AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian State, which becomes 1st in the country to launch unified vehicle registration and 2nd to launch unified driving license after Uttar Pradesh.
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) GoaAnswer-2) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh(MP) has become 1st state in the country to introduce unified vehicle registration & 2nd state to launch the unified driving license after Uttar Pradesh. The objective of the card is to provide unified smart cards for driving license & vehicle registration with QR code. MP is the first state to issue both smart cards together.
- Gangapuram Kishan Reddy (MoS – Home Ministry) has inaugurated National Cyber Research, Innovation and capacity centre at which Indian city?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Guwahati, Assam
5) Raipur, ChhattisgarhAnswer-3) Hyderabad, Telangana
The Minister of State (MOS) for Home Affairs Ministry, Mr. Gangapuram Kishan Reddy has Inaugurated National Cyber Research, Innovation and capacity centre at Central Detective Training Institute (CDTI) in Hyderabad, Telangana State (T.S). The objective of the centre is to help the nation to combat cyber threats. It is one of the 7 major units under Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C).
- Name the 1st National Democratic Alliance (NDA) state which passes resolution against National Register of Citizen (NRC)?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Bihar
Bihar became the 1st National Democratic Alliance (NDA) state in India, which passed a resolution against National Register of Citizens (NRC) and also passed a resolution to implement the National Population Register (NPR), according to 2010 format, with an amendment. In this regard, a unanimous resolution has been passed by the Bihar assembly.
- The 16th joint Ministerial commission (JMC) between India and Australia held at which Indian state?
5) New DelhiAnswer-5) New Delhi
The 16th Commission of the Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) was held between India and Australia in New Delhi. The meeting was co-chaired by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Government of India and Senator Simon Birmingham, Minister of Trade, Tourism and Investment, Government of Australia.
- The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) organized the 1st ‘National conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience’ (CDRR&R) at which Indian state/UT?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) New Delhi
5) West BengalAnswer-4) New Delhi
The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) organised 1st ‘National conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) in Delhi.It is a one-day conference. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai presided over the valedictory session.
- Name the Indian Minister, who launched the “Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator” a joint venture between UGC (University Grants Commission) and the British Council under the United Kingdom (UK) India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI).
1) Ramesh Pokhriyal
2) Amit Shah
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Harsh VardhanAnswer-1) Ramesh Pokhriyal
Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal launched the “Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator” in New Delhi. The initiative is the joint venture between UGC (University Grants Commission) and the British Council under the United Kingdom (UK) India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI).
- During the US president Donald Trump’s visit to India (Feb 24-25, 2020), US has finalized the defence deal worth _____ for the sale of six AH-64E Apache Helicopters, and 24 MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopters to India.
1) $ 750 million
2) $ 10 Billion
3) $ 1175 million
4) $ 3 Billion
5) $ 7 BillionAnswer-4) $ 3 Billion
During the US president Donald Trump’s visit to India (Feb 24-25, 2020), India – US closed defence deals worth $3 billion which includes the sale of state-of-the-choppers, six AH-64E Apache Helicopters, and 24 MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopters to India under the Foreign Military Sales program of the US government.
- What is the Gift presented to US President Donald Trump by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to India (Feb 24-25, 2020)?
1) Statute of Taj Mahal
2) Statue of 3 wise Monkeys
3) Statue of Gandhiji
4) Statue of Red fort
5) Statue of Donald TrumpAnswer-2) Statue of 3 wise Monkeys
A marble replica of Mahatma Gandhi’s “three wise monkeys” statue, a copy of his Talisman or a piece of wisdom as well as a special edition of his autobiography were among the items gifted to US President Donald Trump and his wife Melania during their visit to the Sabarmati Ashram.
- As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The value of digital payments to GDP increased from 660% in 2014-15 to _____ in 2018-19.
5) 736%Answer-3) 862%
As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The value of digital payments to GDP increased from 660% in 2014-15 to 862% in 2018-19.
- As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The notes in circulation (NIC) increased at average rate of ____ between October 2014 and October 2016.
5) 36%Answer-4) 14%
As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The notes in circulation (NIC) [Currency in Circulation (CIC) – coins in circulation] increased at average rate of 14% between October 2014 and October 2016.
- As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The CIC (Currency in Circulation) across the country increased at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of _____ over the past 5 years (2014-2015 to 2018-2019).
5) 18.6%Answer-3) 10.2%
As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) report titled “Assessment of the progress of digitisation from cash to electronic”, The CIC (Currency in Circulation) across the country increased at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.2% over the past 5 years (2014-2015 to 2018-2019).
- Find the organization, which secured $118 Million through offshore India rupee linked 10-year bonds (Feb 2020).
1) World Bank (WB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) Export–Import Bank (EXIM)
5) State Bank of India (SBI)Answer-3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has secured Rs 850 crore (about $118 million) from a new issue of offshore Indian rupee-linked 10-year bonds, with the bonds bearing a semi-annual coupon of 6.15% and priced to yield 6.19%.
- Name the Private sector bank , which got nod from Reserve Bank of India to open new branches without prior approval (Feb 2020).
1) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) Dhanlaxmi Bank
4) City Union Bank
5) Bandhan BankAnswer-5) Bandhan Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has lifted the ban on Bandhan Bank & allowed it to open new branches without prior permission. However, the RBI came up with some regulatory conditions & directed the bank to order about 25 % of the total banking outlets to be opened in rural areas where banking facilities are not available.
- Who has been appointed as the new president of multinational finance service company, MasterCard (Feb 2020)?
1) Mark Schwartz
2) Silvio Barzi
3) Michael Miebach
4) Alfred F Kelly
5) Richard HaythornthwaiteAnswer-3) Michael Miebach
Mastercard named Michael Miebach as its new President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He will replace Ajaypal Singh Banga, who assumes charge as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors in effect from March 1, 2020.
- Jawed Ashraf has been appointed as Next ambassador of India to which of the following Country (Feb 2020)?
4) United Kingdom
5) FranceAnswer-5) France
Shri Jawed Ashraf is appointed as the next Ambassador of India to France, he succeeds Vinay Mohan Kwatra. Vinay Mohan Kwatra will become the next Ambassador of India to Nepal, he succeeds Manjeev Singh Puri.
- The 3-day international conference on “Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA) 2020” organized by Ministry of Earth sciences’s (MoES) National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) held at which Indian City?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) Noida, Uttar PradeshAnswer-5) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
The 3-day international conference on “Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA) 2020” organized by Ministry of Earth sciences’s (MoES) National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) is inaugurated by Dr.Harsh Vardhan,the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology, Earth Sciences in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) formed a 9-members committee to examine the possibility of allowing life insurers offer indemnity based health policies. Who is the Head of the committee?
1) G. Srinivasan
2) M N Sharma
3) Ritesh Kumar
4) S N Bhattacharya
5) A V Girija KumarAnswer-1) G. Srinivasan
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), an autonomous body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance, has formed a 9-member committee led by Mr. G. Srinivasan, Director of National Insurance Academy to examine the possibility of allowing life insurers offer indemnity based health policies.
- Who Headed the High level committee which submitted the report on implementation of Clause 6 of the Assam Accord of 1985 to Assam Chief Minister (CM) Sarbananda Sonowal (Feb 2020)?
1) Justice Mukul Mudgal
2) Justice Madan Lokur
3) Justice Biplab Kumar Sarma
4) Justice Sanjiv Khanna
5) Justice Vikramajit SenAnswer-3) Justice Biplab Kumar Sarma
A high-powered committee headed by retired former Gauhati High Court (HC) Justice Biplab Kumar Sarma has formally submitted its report on implementation of Clause 6 of the Assam Accord of 1985 to Assam Chief Minister (CM) Sarbananda Sonowal in the presence of state’s finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and other officials. The report will then have submitted to the Union Home Minister (HM) Amit Shah.
- According to IQAir AirVisual’s report titled “2019 World Air Quality Report-Region & City PM2.5 Ranking”, what is the India’s Rank in most polluted country list?
5) 9Answer-4) 5
In accordance with the “2019 World Air Quality Report-Region & City PM2.5 Ranking” compiled by IQAir AirVisual, India ranked 5th as the most polluted country in the world. Cleanest country – Bahamas & Most polluted country – Bangladesh.
World most Polluted Countries 2019 (PM2.5)
Rank Country Average PM2.5 concentration (µg/m³) 1 Bangladesh 83.3 2 Pakistan 65.8 3 Mongolia 62 4 Afghanistan 58.8 5 India 58.1 98 Bahamas 3.3
- According to IQAir AirVisual’s report titled “2019 World Air Quality Report-Region & City PM2.5 Ranking”, which Indian state ranked top in the list of cities with poor air quality in the world?
2) New Delhi
5) KolkataAnswer-1) Ghaziabad
In accordance with the “2019 World Air Quality Report-Region & City PM2.5 Ranking” compiled by IQAir AirVisual, Ghazhiabad, Uttar Pradesh, India topped the list of cities with poor air quality in the world. Also, New Delhi topped in World’s most polluted capital city list 2019.
World most Polluted Cities 2019 (PM2.5)
Rank Country Average PM2.5 concentration (µg/m³) 1 Ghaziabad, India 110.2 2 Hotan, China 110.1 3 Gujranwala, Pakistan 105.3 4 Faisalabad, Pakistan 104.6 5 Delhi, India 98.6 4661 Nassau, Bahamas 3.3
- As per the “The Hurun Global Rich List 2020” released jointly by Hurun Research Institute and Shimao Shenkong International Center, who is the world’s richest person?
1) Larry Page
2) Bernard Arnault
3) Jeff Bezos
4) Bill Gates
5) Mark ZuckerbergAnswer-3) Jeff Bezos
The Hurun Global Rich List 2020 was jointly released by Shanghai-based Hurun Research Institute and Shenzhen-based Shimao Shenkong International Center. Jeff Bezos retains 1st rank (with $140 Billion wealth) for the third running year and Mukesh Ambani is positioned at 9th with $67 billion wealth. Also Uday Kotak is listed as The World’s Richest self-made banker.
Rank Name Wealth
Main company(for wealth) Country 9 Mukesh Ambani USD 67 Reliance India 1 Jeff Bezos USD 140 Amazon USA 2 Bernard Arnault USD 107 LVMH France 3 Bill Gates USD 106 Microsoft USA
- Name the Credit rating agency, which completely acquires 100% stake in Greenwich Associates (Feb 2020).
1) Fitch India
2) ICRA Ltd
3) Credit Analysis and Research limited (CARE)
4) Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
5) Small and Medium Enterprises Rating Agency of India (SMERA)Answer-4) Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
Rating Agency Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (Crisil) completed the acquisition of 100% stake in Greenwich Associates. The transaction was announced on December 19, 2019.
- The 5th edition of Indradhanush – “Indradhanush V 2020” held at Hindan, Uttar Pradesh. The Indradhanush is the Air exercise held between India and which of the following Country?
2) United States
3) Sri Lanka
4) United Kingdom
5) MongoliaAnswer-4) United Kingdom
A 5-day (February 24-29,2020) long 5th edition of India-UK (United Kingdom) bilateral air exercise “Indradhanush-V” 2020 between Indian Air Force (IAF) and British Royal Air Forces (RAF) has commenced at Air Force Station Hindan in Uttar Pradesh (UP). ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’ was the focus of this edition of the exercise.
- Name the Mobile application, which is going to launch by Union Labour Ministry for the ESI beneficiaries (Feb 2020).
5) BoloAnswer-3) Santusht
The Union Labour Minister Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar on Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) foundation day announced about launching “Santusht” mobile app for the benefit of ESI beneficiaries & launched ESIC’s Special Service Fortnight from February 24 to March 10.
- Indian National Center for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) has launched 3 new advance warning systems for the benefit of fishermen & people living in the coastal areas of South India. The INCOIS is located in which Indian city?
5) MurdeshwarAnswer-1) Hyderabad
The Indian National Center for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad has launched 3 new ocean based specialised products for the benefit of fishermen & people living in the coastal areas of South India. The 3 warning systems are Small Advisory and Forecast Services System (SVAS), Swell Surge Forecast System (SSFS) and Algal Bloom Information Service (ABIS).
- A team of experts from the UK, Switzerland and India have discovered the world’s largest species of cave fish (Tor putitora) in Jaintia Hills (India). The Jaintia hills is located in which Indian State?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-4) Meghalaya
A team of experts from the UK (United Kingdom), Switzerland and India have discovered the world’s largest species of cave fish in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. The fish, Tor putitora has no eyes and is white due to lack of melanin pigmentation.
- Kiren Rijiju (MoS Independent Charge- Youth Affairs and Sports) has inaugurated the 1st ever Khelo India Winter Games at Which Indian state/UT?
1) Leh, Ladakh
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
4) Shillong, Meghalaya
5) Kohima, NagalandAnswer-1) Leh, Ladakh
Shri Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports, inaugurated the first ever Khelo India Winter Games (KIWG) in the Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh at Leh, Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K).
- Jiya Rai who is in news recently (Feb 2020) related to which sports?
2) Basket Ball
5) CricketAnswer-3) Swimming
An 11yr old Ms Jiya Rai has become the fastest special girl to create a world record in solo swimming event was conducted under the supervision of Swimming Association of Maharashtra, who is a student of Navy Children School (NCS), Mumbai swam from Elephanta Island to Gateway of India at a distance of 14 Km in 03 hours 27 minutes and 30 seconds in open water swimming.
- Hosni Mubarak who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is the former President of which Country?
5) EgyptAnswer-5) Egypt
Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak, former President of Egypt passed away at the age of 91, in Cairo, Egypt. He was born on 4th May 1928 in Egypt. He served as the president of Egypt for nearly 30 years (1981-2011).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the world’s largest cricket stadium located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat? Answer-Sardar Patel Stadium (Motera Stadium)
Namaste, Trump event was organized for Donald Trump at Ahmedabad’s newly-built Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cricket Stadium in Motera. It is the world’s biggest cricket stadium. The 125,000-strong crowd gathered to welcome to US president on his first visit to India.
- The 2028 summer Olympics will be held at which Country? Answer-Los Angeles, US
Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced recently (Feb 2020) India is working to be in top ten countries in medal tally in 2028 Los Angeles Olympics.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Ground Water Training and Research Institute located at which Indian state? Answer-Chhattisgarh
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on February 25, 2020 inaugurated the newly constructed building of a national groundwater research institute in Nava Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Bhitarkanika National park located in which Indian state? Answer-Odisha
The population of endangered dolphins has come down by half (from 126 to 62) in Odisha’s Bhitarkanika National Park as per the Dolphin census report released on February 24, 2020.
- What is the Capital & Currency of Australia? Answer-Capital – Canberra & Currency – Australian Dollar
- Where is the Headquarters of Bandhan Bank located at? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
- What is the Capital & Currency of Egypt? Answer-Capital – Cairo & Currency – Egyptian Pound
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]