AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 1 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India’s largest fresh water aquarium has recently opened in:
5.Kolkara, West Bengal
Answer – 2.Ranchi, Jharkhand
On June 28, 2017, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das inaugurated the country’s biggest fresh water aquarium in Ranchi. Hundreds of varieties of fish and several rare species have been kept at the aquarium which has been named “Ranchi Machchli Ghar”.
- The _____ anniversary of the signing of the historic Mizo peace accord between the Union government and the erstwhile underground Mizo National Front (MNF) was celebrated on June 30, 2017 in Mizoram.
Answer – 1.31st
The Mizo Accord was signed on June 30, 1986 ushering in an era of peace after 20 years of violence and disturbance in the state. All government offices and educational institutions in Mizoram remained closed on June 30, 2017, as the day was declared a public holiday.
- Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has joined hands with which company for redevelopment of 10 railway stations across the country on global standards?
1.Larsen & Toubro
3.National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC)
Answer – 3.National Building Construction Corporation
The identified stations to be taken up initially by NBCC for redevelopment are Tirupati, Sarai Rohilla (Delhi), Nellore, Puducherry, Madgaon, Lucknow, Gomtinagar, Kota, Thane (New), and Ernakulam. An MoU was signed between RLDA, an arm of the Railways for commercial exploitation of rail land, and NBCC, a PSU of urban development ministry for implementation of station redevelopment projects for the 10 identified stations.
- As per an order issued by ________, July 1 will be observed as ‘GST Day’
2.Prime Minister’s Office
3.Ministry of Finance
4.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5.Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)
Answer – 5.Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)
As per an order issued by Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), July 1 will be known as ‘GST Day’ and will be celebrated in all offices of CBEC just as Central Excise Day and International Customs Day.
- As per Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Financial Stability Report 2017, India’s economic growth in terms of gross value added (GVA) in 2017-18 is projected at:
Answer – 1.7.3%
As per Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Financial Stability Report 2017, released on June 30, 2017, reform initiatives like goods and services (GST) and continuing political stability will push the economic growth scale to 7.3% in terms of gross value added (GVA) in 2017-18
- How much fund has been contributed by India to UN Peacebuilding Fund recently?
Answer – 2.USD 500000
India has contributed USD 500,000 to the UN Peacebuilding Fund, expressing hope that more funding by nations will boost efforts by the world body to build and sustain peace.
- On June 30, 2017, Government slashed interest rates on small savings schemes by:
Answer – 1.0.10%
The 0.1% drop in interest rates applies on public provident fund scheme and national savings certificate for a five year deposit. Government schemes such as Kisan Vikas Patra and Sukanya Samruddhi Account Scheme will also have the 10 basis points revision in the interest rates.
- Which international financial organisation has provided loan of $125 million for $250 million National Biopharmaceutical Mission of Indian Government?
1.Asian Development Bank
2.New Development Bank
3.Aisan Infrastructure Investment Bank
5.International Monetary Fund
Answer – 4.World Bank
On June 30, 2017, Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan launched National Biopharmaceutical Mission. This programme has been named Innovate in India (i3). It is a $250 million dollar initiative that includes a $125 million loan from the World Bank.
- Which among the following is NOT a ‘Core Sector’ of Indian Economy?
Answer – 1.Pharmaceutical
As per official data released on June 30, 2017, the growth in output of core sectors — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity — was lower than 5.2% registered in May last year. Five of the eight industries, except coal, fertilisers and steel, witnessed a sequential improvement in growth.
- Two Indian – Americans _________ and ________will be honoured with the prestigious ‘Great Immigrants’ annual award on US’s Independence Day on July 4, 2017
1.Shantanu Narayen and Priti Patel
2.Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy
3.Priti Patel and Vivek Murthy
4.Kamla Harris and Vivek Murthy
5.Shantanu Narayen and Kamla Harris
Answer – 2.Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy
Two Indian – Americans Shantanu Narayen (Chief of Adobe) and Vivek Murthy (Former US Surgeon General) will be honoured with the prestigious ‘Great Immigrants’ annual award on US’s Independence Day on July 4, 2017. Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy are among 30 honorees for 2017, representing more than 30 different countries of origin, a wide range of personal immigration stories, and a high-level of professional leadership in numerous fields.
