AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 & 10 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has paired up ___ best performing cities with ___ poorly performing cities will work as ‘Sister City’ to help most backward smart cities.
1) 10, 10
2) 15, 15
3) 10, 20
4) 20, 20
5) 15, 20Answer-4) 20, 20
The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has paired up the 20 best performing cities with the 20 bottom cities. The top 20 smart cities of the country will work as “sister city” & tasked to help make the most backward 20 smart cities.
- As per Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs which city will act as ‘sister city’ of Varanasi (Feb 2020)?
5) ChandigarhAnswer-4) Amritsar
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has decided to pair the 20 best performing smart cities as ‘sister cities’ with the poorly performing 20 smart cities. According to the list, PM Modi’s parliamentary constituency Varanasi will guide Amritsar. Varanasi has been paired with another holy city Amritsar. Now, Varanasi will help Amritsar to improve its performance under the smart cities mission.
- Which Ministry is organising an 18-day long Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat campaign across India to promote cultural Unity (Feb 10 – 18, 2020)?
1) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
2) Ministry of Culture
3) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) Ministry of Rural DevelopmentAnswer-3) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
On February 10, 2020, an 18-day long “Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Campaign”has has commenced across India with the aim of bringing various states into the thread of cultural unity. The campaign is being organised by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, till 28th February 2020.
- The Hornbill festival was conducted at Which Indian state for the 1st time on February 8, 2020?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-3) Tripura
The Hornbill festival was celebrated in Tripura, Agartala. Chief Minister (CM) Biplab Kumar Dev inaugurated the 2-day hornbill festival at Baramura hill (in western Tripura). The festival was celebrated for the 1st time in Tripura. The Hornbill festival is a celebration held every year from December 1 to 10, in Nagaland, Northeast India. It is also called the ‘Festival of Festivals’.
- Recently (Feb 2020) Which state government has launched its helicopter service under Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) which is the 260th operational route under connectivity scheme?
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
Chief Minister of Uttarkhand Trivendra Singh Rawat along with Shri Pradeep Singh Kharola, Secretary of Ministry of Civil Aviation Jointly Inaugurated the 1st ever Helicopter services from Dehradun’s Sahastradhara helipad to Gauchar and from Sahastradhara to Chinyalisaur under the Regional Connectivity Scheme-Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik(RCS-UDAN) of Government of India. The main objective of this Helicopter Services is to Improve the Aerial Connectivity of the Hilly areas in the Country.
- Which State/UT doesn’t cover under UDAN 4.0 Scheme?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
UDAN 4.0- Aim to connect priority regions (North Eastern Region, Hilly States, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, and Islands) for the Common People.
- India’s 1st home based global platform to promote Fintech innovation India FinTech Festival (IFF) in March 2020 will be held in ______?
5) New DelhiAnswer-3) Mumbai
India FinTech Festival (IFF) 2020, India’s 1st home based global platform to promote Fintech innovation will be held in Mumbai, Maharashtra in March 2020. Medici is the program partner for the IFF 2020.
- The BBIN member nations was deliberate to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to implement motor vehicle agreement during meeting held in New Delhi. The ‘N’ in BBIN represents which Nation?
1) New Zealand
5) North KoreaAnswer-3) Nepal
BBIN (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal) member nations discussed the proposed MoU (Member of Understanding) to implement Motor Vehicle Agreement (MVA) for regulation of the passenger, personal & cargo vehicular traffic among the countries.
- Who among the following will not be a member of Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) formulated panel to improve Information Technology (IT) system?
1) Member secretary of GSTN
2) Representatives from the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
3) Minister of state, Finance
4) Representatives from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Representatives from confederation of All India Traders (CAIT)Answer-3) Minister of state, Finance
Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN), a non-profit, non-government organization which manages the entire IT system of the GST portal has formed a consultation committee to give feedback on new functionalities in the GST system and adoption of new IT platforms. The committee will have Members including officials from selected states recommended by the GST Council, member secretary of GSTN, representatives from the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and industry chambers such as CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) and ASSOCHAM, traders body such as Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) and professional bodies such as Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, among others.
- Surya Prakash the Chairman of Prasar Bharati retires from his post after 2 consecutive terms. Who is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prasar Bharti?
