AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 19 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The Maharashtra government has approved a revised policy of the ‘Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree’ scheme, according to which families who have a yearly income of up to Rs ________ lakh will be benefited.
1.Rs 3.5 lakh
2.Rs 4.5 lakh
3.Rs 5.5 lakh
4.Rs 6.5 lakh
5.Rs 7.5 lakh
Answer – 5.Rs 7.5 lakh
The scheme was launched by the Maharashtra state government on April 1, 2016 in place of ‘Sukanya’ scheme. According to the earlier provisions, the ‘Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree’ scheme catered to girls from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families and those whose annual income was up to Rs 1 lakh.
- In order to provide qualitative education to the students, which State Government has started Shala Siddhi Protsahan Yojana in 25000 schools of the state?
Answer – 1.Madhya Pradesh
In order to provide qualitative education to the students, ‘Hamari Shala Kaisi Ho’ and ‘Shala Siddhi Karyakram’ are being implemented by the School Education department in Government schools of the State. The State Education Centre has started Shala Siddhi Protasahan Yojana to encourage best works under this programme. The Shala Siddhi Prohatsan Yojana has been started in 25,000 schools of the State till date.
- On July 19, 2017, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik dedicated to the nation the state’s longest bridge and named it after:
4.Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer – 4.Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
The 2.88 km bridge over the river Kathajodi will connect the state capital of Bhubaneswar with Cuttack reducing the distance between the two cities by 12 km. Patnaik said he was delighted to name the state’s longest bridge after Netaji who was born and brought up in Cuttack.
- The administration of US President Donald Trump has imposed new economic sanctions against which country over a ballistic missile program?
Answer – 5.Iran
The US Departments of Treasury and State announced they are targeting 18 Iranian individuals, groups and networks. The restrictions ranged from a company that allegedly aided Iran’s drone program to a Turkey-based provider of naval equipment and a China-based network that provided electronics to Iran
- Which country has become the 35th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA), an initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November 2015 in Paris?
Answer – 1.Australia
The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of countries which are located completely or partly between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn. It was jointly launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and the then President of France Francois Hollande in November 2015 in Paris, on the side lines of COP21.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of Defence and Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited (GRSE) for financial year 2017-18. Headquarters of GRSE is located in:
Answer – 2.KolkataExplanation :
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Secretary (Defence Production) Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta on behalf of the Ministry of Defence and Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited (GRSE) Rear Adm (Retd) VK Saxena. The MoU details the targets and achievements expected on various performance indicators of the company during 2017-18.
- As per Government data released on July 18, 2017, India’s food grain production has increased by 8.7% to a record high ______ million tonne during 2016-17.
1.173.38 million tonne
2.273.38 million tonne
3.373.38 million tonne
4.473.38 million tonne
5.573.38 million tonne
Answer – 2.273.38 million tonne
India last had a record output in food grains of 265.04 million tonne during 2013-14. A record high output of grains, which contribute about 12.4% to the consumer inflation (CPI) basket, will increase supplies and moderate prices in coming months.
- According to Forbes Middle East, who among the following has topped a poll of the most powerful Arab womenin government this year?
4.Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi
Answer – 4.Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi
UAE Minister of State for Tolerance, Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi has topped a poll of the most powerful Arab women in government this year, according to Forbes Middle East. Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi was followed by two women from Egypt – Sahar Nasr, the country’s minister of investment and international cooperation, and Ghada Wali, the minister of social solidarity.
- On July 19, 2017, who among the following was appointed as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland?
5.C L John
Answer – 1.TR Zeliang
On July 19, 2017, Nagaland Governor PB Acharya dismissed the five-month-old government of Shurhozelie Liezietsu, and appointed Naga People’s Front (NPF) legislator, TR Zeliang as 19th Cheif Minister of Nagaland.
- Who among the following has been appointed bowling coach by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
Answer – 3.Bharat Arun
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Bharat Arun as the Indian Cricket team’s bowling coach until 2019 World Cup. Sanjay Bangar will be an assistant coach and R Sridhar will be fielding coach till the 2019 ODI World Cup.
