AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 14 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 13, 2018, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a multimedia exhibition organised by Regional Outreach Bureau of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) in _____?
3.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
4.Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Puri, Odisha
On July 13,2018, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a multimedia exhibition organised by Regional Outreach Bureau of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) in Puri, Odisha. This would be an exhibition showcasing all the schemes launched in 48 months (4 years) by PM Narendra Modi. The exhibition is taking place at Saradhabali near Bholanath Vidyapith in Puri.
- On 14th July 2018, where was the Ratha Yatra, the Festival of Chariot: Chariots of Lord Jagannath celebrated?
4.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Puri, Odisha
The festival describes Jagannath’s annual visit to Gundicha Temple via Mausi Maa Temple (aunt’s home) near Balagandi Chaka, Puri. The deity of Jagannath, his elder brother Balabhadra and younger sister Subhadra are taken out in a procession to Gundicha Temple and remain there for nine days. The return journey of Puri Jagannath Ratha Yatra is known as Bahuda Yatra.
- On July 13,2018, Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Dev Vrat inaugurated 69th Van Mahotsava celebrations at _____ near Shimla?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ganevag (Nehra)
This campaign has been jointly organized by the forest department and State Red Cross Society, Shimla. Under this campaign, over 5000 saplings were planted. The Governor planted saplings of Deodar on the occasion. It was announced that every citizen should plant saplings on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.
- On July 13,2018, Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI) launched a digital campaign, ThinkForHealth, calling for ideas to improve access to healthcare in India, with partnership of which state government?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Telangana
On July 13,2018, Industry body Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI) launched a digital campaign, ThinkForHealth, calling for ideas to improve access to healthcare in india. The initiative has been launched with partnership of Telangana government. This will provide a platform for young minds and social and health-tech entrepreneurs to share their ideas on the topics mentioned and 3 winners would be chosen and their ideas would be heard. Through this initiative Telangana govt intends to make Hyderabad a bio-pharmaceutical innovation hub under Make in India campaign.
- When did Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar inaugurate Goa IT Day celebrations in Panaji, Goa?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.July 14
On July 14 2018 ,Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar inaugurated Goa IT Day celebrations in Panaji, Goa. Goa CM has showed his gratitude that Goa became an IT destination and it will create path to large number of graduates who searching opportunities out of state.
- On July 13, 2018, which country has unveiled 64-antenna MeerKAT, a powerful radio telescope, part of an international project that scientists say will provide new details on the Milky Way and other galaxies?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.South Africa
They are releasing the “clearest view yet” of the centre of our galaxy through this telescope. It is known as the 64-antenna MeerKAT, which was completed after a decade of design and construction. The Square Kilometere Array or SKA telescope had support from various countries like Canada, China, India, Italy, Britain, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands and New Zealand. It has a radio telescope site in Australia as well as in South Africa.
- UN chief Antonio Guterres has established a panel on digital cooperation aimed to deal with the “dark side” of digital innovation like cyberwarfare and proliferation of hate speech. He named ______ as the executive director of the panel’s secretariat?
1.Amandeep Singh Gill
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Amandeep Singh Gill
He named senior Indian diplomat Amandeep Singh Gill as the executive director of the panel’s secretariat. Gill is India’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva. The high-level panel has been co-chaired by Jack Ma, the co-founder of the Chinese technology and e-commerce giant Ali Baba, and Melinda Gates, the wife of Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This panel has totally 20 members and includes leaders from industry, civil society and academia. It would also address the inequalities among countries as well as segments of societies within nations, especially through adapting technological innovations.
- On July 14, 2018, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) is likely to partner with which state government to build the Rs 2,000 crore Dholera airport project?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gujarat
A proposal to this effect has already been moved to the Civil Aviation ministry by DICDL that is yet to be approved by AAI. Equity participation between AAI and government of Gujarat will be 51% and 49%, respectively. The airport at the biggest upcoming greenfield city in India under the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project at Dholera will be built over four years.
- ____ Metro Rail Limited launched Peters Inn, India’s first exquisite air-conditioned bed space dormitory, on 13thJuly 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Kochi
It was inaugurated by Kochi’s Mayor Soumini Jain. It has 200 bed air-conditioned cabins with 40 toilets. The fully air-conditioned rooms are equipped with locker facility, free WiFi, round-the-clock check-in and check-out facility and security cameras. The daily rent for the bed space is Rs.395.
- Who has overtaken Alibaba Group’s Jack Ma to become Asia’s richest person?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mukesh Ambani
Ambani was estimated to be worth $44.3 billion with Reliance Industries Ltd. rising 1.6 percent to a record 1,099.8 rupees while Ma’s total net worth was at $44 billion. Reliance is India’s largest payer of Goods and Services Tax (GST), Excise and Customs Duty, and Income Tax in the private sector. Ambani launched advanced fiber-based broadband connectivity service called JioGigaFibre and JioGigaTV, a set-top box with ability to play videos at 4k resolution.
