AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 10 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Venkaiah Naidu became the first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign MOU with the visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda, _____ on his visit during 09 to 11, July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bernard Makuza
The three Senator delegation from Rwanda led by Shri Makuza is the first such a delegation exclusively from the Upper House of any country to visit India. ignitaries include Senators Ms. Gertrude Kazarwa, Deputy Chairperson of the Senate Committee on Political Affairs and Good Governance and Ms. Therese Kagoyire Vishagara, Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Security. 6 articles of cooperation seeking to promote Inter-Parliamentary dialogue, Capacity building of parliamentary staff, Organisation of conferences, forums, seminars, staff attachment programmes, workshops and exchanges, Collaboration in mutual interest in regional and international multilateral parliamentary bodies.
- On July 10, 2018, the Energy Minister of which state government announced that the state government will launch “one farmer one transformer” scheme for the farmers from August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
The scheme is called “one farmer one transformer”.It will be launched on 15th August,2018. The objective of the scheme is to reduce electricity losses. Two lakh farmers will be given electricity connection for high voltage distribution line which will ensure uninterrupted power supply.
- On July 10, 2018, Education Minister of which state announced the launch of a scheme for electrification of schools in the state. Under the scheme, state-run schools will be provided electricity at government rates and the bill amount will be directly deposited in their accounts?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Maharashtra
On July 10, 2018, Education Minister of Maharashtra Government Vinod Tawde announced the launch of a scheme for electrification of schools in the state. Under the scheme, state-run schools will be provided electricity at government rates and the bill amount will be directly deposited in their accounts. The budgetary provision for school education includes funds for digital schools, educational material and computerisation, among others. Additionally, the education department will join hands with the Zilla parishad to conduct a structural audit of all schools in the state.
- On July 10, 2018, which state government has given religious minority status to its Jewish Community?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gujarat
It was issued by the state’s Department of Social Justice and Empowerment. They will be given benefits of social welfares within the state. The jewish community is very small in the state with no more than 170 members and the majority is located in Ahmedabad. This is done on the backdrop of Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani’s commitment to grant religious minority status to the community during his trip to Israel.
- On July 10, 2018, It was announced that the next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in which city in January 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Varanasi
On July 10, 2018, It was announced that the next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in the holy city of Varanasi in January 2019. The theme of the three-day event will be the ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India’. Events scheduled to happen on that day : Ganga aarti in Varanasi, Kumbh Mela in Allahabad and Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi. Varanasi is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s parliamentary constituency.
- On July 10, 2018, according to a report by US venture capital and startup data base CB Insights, which 2 Indian cities had among the highest number of startup investment rounds greater than $100 million since 2014?
2.Bengaluru, New Delhi
3.New Delhi, Mumbai
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bengaluru, New Delhi
Bengaluru had (21) and New Delhi (18). Each of the Indian cities had about the same number as London(19), and significantly higher numbers than Boston (13) and Tel Aviv (2), cities that are often regarded as strong startup hubs. Some of the big-ticket deals in India included those to Flipkart, Ola and Paytm, and to those like online grocer Bigbasket ($300 million in series-E funding led by Alibaba) and Swiggy’s $100-million fund-raise led by South African internet and media giant Naspers. The big acceleration for Indian companies came from Japanese internet giant SoftBank that has invested more than $7 billion in the Indian ecosystem, including in Flipkart and Ola.
- On 9th July 2018, the Foreign Ministry announced that, India and which country have reached an agreement regarding reduction of tariffs on the import of Indian medicines, cancer drugs?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.China
Earlier, Beijing had announced a reduction on import duties on more than 8,500 Indian items. It has said that, it will relax taxes on more goods from India and other countries as its trade war with the US is in crucial stage. China has granted more access to Indian pharmaceutical companies, as per discussions between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping at the Wuhan summit in April 2018. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying was responding to a query about India’s decision to cut levies on 3,142 items from the member countries of Asia Pacific Trade Agreement. China is also a signatory of this.
- On July 10, 2018, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy R.K Singh with the officials from ADB and Finance Ministry reviewed the progress of lining project of the Son canal in Shahabad – Bhojpur region of which state and ADB approved it?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bihar
ADB and Finance Ministry officials will fix a timeframe for the completion of the project. Finance Ministry will give permission to appoint consultants by 17th July, 2018 and ADB consultants will start their work by the end of July. The process of design study, consultation with stakeholders, feasibility report, preparation of tenders etc. and the tender for the first phase of the lining of the main canal and branches will be issued by the first week of October. The estimated cost of this project is USD 503 million (Rs 3272.49 crore) out of which USD 352 million is being provided by ADB.
