AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which firm’s brand “APNA UREA – Sona Ugle” was launched by Shri Devaragunda Venkappa Sadananda Gowda recently ?
1) Oman India Fertilizer Company (OMIFCO)
2) Hindustan India Fertilizer Company (HIFCO)
3) Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL)
4) IOT India Fertilizer Services Ltd. (IIFSL)
5) National Fertilizer Services Ltd. (NFSL)Answer-3) Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL)
On January 17, 2020 the Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers (MoC&F) Shri Devaragunda Venkappa Sadananda Gowda launched “APNA UREA – Sona Ugle” brand of Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL) and also the company’s logo at an event in New Delhi.
- Indian Postal Department, has released the commemorative stamp of Chuni Goswami.He is associated with which sport ?
5) BadmintonAnswer-1) Football
On January 15, 2020, the Indian Postal Department of India Post has released a commemorative stamp of legendary Indian footballer Chuni Goswami on his 82nd birthday at his residence in Kolkata, West Bengal. Chuni Goswami led the Indian team to win a gold medal in the 1962 Asian Games held in bangkok, Thailand. He is only the 3rd Indian footballer on whose name a commemorative postal stamp has been released.
- Name the villages of Uttar Pradesh, that is set to become India’s first ‘Model Sports villages’ as a part of ‘Adarsh Khel Gram’ program of Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad, UP along with Non Governmental Organization,‘ Sports: A Way of Life’ .
1) Kisarua and Chandau
2) Hansigunj and Jirauliya
3) Ughaiti and Maujampur
4) Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran
5) Ughaiti and ChandauAnswer-4) Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran
On January 16, 2020 Two villages namely Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran of Uttar Pradesh (UP) has set to become India’s first ‘Model Sports villages’ as a part of Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad, UP ‘Adarsh Khel Gram’ program in association with NGO(Non Governmental Organization)‘ Sports: A Way of Life’ to evolve sports culture and increase sports literacy in the country.
- Government allocates, Rs.2379 crore for construction of Z-Morh tunnel, it is build in which UT/State ?
2) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
On January 17, 2020, a concession agreement was signed in New Delhi for completing the Z-Morh tunnel in the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K). Under the agreement, Rs.2379 crore has been allocated to complete the construction of the tunnel within 3.5 years.
- Where was the 5th edition of the Science Film Festival of India, SCI- FFI 2020 held ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Panaji, Goa
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) Gandhinagar, GujaratAnswer-3) Panaji, Goa
On January 15, 2020 the 5th edition of the Science Film Festival of India, SCI- FFI 2020 held at Inox Complex and Maquinez Palace in Panaji, Goa. It was a 4-day long festival which was held from January 15-18, 2020 and was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Goa Dr. Pramod Pandurang Sawant. The aim of the festival was to instill knowledge of science among youth of the country.
- Who won the Kerala State Sports Council’s V Raja (Lt.Col. P. R. Godavarma Raja) award for athletics (Male) recently ?
1) Mohammad Anas
2) Arokia Rajiv
3) Dharun Ayyasamy
4) Jinson Johnson
5) Manjit SinghAnswer-1) Mohammad Anas
On 16 January 2020, Kerala Sports Minister EP Jayarajan Nambiar announced the sports award instituted by Kerala State Sports Council. Indian Sprinter Mohammad Anas won GV Raja(Lt.Col. P. R. Godavarma Raja) award (Male) for athletics. GV Raja award is awarded yearly for excellence in Sports.Anas has won silver for India in the 400-meter race at Jakarta Asian games.
- Which State/UT has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog to promote the development of infrastructures ?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Jammu and Kashmir
5) GujaratAnswer-4) Ladakh
On January 17, 2020, the National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with newly developed Union Territory(UT) of Ladakh in order to promote the development of infrastructures in the recently developed UT. Under the MoU, Niti Aayog will provide support to ladakh through ‘Development Support Services to States for Infrastructure Projects (D3S-i or DSSS for Infrastructure Projects)’. The MoU was signed by senior adviser of Niti Aayog Yogesh Suri and Adviser to the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh Umang Narula in presence of Niti Aayog Chief Executive Officer(CEO) Shri Amitabh Kant and joint secretary MC Jauhari.
