Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 4 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- The programme on ‘Inner Strength and Disaster Resilience’ inaugurated by Kiren Rijiju had been organized in which place on February 3, 2017?
Answer – C.New Delhi
Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State for Home Affairs inaugurated the programme on ‘Inner Strength and Disaster Resilience’ on February 3, 2017 in New Delhi. The programme was organised by National Disaster Response Force (NDRF). The Minister stressed NDRF force to focus on mental fitness along with physical fitness. .NDRF is India’s professional emergency force to tackle disaster. It has become one of the dedicated forces in the country both in India and abroad.
- Who has been appointed as the head of the six-member committee formed to review the Supreme Courts subsidy abolition matter to the pilgrims of Haj?
Answer – A.Afzal Amanullah
A six-member committee has been formed by the government to look into the matter of how to improve the Haj Poilcy of India and also deal with the issue of reducing and abolishing the subsidy to the pilgrims. Former Consulate General of India (CGI), Jeddah, Afzal Amanullah will be the head of the committee. Besides, Ministry Joint Secretary J Alam will serve as member secretary. Other in the committee includes, Bombay High Court judge (retd) SS Parkar, ex-Haj Committee of India chairman Qaiser Shamim, former Air India CMD Michael Mascarenhas , Muslim scholar-chartered accountant Kamal Faruqui.
- Supreme Court has directed the government on February 3, 2017 to prepare a policy for the eradication of which disease?
Answer – C.Leprosy
The Supreme Court bench consists of Chief Justice J S Khehar and justices N V Ramana and D Y Chandrachud instruct the centre to prepare a policy for the eradication of leprosy within four weeks on February 3, 2017. It has sought a direction to the governments that drugs be made available at primary health centres and health scheme should be formulated to bring people suffering from leprosy into the national mainstream.
- Which state has recently introduced transgender category in its Board Examination?
The Bihar government has introduced the transgender as a third category to opt for and appear in the Board exams conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB). It is for the first time that the Board will conduct the exams for the transgender category in 2017 after it was recognized by Supreme Court in 2014. According to the Board officials, total 18 students have been enrolled this year to appear in the exam. It includes 10 students of Class 12 students and 8 students Class 10.
- The Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System has been launched in which city on February 3, 2017?
Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, Flag Officer Commanding- in-Chief, Western Naval Command inaugurated the Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) on February 3, 2017 in Mumbai. The system has been developed to strengthen Harbour Defence and Security at Mumbai. It will enhance the security of the valuable assets against surface and underwater threat.
- Which automotive manufacturing company has launched TAMO as its sub-brand and a startup to develop futuristic vehicles?
C.Bajaj Auto Limited
D.Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
Answer –A.Tata Motors
Automotive manufacturing company Tata Motors has come up with an innovative plan to strengthen its market share in the country. It is set to expand its passenger vehicle manufacturing segment by creating a new sub-brand under the name TAMO which will act as a start-up to develop new and innovative products. TAMO will involve partnership with global start-ups and technology companies to have access to trends, innovations for developing new technologies and business models to design exciting future products and services.
- Which flower has been dedicated this year to President Pranab Mukherjee and his late wife in the annual Udyanotsav opened by the President in Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 4, 2017?
President Pranab Mukherjee opened the annual ‘Udyanotsav‘ of the Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 4, 2017. The Mughal Gardens will remain open for general public from February 4, 2017 to March 12, 2017. The two varieties of roses named ‘President Pranab‘ and ‘Suvra Mukherjee‘ were developed by Pranabir Kumar Maity and Ashok Kumar Maity of Pushpanjali Rose Nursery at Jakpur, West Bengal. Vertical Gardens and Air Purifying Plants which absorb toxins from polluted air. Exhibition Stalls set up near the Spiritual Garden displaying produce of fresh vegetables and fruits grown in the President’s Estate Organic Farm.
- HDFC bank has reduced the number of free transactions at the home branch from five times to ______ times.
Answer – C.Four
India’s second largest private sector bank, HDFC, has planned to increase the fee for savings account holders doing cash transaction in order to encourage digital mode of payment. The bank on has reduced the third party transaction limit to Rs. 25000 a day. Earlier this limit was Rs. 50000. Besides, it has also reduced the number of free transactions at branches from 5 to 4. The fee for non free transaction has been increased to Rs. 150. For the free transaction, the bank has limited the cash transaction to Rs. 2 lakh, above which customers will have to pay a minimum of Rs. 150 or Rs. 5 per thousand.
- India’s first centre of excellence in automation technologies has been set up in which state on February 3, 2017?
India’s first Centre of Excellence in Automation Technology was inaugurated by the Gujarat Technological University at its campus at Vishwakarma Government Engineering College in Ahmedabad on February 3, 2017. The center has been funded by a German technology major, Bosch Rexroth. The excellence centre has four laboratories including Pneumatic Lab, Hydraulic Lab, PLC Lab, Robotic & Mechatronics Lab and Sensor Lab. The centre was inaugurated by Bosch Rexroth managing director, Hans Bangert jointly by the Gujarat government’s minister of state for higher and technical education, Jayadrathsinh Parmar.
- How many fraud websites and Mobile Applications have been shut down by the UIDAI for offering illegal Aadhaar related services?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has dismissed 50 websites and mobile apps including 12 websites and 12 mobile applications available on Google Play store that were offering Aadhaar-related services illegally. Besides, the authorities have been directed to further shut down 26 websites and mobile applications. The decision comes after some websites and app were providing unauthorised Aadhaar related services such as downloading online Aadhaar card, providing status of Aadhaar generation, PVC Aadhaar Card etc., to residents.
- The state government of Iran has banned the wrestlers from which country to participate in the freestyle World Cup to be held in Iran in February 2017?
Answer –A.United States
Iran government on February 3, 2017 banned the United States wrestlers from participating in the freestyle World Cup to be held in February 2017 as a counter-move against President Donald Trump’s executive order suspending visas for Iran. This decision is seen as the first step by Iranian government in response to Trump’s executive order banning visas for seven Muslim-majority countries. The World Cup competition is scheduled to be held from February 16-17 in the western Iranian city of Kermanshah, Iran.
- United States President Donald Trump has imposed a new sanction on which country on February 3, 2017 for conducting ballistic missile test?
The United States President Donald Trump imposed a new sanction on February 3, 2017 on Iran in a move to punish Tehran for its latest ballistic missile test. US have imposed sanction on more than two dozen Iranian entities after Islamic republic dismissed President Donald Trump’s warnings over the missile test saying it as baseless and provocative..The missile test carried out by Iran violated the UN Security Council Resolution 2231, which said that Tehran cannot test missiles capable of delivering a nuclear weapon.
- Who has been named as the new MD & CEO of the National Stock Exchange on February 3, 2017?
Answer –B.Vikram Limaye
Managing Director of IDFC, Vikram Limaye has been named as the new Managing Director & CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) on February 3, 2017. The position was lying vacant after Chitra Ramakrishna quit the exchange on December 2 citing personal reasons. Thus the stock exchange set up a four-member panel on December 5, to look for the next MD of the bourse. Limaye would be the first NSE CEO from outside the founding team that set up the exchange in the 1990s.
- Name the Indian diplomat who has been re-appointed as a member of the Joint Inspection Unit by the UN General Assembly with effect from January 1, 2018?
B.Mani Shankar Aiyar
Answer – D.Achamkulangare Gopinathan
Top Indian diplomat, Achamkulangare Gopinathan has been re-appointed by the UN General Assembly to the Joint Inspection Unit for a five-year term beginning January 1, 2018. Along with him, Sukai Prom-Jackson of Gambia, Jean Wesley Cazeau of Haiti and Nikolay Lozinskiy of Russia have also been appointed members of the Joint Inspection Unit.
- Who has been sworn in as the Principal Economic Adviser in the Ministry of Finance by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on February 3, 2017?
Answer –C. Sanjeev Sanyal
Noted economist Sanjeev Sanyal has been appointed as the Principal Economic Adviser in the Ministry of Finance by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on February 3, 2017. Sanjeev Sanyal, former Global Strategist and Managing Director of Deutsche Bank will serve as the Principal Economic Adviser in the Department of Economic Affairs.
- Who has been appointed the new Director (Commercial) of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) on February 3, 2017?
A.Anand Kumar Gupta
C.Sanjeev Kumar Yadav
Answer – A.Anand Kumar Gupta
Anand Kumar Gupta (56) has been appointed as director of NTPC for commerical operation on February 3, 2017. Gupta will be responsible for the activities relating to commercial, international and domestic business development and consultancy business of NTPC.
- Joginder Singh who passed away on February 3, 2017 had served as a Director of which organization?
A.Department of Police, New Delhi
C.Central Bureau of Investigation
D.National Disaster Response Force
Answer –C.Central Bureau of Investigation
Former CBI Director Joginder Singh passed away on February 3, 2017 after a
prolonged illness in New Delhi. He was 77. The 1961 batch IPS officer of Karnataka cadre served as the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief between 1996 and 1997. During his tenure as CBI officer, he dealt with various investigation cases like Bofors scam and Bihar’s fodder scam etc.
- What is the theme of the World Cancer Day 2017?
A.Together We Can
B.Not Beyond Us
C.Come Together it is Possible
D.We Can, I Can
Answer –D.We Can, I Can
The World Cancer Day is celebrated annually on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment. The theme of 2017 World Cancer Day is We Can, I Can. A special three year campaign has been designed from 2016-2018 to explore ways how everyone collectively or as individuals can do their part to reduce the global burden of cancer. The day was started by Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008.
- Which solar powered spacecraft of NASA completed a close flyby of Jupiter for the fourth time on February 2, 2017?
Juno spacecraft sent by US space agency NASA , orbiting the planet Jupiter has completed a close flyby of Jupiter for the fourth time on February 2, 2017. Juno is currently in a 53-day orbit and its next close flyby of Jupiter will occur on March 27, 2017. During this period, Juno is studying the gas giant’s auroras to learn more about the planet’s origins, structure, atmosphere and magnetosphere.
- On February 3, 2017, the Reserve Bank of India has waived off fee charges for transaction upto Rs. _________settled on IMPS, USSD and UPI.
The Reserve Bank of India has directed banks on February 3, 2017 to waive off transaction charges and lower interest rates on credit cards as a move to encourage digital transaction. RBI has decided that customers would not be levied any charges by banks and prepaid payment instrument issuers for transactions up to Rs. 1,000 settled on Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) and Unified Payments Interface (UPI) till March 3, 2017.