AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 & 24 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs February 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs February 23 & 24 2020
- The 4th anniversary of Shyama Prasad Mukherji National Rurban Mission (SPMRM) was celebrated on 21 February, 2020. Which Indian Ministry has launched the Shyama Prasad Mukherji National Rurban Mission in 2016?
1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
2) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Rural Development
5) Ministry of Development of North Eastern RegionAnswer-4) Ministry of Rural Development
The 4th anniversary of the launch of Shyama Prasad Mukherji National Rurban Mission (SPMRM) has been celebrated on 21 February 2020. The Mission is launched by Ministry of Rural Development on 21 February, 2016 which aims to boost the economic development at the local level, as well as to bring about a comprehensive transformation of these rural clusters by increasing basic services and creating well-organized rural clusters.
- Name the Indian Airport, which gets world’s largest ‘Export cold zone’ to store & process agro and pharma products (Feb 2020)?
1) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad
2) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai
3) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
4) Kempegowda International Airport, Karnataka
5) Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port BlairAnswer-2) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai
Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), a joint venture (JV) of the GVK led consortium and Airports Authority of India (AAI), has unveiled Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport as the world’s largest airport-based temperature-controlled facility, the ‘Export Cold Zone’ for processing and storage of agro and pharma products.
- Which Indian state/UT has operationalized Dial 112 as integrated number for police, medical and fire emergencies (Feb 2020)?
5) KeralaAnswer-5) Kerala
The Kerala Police have operationalised Dial 112 (consolidation of police (100), fire (101), health (108)), the Pan-India number of the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), introduced by the Ministry of Home Affairs, for citizens in emergencies. The state launched the integrated emergency number in all 19 police districts for police, medical and fire emergencies, and also the women’s helpline.
- Under which scheme the government has paid Rs. 50, 580 crores for farmers to meet farm input cost and domestic expenses (as on Feb 2020)?
1) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
2) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)
3) Gramin Bhandaran Yojna
4) Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
5) Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)Answer-5) Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
The centre stated that it has paid Rs 50,850 crore to farmers under Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme (Launched on February 24, 2019). The scheme is under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Union Ministry of Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar launched PM KISAN mobile application, which is aimed at broadening the reach of the scheme. Under the scheme farmers will be provided with Rs. 6000 in 3 equal installments to meet farm input cost and domestic expenses.
- Which Indian state government has launched scheme ‘Jagananna Vasthi Deevena’ to provide financial assistance to handle hostel and mess expenditure of students?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy has launched an educational scheme called ‘Jagananna Vasthi Deevena’ in Vizianagaram district. Under the scheme, a financial assistance of Rs 2,300 crore will be provided to the students pursuing ITI, polytechnic, UG and PG education courses to handle hostel and mess expenditure.
- Rajlaxmi Singh Deo re-elected as president of which Indian sports federation (Feb 2020)?
1) Basketball Federation of India
2) Boxing Federation of India
3) Ball Badminton Federation of India
4) Athletic Federation of India
5) Rowing Federation of IndiaAnswer-5) Rowing Federation of India
Rajalaxmi Singh Deo was re-elected as the President of RFI (Rowing Federation of India) and M V Shriram elected as the Secretary General of RFI, after the successful completion of election held in Hyderabad, Telangana. The election was conducted under the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) observer K Govindraj.
- Ms. Padmaja has been accredited as next High Commissioner of India to which country?
1) Republic of Cyprus
2) New Caledonia
3) St Christopher and Nevis
4) Republic of the Congo
5) Republic of VanuatuAnswer-5) Republic of Vanuatu
Ms. Padmaja, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Fiji, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Vanuatu, with the residence in suva.
- Name the Bollywood actor, who has won best actor award in Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2020 was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra?
1) Shahrukh Khan
2) Hrithik Roshan
3) Salman Khan
4) Akshay Kumar
5) Aamir KhanAnswer-2) Hrithik Roshan
The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2020 was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Hrithik Roshan bagged the Best Actor award for film “Super 30”.