- Subrata Bhattacharya was associated with which sport?
Answer – 4.Football
Mohun Bagan has decided to honour its legendary former Indian defender Subrata Bhattacharya with its highest decoration — the Mohun Bagan Ratna. Bhattacharya is going to be the 17th recipient of the award.
- Who among the following has replaced Mukul Rohatgi as the new Attorney General of India?
Answer – 4.KK Venugopal
Senior advocate and constitutional expert K K Venugopal has been appointed as the new Attorney General of India. His name has been cleared by the office of the President of India. He succeeds Mukul Rohatgi as the country’s top law officer.
- Rajiv Kumar has been named as the new Chief Secretary of which state?
Answer –1.Uttar Pradesh
Rajiv Kumar replaces Rahul Prasad Bhatnagar, who was appointed by the previous Samajwadi Party (SP) government and continued in that post for the three months in the Yogi Adityanath government.
- On June 28, 2017, which telecom operator announced the launch of the Asia-Africa-Europe (AAE-1) submarine cable system?
Answer – 4.Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio has announced that AAE-1, the longest 100 Gbps (gigabits per second) technology-based submarine system, will stretch over 25,000 km from Marseille, France, to Hong Kong, with 21 cable landings across Asia and Europe.
- Simone Veil, who passed away on June 30, 2017, was:
2.Australian Film Director
4.African Novel Writer
Answer – 1.European Politician
Simone Veil, a survivor of Nazi death camps and a European Parliament president who spearheaded abortion rights as one of France’s most prominent female politicians, passed away on June 30, 2017 at the age of 89.
- Minaketan Das, who passed away on June 30, 2017, was a noted:
3.Archaelogist from Odisha
4.Sand Artist from Odisha
5.Historian from Odisha
Answer – 2.Odia Actor
Noted Odia actor Minaketan Das, well-known in Odisha’s film and television industry for his negative roles, passed away on June 30, 2017 after a prolonged illness. Das was known for his acting in a number of Odia films including ‘Balunga Toka’, ‘Jianta Bhuta’ and ‘Most Wanted’.
- What was the 2017 slogan of the ‘International Day of Co-operatives’ celebrated on July 1, 2017 (First Saturday of July)?
1.”Role of Co-operatives in Sustainable Development”
2.”Co-operatives ensure no one is left behind”
3.“Achieving Inclusive Growth through Co-operatives”
4.“Co-operatives and Technological Advancements”
5.“Making Co-operatives the Agents of Change”
Answer – 2.”Co-operatives ensure no one is left behind”
International Day of Co-operatives is an annual celebration of the co-operative movement observed on the first Saturday in July since 1923 by the International Co-operative Alliance. On December 16, 1992, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the first Saturday of July 1995 to be International Day of Cooperatives, marking the centenary of the establishment of the International Cooperative Alliance.
- N Mohapatra has ceased to be Director (Personnel) on the board of which company with effect from June 30, 2017?
1.Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
2.Oil and Natural Gas Corporation ltd.
3.Steel Authority of India Ltd.
5.Bharat Petroleum Corporation ltd.
Answer – 3.Steel Authority of India Ltd.
Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL) has announced “Consequent upon attaining the age of superannuation, N Mohapatra has ceased to be Director (Personnel) on the board of SAIL W.E.F June 30, 2017”.
- ‘National Doctor’s Day’ is celebrated in India on which date every year?
Answer – 1.July 1
In India the National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 all across India to honour the legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy. Dr. Roy was born on July 1, 1882 and died on the same date in 1962
- On June 30, 2017, R K Pachnanda took charge as the new Director General of:
1.Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
2.Central Industrial Security Force )CISF)
3.Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
4.Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
5.Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
Answer – 3.Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
R K Pachnanda is a 1983 batch Indian Police Service officer of the West Bengal cadre. Prior to the appointment as DG ITBP, R K Pachnanda has served in various capacities as Commissioner of Police, Kolkata and DG NDRF. He has been decorated with Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Service in 1999 and Presidents Police Medal for Distinguished Service in 2007.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.