Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The 2017 Brahmaputra Literary festival has been organized by the Government of which state on January 28, 2017?
D.Arunachal PradeshAnswer – C.Assam
The three-day long Brahmaputra Literary festival began in Guwahati, Assam on January 28, 2017. The festival has been by the State Government jointly with the National Book Trust. The event was inaugurated by the Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar in presence of Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal and others. The main focus of the festival is in the languages, literature, culture, society, politics, performance traditions, music, identity, media of the northeastern region of the country including national and international elements packages.
- What is the special theme of the three day 29th Kerala Science Congress organized in Kerala from January 28, 2017?
A.Ecology and Environment
B.Science Education and Research
D.Climate Change and its Impact on Water Resources of KeralaAnswer – A.Ecology and Environment
The 29th Kerala Science Congress was inaugurated by the Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on January 28, 2017 at the APJ Abdul Kalam hall in the Mar Thoma College in Thiruvalla. The special theme of the congress is Ecology and Environment. The focal theme of the congress is ‘Genomics in health and disease’. The three day annual science event has been jointly organized by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment and the Kerala Forest Research Institute.
- Which state government ratified the proposal of Bhutan on January 27, 2017 to set up of a Consulate General Office of the Royal Government of Bhutan in Guwahati?
D.Tamil NaduAnswer – B.Assam
The Government of Assam led by Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal, on January 27, 2017 agreed to a proposal by the Royal Government of Bhutan for setting up of a Consulate General Office in Guwahati and also conveyed this decision to the Union Ministry of External Affairs. The proposal was ratified by the Assam government in a meeting held in Guwahati between top Assam government officials and a five-member delegation of the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- What is the rank of Indian Think Tank Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in the Global Go to Think Tank Index under Asia category released on January 27, 2017 by the United State’s Lauder Institute?
D.FirstAnswer – D.First
According to the latest Global Go To Think Tank Index Report, released globally by the Lauder Institute, Pennsylvania University, US on January 27, 2017, the Delhi based Observer Research Foundation (ORF) has been ranked as the top think tank in the China, India, Japan and the Republic of Korea category. ORF was seen as the most featured Indian think tank across categories by appearing in 26 places making it the most top Think Tank in Asia Category.
- The Central Water Commission (CWC) signed two separate MoUs with IIT Madras and IIS Bengaluru on January 27, 2017 to enhance the capability of the institute in assisting its DRIP project. Expand DRIP.
A.Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project
B.Dividend Reinvestment and Improvement Project
C.Disability Research and Information Project
D.Data Range and Information PlanAnswer – A.Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project
The Central Water Commission (CWC) under the Ministry of Water Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation signed two separate MoUs with IIT Madras and IIS Bengaluru on January 27, 2017 in New Delhi. The MoU aims to help the institutes to procure specified equipment and software for enhancing their capability to support the World Bank assisted Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) of CWC.
- With which country’s Prime Minister, the US President Donald Trump held his first summit after being sworn in as the President?
D.IndiaAnswer – C.United Kingdom
After being sworn in as the President of United States on January 20, 2017, Donald Trump held his first summit with a foreign leader, United Kingdom’s Prime Minister Theresa May on January 27, 2017 in his Oval Office. During the conference, Trump reiterated his support for Britain’s decision to leave the European Union saying that Brexit is a wonderful thing.
- Loan giving App CASHe has signed an agreement with which digital payment company on January 27, 2017 to enable its users deposit the loan amount in the digital wallet?
D.PaytmAnswer – D.Paytm
India’s fastest loan giving app for young salaried professionals, CASHe has partnered with Paytm on January 27, 2017 to allow its users to deposit cash transfers from CASHe to their Paytm wallets. With this integration, users of CASHe will have an option to transfer their loan amounts into their Paytm Wallets in part or in full and credit the rest of the amount into their bank accounts. This is an industry-first innovation from CASHe.
- Who among the following has been inducted into the 2017 Ophthalmology Hall of Fame by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)?
A.Dr. Philip C. Hessburg
B.Dr.Gullapalli N Rao
C.Dr. Paul H. Ernest
D.Dr. Hiroko BissenAnswer – B.Dr.Gullapalli N Rao
Dr.Gullapalli N Rao, Founder and Chairman, L V Prasad Eye Institute, has been selected as one of two inductees for the prestigious 2017 Ophthalmology Hall of Fame instituted by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS). He would be honored at the induction ceremony in Los Angeles on May six at the ASCRS annual meeting.
- The Oil PSUs has signed an MoU with the Andhra Pradesh Government on January 27, 2017 to set up projects worth how much amount in the state?
A.Rs. 1.20 lakh crore
B.Rs. 2.55 lakh crore
C.Rs. 1.65 lakh crore
D.Rs. 50 lakh croreAnswer – C.Rs.1.65 lakh crore
The Public Sector Oil Companies including HPCL, ONGC and the GAIL have signed MoUs on January 27, 2017 with the Andhra Pradesh Government to invest 1.65 lakh crore in several projects of the state especially the Krishna-Godavari basin. The MoU was signed between the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan with the state government during a session on Sunrise Andhra Pradesh at the partnership summit organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry and the Andhra Pradesh government.
- Who has been appointed the new Vice-Chancellor of Nalanda University with effect from January 25, 2017?
