Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Indian actress has won the Favourite Dramatic TV Actress Award in the 2017 People’s Choice Award?
Answer – C.Priyanka Chopra
The Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra won her second People’s Choice Award for Favourite Dramatic TV Actress at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California on January 18, 2017. Priyanka won for her role as CIA agent Alex Parrish in the ABC thriller TV series Quantico. She defeated her ABC counterparts Ellen Pompeo, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, and Viola Davis to win the Favourite Dramatic TV Actress award.
- What was the theme of the 2017 Raisina Dialogue held in New Delhi?
A.The New Normal: Multilateralism in a Multipolar World
B.Connecting Asia Through World
C.Asia: Regional and Global Connectivity
D.Come Together for Economic & Social Development
Answer – A.The New Normal: Multilateralism in a Multipolar World
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the second edition of Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi on January 17, 2017. The conference has been organized by the Ministry of External Affairs and Delhi based prestigious think tank Observer Research Foundation. The theme of the three day conference is “The New Normal: Multilateralism in a multipolar world”. More than 250 participants from 65 countries attended the flagship geo-political conference.
- In which city was the three day long 58th India International Garment Fair (IIGF) 2017 organized?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The 58th edition of India International Garment Fair (IIGF) was inaugurated by the Union Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani on January 18, 2017 in New Delhi. The three day long fair has been organized by Apparel Export Promotion Council India. The events is Asia’s largest apparel Fair providing a platform for the overseas buyers to source garments products and develop business relationships with India in the apparel and fashion accessories sector.
- Which State government has given its approval on January 18, 2017 for the sale of white kerosene in open market?
Answer – D.Karnataka
Karnataka government lead by Siddaramaiah , has decided to allow the sale of white kerosene in open market. An official order was issued by State Food and Civil Supplies Minister UT Khader on January 18, 2017. The dealers who have interest in selling white kerosene in open market can approach the office of the Food and Civil Supplies in their districts.
- Which state has launched the Entrepreneurship Development Scheme (EDS) on January 19, 2017 under the New Economic Development Policy (NEDP)?
Answer – B.Mizoram
The Entrepreneurship Development Scheme (EDS) was launched under the New Economic Development Policy (NEDP) by Lalmalsawma in Mizoram, Mizoram Chief Secretary on January 19, 2017. The State government has allocated Rs.2 Crore for New Economic Development Policy (NEDP). EDS would be instrumental in the state government’s efforts to achieve market economy from subsistence economy. It could be instrumental in implementation of 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations with minimum harm to the environment.
- Name the scheme launched by the Railways Ministry on January 17, 2017 to save the Indian Railways’ expenditure on energy consumption over the next 10 years.
Answer – C.Mission 41K
The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched ‘Mission 41K’ on January 17, 2017 to revamp the existing railway system. The mission aims to save the Indian Railways’ expenditure of Rs 41,000 crore on energy consumption over the next 10 years. To achieve this target, the railway has planned a series of measures that includes: switching over 90 percent of traffic to electric traction from diesel, procure electricity at cheaper rates through open market instead of sourcing it through DISCOMs. This would save about 25 percent of energy expenses.
- What is the theme of the 5-day-long 10th Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) that was inaugurated on January 19, 2017?
A.Freedom to Dream: India at 70
B.Stay Connected with Us
C.Total Recall: The End of Privacy
D.Oral tradition, in India and elsewhere
Answer – A.Freedom to Dream: India at 70
The 10th edition of the Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) was inaugurated on January 19, 2017 at the historic Diggi Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan jointly by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, veteran lyricist Gulzar, American poet Anne Waldman and spiritual writer Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. The theme of the 10th edition of JLF is The Freedom to Dream: India at 70. JLF is considered as the ‘Greatest Literary Show on Earth’
- With which of the following institution the government of India has signed an MoU on January 18, 2017 to set up 1000 Janaushadhi Kendras under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) scheme?
A.Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative
B.Amrit Foundation of India
C.National Yuva Cooperative Society
D.Adarsh Co-operative Bank
Answer – C.National Yuva Cooperative Society
The Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Yuva Cooperative Society to set up 1,000 Janaushadhi Kendras under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) scheme. This was announced by Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Ananth Kumar. Aim: To provide medicines at an affordable price.
- What is the full form of PMGKY?
A.Pradhan Mantri Grameen Kaushal Yojna
B.Pradhan Mantri Grameen Kalyan Yojna
C.Pradhan Mantri Garib Kaushal Yojna
D.Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna
Answer – D.Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna (PMGKY). The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) came into effect from 17 December 2016. It will remain open until March 31, 2017. PMGKY is Union Government’s second income disclosure scheme (IDS) to allow tax evaders to come clean with unaccounted wealth. It provides for 50 per cent tax and surcharge on declarations of unaccounted cash deposited in banks.
- Which foreign insurance company has got the final approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) on January 19, 2017 to set up its first branch in India?
A.China Life Insurance
C.Zurich Insurance Group
Answer – B.Lloyds Bank
London’s insurance giant Lloyd has received the final approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) on January 19, 2017 to set up its first branch in India. The specialist insurance and reinsurance company would open its first branch office in India before April 2017 and will be located at Mumbai. Lloyd’s will bring expertise and specialist capacity to India’s insurance market and work in partnership with local insurance businesses to develop innovative solutions that meet the unique needs of the growing economy.
- Who is the Union Minster of Chemicals and Fertilisers?