- Under which act, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has framed new rules under “Enhancing Security of Card Transactions” to further protect debit, credit card transactions ?
1) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
2) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2008
3) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2009
4) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2006
5) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2005Answer-1) Section 10(2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
On January 15, 2020, In view of the increasing cases of cyber fraud, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has framed new rules under “Enhancing Security of Card Transactions” to further protect debit, credit card transactions. These directions are issued under Section 10(2) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007) & will come into effect from 16 March,2020.
- DLT was in news recently, what does ‘L’ stands for ?
1) L – Lender
2) L – Liquidity
3) L – Ledger
4) L – Leverage
5) L – LiquidationAnswer-3) L – Ledger
L stands for Ledger.The full form of DLT is Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
- Name the organization, that has launched Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) based “Vajra Platform” to make payments fast & secure .
1) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
2) Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
3) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
4) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
5) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)Answer-4) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
On January 6, 2020, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI),an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments has launched blockchain technology based “Vajra Platform” to make payments fast & secure. The new platform Vajra, which is based on the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT),has been designed with the aim to offer automatic clearing and settlement of payments on NPCI products such as unified payments interface (UPI) and Rupay card & will significantly reduce the need for manual reconciliation.
- What is the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India for the year 2019-20, as per United Nations (UN)’s ‘World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2020’ report ?
5) 5.2%Answer-2) 5.7%
On January 16, 2020, According to the ‘World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2020’ report released by the United Nations (UN), it has slashed India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast for the year 2019-20 by 1.9% to 5.7%. Earlier in 2019, it had projected GDP growth rate of 7.6% for FY 2019-20.
- Who were honoured with the Madhya Pradesh (MP) state government award, “2017 & 2018 National Lata Mangeshkar Award” recently ?
1) Suman Kalyanpur & Kuldeep Singh
2) Nitin Bose & Naushad Ali
3) Pankaj Mullick & Kanan Devi
4) Kanan Devi & Kuldeep Singh
5) Kuldeep Singh & Naushad AliAnswer-1) Suman Kalyanpur & Kuldeep Singh
On January 16, 2020 noted Indian singer Suman Kalyanpur was chosen for the 2017 National Lata Mangeshkar Award of the state govt. of Madhya Pradesh(MP) while Indian Music composer Kuldeep Singh has been chosen for the same Mangeshkar award for the year 2018. They have been chosen for this award for their contribution in the field of music and will be awarded in February 2020 at an event in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Who presented the National Highways (NH) Excellence Awards 2019 in 7 categories recently ?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
4) Jagat Prakash Nadda
5) Rajnath SinghAnswer-3) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
On January 14, 2020, Nitin Jairam Gadkari ,the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), has presented the National Highways (NH) Excellence Awards 2019 to honor the 12 best performers in NH sectoron in New Delhi. The award was given in 7 categories for which a total of 104 applications from across the country were received in 2019.The 7 categories include, Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Excellence in Toll Management, Excellence in Highway Safety, Innovation, Outstanding Work in Challenging Conditions, Green Highway.
- Who has been appointed as the Queen’s counsel for the courts of England and Wales on January 17, 2020 ?
1) Anupam Lal Das
2) Aparajita Singh
3) Gopal Sankaranarayanan
4) Harish Salve
5) S. Abdul NazeerAnswer-4) Harish Salve
On January 17,2020 Indian Senior Advocate Harish Salve has been appointed the Queen’s counsel for the courts of England and Wales. The appointment was announced by Queen Elizabeth II on the advise of the Lord Chancellor Robert Buckland.The title of Queen’s Counsel QC is awarded to those who have demonstrated particular skill and expertise in the conduct of advocacy. Salve and other appointees will be formally appointed as QC on March 16, where the Lord Chancellor will preside over the appointment ceremony at Westminster Hall, London, United Kingdom (UK).
