AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 10 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The government has merged the Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministries. The merged ministry will now be known as:
1.Ministry of Affordable Housing and Poverty Alleviation
2.Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3.Ministry of Housing and Urban Revival
4.Ministry of Affordable Housing and Urban Affairs
5.Ministry of Housing Assistance and Urban Development
Answer – 2.Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The government has merged the urban development and housing and urban poverty alleviation ministries. Now this will be known as Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). This is third time the ministries have been merged.
- The Reliance Aerostructure proposal for the development of the Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace Park with related infrastructure facilities and services in ________ has been cleared by the Board of Approval (BoA) for special economic zone (SEZ) under the Ministry of Commerce.
Answer – 1.NagpurExplanation :
The Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace Park (DAAP) at Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) spread over 289 acres will become the largest greenfield aerospace park in the country. In the first phase, development will be spread over 104 acres and the second phase will cover an additional area of 185 acres.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which State Government to formalize its support to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine in State’s Capital?
Answer – 4.West Bengal
Government of India has approved this important initiative with an outlay of approximately Rs.200 Crore towards equipment, manpower and running costs. The land for this initiative will be provided free of cost by the State government. The move intends to strengthen the blood transfusion services in the State and the surrounding region.
- The government will organise a global food fair in November this year to provide a platform to Indian farmers and manufacturers to showcase their products and explore partnerships with foreign companies. Which among the following entity will be the event partner for this Food Fair?
1.Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI)
2.Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3.National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
4.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
5.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Answer – 5.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
The three-day ‘World Food India 2017’ will be organised form 3rd – 5th November 2017, by the Food Processing Ministry, where industry body CII will be an event partner. It is for the first time that such platform is being provided where farmers, manufacturers and retailers will showcase their products and innovations, and explore business opportunities with foreign companies.
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), which sexually-transmitted infection is becoming much harder, and sometimes impossible, to treat owing to antibiotic resistance?
Answer – 1.Gonorrhea
As per WHO data from 77 countries, antibiotic resistance is making gonorrhoea – a common sexually-transmitted infection – much harder, and sometimes impossible, to treat. Some countries – particularly high-income ones, where surveillance is best – are finding cases of the infection that are untreatable by all known antibiotics.
- Which project has been launched by British government to mark the 70th anniversary of India’s partition in August 1947?
2.Grand Trunk Road
3.The Indus Legacy
5.The Indian Highway
Answer – 2.Grand Trunk Road
‘Grand Trunk Road’, the UK-wide project was launched this week to bring British Asians of all faiths and backgrounds together to reflect on their shared history through 11 special events funded by the department for communities and local government.
- The latest tranche of Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) scheme, the first in 2017-18, was launched on:
1.July 6, 2017
2.July 7, 2017
3.July 8, 2017
4.July 9, 2017
5.July 10, 2017
Answer – 5.July 10, 2017
The government launched latest tranche of sovereign gold bond (SGB) scheme, the first in 2017-18, on July 10, 2017. The bonds are being sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd (SHCIL), designated post offices, the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- On July 10, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched a new income tax payer e-service module called:
Answer – 1.Aaykar Setu
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched Aaykar Setu, a new income tax payer e-service module, in New Delhi. To enhance mobile access experience, a mobile responsive Android version was also released along with the desktop version.
- Naresh Chandra, who passed away on July 9, 2017, was a former Indian Ambassador to:
Answer – 1.US
Mr. Chandra, a bachelor, had served as the Cabinet Secretary from 1990-92 and was the Indian Ambassador to the US from 1996 to 2001. Naresh Chandra was conferred Padma Vibhushan in 2007.
- India, the world’s third-largest oil importer, will import crude oil from which country for the first time after Indian Oil Corp bought a cargo that will be delivered in October 2017?
Answer – 3.United States
The purchase comes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the US in June 2017 when President Donald Trump said his country looked forward to exporting more energy products to India.
- Government has exempted the import of which items from the goods and services tax (GST)?
