Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which scheme is unveiled by PM Narendra Modi in order to impart skilling to One Crore Indian population in the next four years?
This scheme will impart new skills to 60 lakh people and also make certifications to 40 lakh people acquired under the Recognition of Prior Learning. General guidance, supervision and job arrangements for the trained people will be made through Rozgar Melas (placement camps) and Kaushal Shivirs (mobilization camps).
- In which state along with Sanya City of China, a (MoU) has been signed between the Region Economic and Trade Organization and Sanya People Municipal Government for trading?
A (MoU) has been signed between the Karnataka Region Economic and Trade Organization (KRETO) and Sanya People Municipal Government of China in order to nurture the trade between Sanya City and Karnataka. This pack permits for large and medium delegations from china to visit Karnataka and vice-versa.
- For which route, the new bus service was proposed by the Uttar Pradesh State Road transport Corporation (UPSRTC) as per decision taken in MVA?
D.Allahabad-BhubaneshwarAns: A.Pokhara-New Delhi
The maiden direct bus service between Pokhara (Nepal) and New Delhi (India) was launched following the signing of a Motor Vehicle Agreement (MVA) during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Nepal in 2014. The service between the cities was flagged off by Nepal Home Minister Shakti Bahadur Basnet and India’s ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae from Pokhara.
- In which place, an agreement was signed with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), India to build the 1,320MW coal-fired power plant?
An agreement was signed with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), India to build the 1,320MW coal-fired power plant at Rampal of Bagerhat, near the Sundarbans mangrove forest. Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Pvt Limited signed the contract agreement for main plant EPC (turnkey) package with BHEL in Dhaka.
- Which bank is to acquire a Tamil Nadu based microfinance institution (MFI) called Grama Vidiyal?
D.IDFC BankAns: D.IDFC Bank
IDFC Bank Ltd is going to acquire a Tamil Nadu based microfinance institution (MFI) called Grama Vidiyal, A small unit financing scheme in rural villages of Tamil Nadu. This Acquisition offers the bank access to 1.2 million households apart from adding 319 points of presence in seven states — Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Puducherry, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- Which bank has signed a (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE), (IIT) Bombay’s technology business incubator, in order to promote the innovation by startups in the financial sector?
A.State Bank of India
C.Indian Overseas Bank
D.Bank of IndiaAns: A.State Bank of India
SBI and IIT will promote fintech (financial technology) start-ups that have products or applications to cater to the financial sector. These products can help SBI to explore opportunities to enhance the synergy for their banking services. This MoU will definitely help in mentoring startups. SBI now has a Rs 200 crore fund for startups and what better place than SINE at IIT Bombay to reach out to startups to use those funds.
- In which company, a contract has awarded to make air frame parts for the AS565 MBe Panther by the renowned Airbus Helicopters?
A.Mahindra Aero structures
C.Drone Aerospace Systems
D.Acumen AviationAns: A.Mahindra Aero structures
Airbus Helicopters and Mahindra Defence are in the process of forming a joint venture to target Indias military helicopter programmes such as the Naval Utility Helicopter, the Naval Multi-Role Helicopter and the Reconnaissance and Surveillance Helicopter. The contract positions Mahindra Aero structures as the first Indian company to receive a direct manufacturing contract from Airbus Helicopters as a tier 1 supplier.
- In which company along with France’s Safran Helicopter Engines is set to jointly establish a helicopter engines maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) centre?
A. Honeywell Aerospace
B.Bharat Electronics Ltd.
C.BrahMos Aerospace Private Ltd.
D.Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.Ans: D.Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. and France’s Safran Helicopter Engines is set to jointly establish a helicopter engines maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) centre to service Indian and foreign customers using Safran’s aero engines. Union government will provide MRO services for Safran TM333 and the co-developed Shakti engines that are used in helicopters built by HAL.
- Which magazine has released the list of Top Paid Celebrities across the globe including Indian entertainers like Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar?
The list is topped by the famous singer Taylor Swift with earnings of around 1160 crores. Shah Rukh grabbed 86th spot with earnings of $33M and Akshay Kumar grabbed 94th spot with earnings of $31.5M. Indian entertainers Shah rukh khan and Akshay Kumar grabs their seats in this list.
- Which Minority Affairs Minister along with Minister of State for Heavy Industries Gowdara Mallikarjunappa Siddeshwara has resigned from the Union council of ministers?
C.SP Anupama Shenoy
D.Eknath KhadseAns: B.Najma Heptullah
Their resignations were accepted by the President Pranab Mukherjee. Minister of state Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has been allotted independent charge of ministry of minority affairs. While Babul Supriyo will fill the shoes of the ministry of heavy industries and public enterprises. Babul Supriyo has been released of the charge of minister of state in the ministry of urban development, and minister of state in the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation.
- Who is the new Britain’s new prime minister as incumbent Prime Minister David Cameron announced to resign after the Brexit vote?
D.Vassiliki ThanouAns: A.Theresa May
Britain’s Home Secretary Theresa May will become the Britain’s new prime minister as incumbent Prime Minister David Cameron announced to resign after the Brexit vote. The UK officially has a new leader is the second woman in the country’s history to hold the top post. However she’ll be taking over at time of intense crisis: The Brexit referendum has thrown the UK into what one expert calls.
- Which Indian-American professor, who goes by single name has been named the dean of University of North Texas College of Information in the U.S?
A.Dr Bhaskar Datta
B.Dr. S Christopher
D.Dr. KinshukAns: D.Dr. Kinshuk
Prior to this appointment, he served as Director in the School of Computing and Information Systems. He has diverse set of academic experience in the field of science and technology. He served as an Associate Dean at Athabasca University in Alberta, Canada, where he helped lead the Faculty of Science and Technology since 2010.
- What is the name of dwarf planet takes 700 years to orbit the sun in the icy realms of space beyond Neptune?
Astronomers has discovered a new dwarf planet dubbed 2015 RR245 in the icy realms of space beyond Neptune. The system is 120 times farther from the Sun than the Earth at its farthest orbital point. The dwarf is likely to be around 700 kilometer in size, not more than five percent that of Earth’s. It has one of the biggest orbits for a dwarf planet, however, taking some 700 years to travel around the Sun.
- Which Indian bowler topped the all-rounders list in the latest ICC rankings besides being placed second in bowling?
D.Ravichandran AshwinAns: D.Ravichandran Ashwin
In the latest ICC rankings Ravichandran Ashwin topped the all-rounders list besides being placed second in bowling. However India held the second position with third-placed Pakistan, while the Australia remains on top. In batting, Australia’s Steve Smith leads the field and he is followed by Kane Williamson of New Zealand and South Africa’s Hashim Amla. England, who recently defeated Sri Lanka in a three-Test home series, is only three points behind Pakistan.
- How many Indians additionally qualified for the Rio Olympics making the total count of the qualifiers to the three digits figures?
These are Renjith Maheswary, Anirban Lahiri, Dharambir Singh, Jinson Johnson, Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia and Aditi Ashok. Notably Golf as game returned to the Olympics for the first time since 1904 St. Louis Games.