- To which of the following committee, Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre was appointed as the chairman on 14th January 2020 ?
1) Road safety committee
2) Small Scale Industries committee
3) Banking Supervision committee
4) Corporate Governance committee
5) Committee on International Trade and ServicesAnswer-1) Road safety committee
On 14th January 2019, The Supreme Court will appoint one of its retired judges Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre as the Chairman of the committee on road safety since the panel’s current head and former top court judge Justice K.S.P. Radhakrishnan expressed his difficulty in continuing the position. The decision in this regard has been given by a bench headed by Chief Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde.The bench has also appointed Sanjay Mitra, former Defence Secretary as a member of the committee replacing the former secretary of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways S Sundar, who has found it difficult to continue as a member of the committee due to ill-health.
- Which city host the 1st session of the India- Norway dialogue on Trade & Investment (DTI) co-chaired by Nidhi Mani Tripathi & Mr. Erling Rimestad ?
1) Bergen, Norway
2) Mumbai, India
3) Oslo, Norway
4) New Delhi, India
5) Kolkata, IndiaAnswer-4) New Delhi, India
The 1st ever session of the India- Norway dialogue on Trade & Investment (DTI) was held from January 15-16 in New Delhi. The session was conducted based on the Terms of Reference (ToR) which was signed by India and Norway on 8th January 2019 in New Delhi at time of Norway Prime Minister Erna Solberg’s visit to India.
- Where was the 10th edition of World Future Energy Summit (WFES) 2020 & 3rd edition of the Climate Innovations Exchange, ‘CLIX’ held ?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates(UAE)
3) New Delhi, India
4) Washington D.C., United States (US)
5) New York, United States (US)Answer-2) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates(UAE)
Recently the 10th edition of World Future Energy Summit (WFES)2020 hosted by Masdar renewable energy company, was held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates(UAE) from January 13-16, 2020.
- What was the theme of the 10th edition of World Future Energy Summit (WFES) 2020 ?
1) Theme – “Rethinking Global Consumption, Production, and Investment”
2) Theme – “Embracing the Future, Welcoming Disruption”
3) Theme – “Driving the Global Energy Transformation”
4) Theme – “Valuing Energy Storage for Off-grid Renewable Energy Systems”
5) Theme – “Smart Energy products and technologies”Answer-1) Theme – “Rethinking Global Consumption, Production, and Investment”
Recently the 10th edition of World Future Energy Summit (WFES)2020 hosted by Masdar renewable energy company, was held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates(UAE) from January 13-16, 2020. The theme for the year 2020 was “Rethinking Global Consumption, Production, and Investment”.
- Which firm has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100 % stake in Equifax Credit Information Services Private Ltd (ECIS) for Rs 370 crore ?
1) Equifax Limited
2) Equifax Credit
3) Equifax Inc
4) Equifax TransUnion
5) Equifax TransAnswer-3) Equifax Inc
On January 16, 2020, Equifax Inc, a global information solutions company has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100 % stake in its Indian Credit information company, Equifax Credit Information Services Private Ltd (ECIS) for Rs 370 crore.ECIS has worked as a joint venture (JV) between Equifax and leading Indian financial institutions (FI) namely State Bank of India (SBI-7.41% stake), Bank of India (BOI-3.50 % stake), Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (5.56% stake), Union Bank of India (UBI-4.17% stake) and Bank of Baroda(BoB), Sundaram Finance Limited (10% each) since the year 2010.
- Name the largest airborne exercise conducted by Indian Army in the northeastern theatre recently .
1) Ajeya Warrior
2) Winged Raider
4) Himalayan Warrior
5) Emerald MercuryAnswer-2) Winged Raider
On January 10, 2020 the Indian Army(IA) conducted its biggest airborne exercise ‘Winged Raider’. The exercise comprised of more than 500 soldiers of Special Forces troops in the northeastern theatre and involved all kinds of air transport platforms of the Indian Air Force (IAF). The name Winged Raider was chosen due to its multidimensional nature of the exercise and demonstrated the operational readiness of paratroopers.
