AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- With which organisation the NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has partnered to launch the artificial intelligence (AI) based module across 5000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in India?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)Answer-3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has collaborated with Nasscom (National Association of Software and Services Companies) to launch the artificial intelligence (AI) based module including AI kits across 5000 Atal Tinkering Labs for the beneficial of 2.5 million students in the country from February 27, 2020 so that students can get for better knowledge of AI.
- Name the Indian state/UT, which passed the bill in legislative assembly to make Marathi as mandatory subject in all the schools?
2) Daman & Diu
5) MaharashtraAnswer-5) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra(MH) state government assembly has unanimously approved a law, compulsory “Maharashtra Compulsory Teaching and Learning of Marathi Language in Schools Bill, 2020” to make Marathi Language as a mandatory subject in all schools of the state. As per the bill, schools which fails to implement the new rule have to pay a penalty of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Name the Indian state/UT government, which approved the proposal to change the name of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University as Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Languages University.
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
5) JharkhandAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved a proposal to change the name of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University to Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Languages University in Lucknow.
- The Government of India (GoI) has approved Rs.162 crores for Operations Green (OG) scheme (Feb 2020). The OG scheme works under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
2) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
3) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer-1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
The government approved Rs 162 crore under Operations Green (OG) Scheme which was announced in 2018-19 budget with an outlay of 500 crores to stable the supply of TOP crops (Tomato, Onion & Potato) & to confirm their availability throughout the year without price volatility. The scheme works under Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI). The aim of the scheme is to enhance TOP Crops value chain & promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
- The ‘Smart gram yojana’ scheme of which Indian state, is named after Raosaheb Ramrao Patil the late former Deputy chief minister of the state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-2) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra’s Government’s “Smart gram yojana” will be named after former Deputy Chief Minister the late Raosaheb Ramrao Patil.
- The Central government has approved 32 projects (covers 17 states with the investment worth of Rs. 406 crores) under the PMKSY scheme. The ‘S’ in PMKSY denotes?
5) SamriddhiAnswer-3) Sampada
Government approved a total of 32 projects under ‘unit’ scheme of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) [scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro Processing Clusters] in the meeting of Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC) presided over by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) Harsimrat Kaur Badal. The project covers about 17 states, leveraging an investment worth of Rs 406 crores.
- The Union Tribal Affairs minister has launched the ‘Capacity building program’ and ‘1000 spring Initiatives’ in an event in Odisha. Who is the present Tribal Affairs minister?
1) Mahendra Nath Pandey
2) Ramvilas Paswan
3) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Arjun MundaAnswer-5) Arjun Munda
Shri Arjun Munda, the Union Tribal Affairs Minister has launched the “Programme for Capacity Building of Scheduled Tribe (ST) Representatives in Local Self Governments (LSG)” in Bhubhaneswar, Odisha in the presence of Chief Minister of Odisha Shri Navin Patnaik and Smt. Renuka Singh Saruta, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs. He also launched “1000 Spring Initiatives” and an online portal on GIS (Geographic Information System)-based Spring Atlas with hydrological and chemical properties of the Springs during the event.
- Name the private sector bank, which partnered with IndiGo to launch co-branded credit card ‘Ka-Ching’ powered by MasterCard?
1) Axis Bank
2) Yes Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-4) HDFC Bank
HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) bank, an Indian banking and financial services company, has entered into a partnership with IndiGo airlines to launch its first travel credit card named ‘Ka-ching’- powered by Mastercard.
- Abhishek Singh has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to which of the following Country?
5) Trinidad & TobagoAnswer-4) Venezuela
The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India Appointed diplomat Shri Abhishek Singh as the next Ambassador of India to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. He will succeed Rajiv Kumar Napal, who passed away recently.
- The 2-day (Feb 25-26, 2020) International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine (ICoSDiTAUS-2020) held at which Indian state/UT?
1) West Bengal
2) Tamil Nadu
4) New Delhi
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) New Delhi
The two day International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine-ICoSDiTAUS-2020 was held in New Delhi on February 25-26, 2020. This is the biggest ever international conference on standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies of Traditional Medicine. It was organized by Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in association with World Health Organisation (WHO) at the Ministerial level.
- As per first edition of NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research) Land Records and Services Index (N-LRSI 2019-20), which is India’s best performing state in terms of digitising land records?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
According to the 1st edition of NCAER Land Records and Services Index (N-LRSI 2019-20) released by the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) , Madhya Pradesh (MP) emerged as the best performing state in terms of digitising land records with the score of 74.9.It was followed by Odisha (67.5points) and Maharashtra (65.3 points). While Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh ranked at bottom at 33rd position with a score of 2.0.
NCAER Land Record Services Index (N-LRSI) 2019-20 ranking:
Rank State/Union Territory Score 1 Madhya Pradesh 74.9 2 Odisha 67.5 3 Maharashtra 65.3 33rd Ladakh 2
- Which public sector company along with its subsidiary Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) acquired 17.28% of Bankers’ stake each in petronet MHB worth of Rs. 371 crores?
1) Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
4) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL)
5) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)Answer-2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and its subsidiary Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) acquired 17.28% stake each from 34.56 % of bankers’ stake in Petronet MHB, the firm that owns a petroleum product pipeline in Mangalore, Karnataka for about Rs 371 crore.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) which was designed and developed by Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL). Where is the Headquarters of HAL located at?
