AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 13 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 12,2018, The First Meeting of Sub-Group of Chief Ministers on coordination between Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and Agriculture was held at NITI Aayog. Name the convener of the sub-group?
2.Shivraj Singh Chouhan
3.H D Kumaraswamy
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Discussions on 5 critical areas of:
• reducing the cost of cultivation,
• enhancing the production through efficient use of water or other inputs,
• providing remunerative price to farmers by incentivizing aggregation and market infrastructure,
• rehabilitation of agricultural land and assets after natural hazards or re-plantation using MGNREGA fund ,
• bringing diversity in agriculture to help occupational diversification and maximizing profit.
- On a special request from Election Commission of Bhutan, India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) organized a 5 -day Capacity Development programme for Media Officials from Bhutan from July 9-13, 2018 at ______?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
A course on media in elections is the first such course being organized by IIIDEM. The key topics of the programme include EMB and Media Relationship, Voter Education and Media Legal/ Institutional Framework, Paid News and Media Regulations, Code of Conduct for Media and issues related to Social Media, Media related Tools and Techniques among others.
- Where was the 4th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals held on July 13, 2018?
1.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
The agencies concerned with preauction preparations such as Exploration agencies (GSI & MECL), transaction advisors (SBICAP, CRISIL, KPMG), DGPS survey agency (MECON), etc would also put up their Stalls. Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI) will be the partner of the event. PSUs responsible for organizing the conclave are HCL, NALCO, & MECL under the Ministry of Mines and the companies in which the government stake is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Mines, viz. HZL & BALCO. The metal and the allied sector would also participate in the conclave.
- On 13th July 2018, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) issued an order allowing photography within the premises of all centrally protected monuments/sites except at Ajanta Caves, Taj Mahal and _____?
2.Konark Sun Temple
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Leh Palace
This order has been issued after Prime Minister Narendra Modi questioned the logic behind the existing restrictions at an event in Dharohar Bhawan, New Delhi, on 12th July 2018. In 2016, the ASI made it mandatory for photographers to be licensed to function commercially in protected monuments.
- On July 13, 2018, Odisha government announced the constitution of a ‘_____ Cabinet,’ headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Heritage
There will be eight members including chief minister in the cabinet. Chief Secretary A P Padhi will be the secretary of the cabinet. The other members of the cabinet included are: The ministers of Finance, Odia Language, Literature &Culture and Tourism, Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts, SC, ST Development, Higher Education, School & Mass Education and Electronics & IT.
- On 13th July 2018, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu released the State Credit Plan (banking) 2018-19, with an aim to improve banking services in Andhra Pradesh. As per this scheme, Andhra Pradesh has been allocated ______ for development and modernization?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.1,94,220 crores
This plan was announced at the 203rd meeting of State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC). As per this scheme, Andhra Pradesh has been allocated Rs.1,94,220 crores for development and modernisation. The Priority Sector that includes agriculture and allied activities, micro and small enterprises, poor people for housing, students for education has been allocated Rs 1,44,220 crores. The non-priority sector, under which financial institutions lend credit to bank customers, has been allocated Rs 50,000 crores. Heavy industries has been allotted Rs 10,457 crores. Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) has been allotted Rs 28,261 crores.
- On 11th July 2018, which state has topped other states in per capita revenue collection under GST?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Haryana
He said that, Haryana has widened the tax base by 82.22 % and logged 19 % increase in revenue collections. Also, the compliance percentage of assessees in Haryana is 5-7 % higher than the national average and revenue collection under commercial taxes has recorded double-digit growth. The number of tax assessees under VAT, Central Excise and Service Tax in Haryana was 2.25 lakh before the introduction of GST. Now the number of dealers is nearly 4.10 lakh. In Haryana, the threshold limit for mandatory registration of tax assessees has been increased from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 20 lakh under GST.
- On 13th July 2018, the Botanical Garden in Kothaguda reserve forest was re-launched after renovation in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Telengana
The Telangana State Forest Development Corporation (TSFDC) made improvements in the park at a cost of Rs 5 crore, as per the directions of Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao. Total area of the reserve forest is 274 acres. Development activities were carried out in 12 acres of the visitors’ zone. The improvements were done in Nakshatra Vanam, Rasi Vanam and Navagraha Vanam, herbal and medicinal garden with 60 species, butterfly park, rose garden and cactus garden. An interpretation centre, an environmental education centre, and audio visual room have been developed for creating environmental awareness among students, employees, and children.
- Where was the Second India-China Maritime Affairs Dialogue held on 13th July 2018?
