Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the new health scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh Government for the Above Poverty Line families of the state on January 1, 2017?
A.Arogya Swasthiya Bima Yojana
B.Suraksha Bima Yojana
C.Arogya Raksha Scheme
D.State Government Health Scheme
- In which state is the world’s largest 11-day Gala Festival “Bargarh Dhanua Jatra” organized?
- With which country India exchanges a list of nuclear installations and facilities every year on January 1 under an agreement that prohibits the two countries to attack each other’s atomic facilities?
- Who has been honored with the Nishan-e-Imtiaz, a civil decoration organized by Pakistan to recognize valuable services for the country?
A.Shafi ur Rahman
C.Qamar Javed Bajwa
D.Muhammad Salman Faruqui
- Which state has banned the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across the state from January 1, 2017 to safeguard a Fingerlings fish species?
- British Government is set to mint a new coin of which denomination by the end of March 2017?
- A Laser walls and smart sensors are soon to be launched at which of the given International borders of India to safeguard from terrorists attacks?
A.India-Myanmar International Borders
B.India-Nepal International Borders
C.India-Sri Lanka International Borders
D.India-Bangladesh International Borders
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of Union Public Service Commission with effect from January 4, 2017?
A.R. M. Bathew
B.David R. Syiemlieh
C.F. W. Robertson
D.D P Agrawal
- Which bank has partnered with CNX Corporation (CNX) to provide collateral management services for the loans sanctioned to the farmers against warehouse receipt?
B.Bank of Maharashtra
C.Bank of Baroda
D.State Bank of India
- Which state’s Power Corporation has been awarded with “Best Performing Power Distribution Utility in Power Sector” by Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP)?
A.Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
B.Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
C.Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited
D.Telangana Power Generation Corporation Limited
- Name the BCCI President who has been recently removed by the Supreme Court for violating its order of implementing Lodha Committee’s Recommendations.
- Name the newly appointed Chief of Samajwadi Party, replacing Shivpal Singh .
- India successfully test fired the surface-to-surface strategic ballistic missile off Odisha coast on January 2, 2017. Name the missile.
- Which organization has launched an android app MUI for the Indian Merchant Navy Officers?
A.Maritime Union of India
B.National Union of Seafarers of India
C.Seafarers National Union
D.National Marine and Infrastructure India Private Limited
- Who has won the World Blitz Chess Championship 2016?
- Which former cricketer has joined as an assistant in the Australian coaching staff to prepare the team for the coming Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka?
- K V Pusa, who died on January 2, 2017 at the age of 63, was the former Minister of which state?
- A leap second was added to the Indian clock on January 1, 2017 to synchronize the Indian Standard Time (IST) with the Earth’s Rotational Clock. Who is the in charge to add leap seconds to atomic clock?
A.Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
B.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
C.National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
D.Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
- A Supreme Court Bench on January 1, 2017 ruled out that Seeking votes in name of cast, religion or language is ‘corrupt practice. Who was the head of the bench?
- Who has been sworn in as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) on January 2, 2017?
A.M M S Rai
B.Birender Singh Dhanoa
C.Shirish Baban Deo