4) New Delhi
5) BengaluruAnswer-5) Bengaluru
Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) Production Hangar at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) complex in Bengaluru, Karnataka. LCH is designed & developed by HAL, a Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU). HAL’s headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka; CMD -R Madhavan
- Name the Company which developed the Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) “Yard 45006 VAJRA” which is the 6th vessel in the series of 7 OPV under ‘Make in India’ initiative?
1) Mazagon Dock Limited
2) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
3) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
4) L&T Shipbuilding Limited
5) Goa Shipyard LimitedAnswer-4) L&T Shipbuilding Limited
6th offshore patrol vessel(OPV) “Yard 45006” was launched to enhance coastal security. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping(I/C) and Chemicals & Fertilizers is the Chief Guest of the launching ceremony. The 6th vessel in the series of 7 OPV is designed & developed by Larsen & Toubro under the Central government’s initiative ‘Make in India’.
- Name the Indian Costal Guard’s 5th Offshore Patrol Vessel, which becomes first major defence ship (to clear all sea acceptance trials in a single sea sortie) inducted into service recently (Feb 2020).
1) ICGS Vijaya
2) ICGS Varad
3) ICGS Varaha
4) ICGS Samrat
5) ICGS SamarthAnswer-2) ICGS Varad
The Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) 5th Offshore Patrol Vessel called “ICGS Varad” was inducted into service by Shri. Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Minister of State for Shipping (Independent Charge) and Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertiliser at LOT Kattupalli shipyard, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The vessel has been designed and built by the L&T (Larsen & Toubro Limited). ICGS Varad set a record in Indian shipbuilding industry by becoming the first major defence ship to clear all sea acceptance trials in a single sea sortie.
- Find the first ever animal that can survive without oxygen as discovered by Scientists from Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel.
1) Vicugna pacos
2) Dasypus novemcinctus
3) Cricetulus griseus
4) Henneguya salminicola
5) Pan troglodytesAnswer-4) Henneguya salminicola
Researchers at Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel have discovered a jellyfish-like parasite,’Henneguya salminicola’, without a mitochondrial genome, the first multicellular organism known to have this absence. That means it doesn’t breathe and lives its life completely free of oxygen dependency. The study has been published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- A team of Astronomers from University of British Columbia (UBC) astronomy in Canada have discovered 17 new planets including an earth sized world. Which journal has published the findings?
1) Astronomy & Geophysics
2) The Astrophysical Journal
3) The Astronomical Journal
4) Astronomy & Astrophysics
5) Astrophysics and Space ScienceAnswer-3) The Astronomical Journal
A team of Astronomers including a student Michelle Kunimoto at University of British Columbia (UBC) astronomy in Canada, has discovered 17 new planets, including a potentially habitable Earth-sized rocky body that may have liquid water, by combing through data collected by NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Kepler Space Telescope, which was launched in 2009, and retired in October 2018.
The findings have been published in ‘The Astronomical Journal’.
- Sudhakar Krishna Rao from Karnataka who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is a ________.
1) Vedic Scholar
2) Law Maker
4) Stunt man
5) EnvironmentalistAnswer-1) Vedic Scholar
Sudhakar Krishna Rao, Centenarian Vedic Scholar and Freedom fighter passed away at in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was the founding editor of Veda Taranga, the Kannada magazine devoted to Vedic studies. He was given the title “Pandit Sudhakar Chaturvedi” for his authority on all the four Vedas. He was also called “Gandhi’s postman” as he delivered the letters dictated by Gandhi addressed to the Viceroys or Governor-general and Gandhi called him ‘Karnataki’.
- Karnataka’s Shadakshari Settar who is in news recently (Feb 2020) belongs to which field?
5) ScienceAnswer-4) History
Shadakshari Settar (85), a famous Historian, Linguists, who conducted research in the field of epigraphy, anthropology has passed away at a private hospital in Karnataka, where he was undergoing treatment for respiratory problems.
- The National Science Day (NSD) in India celebrated annually on February 28. What is the Theme of NSD 2020?
1) Theme: “Science & Technology for specially abled persons”
2) Theme: “Women in Science”
3) Theme: “Science for people and people for science”
4) Theme: “Science and Technology for a sustainable future”
5) Theme: “Scientific Issues for Development of the Nation”Answer-2) Theme: “Women in Science”
National Science Day (NSD) was observed all over India on Feb 28, 2020. This day marks the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir ChandraShekhara Venkata Raman (also called Sir C V Raman) on 28th February 1928 for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930. In 1986, the Government of India (GOI) declared Feb 28 as National Science Day. Theme of the NSD 2020: “Women in Science”.
- The World Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) day observed annually on __________.
1) February 23
2) February 4
3) March 8
4) April 6
5) February 27Answer-5) February 27
World NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Day was observed annually on February 27, the human Right activists & all individuals celebrated World NGO Day 2020, to raise awareness about the NGO sector and to encourage people worldwide who are involved & dedicatedly working for a good cause.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present CEO of NITI Aayog (Feb 2020)? Answer-Amitabh Kant
- Where is the Headquarters of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED) located at?Answer-New Delhi
- Which is the constituency of Tribal Affairs minister – Arjun Munda? Answer-Khunti (Jharkhand)
- Who is the present Managing Director (MD) of HDFC bank? Answer-Aditya Puri
- What is the currency & Capital of Venezuela? Answer-Currency – Venezuelan bolivar & Capital – Caracas
- Who is the present CEO of NITI Aayog (Feb 2020)?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]