- Navy of which country has recently tested the world’s first-ever active Laser Weapons System (LaWS)?
Answer – 2.US
U.S. Navy recently tested the world’s first-ever active Laser Weapons System (LaWS). It is $40 million system which is currently deployed on board the USS Ponce amphibious transport ship in the Persian Gulf.
- Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has launched a new mobile app, called ____________, that will negate the need to carry the physical Aadhaar card.
Answer – 4.mAadhaar
Users of this mAadhaar app will have all the demographic details of Aadhaar card in their smartphones. Information like name, date of birth, gender and address along with the user’s photograph (that is linked with Aadhaar card) will be available in the app.
- Ghost nets – fishing nets that have been lost, dumped or abandoned – have emerged as the greatest killers of the underwater ecosystem in the seas off:
Answer – 1.Kerala
According to NGO Friends of Marine Life, Ghost nets, among other fishing gear that are accidentally lowered into the depths, now pose a major threat to the natural habitat and breeding ground of underwater fish. Many of the underwater reefs identified with flourishing fish stock have either been destroyed or are threatened by the ‘stifling cover’ cast by ghost nets.
- 57th National Inter-State Championships was held from 15th– 18thJuly, 2017 in:
1.Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
Answer – 1.Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
Top Indian athletes, including several medal winners at the recent Asian Championships, participated in the 57th National Inter-State Athletics Championships. The four-day Championships, was the last chance for those athletes who are yet to attain the qualifying mark for the IAAF World Championships scheduled for August 4-13 in London
- Which state topped the overall team rankings at the 57th National Inter-State Championships?
Answer – 3.Kerala
Kerala emerged champions with 159 points at the 57th National Inter-State Championships that was held from 15th – 18th July, 2017 in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. Tamil Nadu finished second with 110 points followed by Haryana with 101 points in overall team rankings.
- Who among the following emerged as the best woman athlete at 57th National Inter-State Championships?
Answer – 4.Anu R.
Anu R. (400m, Kerala) emerged as the best woman athlete at 57th National Inter-State Championships with 1105 points. Davinder Singh Kang (Javelin Throw, Punjab) was the top athlete among men with 1127 points.
- Students from which country have won gold for Zhang Heng Engineering Design Award and bronze for Global Challenge Match at ‘FIRST Global’ Robotics Olympiad in Washing D.C., US?
Answer – 1.India
A group of seven Indian students has bagged two awards at a robotics Olympiad organised by ‘FIRST Global’ in Washing D.C., US.The students, who hail from Mumbai, won gold for Zhang Heng Engineering Design Award The Indian team also won a bronze for Global Challenge Match.There was a proud moment for all-girl team from Afghanistan as they won the Rajaa Cherkaoui El Moursli award for courageous achievement.
- On July 17, 2017, Francesco Totti, a football legend from _____ has confirmed his retirement
Answer – 3.Italy
Football legend Francesco Totti has confirmed his retirement from the game and announced he will become a director at Roma. Totti has played 786 matches for Roma in total, scoring a club-record 307 goals.
- Who among the following have won the under-15 boys and girls titles, respectively, in the Dutch Open Junior Squash Championships, in Amsterdam, Netherlands?
1.Neel Joshi and Shivani Shukla
2.Parthiv Naik and Ananya Dabke
3.Neel Joshi and Ananya Dabke
4.Parthiv Nail and Shivani Shukla
5.Neel Joshi and Anita Rajpal
Answer – 3.Neel Joshi and Ananya Dabke
Neel Joshi beat Khalil Alhassan of England 9-11, 11-4, 11-5, 11-6 in the boys final, while Dabke, won by 11-7, 11-4, 12-10 over Serena Daniel of the USA in the girls championship round.
- The first-ever Save Public Sector Banks Day (SPSBD), was celebrated on which date in India?
Answer – 1.19th July
The United Forum of Bank Unions has decided to observe 19th July as ‘Save public sector banks’ day. It is the 48th anniversary of nationalisation of major PSU banks. The Government of India (GoI) issued an ordinance and nationalized the 14 largest commercial banks with effect from the midnight of July 19, 1969.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.