very close to the Walton Family(World’s richest family)’s fortune which is $151.5 billion. Bill gates is in the second position with $95.5 billion followed by Mark Zuckerberg with $83.5 billion.
- On 18th July 2018, senior security officials of India and the United States held a meeting on Homeland Security Dialogue in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Delhi
India and United States resolved to improve cooperation in counter-terror, immigration and aviation security. The Homeland Security Dialogue focused on issues related to security cooperation, customs and immigration, aviation security, capacity building. India and United decided to work on addressing these issues. The discussions were held in a friendly atmosphere. It was agreed to maintain sustained interactions to improve security cooperation between India and United States.
- On 18th July 2018, India and Ghana signed how many agreements to improve the bilateral cooperation between India and Ghana?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2
2 MOUs on Cultural Exchange Programme and on cooperation between Bureau of Indian Standards and Ghana Standards Authority were signed. On 16th July 2018, Shirley Botchwey, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration of Ghana, arrived on a four-day visit to India. She met Indian External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and held delegation-level talks. They discussed on improving cooperation in development cooperation, capacity building, trade and investment and people-to-people relationship.
- On July 19, 2018, as per Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s Asian Development Outlook report India continues to be the fastest growing economy in Asia with projected GDP growth of _____ per cent?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.7.3
On July 19, 2018, As per Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s Asian Development Outlook report India continues to be the fastest growing economy in Asia with projected GDP growth of 7.3 per cent. Growth would accelerate to 7.6 percent in 2019. Growth would be driven by increased public spending, higher capacity utilisation rate and uptick in private investment, reform in the banking sector and tax. China will decelerate to 6.6 per cent in 2018 and further to 6.4 per cent in 2019. Globally, South Asia would be the fastest growing sub-region despite trade tensions with US.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) would issue new Rs. 100 note with motif of _____ next month?
3.Rani Ki Vav
4.Vaishno Devi Temple
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rani Ki Vav
This note is part of the revised design series introduced after demonetization in November 2016. This note will have Gujarat’s ‘Rani Ki Vav’ (queen’s stepwell) along with the Swachh Bharat logo and slogan on its reverse. Gandhi ji’s placement will be the same. The base colour of the note is lavender. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 142 mm. All the Rs. 100 notes issued by the Reserve Bank of India in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
- On July 19,2018, which Small Finance Bank formerly launched its commercial operations?
1.Dhana Small Finance Bank
2.Jana Small Finance Bank
3.Jio Small Finance Bank
4.AIPS Small Finance Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jana Small Finance Bank
It has 157 branches spread over 19 States, in addition to 402 micro-finance branches and it has more than 45 lakh existing loan customers loan book of Rs 7,600 crore and would hire 1000 employes totaling it to 15,000 employees. It got small finance bank licence in March 2018. It expects to target aspirational middle-class as well as millions of micro and small enterprises for financial inclusion.
- On July 18, 2018, Indian Bank raised MCLR (Marginal Cost of Lending Rate) by up to _____ %?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.0.10
Tenors Increased Rates (in %) Overnight 8.05 One Month 8.15 Three Months 8.35 Six Months 8.50 One Year 8.60 Three Years 8.80 Five Years 9.05
- On 19th July 2018, which entity signed a MoU with the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) for the construction of a station at Konappana Agrahara in Electronics City, Bengaluru?
3.Bill Gates Foundation
4.Indira Gandhi Foundation
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Infosys Foundation
The station is under the 2nd phase of Bangalore Metro’s expansion plans. Infosys Foundation has committed to maintain it for the next 30 years. Earlier, Karnataka government had said that Infosys Foundation would contribute Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru Metro Rail for the construction of Konappana Agrahara Metro Station and railway track. The MoU was signed by Infosys Foundation Chairperson Sudha Murthy and BMRCL Managing Director Ajay Seth.
- On July 17, 2018, ____ signed an agreement with All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) to launch projects to give scientific validation to the ancient medical science of Ayurveda and integrate it with technology?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.IIT Delhi
The agreement was signed at a conference of the heads of National Ayush Institutes. The projects would be funded by AYUSH ministry. The projects would work towards promoting the benefits of Ayurveda. Apart from IIT Delhi, Representatives of IIT and IIM Ahmedabad and AIIMS would also participate to improve Ayurveda education.
- In June 2017, Indian Government gave administrative approval and financial sanction to establish how many indigenous Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) of 700 MW each in fleet mode?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.10
Location & State Project Capacity (MW) Chutka, Madhya Pradesh Chutka -1&2 2 X 700 Kaiga, Karnataka Kaiga – 5&6 2 X 700 Mahi Banswara, Rajasthan Mahi Banswara – 1&2 2 X 700 Gorakhpur, Haryana GHAVP – 3&4 2 X 700 Mahi Banswara, Rajasthan Mahi Banswara – 3&4 2 X 700
- On July 17, 2018, BSE building Phiroze Jeejeebhoy Towers located on Dalal Street, in which city got trademark under Trade Marks Act, 1999 by the government?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mumbai
On July 17, 2018, BSE building Phiroze Jeejeebhoy Towers located on Dalal Street, in Mumbai gets trademark under Trade Marks Act, 1999 by the government. After this any pictoral usage of BSE would be required to have BSE’s prior consent. It started its operations in 1875. It was known as BSE Towers but was renamed after late chairman of BSE, Sir Phiroze Jamshedji Jeejeebhoy.
- _____ was awarded the NABARD 2018 award for its service to self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for the fiscal year 2017-18?
