AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Under which scheme, the Department of Heavy Industries has sanctioned 2636 EV (Electric Vehicles) charging stations to clean the mobility in Road Transport Sector ?
1) FAME India (Fast Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) Scheme
2) QAME India (Quick Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) Scheme
3) RAME India (Rapid Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) Scheme
4) FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) Scheme
5) None of theseAnswer-4) FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) Scheme
On January 3, 2020 the Department of Heavy Industries had sanctioned 2636 EV (Electric Vehicles) charging stations in 62 cities across 24 State/UTs under FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) scheme phase II to clean the mobility in Road Transport Sector. It aims to increase the electric vehicle users and also encourage Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) to launch new electric models.
- NEST was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for ___________ .
1) S – Strategic
2) S – Securities
3) S – Stabilisation
4) S – Speculation
5) None of theseAnswer-1) S – Strategic
S stands for Strategic.The Full form of NEST is New, Emerging and Strategic Technologies (NEST) .
- To boost which type of Saree production, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has opened its first Silk Processing Plant in Gujarat ?
1) Bomkai Sarees
2) Patola Sarees
3) Bandhani/Bandhej Saree
4) Bhagalpuri Saree
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Patola Sarees
On January 3, 2020 Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) opened its first Silk Processing Plant in Surendranagar district of Gujarat to increase the production of Gujarat Patola Sarees. The Plant was set up at a cost of Rs 75 lakh by Khadi institution where RS 60 lakh was contributed by KVIC. Patola Sarees are the trademark of Gujarat.
- Name the division, that was formed by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to deal with new and emerging technologies .
1) NEST – Neutrality, Emerging and Strategic Technologies
2) NEST – Network, Emerging and Strategic Technologies
3) NEST – New, Emerging and Strategic Technologies
4) NEST – National, Emerging and Strategic Technologies
5) None of theseAnswer-3) NEST – New, Emerging and Strategic Technologies
On January 1, 2020 The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has set up a New, Emerging and Strategic Technologies (NEST) division which helps to deal with new and emerging technologies. NEST helps to partner with 5G and artificial intelligence areas of other countries. Under NEST, central government allows data sharing of various network makers in which Huawei shares its customer details with Chinese government under 5G trails.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi, released the 3rd installment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana of Rs.2000 for the December2019- March 2020 period ?
1) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Tumkuru, Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Tumkuru, Karnataka
PM Shri Modi released the 3rd installment of PM Kisan scheme i.e., Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana of Rs.2000 for the December2019- March 2020 period in Tumkuru, Karnataka.Through this amount disbursal, nearly 6 crore people will be benefited. The beneficiaries were also handed over certificates under the scheme from 8 states/Union Territories (UTs). Under the 3rd tranche of the scheme Rs 12000 crore has been deposited. The money has been disbursed to the personal accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- How many high-tech Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) labs with scientists under age 35 years was inaugurated recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 5
PM Modi inaugurated 5 new scientific DRDO (Defence Research Development Organisation) laboratories in Bengaluru. In this laboratory only scientists under the age of 35 years will be deployed. These scientists will develop cutting-edge and futuristic technologies for military weaponry. DRDO lab locations:The DRDO Young Scientist Laboratories (DYSLs) have come up in Bengaluru (Karnataka), Mumbai (Maharashtra), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Kolkata (West Bengal) and Hyderabad (Telangana).
Si.No DRDO labs location State Lab domain 1 DRDO Bengaluru Karnataka Artificial Intelligence (AI) 2 IIT-Bombay Maharashtra Quantum Technology 3 IIT-Madras Tamil Nadu Cognitive Technology 4 Jadavpur University, Kolkata West Bengal Asymmetric Technology 5 IIT Hyderabad Telangana Smart materials
- Where was the 107th International Science Congress for the year 2020 with the theme “Science and Technology: Rural Development” inaugurated ?
1) Kochi, Kerala
2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Prime Minister was inaugurating the 107th Indian Science Congress (ISC) at the University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) in Bengaluru. The theme of ISC for the year 2020 was “Science and Technology: Rural Development”.Events to be held: The 5 day ISC event will have 15,000 participants. For the 1st time Farmers science congress will be held. Apart from that Children’s science congress, women science congress, former vice chancellors’ science congress, science communicators Meet – 2020, mega science exhibition- pride of India- ISC Expo will also be held.
- Where was the India’s 1st of its kind turtle rehabilitation centre inaugurated ?
1) West Bengal
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Bihar
A 1st of its kind rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles is to be inaugurated in January 2020 in the Bhagalpur forest division of Bihar. This centre spread over half a hectare will be able to shelter 500 turtles at a time. The centre will also treat turtles that are sick, severely injured or smuggled, and then be returned safely into its natural habitat.
- I-STEM website was launched recently, Expand I–STEM ?
