AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 17 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 16th July 2018, Union Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stone for National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) at Barang, in ______ , to be established at a cost of Rs 160 crore?
1.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bhubhaneswar, Odisha
The National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) is developed with an aim to meet the increasing demands for skilled manpower. The NSTI will be developed on an area of 5 acres. It will feature advanced facilities to present skill development courses to the trainers and assessors. Candidates will be trained with new age courses to meet the needs of the industry. NSTI will function under the Directorate General of Training (DGT). It will have training activities like Trainers Training (Long term/Short term), Refresher Training and Re-skilling/Up skilling courses.
- India’s first Defence Incubator will come up in T-Hub in which city as proposed by the Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Hyderabad
It has been proposed by the Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao. It will be coming up in the phase 2 of T-hub. It will give boost to Indian Defence and aerospace research and industry. It will be built under the Ministry’s Innovation for Defence Exellence (iDEX) scheme. Under the scheme research in the fields of Aerospace & Defence by MSMEs, start-ups, research institutions, educational institutions are to be funded.
- On July 17, 2018, where did the National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation, NMDFC, organize a workshop on financial management?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
The workshop had the heads of states for NMDFC. Minority affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announced that awareness programmes will be run by the institution. NMDFC provides financial assistance by giving loans to minorities at affordable interest rate. It has over 6 lakh 37 thousand beneficiaries for various programmes.
- On July 14, 2018, Union Home minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the largest Indian visa centre in the world in _____?
3.Colombo, Sri Lanka
4.Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dhaka, Bangladesh
This was inaugurated in the presence of Home Minister of Bangladesh Asaduzzaman Khan. The Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC) covers 18,500 sq ft. commercial area at Jamuna Future Park in Dhaka. This will replace the existing centres in Dhaka in two phases and would help in reducing waiting time for applicants.
- On July 17,2018, Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chaired 2nd India-Bahrain High Joint Commission with her counterpart Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa in _____?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Manama, Bahrain
On July 17,2018, MEA Sushma Swaraj met co-chaired 2nd India-Bahrain High Joint Commission with her counterpart Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa at Gudaibiya Palace in Manama. The first meeting of the High Joint Commission (HJC) was held in New Delhi in February 2015. Issues of trade, investment and counter-terror cooperation were discussed in the joint commission.
- On 16th July 2018, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, co-chaired the 8th session of India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) along with Minister of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy of Oman,Dr. Ali bin Masoud Al Sunaidy, in _____?
2.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Muscat, Oman
Suresh Prabhu invited Omani companies to invest in India and benefit from ‘Make in India’ and ‘Invest India’ programmes that aim to promote manufacturing. He said that India and Oman are interested to collaborate in energy, health, business, finance and investments, infrastructure, travel and tourism sectors. Discussions were held on: cooperation in space, renewable energy, start-up, SMEs, food security, including durable foods and packaging, services sector, tourism sector, exchange of ideas and visit of young entrepreneurs.
- On July 17, 2018, which bank announced that it would unveil the 7th edition of ‘Transformation Series Challenge’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Yes Bank
It has partnered with 12 global leaders like Microsoft, Cisco, IBM and Adobe for the collaboration. The theme is ‘Tech for Urban Development’. It will focus on Collaborative Innovation – Collaboration as a Service (CaaS) for harnessing innovative solution from young professionals for issues of national importance. CaaS is an extension of the bank’s ART (alliances and relationships driven by technology) philosophy.
- On July 17, 2018, According to the World Economic Outlook (WEO) update, The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut India’s growth projection by 0.1 percentage point for 2018-19. It now predicts India’s GDP growth to be ____ %?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.7.3
It now predicts the GDP growth to be 7.3%. This was done due to the high oil price rise. The economy was projected to grow 7.8 per cent by 2019-20 which is now cut to 7.5%.India still remains the fastest-growing economy among large nations in 2018-19 and 2019-20. India grew by 6.7% in FY2017-18.
- On July 17, 2018, which entity signed an MOU with Swedish firm SAAB to market air-surveillance radar?
1.Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
2.Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3.Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL)
4.Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL)
On July 17, 2018, Defence manufacturer Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL) signed an MOU with Swedish firm SAAB to market air-surveillance radar. This would be jointly manufactured by the two companies. This would be helpful for early detection and tracking of air and surface targets. The radar would be offered in both ship-borne and land-based configurations. It would also have latest signal processing techniques.
- Which software firm has announced that, it had signed a partnership with French energy company Total to develop a digital innovation centre in India?
