Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- When is the International Anti-Corruption Day observed?
Answer – B.December 9
International Anti-Corruption Day was observed annually on 9th December since 2003 to raise public awareness of corruption and what people can do to fight it. The 2016 celebration focuses on corruption as one of the biggest impediments to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- On December 8, 2016, Union Finance Minister announced several incentive programmes to promote cashless economy. Which among the following statement is true regarding the incentive measures?
i.Consumers will get a discount of 0.50 % to make digital payment while buying petrol and.
ii.Online Railway Ticketbooking will attract free accident insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh.
iii.Online purchase of new insurance policy of PSUs will deliver 10% discount on General Insurance and 8% discount on life Insurance policies
B.Only i & ii
C.Only ii & iii
Answer – C.Only ii & iii
A discount of 0.5 percent will be given to them who will buy monthly seasonal tickets in the Suburban railway networks through digital payment mode. Booking Railway Ticket through online mode will enable the passenger to get free accident insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh. Online purchase of new insurance policy of PSUs will deliver 10 percent discount on General Insurance and 8 percent discount on life Insurance policies.
- Where was the India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business inaugurated which began on December 8, 2016 ?
Answer – C.New Delhi
Two days meet of The India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business began at New Delhi on 8 December 2016. The conference was jointly inaugurated by Shri Ramesh Abhishek(Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) , Sir Dominic Asquith(British High Commissioner).
- Uttarakhand High Court on December 8, 2016 has directed the state government to impose complete ban on liquor in which districts of the state from next financial year to raise the level of nutrition and the standard of living in the society?
A.Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Almora
B.Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag, Chamoli
C.Uttarkashi, Dehradun, Rudrapur
D.Rudraprayag, Almora, Nainital
Answer – B.Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag, Chamoli
To raise the level of nutrition and the standard of living in the society, Uttarakhand High Court on December 8, 2016 directed the State Government to impose complete ban on liquor in three districts namely, Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag, Chamoli, where Chardham is located, from next financial year.
- Which autonomous body on December 7, 2016 has directed to impose a ban on the use of newspapers for wrapping or packing of food item, as the newspaper ink can contaminate food items leading to serious health concerns?
A.World Health Organisation (WHO)
B.Department of Food and Public Distribution
C.Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
D.Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
Answer – C.Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on December 7, 2016 announced its decision to ban the use of newspapers for wrapping or packing of food items. Printing inks used in newspaper contains bioactive materials, harmful colors and other hazardous items that may affect the health of common people.
- What is the rank of India in the Global Terrorism Index (GTI),2016?
Answer – A.7
According to the Global Terrorism Index (GTI), 2016,released by a Sydney-based think-tank, Institute for Economics & Peace, India has been ranked 7th among top 10 countries which were most impacted by terrorism in 2015.The 2016 index features top 50 countries ranked by the global terrorism index.
- Which country has emerged top most in the Global Terrorism Index (GTI),2016, for being the worst country to be impacted by terrorism in 2015?
Answer – B.Iraq
The index was topped by Iraq as the worst hit country by terror in 2015. Among 2415 incidents of terrorist attack in 2015, it experienced 6,960 deaths and 11,900 injuries.
- Which has bagged a contract from Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) to convert the Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium of Gujarat into world’s biggest cricket stadium in terms of seating capacity?
D.Larsen & Turbo (L&T)
Answer – D.Larsen & Turbo (L&T)
Larsen & Turbo (L&T) has bagged a contract from Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) to make Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium of Gujarat the world’s biggest cricket stadium in terms of seating capacity.
- How much amount will be spent by NABARD for deployment of Point of Sales (PoS) devices in one lakh Indian villages having a population of up to 10,000 to promote digital transaction in rural area.
A.Rs. 225 Crore
B.Rs. 120 Crore
C.Rs. 108 Crore
D.Rs. 95 Crore
Answer – B.Rs. 120 Crore
To encourage rural India to move towards cashless payment systems, Nabard will grant a support of Rs. 120 Crore to banks for deployment of two Point of Sales (PoS) devices per village in one lakh villages having a population of up to 10,000.
- Who has been appointed as the new director of National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) replacing Rajeev Lochan?
Answer – C.Adwaita Gadanayak
Odisha-based acclaimed sculptor Adwaita Gadanayak has been appointed as the new director of National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA). He will replace Rajeev Lochan. Prior o this, Adwaita is working as the director of the Bhubaneshwar-based KIIT School of Fine Art.
- Who has been appointed as Non-Executive Chairperson of Mumbai based IDFC Bank with effect from December 9, 2016 up to July 26, 2018?
Answer – D.Veena Mankar
Veena Mankar was appointed as Non-Executive Chairperson of Mumbai based IDFC Bank with effect from December 9, 2016 up to July 26, 2018. She replaced Anil Baijal who is retired from the board on December 8, 2016.
