AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry has launched the assessment frameworks Ease of living Index (EoLI) and Municipal Performance Index (MPI) to access the quality of life of citizens in 100 smart cities and 14 other cities?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat RajAnswer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), has launched, two Assessment Frameworks, viz. Ease of Living Index (EoLI) and Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2019 to assess to assess quality of life of citizens in 100 Smart Cities and 14 other Million Plus Cities. This will empower the cities to use evidence to plan, implement them & then monitor their performance. This survey, which is being administered both online and offline, has commenced from 1st February 2020 and will continue till 29th February 2020.
- Which Metro has become country’s 2nd largest operational metro recently (Feb 2020) with operational distance of 69.3 Km?
1) Delhi metro rail corporation
2) Namma metro
3) Hyderabad metro rail
4) Chennai metro rail
5) Kochi metro railAnswer-3) Hyderabad metro rail
Chief Minister of Telangana State Mr. K. Chandrashekhar Rao flagged off new Metro line from Jubilee Bus Station (JBS) to Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS) connecting twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, and the stretch covering of 11-kms(Kilometers) becomes India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail Network of total operational distance of 69.2kms, only next to Delhi Metro Rail Network having an operational distance of 231kms. Karnataka’s Namma Metro rail network is India’s 3rd largest network of operational distance of 42.3kms.
- Which department has notified the quality control norms of LPG rubber hose for import and manufacturing standard in India which comes into effect from August 1, 2020?
1) Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Department of Health and Family Welfare
4) Department of Biotechnology
5) Department of Internal SecurityAnswer-2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry has notified Quality Control norms for LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) Rubber Hose with an aim to contain import and production of sub-standard products in India. The norm will come into effect from August1, 2020. The DPIIT has also come out with quality control norms for certain steel items and cables and pressure cooker.
- The 1st Disha Police station was inaugurated recently (Feb 2020) in which Indian state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
The Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh (AP) Yeduguri Sandinti (YS) Jaganmohan Reddy has launched the 1st Disha Police Station in the State at Rajamahendravaram in East Godavari district with the aim to provide speedy justice to female victims of sexual assaults and other heinous crimes under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012. AP government has approved the A.P. Disha Bill, 2019 that makes it mandatory to settle cases of atrocities against women in 21 days and punishment including a death penalty for the offences of rape and gang-rape.
- The Prime Minister Modi has attended the celebration of signing Bodo peace accord in Feb 2020. The Bodo is single largest tribe community in which Indian state?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-3) Assam
Bodos are the single largest tribal community in Assam, making up over 5-6 per cent of the state’s population. They have controlled large parts of Assam in the past. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended the rally at Kokrajhar in Assam to celebrate the signing of the Tripartite Bodo Agreement, which was signed between the Centre, Assam Government and the banned Assam-based insurgent group National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) on 27th January 2020.
- According to Minister of Petroleum & Natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme the coverage of LPG has reached _____% as on Jan 1, 2020?
5) 92.7Answer-4) 96.9
According to the Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri.Dharmendra Debendra Pradhan, a total of about 27.5 crore LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) or cooking gas connections in India & out of this, 8 crore connections have been provided under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme. Also the LPG coverage has reached 96.9 % as of January 1,2020.
- The Fund released for Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS) between FY 16 to 20 as per Ministry of Textiles, Smriti Irani is/are _______?
1) 6717.18 crore
2) 6171.81 crore
3) 7161.10 crore
4) 7611.81 crore
5) 8176.11 croreAnswer-1) 6717.18 crore
During the period of 2015-16 to 2019-20, the Centre has released a total of Rs 6,717.18 crore under the Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS). A total of 9,641 applications, covering employment of 2.86 lakh persons and investment of Rs. 40026.5 crore submitted by textile units, have been issued with UIDs (unique identification numbers) till January 2020. This information has been given by textiles minister Smriti Irani as a part of competitiveness of the textile industry.
- Which Indian state has launched the Mukyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana which provides financial assistance of Rs. 6000 to families below the poverty line (BPL)?
