AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which 2 Countries participated in the naval exercise named ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’, that held in Goa recently ?
1) India and Russia
2) India and Oman
3) India and Japan
4) India and United Arab Emirates (UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) India and Oman
On January 05,2020 2 ships of the Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) arrived at Mormugao Port in Goa to participate in the 12th edition of the Indo-Oman bilateral naval exercise ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr‘. The meaning of the biennial exercise Naseem-Al-Bahr that has been conducted since 1993 between India and Oman is sea breeze.Participating ships:Among the Indian Navy ships(INS) Beas and Subhadra are participating while 2 naval ships of the RNO i.e, RNOV (Royal Navy of Oman Vessel) Al Rasikh and RNOV Khassab are participating.
- Who chaired the High Level Committee (HLC) that sanctioned Rs 5908 crore to 7 states from National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) ?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Amit Shah
On January 6, 2020,A High Level Committee (HLC) led by the Union Minister for Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah, has released Rs. 5908.56 crore to 7 states including Assam, Himachal Pradesh (HP), Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh(MP), Maharashtra, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh (UP) to help in the losses suffered by various disasters in 2019.
S.No State Name Assistance 1 Assam Rs. 616.63 crore 2 Himachal Pradesh Rs. 284.93 crore 3 Karnataka Rs. 1869.85 crore 4 Madhya Pradesh Rs. 1749.73 crore 5 Maharashtra Rs. 956.93 crore 6 Tripura Rs. 63.32 crore 7 Uttar Pradesh Rs 367.17 crore
- Which state has celebrated the 4th edition of the Buxa Bird Festival 2020 recently ?
2) Arunachal Pradesh (AR)
3) West Bengal(WB)
4) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) West Bengal(WB)
On January 7, 2020, A 3-day long 4th edition of the Buxa Bird Festival 2020 has begun in Buxa National Park in the Alipurduar district of West Bengal(WB).The festival, organized by West Bengal Forest Department, will see the participation of around 50 people, including prominent ornithologists, birdwatchers and bird enthusiasts from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi.Till now, the presence of More than 300 rare species of birds has been noticed in Buxa National Park.
- Name the 1st tri-dimensional expedition launched by Indian Navy in Maharashtra to promote the heritage of Indian Navy & to spread awareness about Coastal Security .
1) Maha-Navy Connect 2020
2) Secure-Navy Connect 2020
3) Aware-Navy Connect 2020
4) Heritage-Navy Connect 2020
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Maha-Navy Connect 2020
On January 5, 2020, the first tri-dimensional expedition ‘Maha-Navy Connect 2020’ was launched by Indian Navy in Mumbai. It aims to promote the heritage of Indian Navy and to spread awareness about Coastal Security amongst the coastal communities in Maharashtra. It was flagged of by Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P.The expedition continues till January 11, 2020.The tri-dimensional expedition consists of yachting, running and cycling teams of 50 naval personnel.
- Where did India has set up the New World-Class Facility center for training astronauts ?
1) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Challakere, Karnataka
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Challakere, Karnataka
The new World- Class facility center for training astronauts will come up in India in the next three years at Challakere in Chitradurga district of Karnataka.The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed Rs 2700 crore, to set its young House Space Flight Centre (HSFC) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, which will be the single-top for all space related activities for space travelers.By these facilities the cost of sending Indian astronauts to foreign countries for such facilities can be reduced.Four pilots of India will train at the “Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Centre” in Russia for Gaganyaan mission 2022.
- Which state will organize the 1st edition of Zo Kutpui festival 2020 across 10 states in India ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Mizoram
In a bid to unify different tribes of Mizo community, the state Government of Mizoram will organize the 1st edition of Zo Kutpui festival 2020 across 10 states in India & also in countries such as Maryland in the US (United States), Tahan in Myanmar and Bangladesh from January 9, 2020.The 1st such festival, organized by the Mizoram tourism department, would be held at Vanghmun, a hub of Mizos in neighbouring Tripura, from January 9 – 11,2020. Then festival will carry forward to other states which have a significant Mizo population.