3.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Beijing, China
The Indian delegation was led by Dr. Pankaj Sharma, Joint Secretary (Disarmament and International Security Affairs), in the Ministry of External Affairs. The Chinese delegation was led by Mr. Wu Jianghao, Director General at the Department of Asian Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. India and China exchanged views on various topics of mutual interest like perspectives on maritime security and cooperation, blue economy, and further strengthening of practical cooperation. The Indian side explained India’s vision for the Indo-Pacific region as mentioned in Indian Prime Minister Modi’s keynote address in 2018 Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore.
- On 12th July 2018, the parliament of which country approved a law that will allow citizens to change their gender and name from the age of 16 without a medical report showing identity disruption?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Portugal
Portugal has become the sixth European country to grant the right to self-determination of transgender identitywithout the guardianship of a third party and without a diagnosis of identity disruption following Denmark, Malta, Sweden, Ireland and Norway. The change of gender and name will be independent from any possible sex change operation. A law that was in force since 2011 required transgender citizens to have a medical diagnosis that reported gender dysphoria, when gender does not correspond to biological sex. Now, the new law must be signed by Portugal President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa. The head of state wanted a medical report requirement for cases in which minors aged 16 to 18 were involved to back their decision.
- On July 13, 2018, which Indian Naval ship arrived at her seventh port, Sunderland in the UK, during her #Lokayan-18 voyage and also to participate in the prestigious ‘tall ship races – 2018’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.INS Tarangini
Lokayan is a combination of two Sanskrit words: ‘Lokya’ meaning worldwide and ‘Yana’ meaning travel, thus literally meaning, ‘travel around the world’. INS Tarangini commenced ‘Lokayan-18’ on 10 Apr 18 from Kochi, India and is set to cover a distance of over 20,000 nautical miles, with a crew of 9 officers, 30 officer sea trainees and 43 sailors. The voyage will take seven months and Tarangini will have the honour of displaying the Indian flag at 15 ports across 13 countries.
- On 12th July 2018, which Payments Bank said that, it has received required approvals from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to begin taking new customers after 7 months after the Bank was alleged for opening payments bank accounts of its mobile subscribers without their consent, and LPG subsidy worth crores was deposited into these accounts?
1.Fino Payments Bank
2.Airtel Payments Bank
3.India Post Payments Bank
4.Jana Payments Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Airtel Payments Bank
UIDAI (Home – Unique Identification Authority of India) has also allowed Airtel Payments Bank to use the 12-digit unique identification number (Aadhaar) based e-KYC. This decision has been taken 7 months after Airtel along with Airtel Payments Bank was alleged for opening payments bank accounts of its mobile subscribers without their consent, and LPG subsidy worth crores was deposited into these accounts. RBI thereafter had directed Airtel Payments Bank not to take new customers. UIDAI had suspended the e-KYC licence of both Airtel and the Airtel Payments bank. Airtel had denied any fraud and streamlined its processes to comply with the regulations.
- On July 13, 2018, the market valuation of which Indian company surged past Rs 7 lakh crore mark, making it the second company after TCS to achieve this milestone?
2.Aditya Birla Group
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Reliance Industries
On July 13, 2018, The market valuation of Reliance Industries surged past Rs 7 lakh crore mark, making it the second company after TCS to achieve this milestone. RIL’s market capitalisation (m-cap) rose to Rs 7,01,404 crore (over USD 102 billion) during the early trade on BSE. The m-cap has been calculated at the stock’s 52-week high price (2.31 per cent) of Rs 1,107.25. RIL crossed the USD 100 billion mark for the first time in the last 10 years. Earlier, Reliance Industries had breached this mark in intra-day trade on October 18, 2007.
- On July 13, 2018, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal launched Indian Railways’ first consolidated Bridge Management System (IR-BMS), a web-enabled IT application to store data on how many bridges?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1.5 lakh
Goyal felicitated the artists who participated in this initiative by giving them cash awards and appreciation certificates. He also felicitated artists who won the top prize in the national transporter’s in-house Station Beautification Contest. They worked for 7 railway stations. This innovative competition was organized among zonal railways in December 2017. More than 62 stations across zonal railways were beautified under this initiative by utilising skills of local artists, mostly using local art form, painting style, local themes or contemporary arts.
- India’s Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) project has bagged internal award for exceptional performance in achieving many development goals from which bank?
2.European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
4.State Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.World Bank
Union Environment secretary C K Mishra said that, the ICZM project is one among the eight projects that were awarded. They were selected from 42 final nominations received from the World Bank Task Teams in the South Asian Countries.