A.Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar
B.Yogesh K Tyagi
C.Girish Chandra Tripathi
D.Gopa SabharwalAnswer – A.Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar
Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar, a technocrat who is considered the father of the Indian Supercomputer, has been appointed the new Vice-Chancellor of Nalanda University, Rajgir, in Bihar. President Pranab Mukherjee named Bhatkar for the post with effect from January 25. He will hold the office for a three-year period from the date of his appointment as per the Nalanda University Act, Sec 11(3).
- Who has been appointed as the new governor of Meghalaya (additional charge) on January 27, 2017?
A.Najma A. Heptulla
D.Kaptan Singh SolankiAnswer – C.Banwarilal Purohit
Assam governor Banwarilal Purohit was given additional charge of Meghalaya by the centre as the post was lying vacant due to the resignation of Meghalaya governor V Shanmuganathan.
- The Chief of Army staff launched a Whatsapp helpline number on January 27, 2017 to address the grievances of army personnel. Who is the Chief of Army staff?
D.Dalbir Singh SuhagAnswer – B.Bipin Rawat
The Chief of Army staff Gen Bipin Rawat launched a Whatsapp helpline number on January 27, 2017 to receive grievances of army personnel. Several soldiers posted their grievances on social media about the food that was being served to them and the conditions that they were put in as a result the army chief took the decision of launching the watsapp service
- Scientists from which country have discovered an ancient insect preserved in amber, having its own specific order of existence?
D.GermanyAnswer – A.United States
Scientists from US-based Oregon State University (OSU) has recently discovered insect preserved in amber that is believed to have been existed 100 million years ago and is entirely different from the existing groups. Referred to as Aethiocarenus burmanicus by the scientists, these insects have been assigned to the new Aethiocarenodea order as they do not fit with any of the existing 30 or so orders to which all the millions of insects of the world belong.
- Which animated character has been selected as the brand ambassador of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
D.Son GokuAnswer – D.Son Goku
The Tokyo Olympic Committee has now announced that Son Goku, a cult anime character from Dragonball Z, will serve as one of its brand ambassadors. Goku will have Naruto, Shin Chan, Sailor Moon, Petty Cure, Luffy and Astroboy for company in the ambassadorial role with their faces plastered over the official merchandises. Tokyo was announced as the host in 2013 and the Games are scheduled to be held from July 24 to August 9 2020.
- Who is the head of the reconstituted TOP Committee to identify and support potential medal prospects for 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games under the Target Olympic Podium scheme?
C.P. T. Usha
D.Karnam MalleshwariAnswer – A.Abhinav Bindra
The TOP Committee led by Abhinav Bindra has been reconstituted by the Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel to identify and support potential medal prospects for 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games under the “Target Olympic Podium” scheme. Under the scheme the selected athletes are provided financial assistance for their customized training at Institutes having world class facilities and other necessary support in order to improve their performances and chances of higher position in medals tally for the country.
- Which state organized Farmer’s Martyrs Day on January 27, 2017 at Patharughat in Darrang district for the first time to pay homage to the martyrs of the 1894 farmers rising at Patharughat?
D.West BengalAnswer – B.Assam
The state government of Assam under Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, for the first time organised Farmer’s Martyrs Day on January 27, 2017 at Patharughat in Darrang district to pay homage to 140 persons who lost their life in 1894 peasants’ uprising at Patharughat. During the two day event, the state Chief Minister presented awards to 22 progressive farmers.
- As per the data released by the Ministry of Information Technology on January 27, 2017, till date how many banks have been linked to the Aadhaar-enabled payments system?
D.125Answer – C.119
The government on January 27, 2017 informed that 119 banks are connected with the Aadhaar-enabled payment system and 33.87 crore transactions have taken place through Aadhaar-enabled payment systems. There are 111 crore Aadhaar enrolments done so far out of the total population of 125 crore in India, said Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Information Technology. Rs. 36,000 crore has been saved in the last two years due to the linking of Aadhaar with the public distribution system including household LPG supply and MGNREGA. 4.47 crore bank accounts have been
opened with Aadhaar eKYC as compared to only one lakh accounts opened as of May 2014.
- Which state government has inked an MoU with the French based Aerocampus Aquitaine to set up a world-class aero skills academy in the state?
D.TelanganaAnswer – D.Telangana
The Telangana government on January 27, 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with French Aero campus Aquitaine to set up a world-class aero skills academy in the city in collaboration with academia and industry of the state. The MoU was signed between Jerome Verschave, General Manager, Aerocampus and Jayesh Ranjan, Secretary IT, Telangana. This partnership aims to develope skills among youth as well as experienced professionals in line with the latest trends in the industry.
- The General Anti-Avoidance (GAAR) Rule is scheduled to be effective from which date?
A.February 1, 2017
B.April 1, 2017
C.March 1, 2017
D.May 1, 2017Answer – B.April 1, 2017
The Union Government on January 27, 2017 issued clarification on GAAR that General Anti-Avoidance (GAAR) Rule will come into effect from April 1, 2017. The General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) seeks to prevent companies from routing transactions through other countries to avoid taxes. The Union Finance Minster cleared that GAAR can be invoked through a two-stage process involving a nod at the level of principal commissioner of income tax and a panel headed by a high court judge.
- Who has been appointed as the new governor of Arunachal Pradesh (additional charge) on January 27, 2017?
A.Acharya Dev Vrat
D.OP KohliAnswer – C.PB Acharya
Nagaland governor PB Acharya was asked to take additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh. The state would have the third governor in less than one year after JP Rajkhowa was removed on September 13.