Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the new health scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh Government for the Above Poverty Line families of the state on January 1, 2017?
A.Arogya Swasthiya Bima Yojana
B.Suraksha Bima Yojana
C.Arogya Raksha Scheme
D.State Government Health Scheme
Answer – C.Arogya Raksha Scheme
Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launched a new health scheme, Arogya Raksha Scheme on January 1, 2017 at Tummalapalli Kalakshetram in Vijayawada to provide the medical treatment to the people of the Above Poverty Line at Rs. 1200 premium per annum.
- In which state is the world’s largest 11-day Gala Festival “Bargarh Dhanua Jatra” organized?
Answer – A.Odisha
The World famous 11-day gala festival Bargarh Dhanua Jatra began on 2 January 2017 in western Odisha.All rituals were performed before Goddess Samaleswari, the presiding deity of the event. Dhanu Jatra is an annual drama-based open air theatrical performance celebrated in and around Bargarh city spanning over an area of 6 km radius. It is considered to be the world’s largest open air theatrical festival.
- With which country India exchanges a list of nuclear installations and facilities every year on January 1 under an agreement that prohibits the two countries to attack each other’s atomic facilities?
Answer – D.Pakistan
India and Pakistan exchanged the list of nuclear installations and facilities covered under the Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations between India and Pakistan on January 1, 2017. The bilateral agreement which is signed between the two countries every year on January 1 prohibits the two countries to carry out any surprise attack and pledged not to assist foreign powers to attack each other’s atomic facilities.
- Who has been honored with the Nishan-e-Imtiaz, a civil decoration organized by Pakistan to recognize valuable services for the country?
A.Shafi ur Rahman
C.Qamar Javed Bajwa
D.Muhammad Salman Faruqui
Answer – C.Qamar Javed Bajwa
Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain honoured Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa with Nishan-e-Imtiaz to recognize his valuable servicesin Islamabad.Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mahmood Hayat was also awarded with Nishan-e-Imtiaz (military).
- Which state has banned the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across the state from January 1, 2017 to safeguard a Fingerlings fish species?
Answer – C.Maharashtra
Maharashtra Government has declared to ban the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across Maharashtra from January 1, 2017 to safeguard the Fingerlings, a fish species.The move is aimed at curbing the exploitation of fish by safeguarding the fingerlings and its eggs to increase their population. The decision is expected to benefit the traditional fisherman community that use much smaller nets in shallow waters. It will increase fish catch and protect the fish population as larger pores will allow fishlings and eggs to slip out during the daily catch.
- British Government is set to mint a new coin of which denomination by the end of March 2017?
Answer – B.1 Pound
The British Treasury has decided to introduce a new 12-sided one-pound coin at end of March 2017 and scrap the 30 year old one pound coin by October 2017. A new coin will be produced by the Royal Mint in Wales and a total of 1.5 billion coins will be issued in the first minting.
- A Laser walls and smart sensors are soon to be launched at which of the given International borders of India to safeguard from terrorists attacks?
A.India-Myanmar International Borders
B.India-Nepal International Borders
C.India-Sri Lanka International Borders
D.India-Bangladesh International Borders
Answer – D.India-Bangladesh International Borders
A Laser walls and smart sensors will be soon installed at the Indo-Bangla International Border in West Bengal especially in the porous riverine and unmanned terrain that do not have proper fencing to keep a tight vigil to check infiltration and terrorism. A pilot project would be set up within a few months in the Indo-Bangla riverine border area in West Bengal. A team of technical experts will handle a pilot project for deploying technological solutions in riverine areas and the areas that lack fences.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of Union Public Service Commission with effect from January 4, 2017?
A.R. M. Bathew
B.David R. Syiemlieh
C.F. W. Robertson
D.D P Agrawal
Answer – B.David R. Syiemlieh
President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Prof. David R. Syiemlieh, to perform the duties of the post of Chairman of Union Public Service Commission, with effect from the forenoon of January 4, 2017 till further orders or till completion of his term as member on 21.01.2018, whichever is earlier. Prof. David is currently, a member of the Union Public Service Commission.
- Which bank has partnered with CNX Corporation (CNX) to provide collateral management services for the loans sanctioned to the farmers against warehouse receipt?
B.Bank of Maharashtra
C.Bank of Baroda
D.State Bank of India
Answer – C.Bank of Baroda
Public sector lender Bank of Baroda has announced a partnership with CNX Corporation (CNX) to provide collateral management services towards the loans against warehouse receipt sanctioned to the farmers through the network of the bank’s branches across the country. This will benefit the farmers from distress sale of their commodities
- Which state’s Power Corporation has been awarded with “Best Performing Power Distribution Utility in Power Sector” by Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP)?
A.Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
B.Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
C.Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited
D.Telangana Power Generation Corporation Limited
Answer – A.Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
Explanation: The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) was awarded with “Best Performing Power Distribution Utility in Power Sector” by Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP). Union Minister Sanjeev Kumar Balyan presented this award to Karan Deep Chaudhri, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, PSPSCL in New Delhi.
