Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state Police Launches Four Apps To Strengthen Public Security System in India?
In order to strengthen public security system, the Maharashtra police have launched four mobile apps for timely intervention into emergency situations. The four applications are Pratisaad Ask, Police Mitra, Vahanchoritakrar and A Railway helpline app.
- For how much credit, agreement signed by Centre, Bihar government and World Bank to help improve livelihood opportunities for poor rural households across 300 blocks and 32 districts of the eastern state?
Ans: A.USD 290-million
Bihar Transformative Development Project, also known as Jeevika II, will mobilize rural population into self-help groups (SHG) and higher level federations and help them gain access to markets, public services and a range of financial services from formal financial institutions.
- Which leading telecom services provider with global operations in around 19 countries across Asia and Africa has been ranked first in a listing of 100 emerging market multinational companies?
Bharti Airtel, a Leading telecom services provider with global operations in around 19 countries across Asia and Africa has been ranked first in a listing of 100 emerging market multinational companies as part of a study on corporate transparency and reporting by Transparency International.
- Which world’s largest cement producer has entered into an agreement with Nirma Ltd to sell its entire 100% holding in cement maker Lafarge India for an enterprise value of $1.4 billion?
Ans: C.Lafarge Holcim
The deal is subjected to approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) also the proceeds from the divestment will be used to reduce debt. Lafarge India operates three cement plants and two grinding stations with a total capacity of around 11 million tonnes. The company also markets aggregates and is one of India’s leading ready-mix concrete manufacturers.
- Who is the Cookbook author and food blogger has bagged the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for 2015-16?
Ans: C.Nimi Sunilkumar
She was conferred with this award for her cookbook “4 o’clock Temptations of Kerala”. It was chosen for the award in the ‘Best Indian Cuisine Cookbook’ section. Nimi Sunilkumar has won award for the second time and earlier in 2013, her Lip-smacking Dishes of Kerala was selected third ‘Best Local Cuisine Book in the World’ category.
- Who is to be conferred with AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award on 29th July?
D.Srinivasan K. Swamy
Ans: D.Srinivasan K. Swamy
Srinivasan K. Swamy. The Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) will, on 29th July, present him with the Lifetime Achievement Award in Mumbai. This award is the highest honor to be given to an individual in India for their outstanding contribution to the advertising industry.
- Who is the chief executive and managing director of the second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank has been named as the best banking CEO in Asia by the investor community?
Ans: C.Aditya Puri
Citing HDFC Bank as an example, the publication highlighted its use of technology as a key trend this year, particularly in semi-urban areas. The bank’s chief financial officer Sashi Jagdishan has been ranked the best CFO. HDFC Bank was also ranked the best IR Company; thereby making it the most honored one in the Institutional Investor magazine.
- Who is appointed as a new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)?
A.Sarath Kumar Achariya
D.Dinesh K Sarraf
Ans: B.D Rajkumar
Currently Raj kumar is working as Managing Director of Bharat Petro Resources Ltd, a unit of BPCL focused on exploration and production. On the other hand Bora is Executive Director in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited.
- Which pharmacy introduced anti-cancer product named Gemcitabine InfuSMART, used in treatment of cancer, in Europe to build a meaningful and differentiating presence in global oncology therapy?
C.Reliance Health and Pharma
Ans: B.Sun Pharma
With the introduction of Gemcitabine InfuSMART, Sun Pharma become the world’s first pharmaceutical company to manufacture and launch a licensed RTA oncology product. InfuSMART is a technology in which oncology products are developed in a ready-to-administer (RTA) bag after the company has received regulatory approval to produce InfuSMART in eight key SKUs (stock keeping units).
- Which Bengaluru based start-up has released India’s first IOT glucometer that wirelessly syncs data with a smartphone by combining user-centric design and smart technology?
Ans: C.Cooey Technologies
The Smart Glucometer is compact also pocket-sized device that is portable, connects to a smartphone using the 3.5mm headphone jack and transfers the readings automatically into the Cooey application. The company offers three smart devices, which are available on Flipkart and Amazon -Smart Glucometer, Blood Pressure Monitors and Body Fat Analyzer – all of which connect seamlessly with the app.
- In which state, Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh announced that centre is mulling to set up National Research Centre for Banana?
Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh announced that centre is mulling to set up National Research Centre for Banana would at Goraul in BIHAR’s Vaishali district. The land for this purpose was allotted when Jitan Ram Manjhi was the Chief Minister. This announcement came while inaugurating a two day HortiSangam-2016 organised by National Horticulture Board at Hajipur.
- How much units of electricity is added to the southern grid and raise the contribution of nuclear power in the country to 6780 MWe?
Ans: A.1000 MWe
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Chairman and Managing Director S K Sharma announced that the second unit of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant attained criticality. Criticality means a controlled and sustained fission chain reaction to produce a consistent and steady stream of energy.
- Who won the men’s single Wimbledon 2016 Championships with cash prize of £2 million?
B.Pierre Hugues Herbert
Ans: D.Andy Murray
This year £28 million has been granted for Winners. The winners of the men’s and women’s singles pocketed £2 million each and singles runners-up took £1 million each.
- Who finished with a dominant victory in a British Grand Prix 2016 to cut team-mate Nico Rosberg’s championship lead to one point?
Ans: D.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton, MBE (born 7 January 1985) is a British Formula One racing driver from England, currently racing for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team. He is the 2008, 2014 and 2015 Formula One World Champion.
- Which date is observed as World Population Day every year all through the world?
Ans: A.July 11
The main aims at increase people’s awareness on various population issues such as the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and and human rights. The Theme of 2016 is ‘Investing in teenage girls’