Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The International Gita Mahotsav which is beganfrom December 6 to December 10 to spread the message of Gita to the world community has been organized in which Indian city?
B.Kolkata, West Bengal
D.Amritsar, PunjabAnswer – A. Kurukshetra, Haryana
President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurate the first ever International Gita Mahotsav at The Brahma Sarovar in Kurukshetra, Haryana on December 6, 2016. The festival which is scheduled to be held from December 6 to December 10 will focus on spreading the message of Gita to the world community.
- Which state government has approved the implementation of Rs 50-crore National Hydrology Project in the state for easy access to water resource information with 100% assistance from the central government?
D.Jammu & KashmirAnswer – C. Haryana
Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar has given administrative approval for implementation of the Rs 50-crore National Hydrology Project to be set up in the state with 100 per cent assistance from the Centre. The project aimed at improving the extent, quality and accessibility of information about water resources, and strengthening the capacity of water resource management institutions in the country.
- The Railway Ministry has come up with a decision, to mandate Aadhaar-based ticketing system for senior citizens, that will be effective from which date?
A.January 30, 2017
B.February 1, 2017
C.March 31, 2017
D.April 1, 2017Answer – D. April 1, 2017
Railway Ministry has come up with a decison to implement Aadhaar-based ticketing system for senior citizens.From January 1 to March 31, 2017, requirement of Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens will be on a voluntary basis. From April 1, 2017, reservation of rail tickets for senior citizens will be directly linked to Aadhaar or Unique Identification (UID) cards on a mandatory basis for availing concessions at both counter and e-tickets.
- Which State has banned using Arms at wedding functions for celebratory firing under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code?
D.BiharAnswer – B. Haryana
The Haryana government made an official announcement on December 5, 2016 to ban carrying of arms at wedding functions. The ban was imposed under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code and as per an official release firing in the air is also an offence, which is punishable by six months’ imprisonment.The ban was announced after several incidents of celebratory firing were reported, including the death of an orchestra dancer in Bhatinda.
- What is the name of 12 day annual bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy of UK, that will be conducted in two phase at Mumbai and Goa between December 5 to December 16?
D.UKINDA 16Answer – C. KONKAN 16
The 12 day annual bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy KONKAN 16 began on December 5, 2016 at Mumbai. The exercise will be conducted in two phases at Mumbai and Goa.
Phase 1: 05 – 09 Dec 16 at Mumbai. Phase 2:12 – 16 Dec 16 at Goa
- The Reserve Bank of India, on December 1, 2016, authorised the Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL), to launch trade receivables exchange platform, TReDS, to enable MSMEs, buyers and financiers to auction their trade receivables at competitive market rates. What is TReDS?
A.Trading Receivables Discount Service
B.Trade Receivables Discounting Systems
C.Trade Receivables Discount System
D.Trade Receivables Driven SchemeAnswer – B. Trade Receivables Discounting Systems
The Reserve Bank of India, on December 1, 2016, authorised the Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL) to launch the country’s first trade receivables exchange platform, TReDS, for MSMEs, buyers and financiers.The trade receivables discounting systems (TReDS), an automated system driven platform is expected to benefit MSMEs by facilitating them to auction their trade receivables at competitive market rates through transparent bidding process on the platform by multiple financiers.
- HDFC life insurance provider has recently launched two micro-insurance schemes to provide financial security to its customers at a nominal cost in the event of unfortunate death. Which among the following statement is False regarding the scheme?
A.Schemes launched are Jeevan Suraksha and Credit Suraksha
B.Jeevan Suraksha will provides insurance cover of maximum 2.5 lakhs against untimely death.
C.Credit Suraksha will provides insurance protection against outstanding loan liability up to Rs 2 lakhs in the event of untimely demise.
D.Credit Suraksha will provides 5% discount on premium of the younger life assured.Answer – B. Jeevan Suraksha will provides insurance cover of maximum 2.5 lakhs against untimely death.
Life insurance provider HDFC Life has launched two micro-insurance scheme
1.Jeevan Suraksha: It will provides insurance cover maximum 2 lakhs against untimely death. 3 premium payment options – Yearly renewable, Single pay & Regular pay.
2.Credit Suraksha: It will provides insurance protection against outstanding loan liability up to Rs 2 lakhs in the event of untimely demise of the insured member.
5% discount on premium of the younger life assured.
- According to the 2016 Empathy Global Index lists which Indian company has been listed at top in the Least Empathetic Companies list?
B.Larsen & Toubro
D.Bharat PetroleumAnswer – D. Bharat Petroleum
The latest 2016 Empathy Global Index lists nine Indian companies at the bottom 10 among 170 companies of the world. Bharat Petroleum is placed at the top of the in the Least Empathetic Companies list. Sun Pharma and ICICI Bank is at 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.
- Central Government on December 4, 2016 has further extended the Minimum Import Price (MIP)on 19 steel products till which date?
A.February 4, 2017
B.March 31, 2017
C.February 28, 2017
D.April 4, 2017Answer – A. February 4, 2017
To protect Domestic Steel Industry from cheaper imports, the government on December 4, 2016 extended the Minimum Import Price (MIP) on 19 products further for two months, till February 4, 2017. The MIP ranges between USD $643-$752 per tonne. The 19 products include semi-finished products of iron or non-alloyed steel, flat-rolled products of different widths, bars and rods.
- Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansalwho have been chosen for the2016 ‘Asian of the Year’ by Straits Times of Singapore are the co-founders of which Electronic-Commerce Company?
D.E-BayAnswer – B. Flipkart
Flipkart founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal have been chosen for the 2016 ‘Asian of the Year’ by Straits Times of Singapore as part of a group called the ‘The Disruptors’.
- Who has been sworn in asthe new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu following death of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
D.P. ShanmugamAnswer – C. O. Panneerselvam
AIADMK leader O. Panneerselvam was sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadufollowing death of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
65 year old Panneerselvam was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Ch. Vidyasagar Rao at a solemn ceremony held in the Raj Bhavan, Chennai. He will have remaining four years term of the Jayalalithaa Government.
- Who has been sworn in as the new President of Uzbekistan replacing Islam Karimov?
D.Nariman UmarovAnswer – A. Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Interim leader Shavkat Mirziyoyev become the new President of Uzbekistan after he has secured 88.6 percent of the votes in the presidential election. Shavkat will replace Islam Karimov who became Uzbekistan’s Communist party chief in 1989 and ruled as President after the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.
- Who has been appointed as the Managing Director of Chennai based AirAsia during the company’s board meeting held on 29 November 2016?
D.Mittu ChandilyaAnswer – B. Amar Abrol
Amar Abrol was Managing Director of Chennai based AirAsia India during the company’s board meeting held on 29 November 2016. Abrol was appointed as CEO of the airline in April 2016.
- Who has won the 2016 Austrian presidential election by winning 7.6 % more votes than his opponent?
C.Alexander Van Der Bellen
D.Heinz FischerAnswer – C. Alexander Van Der Bellen
Ex-leader of the Greens, Alexander Van Der Bellen has won the Austrian presidential election, gaining 7.6 percent of votes more than his opponent Norbert Hofer. On December 4, 2016, Austria held a presidential re-run between Green candidate Van der Bellen and far-right Freedom Party (FPO) candidate Norbert Hofer in which Bellen was declared a winner with 60.4 percent of ballots against 39.6 percent received by his rival.
- Who has been appointed as the chief of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on December 5, 2016 replacing M Sathiyavathy?
D.Subroto MukerjeeAnswer – A. BS Bhullar
Senior bureaucrat BS Bhullar has been appointed as the chief of aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on December 5, 2016. He is the succeedor of M Sathiyavathy, first woman chief of the aviation regulator.
- Name the technology giant who has launched a personal safety app ‘Trusted Contacts’ to give nearest location data for the selected contacts requested by the user.
D.GoogleAnswer – D. Google
Search engine giant Google has launched a personal safety app ‘Trusted Contacts’ to give your nearest location to your selected contacts.Concerned contacts can request location data to the users. Users can respond to the request and signal that they are safe to their contacts by denying the location data request.
- Which ministry has launched observational Winter Fog Campaign atIndira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi on December 6, 2016to develop methods for forecasting winter fog.
A.Information & Broadcasting
B.Health and Family Welfare
C.Ministry of Earth Sciences
D.Heavy Industries and Public EnterprisesAnswer – C. Ministry of Earth Sciences
To better understand the science of fog formation over New Delhi, the Ministry of Earth Sciences inaugurated the Winter Fog Campaign at the New Delhi Airport. The Ministry Of Earth Sciences (MoES) launched an ‘observational’ campaign at Indira Gandhi International Airport on December 6, 2016 to conduct an intensive ground-based measurement campaign in Delhi to understand different physical and chemical features of fog and factors responsible for its genesis, intensity and duration.
- Former Tamil Nadu Chief Ministerand All-India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) SupremoJ Jayalalithaa who passed away in Chennai on December 5, 2016 at 68 had been appointed as the CM of Tamil Nadu how many times?
D.10Answer – C. 6
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and All-India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) Supremo J Jayalalithaa passed away at Apollo Hospital in Chennai on December 5, 2016 at 11:30 pm following cardiac arrest . She was 68. She served as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for six times: 1991 to 1996, in 2001, from 2002 to 2006, from 2011 to 2014, 2015 to 2016 and May 2016 to December 2016 (sixth time).
- Cabinet minister for water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation Uma Bharti has announced to celebrate the birth anniversary of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar held on 14th April as which day?
D.Food DayAnswer – B. Water Day
Cabinet minister for water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation Uma Bharti has announced that his birth day 14th April will be celebrated as “Water Day”. 61th Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas is celebrated on December 6, 2016 to commemorate the great contribution of the Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar towards the country.
- In order to boost the growing defence ties, India has signed an agreement to train the Sukhoi-30 fighter pilots of which country during a bilateral discussion held in New Delhi on December 5, 2016?
D.MauritiusAnswer – A. Vietnam
In order to further boost to its growing defence ties with Vietnam, India has agreed to train the southeast nation’s Sukhoi-30 fighter pilots. The agreement regarding the same was signed during bilateral discussions between Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Vietnamese counterpart, General Ngo Xuan Lich, in New Delhi on December 5, 2016.
- Name the health insurance scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh Government in partnership with Tata Trust in Vijaywada to provide health insurance to all the people of the city including new born from December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017.
A.Jeevan Aarogya Program
B.Health For All
D.Sehat BimaAnswer – C. Swastha Kutambham
AP government with Tata Trusts has launched a health insurance scheme, Swastha Kutumbham in Vijayawada which became India’s first constituency to have health insurance for all people include new born for a year from December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017. Under this insurance scheme every individual has to pay Rs 1 per day or Rs 120 per month per family as premium.