- Name the BCCI President who has been recently removed by the Supreme Court for violating its order of implementing Lodha Committee’s Recommendations.
Answer – B.Anurag Thakur
Explanation: The Supreme Court has removed BCCI President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on January 2, 2017, for failing to implement the reforms suggested by the RM Lodha panel to reform BCCI. Supreme Court Bench comprising of Chief Justice T.S. Thakur, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud has also issued a showcause notice to be replied until January 19 in regards to perjury charges and violating courts order levied against the duo.
- Name the newly appointed Chief of Samajwadi Party, replacing Shivpal Singh .
Answer – C.Naresh Uttam
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav has removed Shivpal Singh Yadav as Samajwadi Party’s Chief on January 1, 2017 and appointed MLC Naresh Uttam in his place. The decision comes soon after Akhilesh Yadav was appointed as the National President of the Party in a disputed National Convention replacing his father Mulayam Singh Yadav on January 1. Akhilesh Yadav will now reconstitute all state party bodies.
- India successfully test fired the surface-to-surface strategic ballistic missile off Odisha coast on January 2, 2017. Name the missile.
Answer – D.Agni IV
India successfully conducted the test firing of the nuclear-capable strategic ballistic missile, Agni IV from the Abdul Kalam Island, Balasore, off the Odisha coast on January 2, 2017 at about 11.50 a.m.Agni IV is a two-stage solid-propelled, surface-to-surface ballistic missile which is designed to carry a payload of 1-tonne up to a distance of 4,000 km. Designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) the missile is 20 meters in length and weighs 17 tonnes.
- Which organization has launched an android app MUI for the Indian Merchant Navy Officers?
A.Maritime Union of India
B.National Union of Seafarers of India
C.Seafarers National Union
D.National Marine and Infrastructure India Private Limited
Answer – A.Maritime Union of India
Country’s oldest union, the Maritime Union of India (MUI), representing Indian Merchant Navy Officers since 1939, has launched an android based mobile app named MUI. The app was launched in the presence of MPs Kirit Somaiya (Mumbai North-East constituency) and Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Jodhpur).
- Who has won the World Blitz Chess Championship 2016?
Answer – D.Sergey Karjakin
Sergey Karjakin of Russia defeated Norway’s Magnus Carlsen in a tie-breaker to win Gold in the World Blitz Chess Championship title in Doha, Qatar on December 30, 2016. Both players scored 16.5 points at the end of 21 rounds of competition spread over two days in the shortest format of chess. But the first place went to Karjakin after tie-break, leaving silver for Carlsen.
- Which former cricketer has joined as an assistant in the Australian coaching staff to prepare the team for the coming Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka?
Answer – C.Ricky Ponting
The former Australian Captain Ricky Ponting will join Australia’s coaching staff as an assistant to coach the team for next month’s home Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka. Ponting will work along with former team-mates Justin Langer and Jason Gillespie for the series which would begin in Melbourne on February 17 before heading to Geelong (February 20) and Adelaide (February 22).
- K V Pusa, who died on January 2, 2017 at the age of 63, was the former Minister of which state?
Answer – B.Nagaland
Former Minister of Nagaland and former President of Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) K V Pusa passed away in Kohima on January 2,2017. He was 63. Pusa had won the election first time in 1993 as independent candidate from Southern Angami Assembly Constituency under Kohima district.
- A leap second was added to the Indian clock on January 1, 2017 to synchronize the Indian Standard Time (IST) with the Earth’s Rotational Clock. Who is the in charge to add leap seconds to atomic clock?
A.Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
B.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
C.National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
D.Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Answer – C.National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
An extra second was added to the Indian clock at 5:29.59 hours at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) on January 1, 2017 as the atomic clock was struck at 23:59:59 the previous night. The ‘leap second’ was added to the Indian clock to synchronize the Indian Standard Time (IST) with the Earth’s Rotational Clock. The atomic clock was programmed to add an extra second to 2017 to compensate for a slowdown in the Earth’s rotation.
- A Supreme Court Bench on January 1, 2017 ruled out that Seeking votes in name of cast, religion or language is ‘corrupt practice. Who was the head of the bench?
Answer – A.TS Thakur
The Supreme Court on January 1, 2017 ruled out that no politician can seek votes in the name of caste, language or religion and seeking votes in this manner would be considered as a corrupt practice and not permissible. A 7-judge constitution bench headed by outgoing Chief Justice of India TS Thakur, passed the judgment in the 20 year old Hindutva case which questions whether a religious leader’s appeal to his followers to vote for a particular political party amount to electoral malpractice under Section 123 of the Representation of People Act.
- Who has been sworn in as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) on January 2, 2017?
A.M M S Rai
B.Birender Singh Dhanoa
C.Shirish Baban Deo
Answer – C.Shirish Baban Deo
Air Marshal SB Deo was appointed to take over as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) on January 2, 2017. Air Marshal SB Deo was commissioned as a fighter pilot in the IAF on 15 Jun 79. Prior to this he was the AOC-in-C of Western Air Command (WAC). He was awarded with Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Vayu Sena Medal, Vishisht Seva Medal and ADC by the President of India.