AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which railway zone of India has become 1st to have 13 energy neutral stations which is highest among other zones?
1) North central Zone
2) South central Zone
3) Central Zone
4) Western Zone
5) Eastern ZoneAnswer-2) South central Zone
The Indian South Central Railways (SCR) zone becomes India’s first to have 13 energy-neutral stations. The number is highest amongst all the zones across the Indian Railways network. The total capacity of all the solar panels installed at the 13 energy neutral stations is 99 kWp at a cost of Rs 50 lakh.
- The Union government has amended the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 by the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 with the aim to make the arbitration speedy execution of the case and ensure the mediation of the arbitrator. Who is the Law and Justice minister of India?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
3) Madan Mohan Malaviya
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Ramvilas PaswanAnswer-1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
The union government has amended the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 by the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 with the aim to make the arbitration process smooth, cost efficient, speedy execution of the case and ensure the mediation of the arbitrator. The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill 2019 was introduced in Rajya Sabha by the Minister for Law and Justice, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad, on July 15, 2019.
- Who flagged of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission’s (KVIC) ‘Apiary on Wheels’ for bee keepers in New Delhi?
1) Sadananda Gowda
2) Ramvilas Paswan
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Dharmendra PradhanAnswer-4) Nitin Gadkari
Nitin Jairam Gadkari , the union minister for Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) flagged off ‘Apiary on Wheels’ in New Delhi in the presence of Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). Apiary on Wheels is a unique concept for easy maintenance of BeeBox and migration of live colonies, designed by KVIC.
- Recently (Feb 2020) in Which Indian state Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 1st inter-city electric bus service of the state?
4) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer-1) Maharashtra
Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways, inaugurated the first inter-city electric bus service, between Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Pune (Maharashtra).
- The Government of India (GoI) to host the 3-day National organic food festival with the theme ‘Unleashing India’s organic market potential’ at which Indian State/UT?
5) New DelhiAnswer-5) New Delhi
The Government of India (GOI) is to host the National Organic Food festival from February (21 to 23, 2020) at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi, India. The festival will be inaugurated by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Minister of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI). The 3-day festival is celebrated for the 1st time in order to boost organic products and to promote women entrepreneurship in the area of production & processing of organic products. Theme: Unleashing India’s Organic Market Potential.
- Which Indian State Government launched ‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ (A plant of Love) under the Jal Jeevan Hariyali campaign to promote the practicing of planting trees?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Bihar
The state Government of Bihar’s Department of Environment and Forest in Patna has launched `Pyaar ka Paudha` (a plant of love) drive under the Jal Jeevan Hariyali campaign with an aim to promote the practice of planting trees in the state. As a part of this initative, the environment department has appealed to the people to gift the plant of love to their close ones as it will be alive for years & also stalls of Patna plants have been planted for this purpose.
- Which Indian State Government has launched ‘Anganphou Hunba’ (Sowing of first paddy crop) Programme?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-4) Manipur
Manipur Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren Singh launched “Anganphou Hunba” (Sowing of First Crop Paddy) programme at Arapti Mayai Leikai in Imphal East. The programme was organised by Arapti Urup Farmers’ Association under the supervision of Keirao AC Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Lourembam Rameshwor.
- The Government of India (GoI) has allocated 2 AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) and 9 other medical colleges for which Indian State/UT (Feb 2020)?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-1) Jammu & Kashmir
Jitendra Singh, Union Ministers for State, Public Grievances and Pensions, mentioned that Government of India (GOI) has allocated 2 AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) for Jammu & Kashmir(J&K)- one in Jammu & other in Kashmir. Jitendra Singh also mentioned that 9 medical colleges have also been sanctioned in J&K in addition to the 2 AIIMS.
- Name the Indian origin person who has been appointed as United Kingdom’s (UK) new Chancellor of Exchequer by Prime Minister Borris Johnson (Feb 2020)?
1) Alok Sharma
2) Priti Patel
3) Rishi Sunak
4) Swati Dandekar
5) Sam AroraAnswer-3) Rishi Sunak
Indian origin Rishi Sunak (39) has been appointed as the United Kingdom’s (UK) new Chancellor of the Exchequer by Prime Minister Boris Johnson. The Chancellor of the Exchequer is the UK government’s chief financial minister. He succeeds Pakistani-origin Sajid Javid who resigned as Chancellor.
- Vinay Dube has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (CEO) of which company?
5) AllianceGoAnswer-3) GoAir
Vinay Dube was appointed as the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of GoAir. He was the successor of Cornelis Vrieswijk who resigned in February 2019. GoAir MD (Managing Director), Jehangir Waldia was holding the additional charge of chief executive.
- According to Forbes ‘Real time Billionaires’ report, who is India’s 2nd richest person only behind the Mukesh Ambani, with the net worth of $17.8 Billion?
1) Lakshmi Mittal
2) Gautam Adani
3) Radhakishan Damani
4) Uday Kotak
5) Shiv NadarAnswer-3) Radhakishan Damani
Supermarket chain DMart’s Founder Radhakishan Damani becomes India’s 2nd richest person after Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited. According to Forbes ‘Real Time Billionaires’ Index, Damani has a net worth of $17.8 billion. DMart’s shares surged 700% in March 2017, with a market capitalisation of Rs 1.55 lakh crore.
Top 5 persons:
Mukesh Ambani ($57.4 billion),
Radhakishan Damani ($17.8 billion),
Shiv Nadar ($16.5 billion),
Uday Kotak ($14.9 billion),
Gautam Adani ($14.1 billion).
- What was the Theme of 43rd International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) council held at Rome, Italy on February 2020?
1) Theme: “Rural Transformation: Key to Sustainable Development”
2) Theme: “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030”
3) Theme: “Rural Innovation and Entrepreneurship”
4) Theme: “Fragility to long-term resilience: investing in sustainable rural economies”
5) Theme: “Inclusive investment: Rural people, state and business in the post 2020-Agenda”Answer-2) Theme: “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030”
The IFAD’s 43rd Governing Council meeting was held in Rome, Italy on 11-12 February 2020 on the theme “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030”.
- The 43rd International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) council held at Rome, Italy on February 2020 stated, due to climatic change around 100 million people will be pushed to poverty by _____?
5) 2030Answer-5) 2030
The IFAD’s 43rd Governing Council meeting was held in Rome, Italy on 11-12 February 2020 on the theme “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030”. During the meet, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) stated that the sequences of climate change and it’s impacts on agriculture will push around 100 million people to poverty by 2030.
- The Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) has cancelled the World Mobile Congress (WMC) 2020 due to outbreak of corona virus. The WMC was initially planned to be conducted at?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Barcelona, Spain
3) Istanbul, Turkey
4) Geneva, Switzerland
5) Berlin, GermanyAnswer-2) Barcelona, Spain
On February 13, 2020 GSM Association (Global System for Mobile Communication) has cancelled the MWC 2020 (Mobile World Congress) to be held in Barcelona, Spain due to Coronavirus outbreak. Mobile World Congress meeting was held annually since 2006, in Barcelona, Spain, where governments, ministers, policy makers, operators and industry leaders across the world will be presented & discuss developments in the technology sector.
- The 15th Finance Commission forms 5-member panel to investigate arrangement made for funding defense and internal security. Who is the head of the panel?
1) AN Jha
2) Ajay Bhalla
3) NK Singh
4) TV Somanathan
5) Ajay KumarAnswer-3) NK Singh
The 15th Finance Commission has set up a five-member group led by 15th Finance Commission Chairman, Nand Kishore (NK) Singh to investigate the need for separate arrangements for funding defense and internal security.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted Municipal Bonds Development Committee to get recommendations on policy matters pertaining to development of municipal debt securities market. Who is the Head of Committee?
1) N S Vishwanathan
2) S.K Mohanty
3) G C Chaturvedi
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) Sujit PrasadAnswer-5) Sujit Prasad
SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) has constituted Municipal Bonds Development Committee headed by Shri Sujit Prasad, Executive Director, SEBI in order to get recommendations on policy matters pertaining to development of municipal debt securities market. The members of the committee include representatives from ministry, Municipal Corporation, lawyers, professionals and market practitioners.
- According to International Institute for Strategic Studies’ (IISS) annual “Military Balance” report, what is India’s rank among World’s biggest defence spenders?
5) 7Answer-4) 5
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) annual “Military Balance” report states that global spending on defence hiked by 4% percent in 2019, showing largest growth in 10 years (2010-2019). The report showed top 15 countries, among them, the world’s biggest defence spenders are United States (US), China, Saudi Arabia, Russia and India.
Table Showing Defence Spending of Top 10 Countries in 2019
Rank Country Defence Spending (US$bn) 1 United States 684.6 2 China 181.1 3 Saudi Arabia 78.4 4 Russia 61.6 5 India 60.5 6 United Kingdom 54.8 7 France 52.3 8 Japan 48.6 9 Germany 48.5 10 South Korea 39.8
- Who is the No.1 T20 Internationals (T20I) batswoman as per latest International Council for Cricket’s (ICC) T20 internationals ranking 2020?
1) Smriti Mandhana
2) Suzie Bates
3) Sophie Devine
4) Jemimah Rodriques
5) Ellyse PerryAnswer-2) Suzie Bates
Batting ranking: New Zealand batsman Suzannah Wilson “Suzie” Bates is at the first place with a rating of 765.
Bowling: In the bowling rankings, Australia’s Megan Scutt ranks first & India’s Poonam Yadav slipped six places to drop out of the top 10 and now remains in the 12th position.
Here’s the list of top3 & Indian players in ICC T20 ranking 2020:
Rank Batting Bowling All-rounder 1 Suzannah Wilson “Suzie” Bates (New Zealand ) Megan Schutt (Australia) Ellyse Alexandra Perry (Australia)
Sophie Frances Monique Devine (New Zealand )
2 Sophie Frances Monique Devine (New Zealand ) Shabnim Ismail (South Africa) – 3 Bethany Louise Mooney (Australia) Sophie Ecclestone (England) Natalie sciver (England) Rank of Indian players Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana-4th
Radha Prakash Yadav-4th
Deepti Bhagwan Sharma-4th
- Sonam Sherpa the founder of Parikrama, who passed away recently is a ________?
1) Fashion Designer
5) PoliticianAnswer-2) Guitarist
Sonam Sherpa, founding member & lead-guitarist of music band Parikrama, passed away at the age of 48 in Kurseong, West Bengal due to cardiac arrest. He was born on 8th October 1971 in Kalimpong, West Bengal.
- World Pangolin Day 2020 was observed on ______?
1) February 12
2) February 13
3) February 14
4) February 15
5) February 16Answer-4) February 15
World Pangolin Day will be observed every year on 3rd Saturday in february month to raise awareness & to protect these unique species from extinction. The 9th World Pangolin day was observed on february 15, 2020.
- Which Indian State’s forest department & Wildlife Conservation Trust (WCT) has radio tagged Indian Pangolin for the first time inorder to know its ecology and to develop conservation plan?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh (MP) forest department & Wildlife Conservation Trust (WCT) has radio-tagged an Indian Pangolin (Manis crassicaudata) for the first time in order to know its ecology and develop an effective conservation plan.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) located at? Answer-Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who is the Head of 15th Finance commission? Answer-Nand Kishore (NK) Singh
- What is India’s organic food business expected goal by 2025? Answer-Rs. 75,000 Crores
- Where is the Headquarters of Global System for Mobile Operation (GSM) Association located at? Answer-London, United Kingdom
- Who is the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)? Answer-Ajay Tyagi
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]