- What is the default temperature setting of all Air Conditioner (AC) that was set by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) with effect from January 1, 2020 ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 24°C
On January 06, 2020 the central govt. in consultation with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has notified new energy performance standards for room Air Conditioner (AC) on 30th October 2019. Under the ambit of BEE star-labelling program vide the notification, the default temperature setting for all ACs has been made mandatory at 24°C with effect from January 1, 2020. ISEER new range: The Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER) as per the new standards will also be ranging from 3.30 – 5.00 for split ACs and 2.70 – 3.50 for window air conditioners. This will become effective from January 1, 2021 onwards.
- Which city has launched the 3rd edition of the ‘Sukanya’ project that provides self defence training to girls studying in Schools and Colleges ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Kolkata, West Bengal
On January 06, 2020, the Kolkata police of West Bengal started the 3rd edition of the ‘Sukanya’ project in the state. The project provides self- defence training to girls studying in school and colleges of Kolkata city. In the 3rd batch of the project, 100 city based schools and colleges lying in the Kolkata police jurisdiction were given training.
- Name the 1st Urban Cooperative Bank (UCB) that received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s approval to function as Small Finance Bank (SFB) .
1) Indore Swayamsiddh Mahila Co-Operative Bank
2) Buldana Urban Co-Operative Bank Limited
3) Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd
4) Arihant Urban Co-Operative Bank Limited
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd
On January 06,2020 the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), gave approval to Uttar Pradesh based Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd to convert to a small finance bank (SFB). With this, Shivalik Mercantile became the 1st urban cooperative bank (UCB) to be converted into an SFB since the release of reformed RBI guidelines which came out 2 years ago. Grant of License: The RBI will grant licence to Shivalik Mercantile bank for the commencement of banking business under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as an SFB.
- CRAR was in news recently, what does ‘A’ stands for ?
1) A – Authority
2) A – Assets
3) A – Auctions
4) A – Association
5) None of theseAnswer-2) A – Assets
A stands for Assets.The full form of CRAR is Capital to Risk-weighted Assets ratio (CRAR).It was in news recently because RBI has notified that Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs), may also come under the scanner when its Capital to Risk-weighted Assets ratio (CRAR) falls below 9 %.
- Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs), will be kept under Supervisory Action Framework (SAF) if the net Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) exceeds __________ % .
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 6%
On January 7, 2020,Inorder to better manage the stressed UCBs, India’s Central Bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released its final Supervisory Action Framework (SAF) tightening norms for Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs). An UCB will be kept under supervisory action framework when its net non-performing assets (NPAs) exceed 6% of its net advances. As soon as this threshold is breached, RBI will take multiple actions, depending on severity of stress. UCBs may also come under the scanner when its Capital to Risk-weighted Assets ratio (CRAR) falls below 9 %.
- Which category of banks are enabled to offer round-the-clock (24×7) trading in the Indian rupee to safeguard their foreign exchange (Forex) risks from earlier timing of 9 am to 5 pm ?
1) Authorised Dealer (AD) Category -II banks
2) Authorised Dealer (AD) Category -I banks
3) Authorised Dealer (AD) Category -III banks
4) Authorised Dealer (AD) Category -VI banks
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Authorised Dealer (AD) Category -I banks
On January 06, 2020, Inorder to reduce the rising influence of offshore trading in the currency markets, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has enabled AD Category-I banks to offer round-the-clock (24×7) trading in the Indian rupee to allow Indians to safeguard their foreign exchange (Forex) risks at any time. Till now, the select banks in India offered Indian customers foreign exchange rates only in inter-bank market hours from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Which organization has launched the ‘Knowledge Hub’ for BFSI (Banking,Financial services and Insurance) sectors to enhance skills for their employees ?
1) National Stock Exchange(NSE)
2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI)
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) None of theseAnswer-1) National Stock Exchange(NSE)
On January 6, 2020, National Stock Exchange(NSE) launched ‘NSE Knowledge Hub’ an Artificial Intelligence-powered learning platform for BFSI (Banking,Financial services and Insurance) sectors to enhance skills for their employees, during an event in New Delhi. The function was inaugurated by Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Railways & Commerce and Industries. It has been developed by NSE Academy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- _____ edition of Golden Globe Awards honouring the best films and television of calendar year 2019 that held in California, United States of America (USA) .
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 77th
On 5th January 2020, the 77th Golden Globe Awards honouring the best films and television of calendar year 2019 was held at Beverly Hills, California in the USA (United States of America). English stand-up comedian, actor, writer, director, producer, and musician Ricky Gervais hosted the ceremony for the fifth time.
