Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The 6th Heart of Asia Ministerial Conference 2016 was held in which Indian city?
D.KolkataAnswer – C.Amritsar
The 6th Heart of Asia Ministerial Conference was jointly inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modiand Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in Amritsar, Punjab on December 4, 2016. The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Addressing Challenges, Achieving Prosperity’.
- Which state government launched a scheme on December 5, 2016, to provide Limited Free Talktime and Internet Data to the youth in the state to encourage them towards Digital India Initiative?
D.West BengalAnswer – A.Goa
The Government of Goa is set to launch its ambitious scheme “Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana” on December 5, 2016, providing Limited Free Talktime and Internet Data to the youth in the state to comply with the central government’s Digital India initiative. The scheme will provide free 100 minutes talk time and 3 GB Internet data with a SIM card (every month) for youths aged between 16-30 years.
- What is the theme of the 2016 World Soil Day ?
A.Soils and pulses, a symbiosis for life
B.Soils, foundation for family farming
C.Soils, a solid ground for life
D.Sustainable Management of soil for Overall DevelopmentAnswer – A.Soils and pulses, a symbiosis for life
Every year World Soil Day is observed on the 5th of December to celebrate the importance of soil as a critical component of the natural system and as a vital contributor to human well-being. It is organized by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). 2016 Theme: “Soils and pulses, a symbiosis for life”
- When is the International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development celebrated?
D.November 30Answer – B.December 5
International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development is observed every year on December 5 since 1985 to show volunteers contributions at the international, national and local levels in order to get the Millennium Development Goals. 2016 theme :Global Applause – give volunteers a hand
- Name the first Asian-American Olympic Gold Medal Winning Diver who recently died of pneumonia in California at 96.
D.Xiong NiAnswer – C.Sammy Lee
Two-time Olympic Gold Medal Winning Diver, Sammy Lee died of pneumonia on December 2, 2016 in Newport Beach, California.He was 96. He was the first Asian-American to win an Olympic gold medal for the U.S.
- Name the Australian Captain who recorded his career best score in the Australia’s ODI against New Zealand at Sydney Cricket Ground on 04th December 2016.
D.Mitchell StarcAnswer – A.Steven Smith
Australian captain Steven Smith smashed a career-best 164 (157) in the first ODI against New Zealand on 04th December 2016, to equal Ricky Ponting’s record for the highest individual score by an Aussie skipper. ii. Ricky Ponting had made 164, against South Africa in the famous ODI at Wanderers in 2005-06. George Bailey is the only other Australia captain to score 150 or more; he struck 156 against India in Nagpurin 2013-14.
- Name the Prime Minister of New Zealand who announced his unexpected resignation on December 5, 2016.
D.Geoffrey PalmerAnswer – C.John Key
John Key, New Zealand Prime Minister and leader of the National party resigned from the post, ahead of next year’s general election. Mr Key resigned due to a combination of factors, including a desire to spend more time with his family and the need to make room for new political talent.
- A 10,500 years old ancient camping site has been discovered by the Archaeological Survey of India in which of the following region?
D.Kunlun mountain rangeAnswer – B.Ladakh
A release issued by the culture ministry states that an ancient camping site has been found near Saser La in the Nubra Valley, Ladakh at an altitude of about 4,200 metres. The site indicates that humans were camping in that area about 10,500 years ago and its 14,000 feet above the sea level.
- Which country’s Scientists have become the first to discover a method of mapping the human thought by using fast functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI)?
C.United States of America
D.NorwayAnswer – C.United States of America
A study published in the journal PNAS revealed that American scientists of US National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, for the first time have successfully tracked human thought by imaging rapidly fluctuating brain activity. The scientists made use of fast functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI), which measures changes in blood oxygenation associated with higher order brain functions.
- Which country’s Prime Minister resigned on December 5, 2016, after being defeated in a referendum on constitutional reform over his plan to reform the constitution?
D.SwitzerlandAnswer – B.Italy
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has resigned on December 5, 2016, after being defeated in a referendum on constitutional reform over his plan to reform the constitution, throwing the country and the euro zone into confusion.
- Who has won the Online Readers’ Poll for TIME Person of the Year 2016?
A Donald Trump
D.Narendra ModiAnswer – D.Narendra Modi
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has won the Online Readers’ Poll for TIME Person of the Year 2016, beating off other world leaders like US President-elect Donald Trump, incumbent US leader Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Which Electronic Commerce Company has launched a Startup Programme ‘Launchpad’ in India to support Indian startups?
D.MyntraAnswer – B.Amazon
Explanation: An electronic commerce company Amazon launched it’s startup programme ‘Launchpad‘ in India to support Indian startups and scale up their business. Launchpad will help startups launch, market, and distribute their products to Amazon customers across India and around the world via a dedicated store.
- To achieve complete digitization of government payments, the Finance Ministry has made it mandatory for all government departments to make electronic payments and lowered the amount for e-payment from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. ________
D.Rs. 5,500Answer – A.Rs. 5000
The Finance Ministry made it mandatory on December 5, 2016 for all Government Departments to make Electronic Payments to suppliers, contractors or institutions if the order value exceeds Rs 5,000, to give a boost to Digital Payment System. To attain the goal of complete digitization of government payments, the ministry has lowered the amount for making such payments from Rs 10,000 to Rs 5,000.
- To encourage Cashless Digital Payment System across Districts of India, NITI Aayog has taken initiative to provide Rs. ________ to each district to implement the system.
D.Rs. 5,50,000Answer – C.Rs. 5,00,000
Explanation: To encourage each district in the country to encourage digital payments for day to day financial transactions without fear, the NITI Aayog has taken an initiative to transfer Rs.5 lakh to each district to implement the move. Aim: to give a boost to cashless digital payment systems across districts, talukas and panchayats.
- Which country has been suspended by the South American nations on December 2, 2016 from the Mercosur trade bloc for violating the bloc’s democratic principles and failing to meet its basic standards?
D.VenezuelaAnswer – D.Venezuela
The South American nations has suspended Venezuela on December 2, 2016 from the Mercosur trade bloc for violating the bloc’s democratic principles and failing to meet its basic standards. Venezuela had been a full member since 2012 in Mercosur. Venezuela failed to comply with its commitments made at the time of joining the group in 2012.
- India as assumed a status of safe investment destination after crossing the FDI inflow of $_______ billion between April 2000 and September 2016.
D.300Answer – D.300
Explanation: India has achieved the status of being a safe and dynamic investment destination in the world after it crossed the $ 300 billion Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) between April 2000 and September 2016. 33% of the FDI came through the Mauritius route. India received $101.76 billion from Mauritius
- Indian online transportation company Ola has tied up with which bank to set up mobile ATMs in Ola cabs across 30 locations, from where customers of any bank can withdraw up to Rs 2,000 per card.
D.RBIAnswer – B.YES Bank
Maharashtra based Yes Bank has partnered with India’s smartest cab service Ola to set up mobile ATMs across 30 locations across 10 cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Jaipur.
- Name the India’s First Social Aided Ecommerce Platform that offers new unique as well as pre-loved used products which is available for both, offline and online purchase?
D.AppilyAnswer – C.Yappily
India has come up with its first online flea market, Yappily.Bangalore based start-up Yappily was co-founded by Rohit Kumar, Kamonasish Aayush Mazumdar and Rashmi Ranjan Padhy in 2016. It is India’s first social aided ecommerce platform, for both new unique products as well as pre-loved used products, which is available both offline and online and lets a buyer and seller interact and transacts in 10 seconds literally and over 17,000 users are already using it.
- Who has been appointed as the CEO & Director of Airtel’s DTH arm on December 5, 2016.
D.Shashi AroraAnswer – C.Sunil Taldar
Explanation: Sunil Taldar, member of the Airtel Management Board is appointed as CEO & Director of Airtel’s DTH arm on December 5, 2016. Taldar will replaced Shashi Arora who is moved as MD & CEO of Airtel Payments Bank.
- Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd (MASL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company acquired Netherlands-based OFD Holding BV for __________ Euros.
D.2.5 billionAnswer – A.5 million
Explanation: Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd (MASL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company acquired Netherlands-based OFD Holding BV for 5 million euros. According to the agreement, MASL holds 60 per cent of the equity share capital of OFD Holding BV.
- India’s largest public sector trading body MMTC (Metals and Minerals Trading has tied up with which Bank to sell 24 Carat government-minted Indian Gold Coin under the Gold Monetisation Scheme launched by PM Modi?
D.SEBIAnswer – B.SBI
India’s largest public sector trading body MMTC(Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation ) tie-up with the State Bank of India (SBI) to sell government-minted Indian Gold Coin(24 Karat)which will be available in denominations of 5gm, 10gm and 20 gm bar. It has set a target of selling 5 lakhs units in the next few years under Gold Monetisation Scheme which was launched in 2015 by PM Modi
- The Central Government is planning for the speedy implementation of PFMS in the country to check on idle fund lying with government and cut interest cost from external borrowing. What is the full form of PFMS?
A.Public Financial Management System
B.Private Fund Monitoring System
C.Public Financial Management System
D.Proper Fund Managing SchemeAnswer – C.Public Financial Management System
The Central Government is planning for the speedy implementation of Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in the country. There are about Rs.1-1.5 lakh crore of idle funds lying with the government. The system will enable the government to monitor and access the more than Rs.1 lakh crore of idle funds lying with it under various heads.
This will save the government from borrowing money from external source thus saving interest costs of at least Rs.7,000 crore at 7% interest.