List of Awards at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival 2020:
Category of Awards Winners Best Film Super 30 Best Actor Hrithik Roshan Most Promising Actor Kiccha Sudeep Best Actor in Television Series Dheeraj Dhoopar Best Actress in Television Divyanka Tripathi Most Favourite Television Actor Harshad Chopda Most Favourite Jodi in Television Series Sriti Jha and Shabbir Ahluwalia (Kumkum Bhagya) Best Reality Show Bigg Boss 13 Best Television Series Kumkum Bhagya Best Playback Singer Male Armaan Malik Best Playback Singer (Female) Tulsi Kumar Best Actress Web Series Dia mirza (kafir) Best anchor Manish Paul Best Digital Film Yours Truly Decade Star 2020 Anupam Kher Best paparazzi of the year Manav Mangalani
- Name the person who has won the title ‘LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020’?
1) Lara Dutta
2) Asha Bhat
3) Neha Jaiswal
4) Vartika Singh
5) Adline CastelinoAnswer-5) Adline Castelino
Adline Castelino from Mangalore, Karnataka has won LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020 title and was crowned by Vartika Singh, the winner of previous edition, at an event held in YRF (Yash Raj Films) Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Name the Indian scientist, who has been honoured with Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) Women Excellence Award-2020?
1) Dr. Aastha Mishra
2) Dr. Swati Tripathi
3) Dr. Mehak Gupta
4) Dr. Nazia Abbas
5) Dr Niti KumarAnswer-5) Dr Niti Kumar
Dr Niti Kumar, a Senior Scientist from Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, CSIR-CDRI (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Drug Research Institute), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) to be honoured with SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) Women Excellence Award-2020 by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind during National Science Day Celebrations on February 28, 2020, in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The International judicial conference 2020 with the theme ‘Gender Just World’ held at which Indian state/UT?
1) New Delhi
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-1) New Delhi
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the International Judicial Conference in New Delhi. The theme of the conference was “Gender Just World” while its topic was “Judiciary and The Changing World”. The The conference introduced the “Just World” concept in the Judicial System of India which aims to take the judicial system of the country to every citizen irrespective of their gender.
- Which country has assumed the presidency of UN body of Migratory species for 3 years (2020-2023)?
1) United States
5) PhilippinesAnswer-4) India
India assumed COP Presidency for the next three years (2020-2023) with a focus on collaborative approach to tackle Biodiversity issues. In this regard, PM Modi affirms India’s commitment towards conservation of Migratory species. India will succeed Philippines which was COP 12 President from 2017. As a COP President for the next three years, India will work towards conserving the Central Asian Flyway.
- Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON) is located at which Indian state/UT?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
Union environment ministry has come out with a 10-year comprehensive plan for conservation of birds and their habitats in India through multiple measures. It is a visionary perspective plan (VPP) 2020-2030 which listed 15 major programmes. The VPP will be implemented by different stakeholders including ministries, with the Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), Anaikatty, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu being the focal institution for this purpose.
- Which Indian migratory species added to protected list in the 13th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS COP13)?
1) Bengal Florican
2) Asian Elephant
3) Great Indian Bustard
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The CMS lists the migratory species that are threatened with extinction. The member countries are obligated to protect the listed species throughout their range. Among the ten species added to this list during the 13th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS COP13), there are three Indian species, viz., Asian Elephant, Bengal Florican, and the Great Indian Bustard.
- Name the Arab nation which hosted the G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meeting 2020 on theme “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”?
4) Saudi Arabia
5) OmanAnswer-4) Saudi Arabia
The G20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Meeting was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 22-23 February 2020 on the theme “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”. Saudi Arabia is the first Arab nation to hold the G20 presidency and will hold the 15th meeting of G20 Leaders Summit 2020 from 21-22 November 2020, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has given approval for merger of Indus tower with which mobile tower infrastructure company of India?
1) Bharti Infratel
2) Tata Communications
3) Tower Vision India Private Limited
4) GTL Infrastructure Ltd.
5) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam LimitedAnswer-1) Bharti Infratel
The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) of India has given Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) approval for the merger of India’s largest mobile tower company Indus Towers with Bharti Infratel. After the merger, the new Entity will become the world’s second largest Tower company after China tower Corporation Ltd, Beijing in China.
- A team of astronomers at China’s Shanghai Astronomical Observatory has discovered breathable oxygen in galaxy outside of Milky Way for the 1st time. The article was published by which journal?
1) Journal of Material Science
2) Solar Physics
3) Astrophysical Journal
4) Nature Communications
5) The LancetAnswer-3) Astrophysical Journal
A team of astronomers at China’s Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, led by Junzhi Wang has identified molecular oxygen in a galaxy outside the Milky Way. The team identified the presence of molecular oxygen by analyzing light waves that had reached Earth from Markarian 231, a galaxy around 581 million light years away. The discovery has been published in Astrophysical Journal.
- The Habitable-Zone Planet Finder (HPF), an astronomical spectrograph has validated its 1st exoplanet named as ________.
4) 51 Pegasi b
5) PH1bAnswer-3) G9-40b
Habitable-Zone Planet Finder (HPF), an astronomical spectrograph installed on the 10-meter Hobby-Eberly Telescope at McDonald Observatory in Texas, Unites States(US) & built by Penn State University scientists, has validated its 1st planet (exoplanet) called G 9-40b. The details of the findings were published in the Astronomical Journal.
- Dommaraju Gukesh who is in news recently (Feb 2020) related to which sports?
5) SquashAnswer-3) Chess
The 13-year old Young Indian Grandmaster (GM) Dommaraju Gukesh (Youngest GM of India) emerged as champion in the 34th Cannes Open 2020 chess tournament held at Cannes, France by beating Harutyun Bargeshyan (France) in the Final round. Gukesh also won the title in the Hillerod 110th Anniversary Open event 2020 in Denmark and it was his 1st Open Tournament title.
- The 1st ever Khelo India University games was inaugurated at?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Cuttak, Odisha
5) Lucknow, Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Cuttak, Odisha
Prime Minister (PM) Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the first-ever Khelo India University Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha through video conferencing. Nearly 3,400 athletes from 159 universities across the country will participate in 17 disciplines including rugby which is among the 6 team events.
- What is the rank of India in 2020 Asian Wrestling Championships held at KD Jadhav Indoor Stadium in Indira Gandhi Arena, New Delhi (Feb 18-23, 2020)?
5) 5Answer-3) 3
The 2020 Asian Wrestling Championships, organized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and United World Wrestling (UWW), an international governing body for the sport of amateur wrestling, was held at the KD Jadhav Indoor Stadium in Indira Gandhi Arena, New Delhi from February 18 – 23, 2020. Japan topped the medal tally with 16 medals (8 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze). While India finished 3rd rank with 20 medals( 5 Gold, 6 Silver, 9 Bronze).
S.No Player Name Category Medal 1 Ravi Kumar Dahiya Men’s freestyle- 57kg Gold 2 Sunil Kumar Men’s Greco-Roman-87 kg Gold 3 Pinki Women’s freestyle-55 kg Gold 4 Sarita Mor Women’s freestyle- 59 kg Gold 5 Divya Kakran Women’s freestyle- 68 kg Gold 6 Bajrang Punia Men’s freestyle-65 kg Silver 7 Jitender Kumar Men’s freestyle -74 kg Silver 8 Gourav Baliyan Men’s freestyle -79 kg Silver 9 Satyawart Kadian Men’s freestyle -97 Kg Silver 10 Nirmala Devi Women’s freestyle -50Kg Silver 11 Sakshi Malik Women’s freestyle -65 kg Silver 12 Rahul Aware Men’s freestyle-61 kg Bronze 13 Deepak Punia Men’s freestyle-86 kg Bronze 14 Arjun Halakurki Men’s Greco-Roma-55 Kg Bronze 15 Ashu Men’s Greco-Roma-67 Kg Bronze 16 Aditya Kundu Men’s Greco-Roma-72 Kg Bronze 17 Hardeep Singh Men’s Greco-Roma-97 Kg Bronze 18 Vinesh Phogat Women’s freestyle- 53 kg Bronze 19 Anshu Malik Women’s freestyle- 57 kg Bronze 20 Gursharan Preet Kaur Women’s freestyle- 72 kg Bronze
- Name the person, who authored the book ‘Who is Bharat Mata’?
1) Vikram Seth
2) Kiran Desai
3) Purushottam Agarwal
4) Sudha Murthy
5) Arundhati RoyAnswer-3) Purushottam Agarwal
The Former Prime Minister of India Mr. Manmohan Singh has released the books “who is bharat mata” and the English version of the book is penned by professor Purushottam Agarwal, and the Kannada version the book is translated by Professor K E Radhakrishna and titled as “Yaaru Bharat Maate” Published by the Swapna Book House, Bengaluru in association with Delhi Karnataka Sangha.
- Who is the Author of the book ‘Death; An Inside Story: A book for all those who shall die’?
1) Jaggi Vasudev
2) Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3) Mata Amritanandamayi
4) Morari Bapu
5) Zakir NaikAnswer-1) Jaggi Vasudev
Vice-President President Venkaiah Naidu,who was the chief guest at the 26th Maha Sivaratri celebrations at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, has launched a book titled “Death; An Inside Story: A book for all those who shall die” penned by Jaggi Vasudev, an Indian yogi ,author & founder of Isha Foundation.
- C Chennigappa who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is the former minister of which Indian state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Karnataka
Former Karnataka Minister and Janata Dal (Secular) leader C Chennigappa passed away at the age of 70, in Bengaluru, Karnataka on February 22, 2020. He hailed from Byranayakanahalli, Nelamangala taluk, Karnataka. He was Forest Minister in the Congress-JD(S) coalition government in 2006.
- West Bengal sportsman Ashok Chatterjee who passed away recently (Feb 2020) belongs to which sports?
5) ChessAnswer-2) Football
The former Indian Footballer Ashok Chatterjee who was a part of India’s bronze-medal winning teams in the Merdeka Cup in 1965 and 1966, passed away at the age of 78 in Kolkata. Ashok Chatterjee captained the Mohun Bagan club in 1969 and he was honoured with the Mohun Bagan Lifetime Achievement Award by the club in 2019.
- Netaji kin Krishna Bose who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a _________?
5) EnvironmentalistAnswer-1) Politician
Krishna Bose, former Lok Sabha MP and relative of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, passed away at the age of 89 in Kolkata, West Bengal due to heart-related ailments. She was the Chairperson of the Netaji Research Bureau. She was elected as MP from the Jadavpur, West Bengal constituency in 1998 & 1999 as TMC (All India Trinamool Congress) candidate and in 1996 as a Congress candidate.
- The Central Exercise Day celebrated annually on _______?
1) January 26
2) April 15
3) February 24
4) May 12
5) July 24Answer-3) February 24
Central Excise Day was celebrated every year on February 24 across India to encourage the employees of the excise department to carry out the central excise duty in a better way and to prevent corruption. The Central Excise Day is celebrated to commemorate the Central Excise and Salt Act, which was enacted on February 24, 1944.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Yulimar Rojas related to which sports? Answer-Triple jump
Venezuela’s Yulimar Rojas has set a new indoor women’s triple jump world record of 15.43m at the Villa de Madrid World Athletics Indoor Tour meet on Friday, 21 February. Prior to this, The World record of 15.36m in triple jump was set by Russia’s Tatyana Lebedeva in Budapest in March 2004.
- Where is the Headquarters of Geological Survey of India (GSI) located at? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
On February 22, 2020 Geological Survey of India(GSI) has denied the discovery of gold deposits of over 3,000 tonnes and mentioned that the mineralised zone having an average grade of 3.03 grams per tonne of gold is tentative in nature and the total gold which can be extracted from the total resource of 52,806.25 tonnes of ore is approximately 160 kg and not 3,350 tonnes in Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Where is Headquarters of International Court of Justice (ICJ) located at? Answer-The Hague, Netherlands
- What is the Capital & Currency of Republic of Vanuatu? Answer-Capital – Port Vila & Currency – Vanuatu Vatu
- Where is the Headquarters of United World Wrestling (UWW) located at? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- Lonar lake, India’s only crater lake is located in which state? Answer-Maharashtra
The Indian government proposed names of 10 more wetlands to be declared as sites of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. The new wetlands being proposed for inclusion are – Lonar from Maharashtra which is a unique wetland and the only Crater Lake in the country, a site from Bihar-Kanwar lake, two sites from Haryana which doesn’t have a Ramsar site till now –Sultanpur and Bhindawas. Uttarakhand also has sent a proposal for its first Ramsar site-Asan and the rest are from Uttar Pradesh.
- Who is the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and customers (CBIC) in India? Answer-Pranab Kumar Das
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]