3.Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
The digital innovation centre will be based in Pune. It will focus on the use of digital technologies to enhance various aspects of the refining business. The partnership will be based on the TCS concept of “entrepreneurship-in-residence”. Total will work with technology and domains experts of TCS.
- Name the Wrestling Federation of India president who would be named the Chef de Mission of the Asian Games-bound Indian contingent?
3.Narinder Dhruv Batra
4.Brij Bhushan Saran Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Brij Bhushan Saran Singh
The 4 deputy Chefs de Mission to be appointed are:
• B S Kushwaha(former secretary of Indian Kayaking and Canoeing Federation)
• R K Sacheti(Executive Director of Boxing Federation of India
• D K Singh(Uttarakhand Olympic Association)
• Colonel R K Swain(Secretary of Equestrian Federation of India)
- On 16th July 2018, _____ said that, it has acquired Zopper Retail, in a move to increase its offline business?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.PhonePe
The terms of the acquisition were not revealed. Zopper co-founder and CEO Neeraj Jain will join PhonePe as Head of Product, Offline Merchant Solutions. Zopper Retail is a hyper local Point of Sale (PoS) platform for small and medium businesses. ‘Zopper Assure’, a business unit of Zopper that provides extended warranty solutions, is outside the deal. It will continue to function as a separate entity. PhonePe’s transaction ecosystem involves in-app, online and offline merchants. It said that, investing in the growth of digital transactions at offline merchant locations is a very important part of its strategy.
- On 16th July 2018, which drug firm said that, it has received approval from the United Kingdom’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (UK MHRA) for its Goa facility?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Lupin
Lupin’s Goa facility was inspected by the United Kingdom’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (UK MHRA) in March 2018. Lupin had said that, this approval is a major development for its Goa plant.
- On 16th July 2018, which institute launched a remotely operable microscope worth Rs. 40 crore, claimed to be the world’s first remotely operable Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) microscope, which will allow precise view of atoms of a material?
1.Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc)
2.Birla Institute of Technology
3.Raman Research Institute
4.Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M)
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M)
The Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) has been developed by the collaboration 8 major research institutions in India. It was headed by IIT-M. IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Ropar, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) contributed Rs. 2 crore each for the project. Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) contributed Rs. 3 crore. Remaining funds were from the Department of Science and Technology’s ‘Nano-mission’.
- On 17th July 2018, India has improved one spot and has reached the ____ position in the men’s hockey world rankings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.5th
Country Rank Points Australia 1 1906 Argentina 2 1883 Belgium 3 1709 Netherlands 4 1654 India 5 1484 Germany 6 1456
- Who is the first Indian track athlete to win gold medal in a world championship across all age groups, by bagging gold medal in the women’s 400 metre event at the IAAF World U20 Championships, in Tampere, Finland?
1.Aruna Budda Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Hima Das
On 12th July 2018, India’s Hima Das bagged gold medal in the women’s 400 metre event at the IAAF World U20 Championships. Hima Das has become the first Indian track athlete to win gold medal in a world championship across all age groups. She registered a time of 51.46 seconds in the finals. Romania’s Andrea Miklos won silver medal with a personal best time of 52.07 seconds. United States’ Taylor Manson registered a timing of 52.28 and finish in third position. Earlier, javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra had won gold medal in Poland in the 2016 edition with a world record.
- Which country has topped the 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index, published recently by Portland and the University of Southern California Center on Public Diplomacy?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.United Kingdom
The UK has topped an annual global ranking of nations’ soft power, with France placed second on the list of 30 countries which does not feature India. The 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index, published last week by UK-based strategic communications consultancy firm Portland and the University of Southern California Center on Public Diplomacy, ranked Germany as third followed by the US. India does not figure on the list, but this year’s report also features a chapter dedicated solely to Asia, listing 10 countries in the region, ranking India’s soft power as eighth.
- NASA’s Juno spacecraft using its Jovian InfraRed Auroral Mapper (JIRAM) instrument has discovered a volcano close to the south pole of Jupiter’s moon ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Io
Data collected by NASA’s Juno spacecraft using its Jovian InfraRed Auroral Mapper (JIRAM) instrument point to a new heat source close to the south pole of Io that could indicate a previously undiscovered volcano on the small moon of Jupiter. The infrared data were collected on Dec. 16, 2017, when Juno was about 290,000 miles (470,000 kilometers) away from the moon.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) headquartered in Monaco?Sebastian Coe
- Who is the President of International Hockey Federation (FIH)?Dr. Narinder Dhruv Batra
- What is the tag line of Yes Bank?Experience our Expertise
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of State Bank of India (SBI)?Chairman – Rajnish Kumar; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Who is the CEO of PhonePe?Sameer Nigam