- On July 10, 2018, Microsoft signed an MoU with which state government to provide free digital training to 9,500 college students for one year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Rajasthan
The MoU was signed for one year. The company will run MS office specialist training programme in 50 government colleges from August which will benefit 9,500 students. Successful participants will also be given certificates. Microsoft will also train educators from government colleges through the Microsoft Innovative Educator Programme, building capacity for innovative use of information and communications technology (ICT) in the classroom.
- Name the software giant that announced Launchpad Accelerator India, a new mentorship program that has been developed exclusively for startups based in India, utilising Machine Learning/AI to develop solutions for India’s local needs on 10th July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Google
Launchpad Accelerator India program has been developed after the success of the global Launchpad Accelerator program. It has been designed to develop the AI/ML ecosystem in India by enabling Indian startups to create scalable solutions for India’s unique problems. This is a 3 month accelerator. It will offer mentorship and access to Google’s people, network and technologies, to a group of 8-10 Indian startups. Upto $100K of Google Cloud Credits will also be offered. Roy Glasberg is the founder of global Launchpad.
- On 29th June 2018, _____, Chairman of Foresight Group International Ltd., received a lifetime achievement award at the Seatrade 30th Anniversary Award Ceremony held at the Landmark, London?
1.Dr Ravi Mehrotra
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr Ravi Mehrotra
Dr Ravi Mehrotra CBE, was presented the lifetime achievement award by Chris Hayman, Chairman, Seatrade. This award honours recipients who have made a remarkable contribution to shipping and maritime industry. This award has been given shortly after Vivekanand 2 (a drilling rig from Foresight Offshore Drilling formerly Hallworthy Shipping Limited S.A.) was announced as “THE BEST PERFORMING RIG OF 2017/18” for ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited).
- Who has become the second Indian mountaineer after Malli Mastan Babu to climb Mt Ojos del Salado, the highest volcano in the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Satyarup Siddhanta
Ojos del Salado is a stratovolcano that means a volcano built of alternate layers of lava and ash. It is located in the Andes on the Argentina-Chile border. It is the highest active volcano in the world at 6,893 metres (22,615 ft). Satyarup Siddhanta is also set to be the first Indian to climb Mt Sidley which is the highest volcano of Antarctica. It will help him to achieve the mark of scaling seven summits and seven volcanic summits.
- On July 10, 2018, Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited has appointed ____ as the Managing Director & CEO?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.T Latha
She will replace G Sreeram, who has retired from the office on July 1, 2018, on completion of his tenure. Her appointment will be for a period of three years w.e.f July 2, 2018. Earlier she was a General Manager in Punjab National Bank, she was in charge of credit operations dealing with large corporate credits and has handled Finance, Credit, Strategic Business Development, People Management, NPA Resolution and Audit.
- On 10th July 2018, drug firm Lupin said that, it has appointed ____ as President, Global Human Resources?
3.Pawan Kumar Singh
4.Vivek Kumar SinghAnswer – 1.Yashwant Mahadik
Yashwant Mahadik will be based in Mumbai. He will report to Lupin CEO Vinita Gupta and its Managing Director Nilesh Gupta. Yashwant Mahadik is a HR professional with nearly 30 years of experience in various sectors like consumer and healthcare in global organisations. Previously, he was Global Chief Human Resources Officer in Sun Pharmaceuticals. Earlier, he held HR roles in companies like Philips, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca and Colgate Palmolive.
- On July 10, 2018, The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has conditionally approved the merger of Vodafone India with ____, the largest M&A deal in the sector, which will displace Bharti Airtel from the No. 1 spot after over 15 years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Idea Cellular
The conditions for approval include payment of Rs 7,268 crore which is split between a bank guarantee of Rs 3,342 crore to cover what Ideaowes on account of one-time spectrum charges and cash of Rs 3,926 crore by Vodafone towards the market price for non-auctioned airwaves. Upon the completion of the payment the department will transfer of Vodafone India’s licences and Vodafone Mobile Services Ltd.’s licences to Idea Cellular. Among other conditions, Idea needs to replace Vodafone’s bank guarantees worth Rs 6,452 crore held by DoT with its own. This is on account of spectrum payments that fall due over the next one year.