1) Jawhar Sircar
2) Brijesh Thakur
3) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
4) Mrinal Pandey
5) Rajeev SinghAnswer-3) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
On February 10, 2020 Prasar Bharati (India’s public service broadcasting agency), Chairman, A Surya Prakash retired from his position after completing 2 consecutive terms of service that started in 2014. The current CEO is Mr. Shashi Shekhar Vempati.
- Who has won the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) coaches lifetime achievement award in male category for the year 2019?
1) Pullela Gopichand
2) Ramakant Achrekar
3) Bishweshwar Nandi
4) Ravi Shastri
5) A. Srinivasa RaoAnswer-1) Pullela Gopichand
Pullela Gopichand, the Chief National coach for the Indian Badminton team has received the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award in Male Category of the year 2019 on the 3rd edition of International Olympics Committee Annual Awards, He is the 1st Indian coach to be Honoured with this Lifetime award by the Olympics Committee.
- Who is the youngest girl in the world to climb the South America’s Highest peak Mt. Aconcagua, Argentina (Feb 2020)?
1) Jordan Romero
2) Malavath Poorna
3) Bachendri Bal
4) Kaamya Karthikeyan
5) Arunima SinhaAnswer-4) Kaamya Karthikeyan
Kaamya Karthikeyan, 12 years old, a class 7 student of Navy Children School (NCS) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, became the youngest girl in the world to climb Mt. Aconcagua, Argentina the highest peak outside Asia which ranges about 6962 metres.
- Which project got Gold award in Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation category in 23rd edition of National conference on e-Governance 2020?
1) Wildlife Surveillance and Anti-Poaching System
2) FotonVR – Virtual Reality in Education
3) Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
4) GO SWIFT
5) Real Time Pollution Monitoring SystemAnswer-3) Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
The National Health Authority of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare received Gold for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana under the category of Excellence. It enabled the government to process re–engineering for Digital Transformation. The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) has cliched a national award for e-Governance 2019-20 for the Board’s Real-Time Pollution-Monitoring System (RTPMS) project.
- The Ministry of External Affairs jointly with Government of India in association with governments of Australia and Indonesia conducted 4th edition of East Asia Summit (EAS) conference on maritime security cooperation 2020 at which Indian city?
2) New Delhi
5) HyderabadAnswer-1) Chennai
A 2-day long 4th edition of EAS (East Asia Summit) Conference on Maritime Security Cooperation 2020 was held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN) from February 6-7 2020. The conference was jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI) in association with the governments of Australia and Indonesia.
- What is the theme of the 23rd edition of National conference on e-governance 2020 held at Mumbai, Maharashtra (Feb 7-8, 2020)?
1) Theme: “India 2020: Cultural Transformation”
2) Theme: “India 2020: Economic Transformation”
3) Theme: “India 2020: Digital Transformation”
4) Theme: “India 2020: eliteracy transformation”
5) Theme: “India 2020: Social Transformation”Answer-3) Theme: “India 2020: Digital Transformation”
A 2-day long 23rd edition of National Conference on e-Governance 2020 based on the theme “India 2020: Digital Transformation” with 6-sub themes was held at Mumbai, Maharashtra from February 7-8 2020.
- Which country unveils the ballistic missile “Raad-500” which was dedicated to the former major general Qasim Sulemani?
5) ArmeniaAnswer-1) Iran
On February 9, 2020, In the midst of increased tension with the US (United States), Iran’s Revolutionary Guards has launched a short-range ballistic missile, “Raad-500”. The new missile has a power generation engine ‘Zoheir’ (which is made of alloy) to put the satellite into orbit. The Raad-500 missile is half the weight of the previously made Fateh-110 missile, however its firepower is 500 km.
- Indian Army’s college of Military Engineering with a private firm developed low cost gunshot locators named _______ unveiled at 11th edition of DefExpo 2020 held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
5) “Agni”Answer-1) “Parth”
The Indian Army’s College of Military Engineering (CME), Pune, Maharashtra, jointly with a private firm developed gunshot locators named as “Parth”. The device is much cheaper than the imported ones. Major Anoop Mishra displayed the Parth gunshot locator at DefExpo 2020 held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Where was the 13th edition of ICC under-19 world cup 2020 between 17 January – 9 February 2020 held at _____?
3) South Africa
5) UAEAnswer-3) South Africa
13th edition of 2020 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, an international limited-overs cricket tournament was held in South Africa from 17 January – 9 February 2020. It was administered by International Cricket Council (ICC) & 16 teams participated in the cricket tournament with a total of 48 matches played between the teams. It was the 2nd time South Africa hosted the tournament.