- Which film has won the Best Motion Picture Award under the Musical or Comedy Category during the 77th Golden Globe Awards ?
2) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
In 77th Golden Globe Awards, the film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” won the most awards for the ceremony with three, including Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. In television, Succession, Fleabag, and Chernobyl were the most awarded, with two awards each.
- Who won the “Cecil B. DeMille Award for 2019” during the 77th Golden Globe Awards ?
1) Thomas Jeffrey Hanks
2) Tim Allen
3) Michael Clarke Duncan
4) Tom Cruise
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Thomas Jeffrey Hanks
American actor and filmmaker Thomas Jeffrey Hanks familiarly known as Tom Hanks won the Cecil B. DeMille Award for 2019. The Cecil B. DeMille Award is an honorary award bestowed for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment in memory of its first recipient, director Cecil B. DeMille.
- For which of the following film, Joaquin Phoenix receives the “Best Actor award for 2019 under Drama Category” in the 77th Golden Globe Awards ?
1) The Farewell
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Joker
Joaquin Phoenix receives the “Best Actor award for 2019 under Drama Category” for the film “Joker” in the 77th Golden Globe Awards.
Category Winner Best Motion Picture – Drama 1917 Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Best Actor – Drama Joaquin Phoenix for “Joker” Best Actress – Drama Renée Zellweger for “Judy” Best Actor – Musical or Comedy Taron Egerton for “Rocketman” Best Actress – Musical or Comedy Awkwafina for “The Farewell” Best Supporting Actor Brad Pitt for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- Who confers the 1st edition of Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) to 30 media organisations in New Delhi ?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Narendra Modi
3) Prakash Javadekar
4) Ram Vilas Paswan
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Prakash Javadekar
On January 07, 2020 the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting (MoIB) Shri Prakash Javadekar conferred the 1st edition of the Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) to 30 media organisations in New Delhi. The awards were given as an honour to media organisations for contributing to the spread of yoga in the society. The chairman of the jury of 6 members was Chandramauli Kumar Prasad who is the current chairman of the Press Council of India(PCI).
- Who was concurrently accredited as the next ambassador of India to the Dominica on January 6,2020 ?
1) Sangeeta Bahadur
2) Arun Kumar Sahu
3) Srikumar Menon
4) Kishan Dan Dewal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Arun Kumar Sahu
On January 6,2020 Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has concurrently accredited Arun Kumar Sahu as the next ambassador of India to the mountainous Caribbean island of Dominica, with residence in Port of Spain. He succeeded Madhu Sethi.Sahu is a 1996 batch IFS (Indian Foreign Service) officer, who serves presently as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Who launched the web portal (http://www.modnoc.ncog.gov.in/) for undertaking aerial photography/remote sensing survey on January 6, 2020 ?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Rajnath Singh
On January 6, 2020, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched Ministry of Defence (MoD) No Objection Certificate (NOC) web portal www.modnoc.ncog.gov.in for undertaking aerial photography/remote sensing survey with the final permission of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) during an ocassion in New Delhi.This Portal helps in reducing the MoD’s time in issuing NOC and also speeds the developmental projects and will also ensure expeditious disposal of applications for carrying out aerial survey, besides bringing in more transparency and accuracy.
- Which city will host the 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG) from February 22nd to March 1, 2020 ?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
On January 06, 2020, Bhubaneswar, Odisha has been selected to host the 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG) which will be held from February 22nd to March 1, 2020, at Bhubaneswar’s KIIT University (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University). The Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju and Odisha’s Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik unveiled the logo and jersey of Khelo India University Games during a event in Bhubaneshwar.
- Name the Mascots of the 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG) .
1) Jay and Vijay
2) Jay and Bijay
3) Ajay and Bijay
4) Ajay and Vijay
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Jay and Bijay
Mascots of the 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG):‘Jay and Bijay‘.The event will be hosted in association with the Sports Authority of India (SAI), Association of Indian Universities, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and the National Sports Federation (NSFs).
- Daniele De Rossi has announced his retirement recently, he was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Football
On January 07, 2020, former Roma & Italian professional footballer and the 2006 FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) world cup winner Daniele De Rossi (36 years) has announced his retirement from the game after retiring from Argentina’s Boca Juniors Football club.Daniel has played 117 games for Italy from 2004-17 and won the 2006 world cup title after defeating France.He is Italy’s 4th most most-capped player with 117 caps.