A.Narendra Singh Tomar
C.Thawar Chand Gehlot
Answer – D.Ananth Kumar
Ananth Kumar is the Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilisers
- Which bank has signed an MoU with India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) on January 17, 2017 to provide technology platform for pilot launch of IPPB?
B.Punjab National Bank
C.State Bank of India
Answer – B.Punjab National Bank
New Delhi based Punjab National Bank signed a memorandum of understanding(MoU) with India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) to provide technology platform for pilot launch of IPPB on receipt of regulatory nod from the Reserve Bank of India.
- How much loan amount has been sanctioned by the World Bank for the Tripura Power Upgradation Project on January 19, 2017?
A.Rs 1,250 crore
B.Rs 1,325 crore
C.Rs 1,376 crore
D.Rs 1,421 crore
Answer – C.Rs 1,376 crore
Washington based World Bank has sanctioned Rs 1,376 crore for upgradations and improvement of the Tripura power system network on January 19, 2017. This was announced by Tripura’s power minister Manik Dey. The Power Upgradation project is divided into 5 phases. SPML Infra Ltd has got the contract of the first phase with the budget of Rs 461 crore . A large number of 132 KV and 33 KV substations will be constructed and upgraded under the project across Tripura.
- Who has been appointed as the new High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Sierra Leone?
A.Shri Birender Singh Yadav
B.Shri Navtej Sarna
C.Mr. Pankaj Saran
D.Shri Sanjeev Ranjan
Answer – A.Shri Birender Singh Yadav
Former IFS officer Shri Birender Singh Yadav was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Sierra Leone, with residence in Accra (Ghana). Currently Yadav is working as the High Commissioner of India to Republic of Ghana.
- Which technology giant has acquired Twitter’s mobile application developer platform Fabric on January 19, 2017.
Answer – A.Google
US based Google is announced to acquire Twitter’s mobile application developer platform Fabric for an undisclosed amount on January 19, 2017. The sale of Fabric will shift to Google the platform used by developers for mobile apps. Fabric was launched Fabric in 2014 to provide the best tools to help developers create amazing apps
- Which scheme has been launched by the Union Human Resource Development Ministry on January 18, 2017 for monitoring the elementary education initiative Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)?
Answer – B.ShaGun
The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched a dedicated web portal ‘ShaGun’ on January 18, 2017 for continuous monitoring of the elementary education scheme Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and promote the development of education sector of India. The portal has been developed by World Bank in collaboration with Ministry of Human Resource Development. ShaGun has been coined from the words ‘Shala’ meaning schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning quality.
- The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences commissioned an Ensemble Prediction System (EPS) having a high resolution of ____ KM on January 16, 2017 to generate operational weather forecasts.
Answer – C.12KM
The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) led by Dr. Harsh Vardhan commissioned a very high resolution of 12km global deterministic weather prediction model, Ensemble Prediction System (EPS), on January 16, 2017 that will be used to generate operational weather forecasts. Aim: The new system would be beneficial to overcome the problem of uncertainties in the forecasts. It would also help to generate multiple forecasts with slightly varying initial conditions and predict probabilistic forecasts and quantify the uncertainties.
- Which deadly diseases have been identified by the scientists recently that could cause the next global health emergency?
D.All of the Above
Answer – D.All of the Above
Scientists have discovered three new lesser known diseases namely Mers, Lassa fever and Nipah virus that could cause the next global health emergency. To overcome this to happen, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) has contributed a sum of $460 million for the development of the vaccine against these would-be deadly disease. Besides, CEPI has also asked help of $500 million from World Economic Forum Davos.
- Biologist has named which biological species after the name of US President-elect Donald Trump ?
Answer – D.Moth
A Canadian Biologist named Dr. Vazrick Nazari, has discovered a new species of moth in a densely populated part of southern California and named it after US President-elect Donald Trump. The moth, Neopalpa donaldtrumpi, has been named in honor of Donald J. Trump who is to be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States on January 20, 2017 because of the resemblance of the scales on the head of the moth to Mr Trump’s hairstyle.
- Which Pakistani cricketer has become the first to score 1000 runs in 21 innings in ODI match on January 19, 2017?
Answer – B.Babar Azam
Pakistani batsman Babar Azam became the fastest player in Pakistan’s One Day International (ODI) history to score 1,000 runs in 21 innings during the 3rd ODI against Australia at WACA Ground in Perth, Australia on January 19, 2017. He started the series requiring 114 runs in the first two matches to break the record of reaching 1,000 runs in 20 innings. However he could score only 33 and 34. In the third ODI Azam reached the record by scoring 47 not out against and made 84 runs off 100 balls.
- Which technology giant has partnered with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to become the worldwide sponsor of the Olympic Games through 2028?
Answer – D.Alibaba
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group entered into a long-term partnership through 2028 on January 19, 2017 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. This makes Alibaba the worldwide sponsor of Olympic Games through 2028
- The first direct freight train between China-Britain arrived which city of United Kingdom on January 18, 2017?
Answer – C.London
The first direct freight train service from China to Britain arrived in London on January 18, 2017. The train left the industrial city of Yiwu on January 1,2017. The 18-day trip saw dozens of containers packed mainly with clothes and household goods transported from the city of Yiwu in eastern China’s Zhejiang province to a freight terminal in Barking in east London, via Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland and western Europe. The train entered Britain from France through the Channel Tunnel, completing a journey of some 12,000km.