- On July 12,2018, 2 Indian-origin technology executives ______ have made it to the Forbes’ list of America’s 60 richest self-made women?
1.Susheela Jayapal, Sarayu Kumar
2.Jayshree Ullal, Neerja Sethi
3.Surya Devarra, Julia Jacob
4.Samantha Prathik, Rajshree
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jayshree Ullal, Neerja Sethi
Ullal is ranked 18th in the list of 60 self-made womenShe has a net worth of 1.3 billion dollars. Ullal (57), born in London and raised in India, has been president and CEO of Arista Networks, a computer networking firm, since 2008. The publicly-traded company recorded revenues of USD 1.6 billion in 2017. She owns about five per cent of Arista’s stock.
- On July 13,2018, Metals and Mining company Vedanta Ltd. has re-appointed _____ as a Whole time Director?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Navin Agarwal
On July 13,2018, Metals and Mining company Vedanta Ltd. has re-appointed Navin Agarwal as a Whole time Director. This appointment is for another five-year period starting from August 1, 2018 and is subjected to stakeholders’ approval. The company also announced that he has been re-elected as chairman of the company as well with effect from August 1, 2018.
- On July 13,2018 who was appointed by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd (HSBC) as the head of investment banking for HSBC India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Amitabh Malhotra
On July 13,2018 The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd (HSBC) had appointed Amitabh Malhotra as the head of investment banking for HSBC India. He will lead the Investment Banking and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) business. Previously, he has worked at Rothschild India.
- Chelsea football club has appointed _____ as their new manager on a three-year deal and replaces Antonio Conte?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Maurizio Sarri
Chelsea has appointed Italian Maurizio Sarri as their new manager on a three-year deal and replaces Antonio Conte. The 59-year-old former Napoli head coach becomes Roman Abramovich’s ninth full-time manager in his 15 years as owner less than 24 hours after Conte parted company with the club he led to a league title and the FA Cup in his two years there.
- On July 13,2018, the first-ever 3-D, colour X-ray on a human was done by 2 New Zealand scientists named Phil and Anthony Butler (father and son). This was done using CERN’s imaging technology called _____ in its lab?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Medipix
This consisted of using a technique that improves the field of medical diagnostics. The new device, based on the traditional black-and-white X-ray, incorporates particle-tracking technology of CERN. It works like a camera detecting and counting individual sub-atomic particles as they collide with pixels while its shutter is open. This allows for high-resolution, high-contrast pictures. According to the CERN, the images very clearly show the difference between bone, muscle and cartilage and the position and size of cancerous tumours.
- On July 11, 2018, international journal Ecological Engineering published that climate change is threatening the Nilgiri tahr. Nilgiri tahr is the state animal of ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tamil Nadu
On July 11, 2018, international journal Ecological Engineering published that climate change is threatening the Nilgiri tahr. According to the study, 60% of the population of the goat could be lost from 2030. The population in Chinnar, Eravikulam and Parambikulam is still strong enough to withstand the climate change but those of Tamil Nadu’s Kalakkad tiger reserve and wildlife sanctuaries if Peppara, Neyyar etc could experience habitat loss. The study puts emphasis on conservation measure and management for the habitat.
- On July 14, 2018, Kanu Gohain died after a brief illness at the age of 68 at Medanta Hospital in Gurugram. He was former _____?
1.Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
2.Finance Minister of Haryana
3.Director General of Intelligence Bureau
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
On July 14, 2018, Former Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Kanu Gohain died after a brief illness at the age of 68 at Medanta Hospital in Gurugram. He is survived by two sons. He was the last technocrat to head the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), retired from services in 2008. After retirement, he became a director on the board of Indamer, an MRO company.
- On July 14, 2018, Kalpesh Yagnik died after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 55 at Indore. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.journalist
On July 14, 2018, Senior journalist Kalpesh Yagnik died after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 55 at Indore. He was the group editor of popular Hindi daily ‘Dainik Bhaskar’. He is survived by his mother, wife and two daughters.
- On July 14, 2018, Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation _____, launched ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen’ 2018, a survey of rural cleanliness programme, to rank all districts and states on the basis of qualitative and quantitative evaluation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Parameswaran Iyer
On July 14, 2018, Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Shri Parameswaran Iyer, launched ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen’ 2018, a survey of rural cleanliness programme, to rank all districts and states on the basis of qualitative and quantitative evaluation. Top performing states and districts will be awarded on October 2. An independent survey agency will conduct the survey in all districts from 1st to 31st August 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The festival Bali Jatra is celebrated in which state?Odisha
- Where is Champaner-Pavagarh Archeological Park, a UNESCO heritage site located?Gujarat
- Which Indian city is nick named “City of Rallies”?New Delhi
- Which state houses the Bhakhra Dam?Himachal Pradesh
- What is the tag line of Bank of India?Relationships beyond banking