1.Hybrid car engines and components
3.Aircrafts, aircraft engines and other aircraft parts
4.Heavy engineering machines
5.Building construction material
Answer – 3.Aircrafts, aircraft engines and other aircraft parts on lease
The aviation industry had been asking for a relief on these items as it was facing a dual levy on leasing with 5 per cent IGST at the time of import and then another 5 per cent as GST on services at the time of payment of lease rental.
- The famous _________-bordered sari of Mother Teresa has been recognised as an Intellectual Property of the Missionaries of Charity.
Answer – 4.Blue-bordered sari
In order to mark the sainthood of Mother Teresa, Government of India granted the trade mark registration on the same day on September 4, 2016. The saris with the three blue stripes are woven at the Missionaries of Charity-run Gandhiji Prem Niwas at Titagarh in North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
- Who among the following has been bestowed with the Sportsperson of the Year award at the ‘Maruti Suzuki Sportsperson of the Year’ Charity Gala Awards?
1.P V Sindhu
3.M S Dhoni
Answer – 1.P V Sindhu
Rio Olympics silver medallist P V Sindhu was bestowed with the Sportsperson of the Year award during the ‘Maruti Suzuki Sportsperson of the Year’ Charity Gala Awards on July 6, 2017. Sindhu’s coach P Gopichand received the Coach of the Year award while the Flying Sikh Milkha Singh was given the Living Legend of the Year award.
- Which among the following company has been conferred with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management?
Answer – 2.Danfoss India
The award was presented in Hyderabad during the 19th World Congress on Environment Management’ in the presence of Supreme Court Justice Kurien Joseph. Acknowledging its commitment towards the environment, Danfoss India has been recognised for its LEED Platinum rated constructed manufacturing facility in Chennai.
- On July 10, 2017, who among the following launched Rashtriya Swayam sevak Sangh’s (RSS’s) Sewa Prabhag website “Sewagatha”?
1.Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
2.Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
3.Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
4.Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar
5.Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani
Answer – 3.Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
The Madhya Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the RSS website on July 10, 2017. The website will highlight the good work done by citizens and the information about it will encourage people.
- 2017 Asian Athletics Championships was held from 6th to 9th July 2017 in:
Answer – 4.Odisha
The 2017 Asian Athletics Championships was the 22nd edition of the Asian Athletics Championships. It was held from 6th to 9th July 2017 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India. Bhubaneswar was the third Indian city to host Asian Championships. Around 800 athletes from 45 countries attended the event.
- Which country topped the medals tally at 2017 Asian Athletics Championships?
Answer – 3.India
At 2017 Asian Athletics Championships, India ended the four-day championship on top of the medals tally with their highest ever medal haul of 29 medals (12 gold, 5 silver and 12 bronze). This was India’s best performance since 1985 Jakarta edition where they had won 22 medals.
- Who among the following Formula 1 driver has won Austrian Grand Prix?
Answer – 2.Valtteri Bottas
Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas dominated the Austrian Grand Prix to take his second victory of the year ahead of Sebastian Vettel. Daniel Ricciardo finished third behind Vettel.
- Sumita Sanyal, who passed away on July 9, 2017, was:
Answer – 1.Veteran Actress
Veteran Hindi and Bengali actress Sumita Sanyal has passed away at the age of 71. She acted in over 40 Bengali films. Sumita Sanyal also acted in a number of Hindi films, the most notable of which was ‘Anand’ in 1970 opposite Amitabh Bachchan.
- Veteran water expert and former Cauvery Technical Cell Chairman, ___________, passed away on July 9, 2017.
Answer – 3.A Mohankrishnan
Veteran water expert and former Cauvery Technical Cell Chairman A. Mohanakrishnan, whose knowledge and expertise on issues relating to irrigation, water bodies and inter-State water disputes guided Tamil Nadu in taking informed decisions on water-related issues for more than two decades, died in Chennai on July 9, 2017. He was 90.
- Who among the following is the author of the e-book e-book, ‘Cryptocurrency for Beginners’?
Answer – 2.Amit Bharadwaj
Crypto currency guru Amit Bhardwaj has launched an e-book ‘Cryptocurrency for Beginners’, which seeks to provide context and clarity on cryptocurrencies. This is his third book in the series, after ‘Cryptocurrency Trading for Beginners’ and ‘Cryptocurrency Mining for Beginners’.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.