- Which country has won the 13th edition of ICC under-19 world cup 2020 beating India in finals by 3 wickets in DL method (Feb 9,2020)?
2) New Zealand
5) South AfricaAnswer-4) Bangladesh
The Finals were held at the JB Marks Oval, Potchefstroom, South Africa between Bangladesh & India. Bangladesh’s youth team defeated India by three wickets in a thrilling match in the final of ICC U19 World Cup 2020. With this, the Bangladesh team won the under-19 World Cup title for the first time.
- Raquib Shamsudeen who has been suspended from bowling by International Cricket Council (ICC) for the illegal bowling action belongs to which country?
5) MalaysiaAnswer-3) Canada
Canadian spinner Raqib Shamsudeen (18) has been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect by ICC in accordance with article 6.7 of the regulations. The decision was taken after the ICC Under-19 World Cup event panel found his bowling action illegal during the match played between South Africa and Canada on 22 January,2020.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has awarded the Women’s Champions trophy to which cricketing nation for the 2nd consecutive time?
4) New Zealand
5) South AfricaAnswer-2) Australia
Australia were awarded the ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s Championship trophy 2020, which they maintained by winning victories in the eight-team one-day championship between 2017 and 2020. The ICC Women’s Championship has given hosts New Zealand and four top teams a direct place in the World Cup 2021, Australia now qualified.
- Which Indian tennis player along with Bibiane Schoofs of the Netherlands won the doubles title in International Tennis Federation (ITF) women’s tennis event 2020 in Thailand?
1) Sania Mirza
2) Ankita Raina
3) Nirupama Sanjeev
4) Riya Bhatia
5) Sunitha RaoAnswer-2) Ankita Raina
Ankita Raina (27), an Indian professional tennis player along with her partner Bibiane Schoofs of the Netherlands, won the finals of the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s doubles event against the pair of Miyabi Inoue of Japan and Jia-Qi Kang of China with a 6-2, 3-6, 10-7 scores held in Nonthaburi, Thailand. This is the 18th career doubles title for the Ankita in the professional circuit, and the 3rd with Schoofs.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has released the book “A child of Destiny” which is the autobiography of _______?
1) Koneru Ramakrishna Rao
2) Salman Rushdie
3) Vikram Seth
4) Amitav Ghosh
5) R.K. NarayananAnswer-1) Koneru Ramakrishna Rao
The Vice President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha Shri Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu released a Book titled ‘A Child of Destiny’ Autobiography penned by Professor Koneru Ramakrishna Rao at GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) University Vishakatapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Giriraj Kishore who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a ______?
5) Theatre ArtistAnswer-2) Novelist
Padma Shri awardee & well-known Hindi Novelist Giriraj Kishore passed away at the age of 83 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- P.Parameswaran who passed away recently (Feb 2020) belongs to which Indian state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Kerala
RSS Veteran, Orator and Philosophical Author P.Parameswaran (93) passed away at Palakkad, Kerala due to age related ailments. Parameswaran was born in Thamarasseril Illam, Muhamma village in Alappuzha district in the year 1927.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare organize the National Deworming Day every year on _____?
1) February 9
2) February 10
3) February 11
4) February 12
5) February 13Answer-2) February 10
On February 10,2020 National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed across the country. The day was organized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). The objective of the day is to deworm children and adolescents to reduce the prevalence of parasitic worms in the intestine.
- The World Pulse Day was observed on February 10. The 1st edition of World Pulse day commenced on ____?
5) 2018Answer-3) 2019
World Pulses Day was observed on Feb 10, 2020. World Pulses day was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of pulses. World Pulses day has been designated on Feb 10 every year since 2019 by the 73rd session of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly on December 20, 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Cricketer Nasim Shah belongs to which country? Answer-Pakistan
On February 9, 2020, Nasim shah (Pakistan) becomes youngest bowler to take test hat-trick.
- Where is Indian Army’s College of Military Engineering (CME) located at? Answer-Pune, Maharashtra
- Who is the Chairman of GST (Goods and Service Tax) Council? Answer-Nirmala Sitharaman
- The 2022 winter Olympics will be held at? Answer-Beijing, China
- Which Indian city has the nickname of Queen of Mountains? Answer-Mussoorie, Uttarakhand