- On July 10, 2018, Scientists have discovered the oldest colors in the geological record, 1.1-billion-year-old _____ pigments extracted from rocks deep beneath the Sahara desert in Africa?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.bright pink
This was done by the team from The Australian National University (ANU). The fossils range from blood red to deep purple in their concentrated form, and bright pink when diluted. The bright pink pigments are the molecular fossils of chlorophyll that were produced by ancient photosynthetic organisms inhabiting an ancient ocean that has long since vanished. The researchers crushed the billion-year-old rocks to powder before extracting and analysing molecules of ancient organisms from them. The research has published in the journal- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- On July 10, 2018, Hockey India announced that _____ will lead the 18-member Indian Men’s Hockey Team at the 18th Asian Games, to be held in Jakarta and Palembang from August 18,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.P.R. Sreejesh
Midfielder Chinglensana Singh Kangujam has been named the Vice Captain. Other midfielders: Sardar Singh, Manpreet Singh, Simranjeet Singh and Vivek Sagar Prasad. India’s forward line will see Akashdeep Singh, S.V. Sunil, Mandeep Singh, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay and Dilpreet Singh. The teams defence line will have : Rupinder Pal Singh , Harmanpreet Singh, Varun Kumar and Amit Rohidas , Surender Kumar and Birendra Lakra.
- On 7th July 2018, which Indian lifter bagged the bronze medal in the 2018 IWF Junior World Weightlifting Championships at Tashkent, Uzbekistan?
4.Suraj P S
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jhilli Dalabehera
Jhilli Dalabehera lifted 167 kg in the 48 kg category and won the bronze medal. Jhilli Dalabehera has become the second woman lifter after Saikhom Mirabai Chanu in 2013 to win a medal in the Junior World Championships.
- Indian shuttler ____ finished runners-up at the White Nights International Challenge in Gatchina, Russia?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ajay Jayaram
Ajay Jayaram lost to Pablo Abian of Spain in the finals and finished runner-up. Men’s doubles pair of Tarun Kona and Saurabh Sharma lost 21-18, 13-21, 17-21 to German pair of Bjarne Geiss and Jan Colin Völker in the semi-finals.
- Who has become the oldest Indian woman to complete an Ironman Triathlon which is one of the toughest one-day sporting events?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Anju Khosla
Anju Khosla is 52 years old. She is a resident of New Delhi. She completed her first full Ironman Triathlon, in Carinthia, Austria, in 15 hours, 54 minutes and 54 seconds. It consists of 3.86 km swimming leg, 180.25 km bike leg followed by a marathon (42.2 km), to be completed without a break. In Austria, out of the 2,761 competitors, Anju Khosla crossed the finish line 38th out of 41 in her age category (W50). In the women category, she was 319th out of 336 athletes and overall 2,257th.
- On 7th July 2018, J N Sadhu died following a long term illness in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. He was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Journalist
J N Sadhu was 94 years old. He worked with The Indian Express for around 35 years. He was working as a free lance journalist after his retirement.
- Who has written the book “Winning Like Sourav: Think & Succeed Like Ganguly”?
1.A S Kiran Kumar
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Abhirup Bhattacharya
This book speaks about Sourav Ganguly’s trust on talented youngsters that gained India one of its greatest cricketers of all times – Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Sourav Ganguly is also credited for encouraging players like Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Kaif, Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and building the concepts of ‘Team India’ and ‘Men in Blue’. Sourav Ganguly turned 46 years on 8th July 2018. Abhirup Bhattacharya has previously authored “Winning Like Virat: Think and Success Like Kohli”.
- On 9th July 2018, Inspector General of the CRPF, Jammu Sector, launched ____ initiative to reach out to people undertaking the annual pilgrimage to the 3,880-metre high holy shrine of Amarnath through a mobile help centre?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Saathi
The CRPF on Monday launched a mobile help centre to reach out to people undertaking the annual pilgrimage to the 3,880-metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath. The initiative ‘Saathi’ was launched by the Inspector General of the CRPF, Jammu Sector.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman & Managing Director of ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited)?Shashi Shanker
- What is the tag line of Dhanalaxmi Bank?Tann. Mann. Dhann.
- Who is the CEO of IDEA Cellular?Himanshu Kapania
- Who is the Secretary General of Indian Weightlifting Federation?Sahdev Yadav
- Where is Kamakhya Temple located?Guwahati, Assam