Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How many MoUs were signed at the 12th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition, PETROTECH-2016 that was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from December 4 to 7, 2016?
Answer – B.11
PETROTECH-2016, the 12th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from December 4 to 7, 2016. Theme of the conference: “Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices & Challenges”. The conclusion of the Petrotech-2016 on December 7, 2016, was marked by signing 11 MoUs for different purpose.
- Name the mobile App launched by Chandrababu Naidu in Vijayawada on December 6, 2016 to promote digital transaction among people.
Answer – C.AP Purse
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched AP Purse mobile app in Vijayawada on December 6, 2016 to promote digital transaction among people. The application has 13 mobile banking and 10 mobile wallet options. The application can be used to pay bills and carry out cashless transactions.
- India on December 7, 2016, pledged to contribute how much amount to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) ?
A.USD 1.50 million
B.USD 2.00 million
C.USD 1.75 million
D.USD 1.25 million
Answer – D.USD 1.25 million
India on December 7, 2016, has pledged to contribute USD 1.25 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Hindi has emerged as the 10th most powerful language on the planet according to the World Economic Forum’s Power Language Index Ranking. Which language has been ranked as the most powerful?
Answer – A.English
Hindi language has been listed at the 10th position in the Power Language Index Ranking by The World Economic Forum (WEF). The list is topped by English which was placed at the 1st position followed by Mandarin at 2nd position followed by French.
- According to the fifth bi-monthly monetary policy statement of 2016-2017 announced by the RBI Governor Urjit Patel on December 7, 2016, what is the current Repo Rate ?
Answer – B.6.25%
The RBI Governor Urjit Patel led six-member MonetaryPolicy Committee (MPC) on December 7, 2016, announced the fifth bi-monthly monetary policy statement of 2016-2017. Repo rate remained unchanged at 6.25%. Reverse Repo at 5.75%. Cash reserve ratio unchanged at 4%.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has on December 7, 2016, relaxed the 2 Factor Authentication norms for online transactions up to Rs. __________ to boost small value online transactions and promote government’s digital payment program.
Answer – B.Rs. 2000
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed the 2 Factor Authentication (AFA) norms on December 7, 2016, for online transactions up to Rs. 2,000 to save time transaction time of customers and also promote government’s digital payment program.
- Which Indian E-Commerce website has launched it’s Toll-Free number on December 7, 2016, to enable the users make transaction through mobile phones even without an internet connection ?
Answer – D.Paytm
Indian e-commerce website Paytm launched it’s toll-free number 180018001234 to enable transaction through mobile phones without an internet connection on December 7, 2016. Customers can use basic mobile phones to transact money using this service, before that they need to register with Paytm their mobile number and set a four digit paytm PIN.
- According to a statement by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), 100 banks have joined the NFS network as direct members on December 7, 2016. What is NFS?
A.National Financial Switch
B.National Fund Switch
C.National Financial System
D.National Fund System
Answer – A.National Financial Switch
100 banks have joined the National Financial Switch (NFS) network as direct members established ATM networks, now NFS network comprise of 745 members said by Maharashtra based National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on December 7, 2016.The network has established 2,30,000 ATMs till date.
- The Women and Child Development Ministry has tied up with ________ and ___________ to offer wider payment option to buyers to buy products from “Mahila E-haat”.
A.Punjab National Bank and State Bank of India
B.India Post and State Bank of India
C.ICICI Bank and Punjab National bank
D.India Post and Yes Bank
Answer – B.India Post and State Bank of India
The Women and Child Development Ministry has tied up with India Post and State Bank of India to offer more payment options to buyers and simplify shipping of products bought from “Mahila E-haat”.
- India International Exchange, INDIAINx, which is being set up on January 9 during Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit-2017, by the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has collaborated with which exchange to reach out to global traders ?
A.Shanghai Gold Exchange
B.Iran Mercantile Exchange
C.Dubai Gold and Commodity Exchange
D.Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange
Answer – C.Dubai Gold and Commodity Exchange
India International Exchange, being set up by the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), has worked out a collaboration with Dubai Gold and Commodity Exchange to reach out to global traders. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate BSE’s India International Exchange (INDIAINx) at GIFT-City near Gandhinagar on January 9 on the occasion of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit-2017.
- Which bank has won the ‘Best Bank for SME Lending award’ by ASSOCHAM at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi ?
Answer – C.Vijaya Bank
Vijaya Bank has been honored with ‘Best Bank for SME Lending award’ at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi. The award was received by the Vijaya Bank Managing Director & CEO of the bank, Kishore Sansi
- Which bank has won the The Best MSME Bank Award 2016 by ASSOCHAM at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi ?
Answer – A.Corporation Bank
The Best MSME Bank Award 2016 was given to The Corporation Bank by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi. Managing Director and CEO of Corporation Bank , Jai Kumar Garg from the Minister of State for MSME Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary received the award.
- Who is the winner of the UK Turner prize 2016 ?
Answer – D.Helen Marten
31 year old UK artist Helen Marten was named as the winner of the 2016 Turner prize. He received award with £25,000 prize by the writer Ben Okri at a ceremony at London’s Tate Britain gallery
- Who has been named as the 44th Chief Justice of India succeeding Chief Justice TS Thakur who will retire on January 3, 2017?
A.Justice Madan Lokur
B.Justice Anil R Dave
C.Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
D.Justice Ranjan Gogoi
Answer – C.Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar has been recommended as the 44th Chief Justice of India (CJI) and shall succeed Chief Justice TS Thakur who will retire on January 3, 2017. 64 years old Justice Khehar will be sworn in as CJI by the President Pranab Mukherjeeon January 4, 2017 and will hold the tenure for over seven months till August 27, 2017.
- Who has been chosen as the new French Prime Minister replacing Manuel Valls who announced his resignation on December 6, 2016?
C.Bruno Le Roux
Answer – B.Bernard Cazeneuve
The French president, François Hollande, has named Bernard Cazeneuve as the new prime minister of France until a presidential election next May. Cazeneuve, who was interior minister, will replace Manuel Valls, who resigned on December 6, 2016, in a bid to become France’s next president.
- Name the remote sensing satellite launched by ISRO on December 7, 2016 on PSLV-C36 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
Answer – B.RESOURCESAT-2A
The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched the Remote Sensing Satellite, Resourcesat-2A on December 7, 2016 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. A Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C36, in its 38th flight, successfully launched the 1235 kg RESOURCESAT-2A Satellite from the first launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, situated around 100km from Chennai, at 10.25am.
- Which Spain international footballer has announced his retirement due to health problems on December 7, 2016?
D.Alvaro Dominguez Soto
Answer – D.Alvaro Dominguez Soto
Former Spain international footballer Alvaro Dominguez Soto announced his retirement due to health problems on December 7, 2016. 27 year old Dominguez has started his career in 2007. He played mainly a central defender but also as a left back.
- Which country won the women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 held in Santiago, Chile?
Answer – B.Argentina
Argentina women’s hockey team defeated Netherlands women’s team to win the women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 in Santiago, Chile.
- Name the renowned journalist and former BJP Rajya Sabha member who passed away on December 7, 2016 in Chennai at 82.
Answer – A.Cho Ramaswamy
Journalist, political analyst and comedian Cho Ramaswamy passed away on December 7, 2016 in Chennai. He was 82.
- When is the International Civil Aviation Day observed?
Answer – B.December 7
Every year 7th December was celebrated as the International Civil Aviation Day since 1994 to promote safety, efficiency of air transport. 2016 Theme: “Working together to ensure no country is left behind”.
- Name the US National Football Player and Heisman Trophy Winner who died in Colorado, US on December 6, 2016 at the age of 47?
Answer – C.Rashaan Salaam
US National Football Player Rashaan Salaam found dead in Colorado, US on December 6, 2016. He was 42. Salaam has won the U.S. college football’s highest honor Heisman Trophy in 1994.