AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 16 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following railway station in Mumbai has become India’s first railway station run by women?
1.Vashi Railway Station
2.Matunga Railway Station
3.Kalyan Railway Station
4.Bandra Railway Station
5.Andheri Railway Station
Answer – 2.Matunga Railway Station
In a bid to empower women, Central Railway has appointed all women staff at suburban Matunga railway station, thereby making it India’s first railway station run by women. A formal event to mark all women railway station will be held soon. A total of 30 women staffers, including 11 booking clerks, five Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel, seven ticket checkers are working under the supervision of station manager Mamta Kulkarni since last two weeks.
- Nar Bahadur Bhandari, who passed away on July 16, 2017, was the former Chief Minister of:
Answer – 4.Sikkim
Born in 1940 at Malbasey in West Sikkim, Mr. Bhandari was a teacher in a government school before he joined active politics. He became the Chief Minister of Sikkim for the first time in 1979 on a Janata Parishad ticket and then again in 1984 and 1989 on a Sikkim Sangram Parishad ticket.
- On July 15, 2017, government launched a Goods and Services Tax (GST) training programme to skill around how many youths in six months to handle tax compliance issues like invoice making?
1.2 lakh youths
2.4 lakh youths
3.6 lakh youths
4.8 lakh youths
5.10 lakh youths
Answer – 1.2 lakh youths
Youth would be trained under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). The new training course would cater to the need of GST trained professionals to help businesses in areas such as registration and calculation of tax liability under the new tax regime
- Minister of State for External Affairs, MJ Akbar said the government is working on a vision to set up one passport centre in every __________ km range in the country in future.
Answer – 4.50 km
Mr. M J Akbar said Passport is a right. It is not a gift. He said as per “Prime Minister Narendra Modi and MEA minister Sushma Swaraj’s vision to reach out passport facilities to the common man, one passport centre will come up in every 50 km range in future.
- Falun Gong, the ancient Chinese holistic system that is banned in China, was celebrated in India on:
Answer – 4.15th July
Falun Gong, the ancient Chinese holistic system that is banned in China, was celebrated in India on July 15 with a parade and Human Word Formation in the capital. Organisers of the event, Falun Dafa Association of India, which has been teaching Falun Gong in India, said the event would highlight the persecution against the practitioners in China
- Which among the following is the only India city get featured in the ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’list compiled by famous magazine ‘Travel + Leisure’ (T+L)?
Answer – 1.Udaipur
Udaipur in Rajasthan has featured in the ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’ list compiled by famous magazine ‘Travel + Leisure’ (T+L). The list has been topped by a Mexican City, San Miguel de Allende. Udaipur is the only Indian city to get featured in this list.
- On July 14, 2017, which among the following country renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea?
Answer – 2.Indonesia
Seen by analysts as an assertion of Indonesian sovereignty, part of the renamed sea is claimed by China under its contentious maritime boundary, known as the ‘nine-dash line’, that encompasses most of the resource-rich sea.
- Which Digital payments company has entered into partnership with Samsung Pay, under which consumers will be able to make payments with a single tap using select Samsung handsets?
Answer – 3.MobiKwik
As part of the tie-up, MobiKwik wallet is now integrated with Samsung Pay Mini to enable one-tap payments at more than 1.4 million MobiKwik-powered merchants across the country. MobiKwik’s mobile wallet will also be available soon to Samsung Pay users.
- Who among the following has won the Best Actress Award at International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) 2017?
Answer – 5.Alia Bhatt
IFA Awards 2017, officially known as 18th International Indian Film Academy Awards ceremony was held on 14–15 July 2017 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, USA. Alia Bhatt won the Best Actress Award for playing the role of a migrant girl trapped in a drug lord’s house in film ‘Udta Punjab’. Shahid Kapoor won the Best Actor Award for playing Tommy Singh, a Punjabi rockstar struggling with a drug addiction in the film ‘Udta Punjab’.
- Who among the following has been appointed as member of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
2.Sushant Kumar Panda
4.Pranab Kumar Das
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
Senior bureaucrat John Joseph and three other officials have been appointed as members in the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved appointment of Sushant Kumar Panda, Ameeta Suri, Pranab Kumar Das and Joseph as the new members. All of them are officers of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise).
- Who among the following has been appointed as brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC)?
Answer – 2.Bilal Dar
Bilal Dar, an 18-year-old ragpicker who earns his living by picking up waste from the Wular Lake in Bandipora district of north Kashmir, has been appointed brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC). For almost five years now, Dar, a resident of Laharwarpora of Bandipora district, has been removing plastic trash from the lake and selling it for around Rs 150-200 per day.
- Scientists have discovered a unique new species of hermit crab that measures merely 70 millimetres in length and sports a colouration of mottled orange nuanced with cream to white. This new species was discovered in 2013 off:
1.West Coast of Australia
2.East Coast of Sri Lanka
3.West Coast of South Africa
4.East Coast of Japan
5.South Coast of China
Answer – 3.West Coast of South Africa
The newly discovered crustacean is called Paragiopagurus atkinsonae or the ‘Green-eyed hermit crab’. Much like other hermit crabs in its family, the little crustacean does not use the shells of other molluscs to shelter its vulnerable body, but rather finds a home in the soft, polypy masses built from sand and material created by sea anemones.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has formed a four-member committee to take a call on the assistant coaches for the national cricket team. Who among the following is NOT a part of this committee?
Answer – 5.Ravi Shastri
The four member committee includes President CK Khanna, acting Secretary Amitabh Choudhary, CEO Rahul Johri and Committee of Administrators member Diana Edulji. This committee will look into the whole aspect of appointing the support staff and then also decide the financial terms of their appointment. The Cricket Advisory Committee’s decision to appoint Rahul Dravid as batting consultant and Zaheer Khan as bowling consultant for overseas tour will be revisited.
- Which Indian Squash player has won Victorian Open Title?
1.Harinder Pal Sandhu
Answer – 1.Harinder Pal Sandhu
Harinder Pal Sandhu continued his fine run by winning a second title in two weeks, beating top-seed Rex Hedrick of Australia 12-14, 11-3, 11-4, 11-7 in a 77-minute final of Victorian Open squash, a PSA Tour event, in Melbourne on July 16, 2017.
- On July 15, 2017, who among the following won a gold medal in men’s 5000m race on the opening day of the National Inter-State Athletics Championships?
Answer – 2.Govindan Lakshmanan
Lakshmanan, representing Tamil Nadu, won the men’s 5000m event, clocking 14:07.76. Uttarakhand’s Man Singh (14:20.50) and Kalidas Hirave (14:24.91) of Maharashtra were in second and third positions respectively.
- Maryam Mirzakhani, who passed away on July 15, 2017, was an Iran-born:
Answer – 3.Mathematician
Maryam Mirzakhani, an Iranian-born mathematician who was the first woman to win the coveted Fields Medal, has died in a US hospital after a battle with cancer. She was 40. Mirzakhani, a professor at Stanford University in California, died after the cancer she had been battling for four years spread to her bone marrow. In 2014 Mirzakhani won the Fields Medal, the equivalent of the Nobel Prize for mathematics, which is awarded by the International Congress of Mathematicians.
- Former glamour model Katie Price has unveiled the cover for her next novel titled ______________, which will be available later this year.
1.”Playing With Fire”
2.”Playing With Water”
3.“Fire and Ice”
4.“Fire and Water”
5.”Fire and Sand”
Answer – 1.”Playing With Fire”
The novel follows the story of a 27-year-old events manager named Indigo, who falls for restaurant entrepreneur Connor after she is tasked with planning the opening of his new Shoreditch nightclub
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.