- Which country will deliver 5 units of S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025?
3) United States
5) FranceAnswer-1) Russia
On January 17, 2020 Russia has announced to deliver 5 units of S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025 while its production has already begun. The announcement was made by Russian Deputy Chief of Mission Roman Babushkin. India and Russia signed a deal of $5.43 billion for the procurement of these S-400 systems during the 19th edition of India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit held in New Delhi in 2018.
- Name the app launched by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister, Bhupesh Baghel to provide employment to trained youths under their skill development programme.
1) Shiksha Setu
2) Krishi Kisan
3) Nyaya Bandhu
4) Rojgar Sangi
5) e-DrishtiAnswer-4) Rojgar Sangi
On 15 January 2020, The Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel has launched an employment-oriented mobile app,‘Rojgar Sangi’ developed by state-run Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Authority (CSSDA) at the ceremony of youth fest 2020 held at Science College premises in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.The app is designed to provide employment to trained youths under their skill development programme. It is expected that through this app, lakhs of unemployed youth of the state will be able to get employment.
- Where did scientists discovered the stardust, the oldest solid material ever found on Earth (5 to 7 billion years ago) that trapped inside a meteorite ?
4) United States
5) IndiaAnswer-3) Australia
On January 15, 2020 Scientists discovered the oldest material on earth, a 7 billion years old grains inside the meteorite that crashed in a fireball in 1969 into the town of Murchison in Victoria State, southeastern Australia. A team of scientists led by Philip Heck, curator of meteorites from the Field Museum in Chicago, United States examined the presolar grains and research published in ‘Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences’ (PNAS).
- Which country’s Cricketer, Mohammad Hafeez announced retirement recently ?
1) New zealand
5) Sri LankaAnswer-2) Pakistan
On January 17, 2020 Pakistan’s All-rounder cricket player Mohammad Hafeez, 38 years old, announced that he will be retiring from international cricket after the upcoming T-20 World Cup to be held in Australia in October 2020. Hafeez has been selected to play the T20I (Twenty20 International) series against Bangladesh starting in Lahore on Jan 24,2020.
- Rameshchandra Gangaram Bapu Nadkarni, passed away recently.He was a legendary ________ .
5) DirectorAnswer-1) Cricketer
On January 17,2020 Former Indian all-rounder Rameshchandra Gangaram Bapu Nadkarni, 86 years old, a left-handed batsman and slow-left arm orthodox bowler passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was best known for bowling a record of 21 consecutive maiden overs in a test match against England.
- Senior Journalist & former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament (MP) Ashwini Kumar Chopra passed away recently, he was elected as MP from which constituency ?
1) Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
2) Dibrugar, Assam
3) Jhanjharpur, Bihar
4) Karnal, Haryana
5) Solapur, MaharashtraAnswer-4) Karnal, Haryana
On 18th January 2019, Senior Journalist and former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament (MP) Ashwini Kumar Chopra passed away at a private hospital in Gurgaon after battling with terminal cancer.Born on 11th June 1956 in Jalandhar, he was a senior Journalist and Editor of Punjab Kesari (Hindi daily), later he was elected as a Member of Parliament from Karnal, Haryana, in 2014 and served for the period of 2014-2019.Before entering into Journalism, he played in the Ranji Trophy under the name Ashwini Minna for Punjab and played 25 first-class matches between 1975-76 and 1979-80.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which organization has formed a Joint Venture, Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL) ? Answer-Coal India Limited (CIL), NTPC Limited (NTPC) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd (FCIL) & Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited (HFCL).
- Who is the President of Guatemala ? Answer-Alejandro Giammattei
Alejandro Giammattei sworn in as the President of Guatemala. He won the 2019 election and assumed office on January 14, 2020.
- Bandhavgarh National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army (IA) ? Answer-President Ram Nath Kovind
- Who is the MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ? Answer-Dilip Asbe
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]