Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Union Government approved the revised plan for Punatsangchchu-II Hydroelectric project in which country to provide excess power to our country?
D.SingaporeAns: C. Bhutan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Union Cabinet gave its approval for the revision of cost estimation for of the Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project in Bhutan.
- Union Government approved revitalization of inoperative Fertilizer units in which of the following states in India?
A.Bihar, Uttarakhand and West Bengal
B.Bihar, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand
C.Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
D.Jharkhand, Rajasthan and BiharAns: C.Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
The Union Cabinet headed by Shri. Narendra Modi has approved to revitalize the inoperative Fertilizers Units in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Fertilizer Corporation India Ltd – Jharkhand, Hindusthan Fertilizers Corporation Ltd –Bihar & Fertilizers Corporation India Ltd – Uttar Pradesh.
- Shah Rukh Khan launched Tennis Player Sania Mirza’s autobiography named as ___________ in Hyderabad which was published by Harpercollins.
A.Success against odds
B.Ace against Difficulties
C.Victory against odds
D.Ace against OddsAns: D.Ace against Odds
Bollywood’s star Shah Rukh Khan launched tennis star Sania Mirza’s the autobiography, Ace against Odds, in Hyderabad. The book Published by Harpercollins, is made available on stands in all major bookstores across the country.
- Which Navy base commissioned in Visakhapatnam for its Special Operation Forces – MARCOS by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba?
D.INS MaitreeAns: A.INS Karna
Indian Navy launched a dedicated base for its Special Operation Forces – MARCOS (Marine Commandos) named INS Karna was commissioned in Visakhapatnam by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- Which Country made the fastest train in the country at a speed of 180 Km/hr by covering 84 km in 38 minutes on pilot basis?
Spanish-made Talgo is the fastest train in the country by clocking a speed of 180 km/hr by covering 84 km in 38 minutes in a trial conducted by Railways on Mathura-Palwal route, surpassing the record of Gatimaan Express whose speed is 160 km/hr.
- Which Agent has signed a deal to merger its business with the NASDAQ listed Terrapin 3 Acquisition Corporation?
E-travel agent Yatra has signed a deal to merger its business with the Nasdaq-listed Terrapin 3 Acquisition Corporation (TRTL).
- Who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the National Intelligence Grid by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
D.Mahesh PatnaikAns: C.Ashok Patnaik
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed senior IPS officer Ashok Patnaik as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID).
- Which Airline company gained the first position according to a survey of millions of airline passengers conducted by Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016?
D.Cathay PacificAns: A.Emirates
The world’s best airline for this year is Emirates, according to a survey of millions of airline passengers conducted by Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016. This is the fourth time Emirates has won the top accolade since inception.
- Which airline carrier announced an agreement with European plane maker Airbus to buy 7 A320neos in a deal worth about $7.7 billion?
India’s fifth-biggest carrier GoAir announced an agreement with European plane maker Airbus to buy 72 A320neos in a deal worth about $7.7 billion.
- Which of the following Indian Philanthropist is not listed in the Forbes Heroes of Philanthropy List 2016?
D.Gaur SekarAns: D.Gaur Sekar
This list comprises of the people from 13 countries, which accounts for 40 philanthropists. Indians among these 40 in the list are:-
Vineet and Anupama Nayar, founders of the Sampark Foundation, Adar Poonawalla, CEO of Serum Institute of India, Bain India CEO Amit Chandra and his wife Archana Chandra & CEO of Jai Vakeel Foundation.
- The Supreme Court of India restored the Chief Minister rule in which State Government spelled out by the Union government in January 2016?
D.Arunachal PradeshAns: D.Arunachal Pradesh
The Supreme Court of India on 13th July restored the Congress-led Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh spelled out by the Centre in January.
- Which State has launched SV.CO startup, World’s first digital student incubator, as a digital makeover of the Startup Village?
Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan has launched SV.CO, ostensibly world’s first digital student incubator, as a digital makeover of the Startup Village in Kochi.
- Air Carrier VISTARA tied up with which bank to release a contactless Vistara Credit Card using VISA Platform?
D.State Bank of IndiaAns: C.Axis Bank
Guragon based India’s fastest developing air carrier “VISTARA” tied up with AXIS bank to release a contactless VISTARA credit card using VISA platform.
- In order to develop the important Irrigation and Drainage Management system in the Cauvery Delta of Tamil Nadu has signed with which bank estimates around $100 million?
B.Asian Development Bank
C.Reserve Bank of India
D.BRICS BankAns: B.Asian Development Bank
In order to fortify and develop the important Irrigation and Drainage management system in the Cauvery Delta of Tamil nadu, GOI AND ADB has signed a pact on July 14 which estimates around $100 million (670 Crores approx.).
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India has chosen how many venture funds to invest in Startups as defines under the Startup India Action Plan?
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has chosen eight venture funds to invest in startups as defined under the Startup India Action Plan and will support them with a corpus amount of Rs 428 crore.
- Which Bank has opened its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) to meet the requirements of offshore banking?
D.None of the aboveAns: C.IndusInd Bank
Mumbai based Indian new generation lender IndusInd Bank has opened its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) to meet the requirements of offshore banking.
- Which Operation has been executed by South Sudan leading the Government to evacuate over 600 Indians stranded in the war-trapped African Country?
D.None of the AboveAns: A.Sankat Mochan
VK Singh, Minister of State for External Affairs left for South Sudan leading the government’s Operation Sankat Mochan’ to evacuate over 600 Indians stranded in the war-trapped African country.