AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 11 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 10, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the ‘Ashiana Annexe’ in:
1.Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
4.Agra, Uttar Pradesh
5.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 2.Dehradun, Uttarakhand
‘Rashtrapati Ashiana’ situated on Rajpur Road of Dehradun comprises of the main building, Annexe, Upper Stables & Lines and Lower Stables & Lines with associated roads and pathways. On July 10, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the ‘Ashiana Annexe’ comprising twelve low cost dwelling units constructed to accommodate officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan during Presidential visits to the Retreat at Ashiana.
- Which entity has signed a MoU with Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI) for collaboration on occupational health and prevention of occupational injuries and diseases?
1.Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
2.International Labour Organization
4.LIC of India
5.Birla Sun Life Insurance
Answer – 1.Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
In presence of Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour & Employment, A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between ESIC and Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI) for collaboration in the field of occupational health and prevention of occupational injuries and diseases was signed in New Delhi on July 11, 2017.
- Which among the following has become the first state in the country to provide women an injectable contraceptive for free?
Answer – 4.Maharashtra
Maharashtra State’s public health department launched a programme called Antara on July 10, 2017, to offer women an injection of Medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA), a birth-control hormone. According to state health officials, the injection, a safe means of birth control, is effective for three months.
- Which State Government has announced to set up an international standard sports city in the state capital?
Answer – 5.Odisha
Encouraged by successful organisation of 22nd Asian Athletics Championships (AAC) in the state, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced to set up an international standard sports city in the state. Kalinga International Sport City will be set up in Bhubaneswar.
- On July 10, 2017, which among the following became the second state to launch e-RTI portal that will enable citizens to file online Right to Information (RTI)?
Answer – 1.Delhi
Delhi became the second state to launch online RTI platform as chief minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the e-portal on July 10, 2017. Maharashtra is the first state to launch the online RTI platform.
- National Conference of Chief Secretaries of States and Union Territories organised by NITI Aayog was held on July 10, 2017 in:
Answer – 2.New Delhi
The meeting was been organized to further the spirit of cooperative and competitive federalism. The various developmental indicators developed by NITI Aayog, in areas like health, education, water management and digital transformation were discussed at the meeting
- According to OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-2026, released by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development(OECD) and Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) of the United Nations, which country will be the world’s largest milk producer by 2026?
Answer – 3.India
The report has projected that over the first quarter of the 21st century, milk production in India will be nearly tripled. From 2017-2026, milk production in India will grow 49%; in 2026, India will be the world’s largest milk producer. In 2026 milk production in India will be one-third above the second largest producer, the European Union.
- Mangesh Tendulkar, who passed away on July 10, 2017, was a renowned:
Answer – 4.Cartoonist
Mangesh Tendulkar was one of the most eminent cartoonists in India. He was conferred with the president’s medal in 1980, Marathi Natya Parishad Award in 1993 and Pulotsav award in 2003 among several other honours
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has now been declared dead, was the leader of which militant group?
Answer – 1.ISIS
According to the Islamic State militant group, its supreme leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has died. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had led the terrorist group and declared himself the ruler of the ‘Islamic caliphate’.
- Five States, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Union Territory ____________ have inked a MoU with Government e-Market (GeM) for smart procurement of goods and services.
2.Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Answer – 3.Puducherry
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) would also ensure timely payment by state departments to the vendors registered on the GeM portal. It has been made mandatory on GeM to make payment to the vendors within 10 days of receipt of goods and services.
- Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF) has set gold standards by winning Golden Peacock Award for Eco Innovation for the year 2017 for introducing which engines on Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) trains?
1.Dual Fuel 800 HP Diesel engines
2.Dual Fuel 1000 HP Diesel engines
3.Dual Fuel 1200 HP Diesel engines
4.Dual Fuel 1400 HP Diesel engines
5.Dual Fuel 1600 HP Diesel engines
Answer – 4.Dual Fuel 1400 HP Diesel engines
The CNG based dual fuel 1400 HP engine used in DEMU trains developed by IROAF has successfully substituted diesel fuel with CNG up to 20%. This innovation will reduce emissions considerably by bringing down nitrogen oxides (NOx) by 16%, CO2by 6% and Particulate Matter by 18% besides achieving economy in fuel cost by 8%.
