Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state along with Andhra Pradesh, Justice Lokur is inaugurated the first e-court (paperless court) in the High Court of Judicature?
As a part of setting up a new milestone in the judicial system of India, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are the first states in the country where Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS)will be launched, Supreme Court Judge Madan B Lokur. Justice Lokur is also inaugurating the first e-court (paperless court) in the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- How much money spended by Government of India as its contribution to the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme?
A.Rs. 200 crore
B.Rs. 160 crore
C.Rs. 100 crore
D.Rs. 200 crore
Ans: C.Rs. 100 crore
Government of India liberated Rs. 100 crore as its contribution to the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme. This additional contribution is offered to those who enrolled before march 31,2016 as 50% of the user contribution with a cap value of Rs.1000. The APY is focused on all citizens in the unorganized sector.
- Which country along with Uttar Pradesh Government signed an Memorandum of Understanding in order to set up a new Skill Development Centre for Famers of UP?
This MoU ensures procedure about how modern techniques can be also used for better production of sugarcane, potato, dairy development and flowers apart from getting information of food processing. Following this declaration, Netherland is going to help out UP in several sectors such as solid waste management, urban development and infrastructure and water management, water supply.
- In order to control greenhouse emissions, Central Railway Ministry adopted the idea in all railway buildings across India. What is it?
Ans: D.Solar panels
With focus to curb greenhouse emissions Central Railway Ministry adopted the idea of installing solar panels in all railway buildings across India. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu ( Rajya Shaba – Andhra Pradesh constituency) unveiled this new idea of solar power installation in order to produce more energy and also to cut the emissions.
- How many Indian heritage sites of Historical importance is announced for the first time by World Heritage Committee?
For the first time World Heritage Committee (WHC) announced the adding of three new Indian heritage sites of Historical importance to the World Heritage List by the WHC . They are Khangchendzonga National Park (KNP)- Sikkim, Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University)- Bihar and The Capital Complex in Chandigarh.
- Which musician has named as an Artist for Peace by the United Nations cultural agency UNESCO?
Ans: C.Kudsi Erguner
The United Nations cultural agency UNESCO has named musician Kudsi Erguner, as an Artist for Peace in recognition of his efforts to promote the universal values of music, his contribution to the protection of musical heritage. The appointment comes in a ceremony was held at the Congress Center in the Turkish capital, Istanbul, of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee.
- Which country’s Cabinet has approved India’s proposal to simplify the extradition process on July 18?
Sheikh Hasina led Bangladesh Cabinet has approved India’s proposal to simplify the extradition process on July 18. This extradition treaty between Bangladesh and India took effect on October 23, 2013. This approval follows by a proposed amendment to an existing extradition treaty with India, thereby alleviating legal formalities to repatriate wanted criminals in their respective countries.
- Asia Europe meeting (ASEM) Summit in its 11th session signed the Ulaanbaatar Declaration on July 16 by which place?
With objectives to resolve the fight against the terrorism, Asia Europe meeting (ASEM) Summit in its 11th session signed the Ulaanbaatar Declaration on July 16 at Mongolia. Heads of State and Government from ASEM partner countries, the President of the European Council, the President of the European Commission and the Secretary-General of ASEAN gathered in Mongolian summit to conclude this declaration.
- Which Insurance announced a partnership with Nainital Bank for distribution of its products and also to provide life insurance solutions to the customers of the bank?
A.Bajaj Allianz Life
B.Birla Sun Life
C.Bharti AXA Life
Ans: Bajaj Allianz Life
IndiaFirst Life Insurance announced a partnership with Nainital Bank for distribution of its products and also to provide life insurance solutions to the customers of the bank and enhance our distribution footprint in northern India. IndiaFirst Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and Legal and General (UK).
- Who concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Swaziland?
B.Rudra Gaurav Shresth
Ans: B.Rudra Gaurav Shresth
IFS officer Rudra Gaurav Shresth presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mozambique has been concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Swaziland, with residence in Mozambique. He is IFS officer of 1999 batch also the current High Commissioner of India to Mozambique.
- Who resigned recently from the Upper House at a time speculations were rife that he might join the AAP party?
A.Navjot Singh Sidhu
Ans: A.Navjot Singh Sidhu
Cricketer-turned- BJP leader in Punjab, Navjot Singh Sidhu resigned from the Upper House at a time speculations were rife that he might join the AAP party. Sidhu’s wife Navjot Kaur, who is a lawmaker in Punjab, is also set to resign. She had announced her resignation on Facebook earlier but changed her mind. The eminent commentator was nominated to the Rajya Sabha in April this year.
- Which India’s leading FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) has acquired South Africa-based manufacturing and trading cosmetic company Discaria Trading Ltd on July 14?
By acquiring 100% stakes of this south African cosmetic company, this becomes the fully owned subsidiary of India based Dabur company. Currently Dabur have manufacturing points in Nigeria and Egypt to serve the needs of the North and East African countries. With this acquittal of South African company, now Dabur is entering the highly formulistic South African market.
- Which SpaceX rocket blasted off from Florida to direct a cargo ship to the International Space Station?
Ans: A.Falcon 9
SpaceX rocket blasted off from Florida to direct a cargo ship to the International Space Station, then returned around and landed itself at the launch site. California-based Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies or SpaceX developed the 23-story-tall Falcon 9 rocket, lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- Which Indian Tennis Star defeated Hong Chung by a 3-6 6-4 6-4 to win against Chung his 10 th Davis Cup Singles win?
Ans: D.Rohan Bopanna
Indian Tennis Star Rohan Bopanna defeated Hong Chung by a 3-6 6-4 6-4 to win against Chung his 10 th Davis Cup Singles win. This happened before Yong-Kyu Lim prevented a Korean whitewash with a gritty win over Ramkumar Ramanathan in the Davis Cup Asia\Oceania Group I tie on.
- Which date is observed as Nelson Mandela International Day every year by which remembering working towards conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation?
Ans: B.July 18
Mandela was born in Transkei, South Africa, on July 18, in 1918. He is one of the eminent anti-apartheid activists in the home country. He was prisoned in 1964 for leading the liberation movement against apartheid and for his stance on the human right to live in freedom. The day remembers Mandela’s achievements in working towards conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation.