Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which High Court on December 7, 2016, declared Triple Talaq as “unconstitutional” and against the rights of Muslim Women?
A.Delhi High Court
B.Allahabad High Court
C.Patna High Court
D.Mumbai High Court
Answer – B.Allahabad High Court
The Allahabad high court on December 7, 2016, passed an order, over the Islamic practice of divorcing a woman by saying the word ‘talaq’ three successive times, that it is completely “unconstitutional” and violates the rights of Muslim Women.
- Name the mission launched by Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan in Thiruvananthapuram on December 8, 2016 to ensure removal of waste from all water bodies in the state and increase land area under cultivation.
A.Haritha Keralam Mission
B.Nava Keralam Mission
Answer – A.Haritha Keralam Mission
Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched Haritha Keralam Mission in Thiruvananthapuram on December 8, 2016 to clear and remove waste from all the water bodies in the state, ensure disposal of solid waste and removal of waste water and measures to increase the area of land under cultivation
- Which state has become 18th state to join UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana), a central scheme for revival of debt stressed power distribution companies, availing a net benefit of about Rs 823 crore?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Virbhadra Singh lead Himachal Pradesh government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of India for operational and financial turnaround of the DISCOM under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY). HP has become the 18th state to join UDAY, a central scheme for revival of debt stressed power distribution companies, availing a net benefit of about Rs 823 crore.
- Name the first hospital train which was installed with two new coaches on December 8, 2016 for the treatment of cancer and other family health services.
Answer – B.Lifeline Express
The Lifeline Express, world’s first hospital train was equipped with two new coaches in addition to the existing five on December 8, 2016.The new coaches were inaugurated by the Union health minister JP Nadda and railways minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Which two banks of Abu Dhabi on December 7, 2016, approved to merge into the biggest bank of all Gulf Countries with an asset of $ 178 billion ?
A.Dubai Islamic Bank and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank.
B.Bank of Abu Dhabi and Dubai Islamic Bank.
C.Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank and First Gulf Bank.
D.Bank of Abu Dhabi and First Gulf Bank.
Answer – D.National Bank of Abu Dhabi and First Gulf Bank
Stockholders of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi and First Gulf Bank on December 7, 2016, approved to merge into the biggest bank of all Gulf Countries with an asset of $ 178 billion. After the merger the combined company will be named as NBAD.
- Ride hailing service, Uber, has tied pact with which online insurance providing portal on December 8, 2016 to facilitate car insurance solutions for the Uber’s driver partners?
Answer – C.Coverfox.com
An online insurance broking portal Coverfox.com has inked an partnership with Uber in India to facilitate car insurance solutions for the latter’s driver partners on December 8, 2016.
- Which country recently lifted an Undeclared Ban on Import of Ginned Cotton from India?
Answer – A.Pakistan
Pakistan has removed an “undeclared” ban on import of ginned cotton from India.Earlier from November 23, The Department of Plant Protection (DPP) of the Ministry of National Food Security and Research had banned the cotton imports from India through Wagah and Karachi port as the shipments did not fulfil phyto- sanitary conditions.
- Central Government has decided to set up a center of Excellence in which field at the Al-Azhar University of Egypt to enhance cooperation in education sector between India and Egypt?
Answer – B.Information Technology
In order to enhance cooperation in education sector between India and Egypt, Center has decided to set up a center of Excellence in Information Technology at the Al-Azhar University which is the oldest and most prestigiousUniversity of Egypt.
- Who has been named as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2016 on December 7, 2016?
Answer – C.Donald Trump
US President elect Donald Trump was chosen as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2016 on December 7, 2016, for his outstanding victory in the US election. According to the Time magazine’s editors, the Republican president-elect had more global impact, “for better or worse,” than any other individual across the past 12 months
- Which Company has been named as the Company of The Year by Fortune magazine in its annual Blue Ribbon ranking 2016 ?
Answer – A.Alphabet
Google parent Company, Alphabet has been named as the Company of The Year by Fortune magazine in its annual Blue Ribbon ranking. Alphabet has topped the Blue Ribbon List by appearing on 5 of these lists. Fortune 500: 36, Global 500: 94, Best Companies to Work For: 100, Businessperson of the Year: 100, World’s Most Admired Companies.
- Which Company has been awarded the ‘CII National Quality 2016 Award’?
A.Tractors & Farm Equipment Ltd
B.Nicco Parks & Resorts Ltd.
C.Bharat Earth Movers Limited Ltd
Answer – C.Bharat Earth Movers Limited Ltd (BEML)
Bharat Earth Movers Limited Ltd (BEML) Ltd has been awarded the ‘CII National Quality 2016 Award’ for practicing various EFQM Models (European Foundation for Quality Management). The award was received by Deepak Kumar Hota, Chairman & Managing Director, BEML, at a function held at Bengaluru.
- Who has been ranked as the highest-paid athlete of all times in the history of sports by Forbes?
Answer – C.Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan, former basketball player, has been named as the highest-paid athlete of all times by Forbes, with $1.7 billion total wealth. His overall salary over the 15 seasons was counted to be $93 million Jordan was paid about $100 million from Nike for endorsing the Jordan brand in 2016.
- Who has been appointed as the non-executive Chairman and Independent Director of Vistaar Financial Services on December 8, 2016?
A.U K Sinha
C.H K Bhanwala
D.C B Bhave
Answer – D.C B Bhave
Former Sebi chairman C B Bhave was appointed as non-executive Chairman and Independent Director of Vistaar Financial Services on December 8, 2016
- Which hockey player has been appointed as the new Goalkeeping Mentor of the India Under-21 Hockey Team from December 8, 2016?
B.Gagan Ajit Singh
D.S K Uthappa
Answer – A.PR Sreejesh
Captain of the senior National Men’s Hockey Team and one of the finest hockey goal-keeper in the world, PR Sreejesh has been roped in as the Goalkeeping Mentor of the India Under-21 Hockey Team from December 8, 2016.
- The Plastic Free Day observed by the Kochi Corporation as a part of the Haritha Keralam Mission on which date ?
Answer – D.December 8
Plastic Free Day is observed on December 8, 2016 by the Kochi Corporation as a part of the Haritha Keralam Mission. Objective: Cleanliness and water conservation
- India on December 7, 2016, has approved MoU with which country for Cooperation in the area of Information Technology?
Answer – A.Vietnam
The Union Cabinet on December 7, 2016, approved MoU between India and Vietnam on Cooperation in the field of IT. Aim: to develop a long-term sustainable cooperation in the areas of IT between the two countries following each country’s laws and regulations.
- Government of India on December 7, 2016, approved MoU signed with which country for cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space.
Answer – C.Afghanistan
The Union Cabinet on December 7, 2016, approved the MoU between India and Afghanistan on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space. Aim: cooperation between the two countries for application of space technologies in education, agriculture, weather forecasting, telecommunications, rural health, sanitation, urban development, resource mapping navigation, remote sensing etc.
- On December 7, 2016, India approved the MoU signed with which country to support Ease of Doing Business in India ?
Answer – A.UK
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on December 7, 2016, approved the MoU signed between India and United Kingdom (UK) in area of Ease of Doing Business in IndiA.The MoU allows exchange of officials from both the countries to share best practises, offer technical assistance and enhanced implementation of reforms.
- Name the scheme announced by Government of India on December 8, 2016, to assist and raise quality levels in the unregulated MSME Sector
A.National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme
B.Zero Effect Zero Defect (ZED)
C.Coir Udyami Yojana
D.Performance & Credit Rating Scheme
Answer – B.Zero Effect Zero Defect (ZED)
Government on December 8, 2016, announced the Zero Effect Zero Defect (ZED) certification scheme which will guide and assist MSMEs across the country in Make in India sectors through quality control cells and rate them after carrying out assessment of their products. Aim: to raise quality levels in the unregulated MSME sector.
- Researchers of which Institute have recently made a new discovery regarding the superconductivity of semi-metal bismuth, which challenges the conventional theory of superconductivity?
A.Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
B.Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
C.Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
D.Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
Answer – D.Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
A team of researchers at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, have discovered that bismuth semi-metal in bulk form becomes a superconductor when the temperature is lowered to 530 microKelvin (about -273 degree C). With this discovery, the researcher’s team, lead by Dr. S. Ramakrishnan of the Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences at TIFR have challenged the conventional understanding of superconductivity.
- To conduct fair, peaceful and inclusive elections, the Election Commission of India has organized a training program for SAARC Countries from December 5 to December 15 which is being held in which place?
Answer – A.New Delhi
A training program has been organized by Election Commission of India on Election Management of SAARC Countries, at the India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM), New Delhi, under the sponsorship of Union Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Aim: to conduct free, fair, peaceful and inclusive elections in the country. The training program started on December 5, 2016 and will continue till December 15, 2016.