- Name the Android App launched by the Indian Army on December 6, 2016, dedicated to the Army Veterans & Veer Naris.
A.Veer Outreach App
B.Veterans Reachout App
C.Veterans Outreach App
D.Veterans Outroute App
Answer – C.Veterans Outreach App
General Dalbir Singh, Chief of the Army Staff, launched a mobile app called “Veterans Outreach App” on December 6, 2016, at Manekshaw Centre, to connect with all Army veterans, and create an interactive mechanism. Objective: to provide certain specific facilities to Army Veterans & Veer Naris on their android based mobiles.
- Name the TV Channel launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY),on December 9, 2016 to educate and digitally empower millions of Indians in rural areas about cashless transactions.
Answer – B.DigiShala
Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Ravi Shankar Prasad, launched a TV channel named ‘DigiShala’ on December 9, 2016 to promote cashless transaction in rural areas. DigiShala will digitally empower millions of Indians in rural areas especially farmers, students, Dalits and women and educate them about how to do digital transactions.
- Which University’s Researchers have recently discovered the presence ofhot atomic hydrogen (H) atomsin the second-highest layer of Earth’s atmosphere known as thermosphere?
A.Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, Germany
B.Harvard University,United States
C.University of California, Los Angeles
D.University of Illinois, US
Answer – D.University of Illinois, US
Researchers from University of Illinois, US have discovered the presence of hot atomic hydrogen (H) atoms in the second-highest layer of Earth’s atmosphere known as thermosphere.
- Who has won the 2016 IBSF World Billiards Long Up title on 8 December 2016?
Answer – A.Peter Gilchrist
Peter Gilchrist of Singapore defeated Sourav Kothari to win the 2016 IBSF World Billiards Long Up title on 8 December 2016. The event was held at Bengaluru, IndiA.Peter defeated Sourav by 883 points with score of 1500-617.
- Name South African swimmer who broke his own world record in the men’s 100m butterfly final of FINA short course world swimming championships held at Windsor, Ontario on December 8, 2016.
A.Chad le Clos
Answer – A.Chad le Clos
South African swimmer Chad le Clos broke his own world record in the men’s 100m butterfly final of FINA short course world swimming championships held at Windsor, Ontario. His new record timing is 48.08 seconds to complete the 100m butterfly race. He beat his earlier best of 48.44 seconds which he set at the 2014 world championships in Doha.
- Name the legendary American astronaut and senator, first to orbit the Earth, who passed away on December 8, 2016 at the age of 95.
D.Stephen M. Young
Answer – B.John Glenn
Famous American astronaut John Glenn, who became the first American to orbit the Earth, passed away on December 8, 2016 at the age of 95. Glenn was hospitalized at the James Cancer Center at Ohio State University suffering from illness.
- What is the Theme of the 2016 International Anti-Corruption Day?
A.Be Honest And Fight Corruption
B.Corruption: Eating Away From The Inside Out.
C.Break the Corruption chain
D.United against corruption for development, peace and security
Answer – D.United against corruption for development, peace and security
International Anti-Corruption Day was observed annually on 9th December since 2003 to raise public awareness of corruption and what people can do to fight it. 2016 Theme: United against corruption for development, peace and security.
- The Samata Express Train which has been renamed as Vizag Steel Samta to promote brand Vizag Steel runs between which stations?
A.Bangalore City and New Delhi
B.Visakhapatnam and Mathrua
C.Visakhapatnam and Hazrat Nizamuddin
D.Secunderabad Jn and Lokmanyatilak T
Answer – C.Visakhapatnam and Hazrat Nizamuddin
The Hazrat Nizamuddin-Visakhapatnam train is renamed as Vizag Steel Samta Express to promote its brand Vizag Steel which was flagged off at Nizamuddin station by Mr. Prabhu and Mr. Singh in the presence of RINL Chairman-cum-Managing Director P. Madhusudan. The Samata Express or Samta Express is a Super Fast Express train plying between Visakhapatnamand Hazrat Nizamuddin near New Delhi
- Name the special train inaugurated on December 9, 2016,from Kurukshetra Railway Station,as a part of Gita Mahotsav, which will ply between Kurukshetra and Mathura.
Answer – A.Gita Jayanti
Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar flagged off a special train, ‘Gita Jayanti’ train from Kurukshetra Railway Station as a part of Gita Mahotsav which is being held in the state. The is scheduled to run five days in week except Saturday and Sunday between Kurukshetra and Mathura.
- Which Country finalized the “major defence partner” status to India on December 8, 2016, to encourage cooperation and share high-end defence technology with India?
Answer – C.US
US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter along with Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar finalised the “Major Defence Partner” status to IndiA.The Major Defence Partner status will allow India to buy more advanced and sensitive technologies from the U.S.