1) Innovation in Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map
2) Invention in Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map
3) Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map
4) International Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map
Prime Minister also launched the Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map (I-STEM) Portal during ISC. The portal is designed to be the gateway for researchers to locate specific type of facility they need for their Research and development (R&D) work in India.
- Which 2 countries exchanged the list of Nuclear Installations on January 01, 2020 ?
1) India and Pakistan
2) Pakistan and China
3) China and Russia
4) India and Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer-1) India and Pakistan
On January 01, 2020 India and Pakistan exchanged lists of nuclear installations. The 2 countries have agreed to not be targeted incase of hostilities in continuation of the 3 decade old tradition. The exchanges were shared through diplomatic channels simultaneously at New Delhi and Islamabad (Pakistan).
- To which country, Export-Import (Exim) Bank has given a $75 million (over Rs 500 crore) line of credit (LoC, a soft loan / loan with low interest rate) for financing 75 MW (megawatt) Photovoltaic Solar Parks ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Cuba
On January 3, 2020, Export-Import (Exim)Bank, the premier export finance institution of India has given a $75 million (over Rs 500 crore) line of credit (LoC, a soft loan / loan with low interest rate) to Cuba for financing 75 MW (megawatt) Photovoltaic Solar Parks.The Agreement in this regard between Exim Bank & Banco Exterior De Cuba, a nominated agency of the Government of Cuba, signed on July 16,2019 & is effective from December 12,2019.
- Name the firm, that has partnered with PNB MetLife India Insurance Company to provide life insurance to its customers.
1) TransUnion CIBIL
2) Banking Codes and Standards Board of India
3) Indian Banks’ Association
4) RevFin Services Private Limited
5) None of theseAnswer-4) RevFin Services Private Limited
On January 03, 2020, India’s leading Digital lending startup, RevFin Services Private Limited has joined hands with PNB MetLife India Insurance Company to offer protection to the RevFin’s customers by bundling life insurance cover on their loans. This insurance covers loans up to ₹3 lakh for a period of 3 years.In addition to this, RevFin customers who have taken a loan to buy an electric three-wheeler vehicle, can take benefit of this partnership, and cover their remaining loan amount during the loan period.
- Which Payment Bank has signed an MoU with CSC e-Governance services India ltd for selling FASTags ?
1) India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)
2) Airtel Payments Bank (APB)
3) Paytm Payments Bank ltd (PPBL)
4) Aditya Birla Payments Bank (ABPB)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Paytm Payments Bank ltd (PPBL)
On January 04, 2020, CSC e-Governance services India ltd has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Paytm Payments Bank ltd (PPBL) for selling FASTags. Through this MoU, FASTags will be sold through the last mile network of 3.6 lakh CSCs (Common Service Centres). This will help in enhancing govt’s vision of cashless and smoot transit at toll plazas in the country. CSC will integrate its platform with PPBL to carry out the transactions. Village level entrepreneurs will be trained on conducting online sales which are cashless and paperless.
- What is the Foreign Exchange (Forex) reserves of India on 27 December,2019 as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s “ Bulletin Weekly Statistical Supplement – Extract” ?
1) $ 457.468 billion
2) $ 557.468 billion
3) $ 257.468 billion
4) $ 357.468 billion
5) None of theseAnswer-1) $ 457.468 billion
On January 03, 2020, According to the “ Bulletin Weekly Statistical Supplement – Extract” released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s foreign exchange (Forex) reserves rose by $ 2.520 billion to a record $ 457.468 billion during the week ended 27 December,2019. During the previous week,Forex reserves had increased by $ 456 million to $ 454.948 billion .
- Who won the ‘100 Global Child Prodigy Award 2020′ in the “singing” category for singing 120 languages ?
1) Aditi Singh Sharma
2) Sucheta Satish
3) Jonita Gandhi
4) Shilpa Rao
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Sucheta Satish
On January 3, 2020, A Dubai-based Indian girl, Sucheta Satish (14), who sings in 120 languages,has won the ‘100 Global Child Prodigy Award 2020′ in the category of singing.The award ceremony was held in Ashok Hotel, Delhi. Sucheta, a student in Dubai Indian High School, was awarded along with 99 other child prodigies at the awards, which was attended by chief guest Nobel Peace Prize (2014) winner Shri Kailash Satyarthi.
- Which country’s Prime Minister (PM), Zoran Zaev has submitted his resignation on January 3, 2020 ?
4) North Macedonia
5) None of theseAnswer-4) North Macedonia
On January 3, 2020 North Macedonia Prime Minister (PM) Zoran Zaev submitted his resignation. His resignation paves a way to form a new caretaker government under the country’s former interior minister Oliver Spasovski until April 12, 2020 election.
- Where did Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has set up its fourth Regional Academic Centre for Space (RAC-S) recently ?
1) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Surathkal, Karnataka
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Surathkal, Karnataka
On January 3, 2020 Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) sets its fourth Regional Academic Centre for Space (RAC-S) at the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) at Surathkal in Mangaluru taluk. The centre helps for the advanced research in the areas of relevance to the future technological and programmatic needs of the Indian Space programme.It also helps in the promotion of space technology in southern regions like Tamil Nadu,Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Pondicherry and Lakshadweep.
- Which type of fish was declared extinct by China recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Paddlefish
On January 03, 2020, China has declared that the country’s giant paddlefish often called as ‘Panda of the Yangtze river’ has become extinct. The extinction was reported due to decades of overfishing. As per scientists of the Yangtze River Fisheries Research Institute (YRFRI) the paddlefish with scientific name Psephurus gladius which can grow upto 22 feet (7 meters) in length became extinct between 2005 and 2010. The fish can grow at around 10 feet long on average in the Yangtze river, the longest river in Asia. the team conducted basin-wide survey between 2017 and 2018. Out of the 332 species that was found, not even single liven specimen of the paddlefish was found.
- Manav Thakar becomes the world’s No.1 player recently, he is associated with which sport ?
2) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Table Tennis
Manav Thakar 19 years old young Indian table tennis player who jumped nine places and become the world’s No.1 player U-21 (Under-21) Men’s single category rankings released by the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation). Thakar won The U-21 men’s singles title at the ITTF Challenge Plus Benemax-Virgo North American Open in Markham, Canada by defeating Argentina’s player Martin Bentancor. Among other Indians, Sathiyam has retained his 30th spot in the senior category, while Achanta Sharath Kamal ranked at 33rd position. Among women, India’s Manika Batra was static at the 61st position.
- Name the former commissioner of the NBA (National Basketball Association), who passed away recently .
1) Jerome Williams
2) Grant Hill
3) Dwight Davis
4) David Joel Stern
5) None of theseAnswer-4) David Joel Stern
On January 1,2020 David Joel Stern born in New York,United States is a former commissioner of the NBA (National Basketball Association) passed away due to brain haemorrhage. He took the NBA’s growth into a global sports powerhouse.He served as commissioner of the NBA for 30 (1984-2014) years.David Stern retired on February 2014.
- Bhim Chandra Jana passed away recently, he was a ____________ .
3) Freedom fighter
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Freedom fighter
On January 4 2020, Centenarian Freedom fighter Bhim Chandra Jana has died of old-age related ailments in West Bengal’s Howrah District at the age of 107.Bhim Chandra Jana was also known as ‘Nanu’ to other freedom fighters of Bengal.Jana was awarded by Government of India after Independence.
- Paul Hector (PH) Pandian has passed away recently, he was the former Assembly Speaker of which state ?
1) Tamil Nadu (TN)
2) West Bengal (WB)
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Tamil Nadu (TN)
On January 04, 2020, Paul Hector (PH) Pandian, an Indian politician of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) party & former Speaker of Tamil Nadu (TN) Assembly passed away at a private hospital in Chennai, Tamil Nadu after prolonged illness. He was 74.Born on 29 March 1945 in Cheranmahadevi town in Tirunelveli district of TN, Pandian joined AIADMK in 1972.He was the Speaker of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly from February 27, 1985 – February 5, 1989.
- World Braille Day is observed annually on ___________ .
1) January 3
2) January 4
3) January 2
4) January 1
5) None of theseAnswer-2) January 4
World Braille Day is being observed on January 4 every year across the world to mark the remembrance of Louis Braille who invented Braille script which helps the visually disability persons to read as well as to write. The day was celebrated by the United Nations and other organizations.Aim: The aim is to spread awareness among society about the plight and cause of people with visual abilities.Louis Braille was born on 4th January 1809 in the town of Coupvray in Northern France.He lost his eyes just at the age of 3. This led to the invention of language with 6 dots- Braille script.
- Name the scheme launched by Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh (AP), Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy to provide free medical treatment to the poor .
1) YSR Asara
2) YSR Jalayagnam
3) YSR Aarogyasri Bharosa
4) YSR Aarogyasri scheme
5) None of theseAnswer-4) YSR Aarogyasri scheme
On January 3, 2020,In a bid to provide free medical treatment to the poor, The Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh (AP),Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy has inaugurated “YSR Aarogyasri scheme” at Eluru in West Godavari district of AP. The scheme will be extended to each district of the state from the month April 2020.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Scheme launched by government of India to provide Rs.6000 to small and marginal farmers per year. Answer-Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM – KISAN)
- Where is the Headquarters of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) located ? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- What is the Capital and Currency of North Macedonia ? Answer-Capital- Skopje & Currency- Macedonian denar
- Who is the Managing Director of Export-Import (Exim) Bank ? Answer-David Rasquinha
- Valmiki National park is located in which state ? Answer-Bihar
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]