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-1) Haryana
Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar and Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Dushyant Chautala of Haryana jointly launched Mukyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana scheme on the mark of successful 100 days of the present state government. The scheme is about providing financial assistance of Rs.6000 to the families below the poverty line.
- Which Indian State government unveils initiative of setting up 1,000 Kudumbashree hotels to serve meals at Rs. 25?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Kerala
On February 7, 2020, while presenting budget for 2020-21, Kerala’s Finance Minister T.M. Thomas Isaac has unveiled an initiative of setting up 1,000 ‘Kudumbashree’ hotels to provide subsidized Kerala meals at Rs 25. In this regard, a budget hotel in each of the 1034 local bodies will be set up.
- United Nations (UN) has released _____ for humanitarian operations in Syria’s ldlib province from Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)?
1) $ 10 Million
2) $ 20 Million
3) $ 30 Million
4) $ 40 Million
5) $ 50 MillionAnswer-3) $ 30 Million
On February 7, 2020, Syria’s Idlib province has received additional USD 30 million for the humanitarian operations from United Nations’ (UN) Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
- As per World Health Organisation (WHO) the global annual cost to treat female genital mutilation (FGM) is ______, based on interactive tool released by WHO on occasion of International Day of Zero tolerance against FGM (Feb 6, 2020)?
1) $1 Billion
2) $1.1 Billion
3) $1.3 Billion
4) $1.4 Billion
5) $1.8 BillionAnswer-4) $1.4 Billion
On the occasion of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (On February 6, 2020), the United Nations’s (UN) health agency, the WHO (World Health Organization) has presented the interactive modelling tool. As per this tool, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) poses a serious threat to women’s health & to avoid its ill effects, a burden of $1.4 billion is incurred worldwide.
- The Reserve Bank of India set to conduct Financial Literacy Week (FLW) from February 10 to 14, 2020. The Theme of FLW is?
1) Theme: “Consumer Protection”
2) Theme: “Farmers”
3) Theme: “Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)”
4) Theme: “Priority Sector Lending (PSL)”
5) Theme: “Educate the Customers”Answer-3) Theme: “Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)”
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to conduct the Financial Literacy Week (FLW) 2020 from February 10 – February 14, 2020 based on the theme “Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)”. The RBI will also launch a centralized mass media campaign in February 2020 to broadcast essential financial awareness messages to MSME entrepreneurs.
- Which Bank/Organization has approved to sponsor $2 million to combat the outbreak of novel Coronavirus (nCoV) (Feb 2020)?
1) Work Bank
2) New Development Bank
3) Asian Development Bank
4) International Monetary Fund
5) EXIM BankAnswer-3) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank(ADB) has approved to sponsor $2 million as funding to combat the outbreak of novel coronavirus (nCoV). Under the funding, regional technical assistance will be provided in Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Which Indian Institution ranked 3rd (top among Indian Institutions) in Global Massive Open Online Course performance among business schools in 2020 released by MOOCLabs?
1) Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
2) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
3) Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
4) Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
5) Indian Institute of Technology, KharagpurAnswer-1) Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Bengaluru (IIMB), Karnataka secured third rank in Global MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) performance among Top Business schools in 2020. MOOCLabs published ranking for the business schools globally who are providing MOOC courses.
IIM, Bengaluru provides 43 open online courses available on the edX platform. The list is topped by HEC Paris, France.
- Which Indian Pharmaceutical company has acquired 4 key brands of Wanbury Pharmaceutical company for 88.60 crore?
1) Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
2) Cipla Limited
3) Aurobindo Pharma Limited
4) Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
5) Biocon LimitedAnswer-2) Cipla Limited
Cipla pharmaceutical company, Mumbai, Maharashtra has acquired 4 brands from Wanbury pharmaceutical company, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. Wanbury had received up to Rs.88.60 crore for the sale of the brands CPink, CDense, Productiv and Folinine to Cipla.
- Which Indian Institute to collaborate with AIIMS Mangalagiri for patient safety and quality health care (Feb 2020)?
1) Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata
2) Indian Institute of Spices Research, Calicut
3) Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
4) Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai
5) National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, BengaluruAnswer-3) Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
Indian Institute of Technology Madras(IIT-M), in Tamil Nadu and All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Mangalagiri in Andhra Pradesh has announced to collaborate together in areas such as patient safety and quality healthcare.
- The Indian army major who developed world’s 1st bullet proof helmet which can stop AK-47 bullet from a distance less than 10 meters is _____?
1) Nitish Kumar Singh
2) Girish Chandra Joshi
3) Anoop Mishra
5) Seemala Vijay KumarAnswer-3) Anoop Mishra
Major in the Indian Army, Anoop Mishra has developed the world’s 1st bulletproof helmet which can stop an AK-47 bullet round from a distance of as less as 10 meters. The helmet is developed under the Indian Army’s “Abhedya” project.
- Which Coal India Limited’s (CIL) subsidiary company has set up a R&D centre named ‘SARAS’ (Science and Applied Research Alliance and Support) in collaboration with IIT – Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU) for sustainable coal mining?
1) Mahanadi Coalfields
2) Northern Coalfields
3) Bharat Coking coal
4) Western Coalfields
5) Southeastern CoalfieldsAnswer-2) Northern Coalfields
Coal India Limited (CIL) subsidiary NCL (Northern Coalfield Limited) sets up a R&D centre named ‘SARAS’ (Science and Applied Research Alliance and Support) in collaboration with IIT (BHU)-Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- The International team of astronomers led by scientists at the University of California have discovered a monster galaxy named as XMM-2599 from early universe (Feb 2020). Which journal has published the details of the discovery?
1) Astrophysical Journal
2) New Astronomy
3) Journal of Cosmology
5) The ObservatoryAnswer-1) Astrophysical Journal
The International team of astronomers led by scientists at the University of California, United States(US) have discovered a monster galaxy dubbed as XMM-2599. This galaxy existed around 12 billion years ago just 1.8 billion years after the formation of the universe. The details of this discovery has been published in the Astrophysical Journal.
- As per study conducted by scientists of Centre for Wildlife Sanctuaries (CWS) and Wildlife Institute of India (WII) population of which animal has declined by 75-90% in India over past 120 – 200 years (Feb 2020)?
1) Indian Leopard
2) Indian aurochs
3) Asiatic cheetah
4) Great Indian bustard
5) VaquitaAnswer-1) Indian Leopard
On February 7,2020 Scientists found that the Leopard population has decreased to 75-90% in India over the past 120 to 200 years, suggesting that leopards need similar conservation attention like tigers in India. The study was conducted by scientists from the Centre for Wildlife Sanctuaries (CWS), Bengaluru, Karnataka and the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) Uttarakhand, Dehradun.
- Abigail Spears who recently handed a 22-month ban after failing dope test associated with which sports?
3) Javelin Throw
5) BasketballAnswer-1) Tennis
American tennis player Abigail Spears (38 years) was given a 22 month doping ban by the International Tennis Federation(ITF). The ban was announced on spears after she failed the doping test from the 2019 US (United States) open match. The ban which was started from November 07, 2019, will end at midnight on September 6, 2021.
- Roger Kahn who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is a ______?
1) Hollywood actor
2) Pop singer
5) WeightlifterAnswer-3) Writer
American author Roger Kahn, known for his best-selling book in 1972 “The Boys of Summer” passed away at Nursing home in Mamaroneck, New York, U.S due to age related ailments announced by his son Gordon Jacques Kahn.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which country has world’s largest Elephant population? Answer-Botswana
Recently in February 2020 Botswana has lifted ban on Elephant hunting and conducted auctions to hunt Elephants.
- Who is the minister of Housing & Urban Affairs (M0HUA)? He/she belongs to which constituency? Answer-MoS (Independent charge) Hardeep Singh Puri, Constituency – Amritsar, Punjab
- What is the target of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)? Answer-8 crore LPG or cooking gas connection by 2021
- What is the Capital and currency of Syria? Answer-Capital – Damascus & Currency – Syrian Pound
- Where is Headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB) located at? Answer-Mandaluyong, Philippines