- On 12th July 2018, Union Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal distributed awards to winning stations of Station Beautification competition in Rail Bhawan, New Delhi. The first prize was won by Balharshah & Chandrapur Railway Stations of which zone?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Central Railway
The Station Beautification competition was organized among Zonal Railways in December 2017. First Prize: Balharshah & Chandrapur Railway Stations of Central Railway – Rs.10 Lakhs. Second Prize: Madhubani station of East Central Railway & Madurai station of Southern Railway – Rs. 5 Lakhs. Third Prize: Gandhidham station of Western Railway, Kota station of West Central Railway & Secunderabad station of South Central Railway – Rs. 3 Lakhs. Piyush Goyal presented cash awards and appreciation certificates to the artists who participated in this initiative.
- Vice President of India and the President of ICWA, M. Venkaiah Naidu has appointed _____ as the Director General, ex officio Member-Secretary of the Council, ICWA (Indian Council of World Affairs)?
1.Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan
4.Dr Mithun Mittal
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan
This decision was taken in the meeting of the Governing Body and Governing Council of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) on 13th July 2018. Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1982 batch. He has served as India’s High Commissioner to Islamabad and Singapore and has served in India’s missions at London, Thimphu and Kuwait.
- Name the asteroid discovered in 2017, that is actually two objects, each around 900 metres in size and orbiting each other?
1.Near-Earth asteroid 2017 YE5
2.Near-Earth asteroid 5674 TU5
3.Near-Earth asteroid 7890 G17
4.Near-Earth asterois 5555 G16
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Near-Earth asteroid 2017 YE5
Near-Earth asteroid 2017 YE5 was discovered with observations provided by the Morocco Oukaimeden Sky Survey in December 2017. Details about the asteroid’s physical properties were not known until the end of June 2018. This is the fourth “equal mass” binary near-Earth asteroid ever detected that consists of two objects nearly identical in size, orbiting each other. The new observations provide the most detailed images ever obtained of this type of binary asteroid.
- On July 11, 2018, The Mycological Laboratory of which Indian University announced the discovery of a new pigment from local wild mushrooms that may help fight cancer?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Goa
It is a new suphur-rich melanin biopigment of immense bioindustrial, biomedical (anti-cancer, anti-tumour) and biotechnological potential. It has been found in Roen alamis (wild variety of Goan mushrooms that grows on termite hills) or Termitomyces species. Its structure is similar to black pigment found in human hair. This discovery has been done by Rosy de Souza, who is a national scholar under DST INSPIRE under three years under Dr. Nandakumar Kamat, Assistant Professor of Botany, department of Goa University.
- Name the Indian cricketer who officially retired from all forms of cricket, on 13th July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mohammed Kaif
Mohammad Kaif started his first-class cricket career in 1997-98. His international career was from 2000 to 2006. He played in 13 Tests and 125 One Day Internationals. He captained India’s U-19 team in their first-ever World Cup win in 2000. Earlier he led his home team Uttar Pradesh. He helped them win their first Ranji Trophy title in 2005-06. He has scored 10,229 runs in 186 first-class matches at an average of 38.60. He also led Chhattisgarh in their first Ranji Trophy season of 2016-17.
- On July 13, 2018, Dr. & Prof. N N Wig, died at the age of 88 after a brief illness in Chandigarh. He was related to which field?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Psychiatry
He led many pioneering studies related to mental health at national and international levels and was head of the Department of Psychiatry at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. He set up the psychiatry department at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), in 1963. Wig was born on October 1, 1930 in Gujranwala, Pakistan. He completed his MBBS from KG Medical College, Lucknow in 1953 and MD Medicine from Lucknow University in 1957. He pursued his interest in psychiatry by training at the All India Institute of Mental Health (now NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
- On July 13, 2018, Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari, laid the foundation stone for enhancing _____ to improve connectivity between Chennai and Kolkata, reduce travel time between the two cities and also lower traffic congestion in Vishakhapatnam city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.NH-16
On July 13, 2018, Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari, laid the foundation stone for enhancing NH-16 to improve connectivity between Chennai and Kolkata, reduce travel time between the two cities and also lower traffic congestion in Vishakhapatnam city.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Keoladeo National Park located?Rajasthan
- Pillur Dam has been constructed on which river?Bhavani River
- Name the MD and CEO of Airtel Payments Bank?Anubrata Biswas
- What is the tag line of Vijaya Bank?A Friend You Can Bank On
- Where is Kalsa Waterfall located?Goa