1.Repco Micro Finance Ltd
2.Muthoot Finance Limited
3.Mangalam Finance Limited
4.Shriram Chit Funds Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Repco Micro Finance Ltd
Repco Micro Finance Ltd is a non-banking finance company promoted by Repco Bank. Repco Micro Finance Ltd has offered loans amounting to Rs 2,500 crore to more than 10 lakh beneficiaries through 50,000 SHGs, so far.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has named which Indian Athlete as the first sports ambassador of Assam?
3.Aruna Budda Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Hima Das
This announcement has been made after Hima Das became the first Indian woman to win gold medal in the women’s 400 m final race at IAAF World U-20 Athletics Championships held in France, recently. Hima Das registered a time of 51.46s and finished in the top position surpassing Romania’s Andrea Miklos and USA’s Taylor Manson. Hima Das is 18 years old.
- On July 19, 2018, according to Landsat satellites data from NASA and the US Geological Survey taken between 1984 and 2016 (30 years), the world’s sandy shorelines are declining in protected marine areas. Nearly ____ % of sandy beaches worldwide are eroding?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.24
This could threaten plant and animal species and cultural heritage sites. About 24 per cent of sandy beaches worldwide are eroding, while 27 per cent are growing. A third (31 per cent) of all ice-free shorelines are sandy or gravelly and Africa has the highest proportion of sandy beaches (66 per cent) and Europe has the lowest (22 per cent). Beaches in Australia and Africa are experiencing more erosion than growth while Asia is experiencing the highest rate of overall growth.
- On July 19, 2018, ISRO signed contracts with three vendors to outsource Spacecraft Assembly Integration and Testing (AIT) activities to assemble _____ satellites by 2021?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.27
On July 19, 2018, ISRO signed contracts with three vendors to outsource Spacecraft Assembly Integration and Testing (AIT) activities. It is aimed at industry participation in satellite building activities. They will help ISRO assemble about 27 satellites over the next three years. The U R Rao Satellite Centre of ISRO has signed the agreements with Alpha Technologies Private Limited, Bengaluru, and its consortium partners; Bharat Electronics Limited, Bengaluru, and Tata Advanced Systems Limited, Hyderabad.
- On July 18, 2018, Combined Task Force (CTF 151) led by Commander Rear Admiral Saw Shi Tat of which Navy visited Indian Naval Ship Teg in Djibouti to carry out anti-piracy operations?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Singapore
On July 18, 2018, Combined Task Force (CTF 151) led by Commander Rear Admiral Saw Shi Tat of the Singapore Navy visited Indian Naval Ship Teg in Djibouti to carry out anti-piracy operations. The Indian Ambassador to Ethiopia, Anurag Srivastav, and Nalin Kothari, Consulate General, Djibouti, also visited the ship. Discussions on various aspects of anti-piracy operations including CTF 151 modus operandi were made. The Indian Navy has been participating in the anti-piracy operation by sending ships to Gulf of Aden.
- On July 17,2018, UNEP (UN Environment Programme) has announced that UN would partner with which software giant to monitor the impacts of human activity on global ecosystems by using sophisticated online tools?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Google
The partnership was launched during the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development at the UN headquarters in New York. The focus areas are on fresh-water ecosystems including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes. Other areas are: advocacy and capacity building activities. This would include partnership with European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC), ESA and NASA.
- On July 19, 2018, the International Cricket Council (ICC) released the latest ODI rankings and which Indian cricketer has topped with a score of 911 points a career high for him?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Virat Kohli
Top 5 Batting Rankings:
Player Rank Virat Kohli 1 Joe Root 2 Babar Azam 3 Rohit Sharma 4 David Warner 5
- On 18th July 2018, activist Rajmata Satvashila Devi Bhosle died due to a long term illness. Which state did she belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Maharashtra
Rajmata Satvashila Devi Bhosle was 83 years old. She belonged to the Konkan region in Maharashtra. She was the wife of the last King of the Sawantwadi Kingdom late Shivramraje Bhosle. Shivramraje Bhosle was coronated before the merger of the princely state into Union of India.
- ‘K-Tech Innovation Hub’ (K-TI Hub), the first of its kind in Karnataka was inaugurated by K J George, Karnataka Minister for IT/BT & ST, Large and Medium Scale Industries in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Belagavi
Minister for IT/BT and ST, Large and Medium Scale Industries, including Sugar, K.J. George inaugurated K-Tech Innovation Hub (K-TI Hubs) at Hanuman Nagar here. He went around the laboratories in the hub and interacted with resource persons. He said that the government decided to establish these facilities in tier II cities to leverage the existing manufacturing clusters and the local human resource available in the academic and industrial bodies.
- On 19th July 2018, which drug firm said that, it has received tentative approval from United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Tadalafil tablets, meant for treating erectile dysfunction and prostate gland enlargement?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Lupin
Drug firm Lupin said it has received tentative approval from the US health regulator for its Tadalafil tablets, indicated for treating erectile dysfunction and prostate gland enlargement. The clearance from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) is for marketing Tadalafil tablets in strengths of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg, in the US. The product is a generic version of Eli Lilly and the company’s Cialis tablets in the same strengths.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)?Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
- Where is Indravati National Park located?Chhattisgarh
- Who is the Director General of National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE)?Dr K Balaraman
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Jana Small Finance Bank?CEO: Ajay Kanwal; Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Who is the CEO and MD of Infosys?Salil Parekh
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification