Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 11 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- Who has been named as the next Chairman of Security Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to succeed UK Sinha from March 1, 2017?
Answer – B.Ajay Tyagi
According to a government notification on February 10, 2017, senior IAS officer Ajay Tyagi has been selected to take over as the next Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI). He will replace incumbent Chief UK Sinha who retires on March 1, 2017. Tyagi, a 1984-batch IAS officer of the Himachal Pradesh cadre is currently serving as an additional secretary (investments) in the Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance. Tyagi will be the 9th SEBI chairman.
- The Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile successfully test fired by India on February 11, 2017 is capable to destroy enemy missile in endo-atmospheric region at an altitude of less than ______ kilometers.
Answer – D.30 kilometers
India successfully test-fired its Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile from launching complex-IV of Dhamara Abdul Kalam defence base off Odisha coast on February 11, 2017 under its Ballistic Missile Defence Programme. The successful testing leads India towards achieving a robust two layered Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) system. It will strengthen India’s position in the exclusive club of US, Russia and Israel. The Advanced Air Defence interceptor named as Ashwin has the capability to destroy the incoming enemy missile in the endo-atmospheric region at a low altitude of less than 30 kilometres.
- When is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science observed?
Answer – C.February 11
The International Day of Women and Girls in Science was observed on February 11, 2017 to recognize the achievements of women in science and inspire and engage women and girls in science. The theme of 2017 International Day of Women and Girls in Science is “Gender, Science and Sustainable Development: The Impact of Media”. The main idea is to stress the role that media plays in empowering women and achieving gender equality.
- Which state has planned to raise Wild life sanctuary so as to promote the growth of Muga Cocoon?
Answer – B.Assam
The state government of Assam has decided to set up a Wild Sanctuary to grow Muga cocoon in an effort to give more exposure to Muga, Eri and Silk Products. The programme have been launched under the Assam Silk Outreach Mission to promote products made of Muga, silk and Eri. The government would plant about 25 lakh trees to get the Eri and Muga cocoons.
- India’s first Jet Engine Series is being indigenously developed by Poeir Jets Pvt Ltd in which of the following cities?
Answer – B.Bangalore
India’s first Metal 3D printing provider Intech DMLS Limited has launched the country’s first indigenously developed Jet Engine Series under the brand name Poeir Jets. Poeir Jets Pvt Ltd, an R&D subsidiary of Intech DMLS, has unveiled the first series of Jet engines for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) & Remote Controlled (R/C) Aircraft. The engine MJE 20 is indigenously designed & manufactured with a thrust of 20 Kgf. It is currently undergoing testing at the company’s Bangalore facility. Another Jet engine SJE-350 with a thrust of 350kgf, designed for strategic applications is currently being manufactured.
- Who has been recently appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar?
Answer – A.Subir Dutta
Subir Dutta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar. Dutta is currenty working in the Embassy of India, Vientiane
- Which Indian airport has been honored with the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) Chairman’s Order of Merit on February 8, 2017 at the CAPA 12 Annual India Aviation Summit ?
A.Indira Gandhi International Airport
B.GMR Hyderabad International Airport
C.Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
D.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
Answer – B.GMR Hyderabad International Airport
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL), which operates Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, has been honored with the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) Chairman’s Order of Merit for its focus on environmental sustainability. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport was also awarded for becoming the first airport in Asia Pacific to become carbon neutral. GHIAL received the award during the CAPA 12 Annual India Aviation Summit held in Mumbai on February 8, 2017.
- Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik created a Guinness World Record on February 10, 2017 by building the World’s tallest Sand Castle. What is the height of the castle?
Answer – C.14.84 Metre
Famous Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik created a Guinness World Record on February 10, 2017 by building World’s tallest Sand Castle at the Puri beach in Puri. The castle is 48 feet and 8 inches (14.84 metre) in height. The sand sculpture was built with theme of World Peace. 39-year old Sudarsan broke the previous such record held by American sand artist Ted Siebert who had built a 13.97 metre high (45 feet and 10 inch) sand castle at Miami beach in USA in 2015.
- According to data by Central Statistics Office, post demonetization, the Industrial Production of India declined by __________ percent in December 2016 as compared to 2015.
Answer – B.0.4 Percent
As per the data released by the Central Statistics Office, the India’s Industrial Output contracted by 0.4 Percent in December 2016 as compared to previous year due to demonetization. In November 2016, the index of industrial production (IIP) grew 5.7% recording a 13-month high growth as against a contraction of 1.8% in the previous month.
- The Hindustan Motors have signed a deal with French firm Peugeot to sell its car brand “Ambassador” for Rs.________?
A.Rs. 80 crore
B.Rs. 110 crore
C.Rs. 70 crore
D.Rs. 90 crore
Answer – A.Rs. 80 crore
C K Birla Group-owned Hindustan Motors have signed a deal with French carmaker Peugeot SA Group on February 10, 2017 to sell its iconic Indian car brand “Ambassador” to Peugeot for Rs. 80 crore. The production of Hindustan Ambassador car was discontinued in 2014 as sales dropped continuously and it could not keep up with the new generation of cars in the Indian market. Kolkata based Hindustan Motors would sell the car brand as well as the trademarks and use the proceeds to clear the dues of the employees and lenders.
- To give a boost to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector in the diamond industry which bank has decided to launch a supply chain financing product for small units at concessional rate?
A.Bank of Maharashtra
B.Union Bank of India
C.Punjab National Bank
D.Bank of Baroda
Answer – D.Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda is planning to launch a supply chain financing product for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in the diamond industry to boost their existence in the sector. The bank will begin the supply chain financing on pilot basis in Surat. Cutting and polishing units, which procure roughs from large companies and supply finished products back, will be provided finance at a competitive rate of interest.
- The five days multinational Aman-17 naval exercise is being held in which country from February 10, 2017 for joint resolve against terrorism and crimes in maritime domain?
Answer – D.Pakistan
The five days multinational Aman-17 naval exercise kicked off in Karachi, Pakistan on February 10, 2017 where 37 countries took part. The aim of this multi-national exercise is to display united resolve of the countries against terrorism and crimes in maritime domain. The exercise will also help in enhancing Pakistan Navy’s interoperability with regional and extra-regional navies. Aman-17 was inaugurated by Commander of the Pakistani naval fleet Vice Admiral Arifullah Hussaini.Theme: Together for peace.
- The Single Entrance Examination for admission in all engineering and architecture colleges for undergraduate courses will be effective from which year?
Answer – C.2018
The Ministry of Human Resource Development on February 10, 2017 said that from 2018 there would be a single entrance examination for admission in all engineering and architecture colleges for undergraduate courses.The aim is to make the admission process more transparent and put a stop on heavy capitation fee levied on students. At present, many states conduct their own engineering examination or admissions are done on the basis of Class 12 marks.
- The 2017 Hunar Haat has been organized in which city?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The second edition of the Hunar Haat was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) and Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on February 11, 2017 at State Emporia Complex, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place in New Delhi. The theme of the 2nd Hunar Haat is Craft Aur Cuisine Ka Sangam. The festival will take place from February 11-February 26, 2017. The exhibition is being organized by the Minority Affairs Ministry through National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- Who is the head of the committee formed by the government to recommend modalities for setting up of Defence Procurement Organization (DPO) to simply the defence acquisition process?
A.Dr.Mahadeo Prasad Jaiswal
B.Dr. Ganesan Kannabiran
C.Dr. Pritam Singh
D.Dr. G. Raghuram
Answer – Dr. Pritam Singh
The Union Government has planned to up a Defence Procurement Organisation (DPO) in a move to integrate and streamline the long and complex process of defence acquisitions. A government appointed committee has been made for this headed by former Director of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow, Dr. Pritam Singh. The organisation would be set up on the recommendation of Dr. Pritam who submitted a report on the modalities of setting up the DPO to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on February 9, 2017 and would be established in about 2-3 years. DPO will function under the Defence Ministry.
- A task force has been constituted by the government to check on the activities of the shell companies. Who among the given are the head of the task force?
A.Hasmukh Adhia and Tapan Ray
B.Vinay Sinha and Suresh Venapally
C.Shaktikanta Das and Rajiv Takru
D.Rajiv Mehrishi and Manish Kumar
Answer – A.Hasmukh Adhia and Tapan Ray
In an effort to pull out black money from shell companies, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has constituted a task force comprising members of various regulatory Ministries and enforcement agencies. Shell companies are those which do not conduct any operations and indulge in large scale money laundering and tax evasion in India. The task force would work under the co-chairmanship of the Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia and the Corporate Affairs Secretary Tapan Rayto monitor the actions taken by various agencies. The task force would review the functioning of shell companies to prevent their misuse for money laundering and tax-evasion.
- What is the theme of the AMAN-17 Naval Drill?
A.United We Stand
B.Together for Peace
C.Come Forward for Peace and Unity
D.Resolve to End Terrorism
Answer – B.Together for Peace
AMAN drills are held every alternate year since 2007 by the Pakistan Navy to demonstrate united resolve in the fight against terrorism and maritime threats. The theme for AMAN-17 is ‘together for peace”. It will provide a platform for the participating navies to polish their skill