- Who won the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England ?
1) Magesh Chandran Panchanathan
2) M. R. Lalith Babu
3) Pentala Harikrishna
4) Krishnan Sasikiran
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Magesh Chandran Panchanathan
On January 6, 2020, A 36 years old, India’s grandmaster (GM) Magesh Chandran Panchanathan from Madurai, Tamil Nadu wins the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England.Magesh chandran stands with a FIDE(International Chess Federation) rating of 2479 finished first place with 7.5 points from nine games.He remained unbeaten in all the nine rounds and defeated his compatriot G A Stany from Karnataka also a grandmaster in the final round.
- Prem Nath Hoon passed away recently, he was a _________ .
4) Military Personnel
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Military Personnel
On January 6, 2020, Former Western Army Commander Lieutenant General Prem Nath Hoon, 90 years old, passed away in Chandigarh. He was born at Abbottabad in Pakistan and commissioned into the army in 1947. He is one of the most senior military veterans in the country.He led the ‘Operation Meghdoot’ the code-name for the Indian Armed forces to capture the Siachen Glacier in the Kashmir region. He also served during 1965 in the India-Pakistan war.He also served as director-general military operations and retired in 1987 as Army Commander, Chandimundir.
- Footballer Hans Tilkowski, passed away recently, he belonged to which country ?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Germany
On January 06, 2020, Former West Germany football Goalkeeper Hans Tilkowski, passed away at the age of 84 due to old age ailments. He played in the 1996 world cup against England. He was born in Dortmund-Husen, Germany.He was renowned for a controversial Geoff Hurst ‘ghost-goal’ at the 1966 World Cup final which hit the crossbar and was adjudged to have crossed the line during extra-time leading to England win the trophy for 4-2.Tilkowski also had won the German Cup in 1965 and Cup Winners’ Cup in 1966 with Dortmund football club. Dortmund became the first German club to win a major European competition in the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Cup Winners’ Cup in May 1966.
- Padma Bhushan Awardee, Akbar Padamsee passed away recently, he was a legendary _______ .
1) Actor & Singer
2) Actor & Director
3) Painter & Artist
4) Producer & Director
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Painter & Artist
On January 6,2020 the celebrated painter and artist Akbar Padamsee, 91 years old, died at the Isha Yoga Ashram near Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Art Icon Padamsee was born on 12 April 1928 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Veteran artist Akbar Padamsee was also a photographer, sculptor, painter, engraver, film-maker and lithographer.His very first solo show was held at the Jehangir Art gallery, Mumbai in 1954. He was awarded “Padma Bhushan” by the Indian Government in 2010.
- Which organization will observe 2020 as the ‘Year of Mobility’ ?
1) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
2) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
3) Border Security Force (BSF)
4) Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will observe 2020 as the ‘Year of Mobility’. It aims for the creation of more residential units and the implementation of various welfare measures for the troops. It will focus on sports and physical fitness leveraging modern gadgetry and constructing infrastructure to their families.
- Which state has launched the “MyGov portal” & became the 11th state to do so ?
1) West Bengal (WB)
3) Uttar Pradesh (UP)
4) Himachal Pradesh (HP)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Himachal Pradesh (HP)
On January 6, 2020, Himachal Pradesh (HP) Chief Minister (CM) Jai Ram Thakur has launched the Himachal MyGov portal – (https://himachal.mygov.in/en) to strengthen public participation in the government system. He also launched CM App during the occasion in Shimla, HP. Himachal is the 11th state in India to provide this app. It is a new innovative initiative of a partnership between government and citizens with the help of technology for the development of India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the scheme launched by government of India that distributes over 36.13 crore LED bulbs across the country . Answer-Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA)
Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) was launched under which over 36.13 crore LED bulbs were distributed across the country .Recently UJALA and Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) of the central government completed five successful years of illuminating the country today. This has resulted in estimated energy savings of 46.92 billion kilowatt-hour per year.
- Where is the headquarters of FIDE(International Chess Federation) located ? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- Who is the 1st Chief of Defence staff of India ? Answer-General Bipin Rawat
- Who is the MD and CEO of National Stock Exchange(NSE) ? Answer-Vikram Limaye
- Gorumara National Park is located in which state ? Answer-West Bengal
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]