- Who among the following has taken over as director-general of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence?
1.Debi Prasad Dash
2.Mukul Kumar Nayak
3.Rakesh Nath Dubey
4.Prakash Chand Ghelot
Answer – 1.Debi Prasad Dash
Debi Prasad Dash, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (customs) officer, has taken over as director-general of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, the premier agency that tackles smuggling and black money. Mr. Dash was the acting DRI chief for the past five months. He has earlier worked in the UN Security Council, Commonwealth Secretariat and the CBI.
- Leslie Thng will succeed Phee Teik Yeoh as the new Chief Executive Officer of which airline?
Answer – 3.Vistara
Leslie, who started his career in SIA, has held many senior positions including that of Chief Executive, Silk Air. He will lead Vistara in its next phase of growth, including international operations. Vistara is the brand name of the domestic airline set up by Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines.
- Which State Government has constituted a nine-member committee to study and submit a report to the government on the possibility of designing a separate flag for the state and providing it a statutory standing?
Answer – 3.Karnataka
The committee was constituted following representation from journalist-writer and president of Karnataka Vidyavardhaka Sangha, Dharward, Patil Puttappa, and social worker Bheemappa Gundappa Gadada to the government. They urged the government to design a separate flag for Kannada ‘naadu’ and accord statutory standing for that.
- Rajeev Dubey, Group president of HR& Corporate Services at ___________, has been elected to the governing board of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva
2.Larsen & Toubro
4.Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer – 4.Mahindra & Mahindra
Rajeev has been elected against the seat for South Asia. Dubey, has also been the past- president of The Employer’s Federation of India. The ILO Governing Body is an apex level policy making and oversight body with 56 members comprising 14 members from the Employers, 14 from the Trade Unions and 28 from the Government.
- Scientists from New Zealand have mentioned that a vaccine has for the first time been shown to protect against the sexually transmitted infection _______
Answer – 1.Gonorrhoea
The vaccine, originally developed to stop an outbreak of meningitis B, was given to about a million adolescents in New Zealand between 2004 and 2006. Researchers at the University of Auckland analysed data from sexual health clinics and found gonorrhoea cases had fallen 31% in those vaccinated.
- Which entity has imposed a complete ban on ‘manja’, the string used to fly kites, made of nylon or any synthetic material which is non-biodegradable, saying it posed a threat to the lives of birds, animals and humans.
1.Gujarat State Government
2.Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
3.National Green Tribunal (NGT)
4.Gujarat High Court
5.Maharashtra High Court
Answer – 3.National Green Tribunal
A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar directed all state governments to prohibit the “manufacture, sale, storage, purchase and use” of synthetic manja or nylon threads and all other synthetic threads used for flying kites.
- Elsa Martinelli, who passed away on July 8, 2017, was:
2.Italian Novel Writer
Answer – 1.Italian Actress
Elsa Martinelli, the veteran Italian actress, best known for her work in the 1955 film “The Indian Fighter” passed away in Rome. She was 82. Elsa made her acting debut in 1954 with “Le Rouge et le Noir” directed by France’s Claude Autant-Lara.
- What was the theme of ‘World Population Day’ 2017 observed on July 11, 2017?
1.’Sustainable Population Growth’
2.’Inclusive Population Growth’
3.‘Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations‘
4.’Population and Empowerment of Weaker Sections’
5.’Creating Awareness about Family Planning’
Answer –3.‘Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations‘
World Population day is observed every year on July 11. Aim is to raise awareness on various population issues such as the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights.
- An international summit on family planning was held in which country ?
Answer – 1.UK
On Tuesday 11 July 2017, the UK hosted a major international summit on family planning, in partnership with UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.